Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi mcginsu. Here's the information that you're looking for. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura TSX without the Tech package with 15,000 miles per year are .00263 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Acura's sales were off around 25% for the month of October. As bad as this is, it actually is better than the industry as a whole. Clearly Acura is going to need to continue to provide incentives on its vehicles to help them sell. However, eventually all automakers will cut production in response to the slowdown in consumer demand. They will not continue to crank out vehicles and increase incentives forever. I would not be surprised if the lease program on the TSX improved in the coming months, but I don't expect a huge fire sale.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • drtraveldrtravel Posts: 395
    Do you have the numbers for a 4 year lease 15K per year?

I noticed that the advertised lease deal on Acura.com is valid for November and December so it looks like Acura isn't planning on changing their lease numbers for two months. Note also that they do not require a security deposit to obtain the 0.00263 MF - at least that's what their web site details imply.

Thanks
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    I have gotten lease quotes on the Accord, and the TSX, and it makes more sense to me to get the TSX. I get so much more, and the gap between them both is almost not there in lease numbers. They are quoting me $370 for an EX-L 4cyl Accord no navi, $0 down, then just a little bit over $400 for the TSX. Now, for what I get in just the base model TSX, it seems to me, worth the upgrade! Not to mention the TSX is an amazing car, and it has the paddleshifters I want, bluetooth, little things like this. I have not even test driven the car, but I would honestly lease one without even doing so. I am that confident!

Does this make sense that the Accord and TSX lease deals are so close together?
    They were quoting me clear into the $500's for a loaded Accord, which goes right into TSX territory. I am sure I could probably get a loaded TSX for lower than this, give or take, it would not be to far off. Still the TSX might seem more attractive.

I have made up my mind, the TSX is the car I want, I have looked at other cars, but I keep coming back to this car. Now if I can get my payments under $400 a month, then we got a deal.
  • Hello all I am ready to lease a 2009 TSX w/ Tech before the end of this year and would really need your helps in getting the best lease deal. I've been searching the internet a bit and found many people reporting that a TSX can be have with close to invoice price now. So my question is if my lease is going to be based on a negotiated price of let's say $30,000 is it possible to get a TSX w/Tech for Acura's advertised deal on a regular TSX which is $309/month? I would like to keep my down payment under $3000 if not lower. BTW I have 760 FICO and I'm in Southern California.
    TSX w/Tech for Acura's advertised deal on a regular TSX which is $309/month?

Some rough numbers for you:

Say you lease a 2009 TSX w/Tech package for 36 months, 10K per year with a down payment of $2675 - just matching the web site. You say you can get the car at invoice.

MSRP = 32,820
    Cap cost = 30,241 (invoice) less 2675 = 27566
    Residual is 32820 X 0.62 = 20348.40

Depreciation = (27566-20348.40)/36 = 200.49
    Interest = (27566+20348.40) X 0.00263 = 126.02

Lease would be 200.49 + 126.02 = 326.51 plus TTL

I would never put anything down on a lease - I'm sure all the lease experts agree with me on this point. If you do the same lease with nothing down the cap cost would be 30241, the payment increases to 407.84 plus TTL which is 81.33 more per month. Over the course of the lease you pay 81.33 X 36 = 2928 instead of the 2675 down.

Of course this lease is only for 10K per year. For 15K per year the residual would be 32820 X 0.59 = 19363.80. The payment for nothing down is 432.60 plus TTL, the payment with 2675 down is 351.27 plus TTL.

Don't shop based on a monthly payment. With a big enough down payment I can get the monthly payment to any number you want.

BTW - I'm also in SoCal. If you make a deal be sure to let me know the details and from which dealer you got it from. Planet Acura seems to be the most aggressive in their e-mails but I'm not sure whether they will actually come through in the end.
    Of course this lease is only for 10K per year. For 15K per year the residual would be 32820 X 0.59 = 19363.80. The payment for nothing down is 432.60 plus TTL, the payment with 2675 down is 351.27 plus TTL.
    -------------------------------------

Now, for that $0 down, $432.60 a month. Why would I want to get an Accord EX-L 4cyl with navi that supposedly has a payment that goes into the $500's.

Does any of this make sense? Why does it seem that Accord lease is so high, or am I missing something?
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Resale - it's lower on the Accord.
  • Hi drtravel your final payment seems to make sense for TSX w/Tech ($326.51 plus TTL/month) but I don't understand your math. It is my understanding that when we lease a car we are only paying for the depreciation of the car correct? So if the depreciation is ($27566-$20348.40=$7217.60) over a 36 months lease shouldn't my interest payment be based on $7217.60 since that's how much I'm financing? Your math shows my interest to be based on ($27566+$20348.40) which means $47914.40! How did you come up with that?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,079
    You aren't financing the depreciation. In terms of a regular loan, the depreciation is how much of the principal you are paying off during the term. The amount financed is the entire purchase price. After all, that is what the bank pays the dealer for the car you are leasing.

They add the CAP cost and residual, because they are seeking an average of those two numbers. The actual amount financed for lease purposes is the (CAP cost + residual) / 2.

You don't see the divisor in the calculations, because it is accounted for within the money factor, itself.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• does anyone think I will be able to swing this deal before the end of the year? I'd like a 3 yr, 12k/yr lease for the 09 base. I have a trade in that is valued at $7100 (outstanding loan is $5500) per KBB's trade-in value. I would like to be at the $309/month with putting nothing down (except possibly 1st month's payment). based on the numbers in this thread, it would look like this:

msrp: $29720
    purchase: $25650
    money factor: 0.00263
    residual: 63%
    total pmt: $309
    total pmt + tax: $332

I think the math works out to be about $600 over invoice, assuming that I get $1600 for my trade. is this reasonable?
    Invoice is $27,398

27,398 + 600 - 1600 = 26,398 not the 25,650 in your example

Would not count on getting KBB's trade-in value for your car. These figures are notoriously higher than what dealers are offering.
  • I'm assuming that $777 in our invoice prices is the destination fee...isn't that something that I could avoid by leasing an in-stock vehicle?
    Looking for Base model 15K per year, 36 and 48 months. Also are these valid for the next two months?

Thank you
  • Hey drtravel. Acura is not providing lease support on 4 year leases of the 2009 TSX, so if you want to lease for this long its money factor would increase slightly from the special .00263 to the standard .00290 (for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. Honda Finance's residual value for a 48 month lease of a base '09 TSX with 15,000 miles per year is 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go, drtravel. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura TSX with 15,000 miles per year are .00263 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00300 and 52%. I believe that this lease program is scheduled to run through January 5th.

Car_man
    Host
    Hmm, a "special" lease of 0.00263 (or 6.31%) doesn't really seem all that great to me. Better than 0.00290 ( 6.96%) I guess but given the current economic situation was expecting better. Oh well, I guess money is tight for Honda Financial so I'll just wait until their continued TSX weak sales changes their mind.

Thanks for the info
    There was a post in the TL forum stating that Acura just dropped their MF on the TL. Was wondering if you knew if Acura dropped their MF on the TSX as well.
  • Brand new here, I appreciate all the info you all provide here.

Does Acura use the same residual percentages on TSX w/Technology Package as they do on TSX base? Like a few others on this forum, I am debating between EX-L Accord and TSX. I know Honda lowers residual percentages on higher level Accords. I am wondering if Acura does the same thing. If Acura 63 % across the board for 36 months, 12k, than is my math of $29.22 more per month correct at invoice pricing? Seems worth it...
    $30224-invoice TSX/w Tech
    $27381-invoice without
    $2843 Price premium to get tech pack
    X .37 (1-.63, essentially won't 63% of tech pack residualize?)
    $1051.91 (amount actually paid for teck pack over 36 months?)
    / 36 months
    $29.22 month plus tax?
    Does Acura use the same residual percentages on TSX w/Technology Package as they do on TSX base?

No

Here are the residuals for each 15K miles/year

Base:
    24 months - 68%
    36 months - 62%
    48 months - 52%

Tech:
    24 months - 65%
    36 months - 59%
    48 months - 49%
  • Hi Car Man! Me again, no onto the TSX, think this is best val for money these days. A dealer emailed me this, I don't think these monthly lease payments are all that attractive, would love your input. Thanks!

Vehicle Price: $32,820.00
    Preferred Customer Discount: -$2,500.00
    Selling Price: $30,320.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $2,508.25
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $242.00
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $8.75
    Other: + $28.00
    Documentation Fee: + $55.00
    Flat Add/County Fee: + $30.00
    Balance Due (estimate): $33,192.00

Cash Due at
    Signing 36 months
    12,000 Miles
    $841 $473
    $875 $472
    $1,100 $465

Note : PAYMENTS INCLUDE TAX AND LICENSE PLUS A PRO PAC WHICH IS WHEEL LOCKS ,MUD GUARDS AND TRUNK TRAY
    Payments look to be normal, but look at your sale price, I am not sure how low you can go, but the post above you have a number closer to invoice. I think your sale price could go lower. Honestly, I think $0 down could get you those payments.
    Since, apparently, you can lease a base TSX for "around" $400

Preferred discount? What is that? No such thing, come on..lol. I think the info they provided is not too off, but I feel the sale price could be worked more, and lose all the down payment numbers until the end, dealers love to throw us customers off with down payments. Then once you get a "realistic" deal, then if you want to put some money down, then do it. :)

The deal looks better WITHOUT ANY MONEY DOWN, as you can get a base model for the lower $400's. Since you said I think the navi is $2k more, which is $40-60 more a month, on top of a base lease. Be careful. Remember, don't make a move on just 1 quote, get multiple quotes via Acura.com from dealers.

See dealers love to confuse you, then you get so crazed that you just sign..lol

Car_man, could you please shed some light on this, as I am looking at this same dilemma, Accord or TSX.
  • I thought those prices were less than favorable, so you've confirmed that! I know car man always tells us to first negotiate sale price, then payments. I have another dealer who just emailed $30,779 on a tsx w nav. I'm trying to get payments around 400/mo w little down. Possible here? Lease terms 36 mos, 12k mi/yr. Thanks for the input this far!
    No problem, I think I will wait until Car_man gives us more info, but the TSX with tech package is exactly what I want! I really am drawn to the paddleshifters, plus, it looks amazing! It reminds me of a Jetta, Accord, all rolled into one, I love driving my mothers 08 Jetta, it is so much fun!

Unfortunately, I am stuck in a GM car lease now, I am hoping to have the lease transferred. Maybe, I will drive the car until Spring, then get the TSX. Heck its almost December, before you know it, it'll be after New years, Maybe they'll be better deals on the TSX. I wouldn't want to get my new TSX in crappy snow anyway..lol.
  • You're right, drtravel. While better than the new standard rate of .00300, a money factor of .00263 is not very "special."

Car_man
    Host
  • Nope, drtravel, to the best of my knowledge Honda Finance's money factor for the 2009 TSX has not been enhanced.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey oliviob. This is the worst that I have ever seen things in the auto industry. If you shop around with a few dealers, I suspect that you will be able to find one that is willing to lease you the 2009 TSX that you are interested in at dealer invoice.

Having said this, I just checked and the selling price that you were quoted is indeed right around invoice. The invoice price for an '09 TSX with an automatic transmission and the Technology package is $30,242. You might be able to squeeze another $100 or so out of the deal, but this is close to as good as it gets on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car Man! While I did not end up leasing a TSX, i did shop around quite a bit and wanted let other forum members know about what I found. For a TSX BASE model, best lease deal in so California was 1000 total drive offs, 378/mo tax incl for a 36/12 lease. Do your internet shopping, these guys will deal. Didn't find those prices for nav model, nor did I try as hard. Thanks for all the help regardless! These forums are invaluable!
  • You're very welcome, oliviob. I'm glad that you find the forums so helpful. Thank you for taking the time to share the deal that you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    I would be totally happy with that deal! Of course even with the base model, but the tech package would probably set me back about another $60 more a month. Assuming the Tech package is about $2k. Based on what my dealer offered for an EX-L Accord 4cyl no navi, $370 due/$370 a month, When the TSX is $1,000 drive off/$378mth. So close, and I am sure the deal could be tweaked to be closer. But that makes the Accord lease deal look horrible considering the EX-L 4cyl no navi is about $24k in sale price, and the TSX is a bit under $30k. I am going with the TSX.

But, the Accord quote was coming from a very stingy dealer! Bob Rohrman!
    Buyer Beware?!
  • Hi Car Man,

When you have some time, wondering if you could provide the December MF and Residuals for 2009 TSX base model for 15K miles/year, for 36 months. Also, if I decide to go with a 2008 model, how much do you think it might be discounted?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Jackie O