Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• Hello tyler143. Here's the info that you're looking for. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Acura TSX with 15,000 miles per year are .00270 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. You definitely do not want to lease this car for 24 months. Honda Finance's 2 year program for it is terrible.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Here you go, mycle. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Acura TSX with 12,000 miles per year are .00270 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi civhybrid07. You definitely do not want to lease an '09 TSX for only 24 months. Honda Finance's 24 month money factor for it is terrible right now, .00370. You would be much better off going with a 36 month lease (which I described in my previous post).

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi,
    I am a new member and planning to lease my first car.
    I got quote to have your opinions. Are those numbers OK to think that offer seriously?
    MF was .00270. Mine is .00280. How does it change the monthly payments?

It is 09 TSX base manuel for 36 months with 12K
    Selling price = $29,720 including Destination Fee
    Money factor = .00280
    Residual = $19,318
    $0 capitalized cost reduction

Down payment consists of the following:
    1st payment = $425
    Acquisition fee = $595
    Motor vehicle fee = $150
    NYS inspection = $10
    Document fee = $45
    Tax at 8% = $1,287.70

Thank you.
  • I am interested in a 2009 TSX. Never leased before but interested in this option. We were given a 36 month, 0 down, 12,000 miles lease fo 447. or purchase the car at 27900. Is this a good lease? What should I know about leasing?
  • Is this a good deal? I have never leased before and the sales guy didnt email me all the info.
    09 TSX with tech package 6spd
    36mo,12k miles, $2k down, $424.09+tax
  • I am getting ready to turn in my 2005 Acura TSX as it is near the end of the 48 month lease period, current lease payment is $349.00 per month including tax. I went to the dealer and spoke with a new salesperson (previous sales person retired) to obtain prices on a 2009 TSX basic package and this is what they gave me: $479/month- 15,000 miles, $469/month - 12,000 miles and $459/month - 10,000 miles with $1500 down. I feel like I am being ripped off .. if anyone has any thought/suggestions on this, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jackie O
  • For an 09 TSX without the Technology package, those figures seem high. Try to get the sale price of the car and negotiate on that. With a sale price slightly above invoice, but below MSRP, you should see monthly prices in the high 300's without cap cost reduction. But you won't be able to tell unless you get their selling price. Hope this helps.
  • Here's a quote from Power Acura in So Bay, Cali, is this good? I'm really new to this:
    2009 TSX TECH (W/Navigation).

1. MSRP = $32,820.00
    2. Lease Price = $30,879.00
    3. Residual Value % @ 62% or $20,348.40
    4. Lease Term - 36 mths
    5. Yearly Miles - 12,000 miles/yr
    6. Customer Cash down = $2,500.00
    7. Monthly Lease Payment Including Tax = $439.67
  • I took the advice from this forum and I'm pleased with this deal I got in Westchester, New York today:

15,000 miles and 42 months
    MF = .00255 = 6.12%
    Residual = 60% = 17,832
    MSRP (inc. destination) = 29,720
    Invoice Price (inc. destination) = 27,398
    Sales Price ($170 above invoice) = 27,568
    Cap Cost (Sales price + Bank Fee) = 28,163

Monthly Lease Payment = 363
    CT Tax (6%) = 22
    Total Monthly Payment = $385

Out the door I'm only paying the first month payment of $385 plus the motor vehicle fees of $137.
  • This is what I'm getting quoted for 09 tech package

$32,820 MSRP
    $30,224 invoice
    $31,000 selling
    36 month lease
    10K miles
    $3,500 down payment
    $399.83 including tax
    $20,701.80 Resid. value

$32,820 MSRP
    $30,224 invoice
    $31,000 selling
    36 month lease
    12K miles
    $3,800 down payment
    $399.49 including tax
    $20,373.20 Resid. value
  • drtraveldrtravel Posts: 395
    I know I'm a little early, but when the October lease rates are available, could you provide them? Looking for the base car, 15K per year for 36 and 48 months.

Thank you
  • I, too, would be interested in the October lease rates for 12K and 15K for 36 and 48 months. Thanks so much.
  • Thanks for the info. I'm going out this month to a few dealers to see what they quote. I was very disappointed in the dealership (Davis Acura) where my family has already leased 4 Acuras ... it was a new salesperson and he was just terrible but I really love the car!!
    What kind of Acquisition (or bank) Fee does Acura charge to get a lease? Do they have a Disposition Fee at the end of the lease? Did they list a Purchase Option Fee should you decide to purchase the car at the end of the lease?

Sorry about all the fee questions, but inquiring minds...
  • gforce11gforce11 Posts: 225
    Acura charges $595 for acq/bank fee and no disposition fee.
    Also includes $1500 damage waiver ($500 per incident) and GAP coverage is included. I don't believe there is a purchase option fee.

G
    Acura charges $595 for acq/bank fee and no disposition fee.

Thanks for this - some dealers mark up the acq/bank fee - so it's nice to know what it is before hand. BMW dealers are famous for marking their acq fee up $200 and many people don't seem to know that MB charges a hefty end-of the lease fee.
  • Welcome atuncer. One possible explanation for why the money factor that you were quoted is slightly higher than the one that you have seen mentioned here is Honda Finance's security deposit waiver program. Honda Finance will waive its security deposit requirement on leased vehicles in exchange for a money factor increase of .00010.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi redrobin1. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the two most important numbers to know when leasing are your car's selling price and the money factor that the dealer is using to calculate its monthly payment. I see that you already know what the dealer is charging for this car. That's a great start. Let's take a look at it. The dealer invoice price for a 2009 Acura TSX with an automatic transmission but without the Technology package is $27,399. So it appears as though the selling price that you were quoted is $500 over invoice, which is very good.

Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor of .00270 (for "Super Preferred" tier customers who pay a security deposit at lease signing) and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host