Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi plasticmoonrai. Acura is currently providing $1,500 dealer cash on the 2007 Acura TSX to all dealers. Make sure to use this cash to negotiate a selling price that is below dealer invoice on the car that you want to lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi TrickyDick. The best way to get a good deal on a lease of a 2007 Acura TSX is to negotiate as low a selling price as you can on the car that you want and then have the dealer that you are working with calculate your monthly payment using Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor. Honda Finance's current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2008 TSX is .00152 for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. $750 over dealer invoice is a pretty good deal on this car, but in an area that has a lot of competition, like the one that you are in, I would not be surprised if you were able to beat it by a couple hundred dollars.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi rick5262. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you leased. Looking at vehicles' selling prices is a great way to evaluate leases. Let me know what this car's selling price was and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi carx22. Have you tried calculating this car's lease payment manually rather than using an on-line calculator? That's how I always calculate lease payments. I plug the formula that is outlined in the following formula into Excel: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • I would be happy to give you an idea of what this car's current lease program is like, carx22. Vehicles' lease programs vary by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Through October 31st, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Acura TSX without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00275 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Looking at trading in my 2005 TSX with Navi for a 2008 TSX with Navi. I have about 37,000 miles on my current TSX with a payoff of 21,600 to the dealer...Higher for me if I sold it. They offered to payoff the car with no negative equity rolled in, pay first months payment at signing, $466 a month for 3 years, 10,000 miles per year. Sound like a pretty good deal? Its about $7 a month higher than I currently pay. I do not plan on turning the car in at the end of the month, I would either trade it in or sell it private party. I would probably drive over 10,000 miles per year, but does it really matter if I am not going to turn the car in?
  • Trading in the 2005, $455/month 36 months, 12,000 miles per year. $455 due at signing. They are paying off the 2005 completely. $4 less per month than I pay now for a new 2008 black/ebony with Navi.
  • jvosjvos Posts: 55
    The deal I am currently negotiation on a 2008 TSX is as follows:
    $26,631.00 for the TSX, $58.48 for the title transfer, $1,868.26 for the tax, $15.00 for the county fee and $143.00 for new plates. This totals $28,715.74 out the door.
    (Note this is IL, so tax is included up front.)
    Using a 36mo X 15K mile term of .00152 and 61%, I come up with a monthly payment of $309.
    First of all, did I do the math right?
    Second, does this seem like a good deal?
    Thanks.
    The dealer is giving a payment of $442, so one of us is WAY off.
  • rtoys1rtoys1 Posts: 5
    Hello,

I'm new to leasing and am trying hard not to be taken for a ride by some "creative" car dealership in NNJ area! :) Can you please tell us which dealership you got your car from? I'm thinking of getting mine (08 TSX auto w/o navi, 36 months, 12K/yr) from Park Avenue Acura ... only because it's closest to my home base.

Thanks in advance
  • mjs504mjs504 Posts: 18
    I recently leased a 2008 TSX from Ramsey Acura. We had the same question and spoke to multiple people who leased from Ramsey and had great feedback regarding their experiences there. Good luck.
    Thank you for your quick response. I will visit them this weekend and will provide an update shortly.
    CARMAN, HELP!

I could really use some feedback as my previous lease turn in is a week away! Thanks.
  • Hi all. I believe I am going to purchase an 08 non-navi tsx this weekend in northern new jersey. does any have any experience or advice in what price i should be looking for? right now they are at 27,090 not including tax, registration, etc.

Thanks.
  • kh4nkh4n Posts: 1
    For a 36-month, 12,000 mile per year lease on a 2008 automatic-transmission Acura TSX w/out navi, I was quoted $325 + tax = $340 per month and an initial payment of $1500 that included the first month's lease payment, registration, and some other stuff (I've never leased before and I didn't get the details). The price of the vehicle was "around $27,000."

The lease would be through Honda's leasing company. At the end of the lease period, if I choose not to keep the vehicle, they will allow up to $1,500 extra wear and tear above "normal" with no extra charge.

Am I getting taken for a ride here, or is this a fair offer? Any other info I can provide to help evaluate the offer?
    My thanks to this forum and in particular kyfdx.

We got our TSX for $409/mo due completely due to the power of knowledge and information.

What's more, it was exactly the type of transaction I like - all negotiation was done before I ever set foot in the dealer. When we got there, the car was being detailed, the paperwork was drawn up, we just had to complete the credit app (which was approved during the time the salesman went thru the Acura manuals) and sign the lease. About an hour. Smooth as silk.

Thanks again.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,703
    Good Job! That exactly what I want too, is a good experience without all the drama. But, it is frustrating when you want to get quotes, and they ask for you to call them for more information, like they need your credit app before giving you a quote. Ya, like I am going to let you hit my credit a million times to see what is the best deal someplace. Or, they assume, just because I am young, they assume, that I am not able to do it, so they don't even bother. Quoting is first, if we like, then we go to the next step. I am not signing a dotted line, and not know what contract I am getting into. It doesn't work that way. Buying a car is on our terms, not theirs. We all have to make a living, but where do you draw the line. Good Job, your probably that small percentage that had no problems.
  • Rtoys,

I leased my 08 from Park Ave in August. The internet guy over there quoted me all the numbers over the phone on a saturday morning. I agreed, he faxed all the paperwork to my job that monday I filled them out faxed back, then I went in on wednesday to give them my trade and pick up my tsx. I didnt even see it or drive it till the day I picked it up. Was a really great experience.
    Pollofrito81,

Congratulations on your new car! =) Can you provide the name of the person you dealt with? (I have no confidence with the person that I met there on my 1st visit!) Also, I'm sure that other prospective buyers would appreciate it if you can share the #s or lease details for our reference (36 mo lease 12K/yr? cap cost? monthly payment? downpayment? etc). Thanks in advance :)
  • Guys name at Park Ave was Nick Martinez. I'm sure he wont care Im dropping his name as its a potential sale. I paid about 700 over invoice which was the going rate in north jersey. DCH Acura sent me the same exact quote and is closer to my house, but Park Ave was quicker with the communication so I bought from them.

6sp manual 08 TSX/non nav
    2k out of pocket
    15k miles 36 months
    352 a month.

Superpreferred Rate and 61% residual. My math says i bought the car for about 700 over invoice which is ok with me being it was an 08 and they had many 07's still available. Be advised I bought the car in August, thus using Augusts lease programs. IIRC just fee's ($1400) was something like 375 a month, so I threw down an extra 600 for some cap cost to get the paymet to ~350.