Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• nickooochnickoooch Posts: 6
    i recently saw an ad for the 2007 tsx base model at $299/mth with roughly 2000$ due at signing.. can anyone tell me what my payment wouuld be with just tax title and fees in Florida? thanks
  • rujorujo Posts: 132
    $311.48/mo plus tax . . . assumes a selling price of $26,400 (not the very lowest price but easily achievable on the West Coast - search the forum to see what people are paying in your area) with $595 acquisition fee rolled into the lease for a cap cost of $26,995; money factor of .00127 (assumes you qualify for Honda's super preferred credit tier); assumes tags, title, document fees and first month's payment up front.

This is for a 36mo/10k mi per yr lease; bumping the mileage to 12k per year brings the payment to $319.10/mo plus tax.

Residuals and money factor used for these calculations are based on TSX April lease rates - numbers could possibly change in May.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    No problem, lmp180psu. Go Lions! I think that they are going to have a big year as long as they don't lose too many good players as a result of the whole fight incident.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi crokerd. You really would be better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your X3 lease to get something new. I guess that the trouble is that you are over mileage. I can see why you wouldn't want to go any further over. At $0.25 per mile, 2,000 miles per month is the break even point where it begins to make sense to just waste your final payments and get into something new.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted for this car. The dealer invoice price for a 2007 Acura TSX with an automatic transmission but without navigation is $26,451. So the price that you were quoted, $27,260, is around $800 over invoice isn't bad. You may be able to shave a couple hundred dollars off of it if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, but this is a fair price.

Acura's lease program for the TSX is regional in May. If you tell me what state you are in I would be happy to give you an idea of what it is like in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new TSX, magicboy2. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy your new ride.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey lmp180psu. Acura basically extended its special lease program on the TL basically unchanged for the month of May, but it is now only available in certain states. Fortunately, Pennsylvania is one of them. This car's new May money factors and residual values are slightly different though. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Acura TSX without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi awoodrow. You never mentioned how long you are interested in leasing for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Acura TSX without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 58%, respectively. Unfortunately, this car's special lease program is now only available in certain states. If you let me know where you live I will gladly tell you if you are in one of them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • denotsxdenotsx Posts: 2
    Can you tell me if I got a good deal or not:

Black 2007 TSX auto w/Navi & a rear spoiler
    Final Monthly payment (everything included) : $322/mo
    36 months
    12,000 miles
    $2,500 down at signing

(if it means anything, i purchased in philadelphia, pa)

any input would be great, thanks!
    May money factors and residual values are slightly different though. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Acura TSX without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 58%, respectively.

Interestingly, the better money factor but lower residual work out to the same monthly payment as using the April numbers.
  • tijuana19tijuana19 Posts: 40
    Hi car_man, can you tell me what the MF and RV are for May for a purchase in California? thanks!!!
  • awoodrowawoodrow Posts: 3
    that is exactly it, 36 month lease with 15k per year. I live in MI, so hopefully this lease program applies. If not, Ohio and Indiana are very close and they would definitely be options. thank you very much for your help!
    just got quoted 329/mnth.. out of pocket is just tax title and tag.. 36k miles..36mnths.. is this a good deal?.. :confuse:
    1) Is it $329/mo plus tax?

2) Is the first month's payment rolled into the lease or does it have to be paid upfront along with TT&L?
    "Your TSX is in stock , your requested lease for 36mths/12k miles with 1st mth,tax,title is $339+tx...........".. this was the dealers exact reply.. whataya think? thanks
    This means the "selling price" is about $27,100. (It's possible that dealer document fees are in there, but they're usually in the upfront payment - and they shouldn't be more than $100. Selling prices here in the SF Bay Area are generally in the range of invoice to invoice less a few hundred. Invoice is $26,451.)

In any event, that monthly payment works out to a cap cost of approximately $27,695. Since the acquisition fee is $595 it means you're paying $27,100 for something. Which is definitely high in my market area - conditions in your area may be different.
  • mach1010mach1010 Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

can I have the May Residual and MF in CA for a standard TSX Auto/Non-Navi

for 36 months/12,000

and for 36 months/10,000

also what is the lease program for May in CA

Thanks!!
  • serfyserfy Posts: 1
    I was looking to purchase a used 2005 TSX. The prices range from 20K - 25K. I'm in LA and used prices seem to be a few thousand higher here than in the mid-west, I was actually prepared to fly out to Colorado Springs to pick up an '05 with 19K for 21K, but then I took a test drive in an '07 with NAV. Now I gotta have it!. The dealer the salesman suggested I lease a 2007. For 2K down and $310 it sounds like a good deal. I always been a staunch "purchase my vehicle" kind of guy so I'm skeptical. I don't like the idea of having zero value at the end, but it allows me to keep my cash right now and I'm in a bit of a cash flow crunch.

How do I go about getting the best deal on a lease. What are the negotiating points? Since Acura is offering 3.9% financing AND lease incentives doesn't that mean they have a glut of inventory?
    The first, and single most important, negotiating point on a lease is the "selling price" of the car. Negotiate it just as if you were buying - check this forum and the prices paid forum to see what kind of selling prices/quotes others have been getting. Seems many are now getting below invoice deals.

What does the proposed $2K down include? Generally, putting the least amount down makes sense - advertised deals almost always include a hefty down payment so they can show a low monthly payment. Good advice from this forum says if your car is totaled you may not get back your upfront down payment - insurance settlement may merely pay what's owed on the lease.

(When I'm calculating lease payments on different cars - to make comparisons easy - I add the negotiated selling price and the bank acquisition fee together to arrive at the cap cost. This leaves the first month's payment plus tags and title and dealer document fees to be paid upfront.)
  • ausdtechausdtech Posts: 37
    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there would be a problem getting an aftermarket alarm installed on a leased TSX. I know leasing severely limits changes you can make to the car but wasnt sure if this would be allowed or not.

Reason being:

I've read a number of problems in my area with TSXs being broken into by someone or a group with a master key which totally defeats the built-in security.

If this is doable would it need to be through the dealer?

If i had it done by an outside shop after leasing, would I need to remove the alarm at the end of the lease?

And lastly, would the cost of this or any other additional accessories I got on the car be taken into account when calculating the residual or is it just a % of the straight MSRP?

Thanks for your feedback
  • gforce11gforce11 Posts: 225
    Hello all,
    Recently I looked into leasing a Mustangs, however they are terrible lease vehicles...($490/mo, are you kidding me? I'd be cruising with a G35 at that price). Anyway, so my 2nd choice is the TSX. Here is what I've been getting:

First thing to note, Acura has ended production on all 07 TSX (I believe new 08 is rolling out at an unannounced date and there is talk that it'll sport the RDX's 240hp engine). With that said, here are the deals I am getting in So Cal.

07 TSX w/o navi:
    MSRP 28760
    Lease price 26200
    MF .00110
    Residual 60%
    Term 36 mo
    Miles 12k
    Approx mo payment $339 (after 8.25% tax)
    0 down

07 TSX with navi
    MSRP 30760
    Lease price 28200
    MF .00110
    Residual 59%
    Term 36 mo
    Miles 12k
    Approx mo payment $376 (after 8.25% tax)
    0 down

Hope this helps!!!
    I'm hoping to pick mine up this weekend (assuming they will not jacked me on my trade in)