Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mrswheat. The dealer invoice price for a 2006 Acura TSX with an automatic transmission and without navigation is currently $26,051. The price that you were quoted for this car is around $1,288 over invoice. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for this car right now, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition I would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate another couple hundred dollars off of this car's price. Take a look in the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Acura TSX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". When you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for the TSX to calculate your car's lease payment. This number is currently .00275 for 36 month leases to consumers who pay a security deposit at lease signing and qualify for Honda Finance's "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Help is on the way, mikefrombklyn. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for, how many miles per year you are allowed to drive, and whether it has navigation. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease of a 2006 Acura TSX without navigation with 12,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Honda Finance's current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 TSX without navigation are .00275 and 61%, respectively assuming that you qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. Honda Finance is the main bank that Acura dealers lease vehicles through. However some independent banks occasionally have more attractive lease programs on unsupported vehicles, like the TSX is right now. If this is the case, the dealer that you get your new car from will try to steer you towards leasing through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, tbenson81. Honda Finance's current 4 year, 15,000 mile per buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 Acura TSX with navigation are .00265 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi phillyrunner. Unfortunately, the 2.9% special financing rate that Acura is providing on all of its models right now (for up to 3 years) is only available on regular loans, not leases. Acura is not currently providing any sort of lease support on the TSX. As a result, if you were to lease one through Honda Finance right now, you would have to use its standard lease money factors. Its current 36 month buy rate lease money factor is .00275 for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. This money factor is equivalent to an interest rate of around 6.6%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • vballny23vballny23 Member Posts: 33
    Car Man,

Are you able to get the August MF & Residual for a 10K, 36 Mo. lease on a 2006 TSX Auto w/o Nav?

Thanks for your help!!
  • tbenson81tbenson81 Member Posts: 25
    Hey Car Man

Can you tell me what the Residual and MF are for August through Honda Finance for both a (3 year / 15k) and (4 yr / 12k lease). I am getting a 2006 TSX with Navi. Thanks!
  • vballny23vballny23 Member Posts: 33
    This is without negotiations.

MSRP - $28,505
    quoted price - $27,051

48 months /10K miles/yr

Residual given - 52%
    MF given - .00283

Monthly payment: $373.26 + TTL
    Also, will have to give them first month, $595 bank fee & $375 Security on signing.

I know its only 10K miles/yr, but the 52% residual is pretty good for 48 mos.

Is this a good starting point?
  • canaanmancanaanman Member Posts: 21
    Dear Car Man,

I finally negotiated my price on a TSX with Navi and about 630 in accessories, that I got a half price. My final price is 28,200. While talking to the Finance Manager, he mentioned maybe I should lease and that his wife drives as many miles as I do, and she leases. Most rates quoted in the forum only go up to 15K per year. What kind of deal should I expect on this car driving between 25 and 30K per year? Thanks.
  • rsimpson5rsimpson5 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car man..or anyone else that can help me out!

Here is what I was quoted before negotiation. Actual info from dealer: TSX WITH NAV. THIS IS WITH 2K DOWN

We have full disclosure here at our dealership. Here is the information you requested,
    12K per year residual .60, money factor .00293

10K per year, residual .61, money factor .00293

The selling price is the price I quoted you originally, $27,695.00.
  • rsimpson5rsimpson5 Member Posts: 2
    So I entered in the above figures into some lease calculators and got figures near $370/month for the 12k/year option. I was quoted a monthly payment of $398...what is the reason for the discrepancy? Hidden dealer profits in the making?
    Here's the info that you're looking for, vballny23. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease if a 2006 Acura TSX without navigation with 10,000 miles per year are .00283 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum

P.S. The above money factor assumes that you qualify for Honda Finance's "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security depsoit equivalent to your car's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment at lease signing.
    Hey tbenson81. Honda Finance's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 TSX with navigation are .00283 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for a 48 month lease of this car with only 12,000 miles per year should be .00283 and 50%. The aforementioned money factors assume that you qualify for Honda Finance's "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi again, vballny23. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Honda Finance's current buy rate for this car. The dealer invoice price for a 2006 Acura TSX without navigation is $26,051. The price that you were quoted is $1,000 over invoice. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for this car right now, but I would shoot for $500 over invoice and see what happens. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition and were able to get down to $1,000 over without any negotiation you may be able to get there. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for this car lately: "Acura TSX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi canaanman. Wow, you drive 30,000 miles per year. That's a lot of miles. I probably wouldn't lease if I was in your situation. I personally would finance or pay cash for a car that gets good gas mileage and drive it into the ground. If you do decide that you want to lease a TSX through Honda Finance, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis because 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that it publishes residual values for. It is less expensive to purchase additional miles at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty. I'm not sure how much of a discount Honda Finance provides for miles purchased in advance though.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi rsimpson5. Acura is not currently providing any sort of lease support on the 2006 TSX. As a result, if you were to lease one through Honda Finance right now you would have to use its standard lease program. Its current buy rate standard lease money factor for 36 month leases is .00283 for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. This money factor would increase to the .00293 that you were quoted with a security deposit waiver.

As far as this car's price goes, the dealer invoice price for an '06 TSX with navigation and an automatic transmission is $27,872. As you can see, the selling price that you were quoted is very attractive. This deal looks good to me. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hecarahecara Member Posts: 45
    Hi Car_Man,
    I went to an Acura dealership in Texas yesterday and was quoted the following:
    $26,036 selling price
    $450 payment
    48 months, 12K miles per month
    No money down, I would have to make the first payment of $450
    I'm not sure of the residual or the money factor (I think it was .000438). I tried to call them before I sent the email, but no one answered.
    I need to know if I am getting a good deal or not. Please let me know if you need more information. I went by myself and of course they told me I was getting the deal of the century, but I need a second or third opinion.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)
  • deallover05deallover05 Member Posts: 4
    NewB here.
    I have compiled the following data based on my discussion with a dealer and several posts on this forum. I am going to ask for the following offer. Is this reasonable? I don't want to look way out of line here.

Acura TSX without Navi - Automatic
    MSRP: 28590
    Negotiated price: 25400
    Capitalized cost (by rolling TTL/fees into payments): 27700
    Residual: 0.62
    Money factor: 0.00275
    Down payment: 0
    Security fee: 250
    At lease signup: 1st payment + security deposit = 682.69
    Mileage: 15000/yr
    Term: 36 months

Payment comes out to : $432.69 including 8.25% sales tax.

Please advise me. I will really really appreciate it.
    This is a great forum. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks.
  • traveller809traveller809 Member Posts: 9
    :confuse:

Carman - Here's my info, how do I check that the monthly payment quoted is correct. NJ resident, 7% Tax.

2006 Acura TSX with Nav

Price = $28,700 (includes dest)
    money factor = .00283
    residual = 60%
    36 months, 12,000 miles
    down payment = $2,312

monthly payment = $441 includes 7% sales tax
  • gold6228gold6228 Member Posts: 4
    Carman et all,

About to start looking for a TSX with nav. Can you give me a spreadsheet where I can find out a payment? Also what should I start with as far as negotiations on a 2006 TSX Navi...0 down..36 month lease...15k miles...TTL included in payment??? :confuse:
  • kman12kman12 Member Posts: 6
    I'm close to completing a deal on leasing an '06 TSX, 6spd man., no nav. The dealer has offered to take over my prior lease (balloon with 2 mos remaining) on my '04 TSX, 6spd man, no nav). With $1100 up front my mo. pay would be $440 for 3 yr, 36K miles. They would throw in the mud guards for free if I pay for the door edge guards ($160). I live in NYS. Do you think this is a good deal. I got one other quote for $465.
    Hi hecara. This dealer probably tells everyone that visits their store that they are getting the "deal of the century." I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal is you provide me with this car's full MSRP. This number will show me how much of a discount you are being given on it and it will enable me to use Acura's actual lease program to estimate what its monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome deallover05. I;m glad that you enjoy this forum so much. I believe that the dealer invoice price of a 2006 Acura TSX with an automatic transmission but without navigation is currently around $26,106. You are offering around $700 below dealer invoice. This is a pretty aggressive price. I'm not sure if you will find any dealers that are willing to accept it. I guess that it depends upon how badly the dealers you visit want to unload their 2007 models. I suspect that you may have to pay a little more than this, but give it a shot and see what happens. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for this car lately: "Acura TSX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

I believe that the money factor that you mentioned in your post, .00275, is off. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing is .00283. This is as low as this car's money factor is going to get for a lease through Honda Finance.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi traveller809. If you provide me with this car's full MSRP
    (with the destination charge added in) I would be happy to estimate what your monthly payment should be for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi gold6228. The following article contains a detailed explanation on how to calculate lease payments: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. Edmunds.com also has a lease calculator on this site. Click here to check it out: Edmunds.com Lease Calculator.

As far as how much to pay for a TSX right now goes, I suspect that this late in the model year dealers that are in an area that has a lot of competition will be willing to sell their leftover '06 TSX models for fairly close to dealer invoice. Try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for their TSXs lately: "Acura TSX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi kman12. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • kt19kt19 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Acura is offering a lease special on the 2006 tsx w/o navi.

Details:

Monthly: 359
    Amount at sign up: 2199
    period: 36 months
    Residual value: 17,388.05
    MSRP: 28505
    Miles: 10,000
    (does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees)

Do standard specials like the one above mean no negotiations? Or can i negotiate? Also how much extra should i expect to pay for all the stuff mentioned in the parenthesis?

Thanks in advance
  • laf830laf830 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a lease price of 455 + tax a month on an Acura TSX with navi. No money down. Do you think thats good?
  • kman12kman12 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Car_man for your help. Here is the info you said I should get: selling price $27,500 MSRP 28560. The lease would be with Am Honda. They said that since I signed the agreement at the end of Aug, the lease price has gone up $40 but I'm locked in to the original $440/mo, 3yr, 12K a year. Start up cost would be $1084.83 which includes first mo (440, bank fee (595) tax (49.83) and $160 for mudguards-they'd throw in door edge guards. They had difficulty locating a car with manual trans. and my first color (light blue)choice but have found one with my second choice (silver). My '04 TSX balloon lease is actually up in Nov but they said they would buy the car and I could get out of it now which works for me. Do you think the numbers are fair? Is there any other info you need? The dealer is in Westchester County in NYS, I tried a dealer in NYC but they quoted a higher price and said they couldn't find a car anyway with my specs.
  • bedibedi Member Posts: 6
    Car Man,

Re: MF = "00283. This is as low as this car's money factor is going to get for a lease through Honda Finance."

My issue is that I can't reconcile MF = .00283 with the Honda Finance offer below. Please confirm the MF being used for the offer below.

Many Thanks.

FEATURED LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2006 TSX 5-Speed Automatic Transmission (Model CL9686JW) for $359.00 per month for 36 months with a $1,245.00 capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the AHFC super preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $2,199.00 total due at lease signing (includes first month's payment, AHFC upfront acquisition fee and capitalized cost reduction. Security deposit waived in featured lease example. Total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify.
  • bibzbibz Member Posts: 2
    I've been searching for about two months for a new car. I've been reading over the edmunds forums and the information here is priceless.

I am interested in leasing a `06 Acura TSX without Nav for 36 months. My local dealer is offering a lease price of $359+tax/$27,890(MSRP). They offered me the following:

$382 (tax included) a month for 36 months with 12k miles.
    $2000 down payment
    $1000 in fees, making it a total for $3000 due a signing.

They said this was an AMAZING deal. Well, I decided to play with some numbers and found out that that works out to be paying almost $31,890 for the car. They told me the residual is 60% - which is amazing. Here are the numbers I used and this is what I got:

MSRP: $27,890
    Adjusted Cap: $26,436 (about $1,000 over invoice)
    Money Down: $0
    Residual: 60%
    Money Factor: .00125/3%
    Tax:6%

This came out to be $343 a month and a total of $1000 due a signing (aqq fee+first month).

By the looks of their initial offer ($2k down, $382/mo) it seems as if Im paying the dealer $2000 upfront to just lease the car, then another $2000 profit over the course of 36 months.

IS it possible to get a lease for $343 with nothing down?
    Hi kt19. Acura is advertising a $359 per month lease on the 2006 TSX, but technically this is not a special. It is using its standard lease program, which isn't very good, to arrive at this payment. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were financing or paying cash for them. Most manufacturers' advertised lease payments leave a little meat on the bone, so to speak, in terms of vehicles' selling prices. I would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that the advertised TSX lease is based upon.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings laf830. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal. It would be a big help though if you provided me with its full MSRP and selling price first. These numbers will show me how much of a discount you are being given on your car and they will enable me to use Acura's actual lease program to calculate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're welcome, kman12. Thanks for getting the additional information. I believe that a base 2006 TSX has a dealer invoice price of $26,106. This means that the price that you were quoted for this car is around $1,400 over invoice. This isn't bad. Normally I would say that you might be able to beat this price by a little bit by shopping around, but the fact that this dealer had to locate a specific car for you at a different dealership and that they are helping you to get out of your current lease make this selling price fairly reasonable. Still, it wouldn't hurt to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Acura TSX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi bedi. Acura always uses its buy rate money factors to calculate vehicles' advertised lease payments. This means that the money factor that was used to calculate the advertised lease that you mentioned is Honda Finance's current buy rate standard lease money factor of .00283 (for Super Preferred Tier customers). This car's money factor would be .00010 higher if you opt to have its security deposit waived.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi bibz. Where did you get the .00125 money factor that you used in your calculations from? This is much lower than Honda Finance's current buy rate for the 2006 Acura TSX. This probably explains why the payment that you came up with is different than the one that you were quoted. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '06 TSX is .00283 for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • crubycruby Member Posts: 2
    I was just at the Acura Dealer in Wayne, NJ on Rt. 23 South this past Saturday.

They offered me the below 36-month 12K lease deal on a 2006 TSX with Navi.

$379.00 per month (36 months) (Includes Tax)
    $3000.00 down (Not including first months payment)

Gross Capitalized cost = $29,949.34
    MSRP = $30,505.00
    Residual Value = $17,997.95
    Depreciation & Amoratized Amount: $8,951.39
    Rent Charge: $4692.60
    Total of Base Payments: $13,643.99
    Total of Payments: $16,644.00

Is this a decent deal?
    I appreciate your response.
  • mlb11mlb11 Member Posts: 31
    car_man,

I used edmunds lease calculator to determine a lease payment for a 2006 TSX and came up over $50 per month off of the dealer. The dealer looked at the numbers and said the lease calculator was not calculating taxes correctly - how could this make the payment more than $50 a month off??? Here was what I was using and came up with:

MSRP: 28,505
    sale price: 26,106
    resdidual: 60%
    money factor: .00290
    cash downpayment: $2000
    assignment fee: 595
    license and tag: 143
    upfront tax: 7%
    36 months, 12k miles

I came up with $355 a month
    the dealer came up with $408 a month

How could these figures be so far apart just due to taxes??
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Are you in a state that taxes the entire purchase price of the car, even on a lease? Illinois, maybe?

That could easily add up to $50/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx - yep I'm in Illinois! Does anyone know if this is a new regulation for Illinois?
    kydfx - I thought the Edmunds lease calculator includes the entire purchase price of the car in taxes though....this is taken from edmunds lease calculator sales tax:

Sales Tax
    The state sales taxes levied on the Vehicle Sales Price. Edmunds pre-populates this field based on your state, if you have entered a ZIP code.

I entered my zip, so I'm assuming edmunds calculated this correctly?

Thanks again for your help!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Illinois does tax the entire purchase price.. Texas does this also.

I'm not sure how the Edmunds lease calculator accounts for taxes, though I'm guessing it just applies the tax percentage to the payments. Illinois' tax treatment of leases is unusual, and I doubt the calculator accounts for it.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• crubycruby Member Posts: 2
    I was just at the Acura Dealer in Wayne, NJ on Rt. 23 South this past Saturday.

They offered me the below 36-month 12K lease deal on a 2006 TSX with Navi.

$379.00 per month (36 months) (Includes Tax)
    $3000.00 down (Not including first months payment)

Gross Capitalized cost = $29,949.34
    MSRP = $30,505.00
    Residual Value = $17,997.95
    Depreciation & Amoratized Amount: $8,951.39
    Rent Charge: $4692.60
    Total of Base Payments: $13,643.99
    Total of Payments: $16,644.00

Is this a decent deal?
    I appreciate your response.
  • bs0bs0 Member Posts: 27
    Hi,

I gather leasing in IL is not good (i have not leased a car in this country before) due to the sales tax. If i live in IL, can i lease a car from a dealership in Wisconsin and save some $$? Is it worth it on a mid 20's car like an acura tsx or civic si sedan?

thanks.
    OK, so i can get:
    tsx (MT, no nav)
    - msrp 28560 - according to dealers web site
    - negotiated price - $26351
    - residual - 60%
    - money factor - 0.00290
    - miles - 12000
    - term - 36 mths
    - acquisition - 595
    - security - 425
    - total down (out the door cost) - $2000

giving $409.75 monthly payment. is this good?

thanks.
    If a dealer says 60% residual is that 60% of the msrp or 60% of the price u negotiate??
    bs0,

I've been dealing with Chicago dealers on a TSX over the past week and one of them quoted me via email $26100 for a TSX auto w/o navi on a 36 month, 12k a year lease with all of the other items you mention, including the same money factor. They did this without hesitation; therefore, you may be able to get your negotiated price down. I have seen prices now fairly consistently below $26k and even one at $25,300 (although this was from someone in CA where it seems prices are always lower on TSXs).

I also heard that Acura may be preparing to lower the money factor on '06s once the '07s start showing up in order to clear more of them out. This is rumored to possibly take effect in a week or two.

Also, on residual it is the residual on the MSRP and not negotiated price.
    mlb11 - thanks a lot, i will push the price a bit more....is the edmunds calculator acurate with the IL tax situation - just trying to figure out if the $409 is right without any other 'stuff' in it!
    bs0,

The edmunds lease calculator does not work for calculating IL tax. I checked this by having one of the dealers fax me their worksheet. What you need to do is calculate the tax first and add it. I now use a slightly simpler calculator found here:

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

I then calculate my tax seperately and then add on the aquisition fee ($595) and put the final value in "costs added to lease". Your cap cost reduction is then your downpayment. One other item to remember is that usually your first month's payment and IL tags ($143) will come out of your downpayment - so figure on taking $450 to $550 off your downpayment first, then put the remainder into the cap cost reduction. This should get you very close to the $409. Once you are close, you can then play around with different numbers and see how good a deal you can get.

Good luck! I'm going to hold out a little longer and see if these money factors drop....
    thanks mlb11 - i will have to 'fiddle' with the xls i created and see what i can get - i really don't care too much about $5 or $10 here and there...it's only an issue if they are trying to really stick it to me with $50 to $100 /month or something!!

So - do u or anyone have any inside info on the '06's? I have a manual, charcoal that i have my eyes on but 2 different dealers seem to each have 1 so maybe i can afford to wait if u think the MF or prices are going to drop within the next month max.
    I wish I had more info. I was actually going to go to the dealers again this week, but I read that off of the tsx.acurazine.com forums. It apparently came from one of the dealers. It makes sense to me since acura ran a 24 month lease special on the TL earlier this year with a money factor of .00136 - now that would be more like it!

I'm in the same boat with you also - I like red in the TSX and there are currently 5 of them. This is a bit of a risk to wait, but I think I'll roll the dice. Since there are 2 in your case, I wold probably be more pressured to head out and see what they can do....also remember, the end of the month is fast approaching. That should give you more negotiation leverage as well. If you do decide to buy, please post back and let us know how it went. If I hear more on the change in money factor, I'll post it here.