Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• gg014gg014 Posts: 3
    Forgot to mention, this is for a 3 year 36,000 mi lease.
  • Hi movol. The November program is out. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TSX is .00082 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi gg014. the money factor and acquisition fee that you were given look good. They're right in line with Acura's base rates for this model.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you are being given. The dealer invoice price of a 2012 TSX 4-cylinder with the Tech Package is $32,020. This drops to right around $31,000 once we subtract the $1,000 available dealer cash from that. That's the exact selling price that you were quoted, so you are getting a good deal. Of course, you're really at around $400 over invoice after taking the doc fee into account, but that's still pretty good.

I'm not surprised about all the fees. Acura charges the acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. The doc fee is fluff, but in the big picture you're still getting this car for a good price. Most of the other fees and taxes are government mandated.

Car_man
    Host
  • gg014gg014 Posts: 3
    Thanks a lot car_man!

Is it typical for lessees to roll the acquisition, doc and tag fees into the capitalized amount? Washington DC charges a monthly 10% sales tax on the lease payments, so it seems like it makes better sense to pay these in cash rather than rolling them into the cost and essentially paying taxes on these fees. I think DC also charges sales tax on any cap cost reduction made, so I'm trying to figure out the optimal amount to put down, I was thinking between 1500-2000. Any suggestions?

I'll try to see if I can talk them out of the doc fee, we'll see how it goes! Thanks again!
  • movolmovol Posts: 3
    Thanks Car man. Do you know the mf and residuals on both the 2012 and 2013 TSX? Looking at 10k and 15k miles. Also you mentioned to another post that there was a $1000 cash incentive? Any opinion on the better deal 2012 or 2013? Thanks for your help.
  • movolmovol Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if the 1,000 dealer cash that is available on the 2012 TSX is available on the 2013? I cant find mention of it anywhere on the web.
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 262
    0 is the optimal amount to put down. $400 per month is all you should pay for this car and at this moment in time. Once again 36 payments of $400 each. Just think about a car lease a if it is an appartment rent. Would you put any money down to reduce your monthly rent?
  • Absolutely gg014. Consumers roll those fees into their payments all the time. I see your point about not waiting to pay taxes on the fees.

You definitely should go with zero capitalized cost reduction on a lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go movol. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2013 TSX with 15,000 miles per year are .00082 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00011 and 52%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, the residual values would be 2% higher. The 10k residual would be 3% higher.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on the 2012 model, but nothing on the 2013 model.

You should be able to get a lower payment on a '12 than on a '13 at this point.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi movol. The dealer cash is only available on the 2012 model, not the 2013.

Car_man
    Host
  • I was offered a 36 month, 10k a year lease on a 2012 TSX for 339+tax
    so 362.73 tax included a month. 0 down. 1200 total out of pocket "inception fees"

does this seem like a descent deal.
    the online "special on acura website is 350 a month 0 down plus taxes titles and fees. I wish there was a source or database where people posted their leases, instead of having to haggle with these south florida dealerships.

Thank you!
  • When I lease mind in May 2012. I paid $1,287 out of pocket at signing and $295+tax for 35 months after that and got 15,000 miles a years for 36 months lease. Hopefully this help.
  • Was quoted the following for a TSX base:

12,000 miles per year
    $556.84 due at signing (consists of 1st payment and title/registration fees)
    $392.84 monthly payment for remaining 35 payments

Or

$0 due at signing (sign and drive lease)
    $404.68 monthly payment (you will only make 35 total payments)

TSX
    Residual for 12,000 miles per year – 60% which equates to residual value of $18,843
    Residual for 10,000 miles per year – 61% which equates to residual value of $18,157.05
    Money factor for lease with first payment and title/registration fees due at signing - .00082
    Money factor for sign and drive lease - .00072

If you wanted a TSX with the Technology Package, the payment would be about $60 more than a TSX without the Technology Package.

Quoted :
    Offer Price $28,300
    Wisconsin Title/Registration Fees
    Title/Registration: $159.00
    Other Wisconsin DMV Fees
    Vehicle registration: $75.00
    Title: $69.00
    Security interest (lien): $10.00
    Counter service fee: $5.00
    Tax & Total
    State Sales Tax $1,415.00
    Total $29,874.00

Thoughts? I do expect a money factor issue as I'm still recovering from a credit hit due to a short sale of my home for a job relocation. But, that's my worry as long as the numbers are OK.
  • I was not looking to buy a new car, but my 2003 BMW 325i has an oil sludge problem that has resulted in it not getting enough oil pressure, so it just stops. The mechanic said they can try to clean it for $1000, but there is no guarantee of how long it will work. So, either spend $1000 on what will definitely be a temporary fix to a non-fixable problem, or off to get a new car. I went to the Acura dealership in Ocala, Florida, and I was offered a lease with the following terms:
    Trade in my BMW (rough trade in is $4600, so maybe worth a little less since it wont run?)
    0 due at signing
    $280 plus tax for total of $296.80 per month for 36 months
    12k per year
    I dont know if this is good or not because of the condition of my car (which i was honest with them about). Please advise. Thanks.
  • I forgot to include in the post above that it is a 2012 base model that i was looking at.
  • Hi Everyone,

Received an offer to lease a 2012 Acura TSX (base model) for $2500 down, 12K, $299/month (includes taxes) and was wondering if this is a good deal. Thanks in advance- this is my first lease experience.
  • I'm trading in and will come out ahead about $3000, so putting that into the lease on a 2012 Sportwagon with the tech package, 15k miles/year, 36 mos I was quoted $499 a month. Is that a good price? Thanks for any help!

And HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :-)
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 262
    Does not look like it is. Here is what I suggest you do.

1. You have $3,000 in your trade. Tell them to cut you a check for $3,000. This is your money and should NOT be used for downpayment of any kind.
    2. Tell them that you would like to pay $425 per month with all fees and taxes included in the monthly payment.
    2. $425 is a very good deal but $430-440 are reasonable too. Once again - ALL fees and taxes included in thos amount.
  • Car_man: I am in negotiations with a dealer for a new 2012 TSX Wagon with Tech. MSRP is $36,800. I have been offered a price of $32,978 (their first offer). That is nearly $4,000 off MSRP (including the $1,000 dealer cash), which I think is pretty good. I just want to make sure they don't try to make it back on me with financing.

I have done a little research and tried to find money factor and residuals, but have only been able to find them for November, or for the 2013's, or for the sedan. The dealer assured me that he can lease this car, and that the "rates" are better than they are on the 2013's. I've found 0.00011 and 52% for the Sedan for November. I'm looking at 15,000/year, with nothing down. I'll pay TTL and acquisition out of pocket. Lease tax in PA is 10%.

What should the monthly payment be for these parameters?

Are these good money factor and residuals for Dec, or have the rates changed/are they different for the wagon?

If I was at or below $450/mo, I could probably live with it. Thanks so much for your assistance.

I'd love to close this deal by Friday and have this car for the holidays. Another dealer quoted me $31,613 for a 2012 TSX Sedan w/Tech, for a payment of $480/mo (TTL/Acqisition in). MSRP was $34,005. I don't think that's a very good deal at all, either price or the lease deal.
  • Hi rmpierce1. A $4,000 discount is a very good selling price for a 2012 TSX. There's actually a total of $1,000 dealer cash on it right now ($1,000 of that is hidden and most people don't know about) so you're probably right at around dealer invoice minus incentives.

Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX Wagon Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00082 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Using the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $36,800 and a selling price of $32,978, and the above lease program, I estimate that this car would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $388.

Car_man
    Host