Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Unless you get the details of those records you can't tell what they are. Most of the time they are meaningless issues - like delivered from port or some other clerical issue. CarFax has lots of records like that - it all depends on the state and how much stuff gets reported.
  • laker7laker7 Posts: 4
    So the acura deal that is publicized is $360 with zero down (although I think there still is tax, title, etc.)....is this the best deal possible, or is there room to negotiate with a dealer. I have never leased a car before, so don't know if there is wiggle room like there is when buying a car (i.e. dealer holdback, markup, etc.). If I am not in a rush, and there are multiple dealers in my area, what should I be trying to get. Looking to get a TSX Base Model lease.
  • pnpn78pnpn78 Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    TSX v4 base auto lease for 36 mo/10k per year
    330/mo + 9% tax ($360 total monthly)
    $215 due at signing (Title, tags etc)

Is this a good deal? Looks pretty good to me. Will not know all details until I go in to the dealership but assume this is based on a low selling price. What do I need to watch out for?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, paul184. The easiest way for me to evaluate this deal is to look at the MSRP and selling price that it is based upon. Do you have these numbers? If so, let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi BOB. Theoretically a dealer can lease you a vehicle using any bank that they want. Leases through independent banks are usually worse than leases through captive finance companies because they aren't eligible for the lease support that is a available and independent banks tend to be more conservative on their residual values than captive finance companies are.

Honda Finance is always very lenient when evaluating vehicles at lease-end. I personally would be hesitant to give up the damage waiver to go with an unknown independent bank for a couple of bucks per month.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem Nircdoc. Here's the information that you're looking for. Acura Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TSX Tech 4-cylinder with 12,000 miles per year are .00161 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 TSX Tech V6 are .00143 and 57%.

If you choose to go with the sign and drive promotion that Acura is running right now, which you definitely should, these cars' factors drop by .00010.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, scmr2. Acura Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TSX Tech 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

If you opt to go with a sign and drive lease that requires no money at lease signing (I definitely would), this car's factor drops slightly to .00151.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings laker7. Manufacturers' official advertised payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who comparison shop are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices for the vehicle that they want than the ones that were used to arrive at the advertised payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • atenczaratenczar Posts: 2
    hi,
    looking at leasing a 2010 Acura TSX 4cyl w/ tech package. After visiting acura dealer and talking to salesmen for a while the final quote i got down to was:

36mo.
    12k miles per year
    $399 per mo. (taxes included)
    0 down on lease.

This is the first time I am leasing a vehicle and the dealer told me that there are fees (taxes, title, doc, etc...) that still need to be paid at lease signing. The fees he quoted me are ~$1,500. Does this sound right? Do you think the lease seems fair? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    MSRP: 30,120
    Sale price: 27,457
    Cap Cost: 28,052
    MF: .00151
    Residual: 18,674
    Total Due OTD: $214 (PA title, registration, doc)

Dealer paid first mo payment
    Monthly payment: $360 including taxes (330+30 tax) x 35 months

Did I do ok? Thanks to everyone on this board for all of your help.
  • mab45mab45 Posts: 1
    Hey #1651... looks great to me!

My wife and I are looking to get this on lease, and I'd be very happy with your deal. How did you negotiate it? Did you have to play hard ball? Thanks in advance, your advice will REALLY help!
    Mike
  • atenczaratenczar Posts: 2
    My exact negotiation experience: Went to dealer on Saturday, March 27th and test drove tsx, 4cyl, w/ tech package. (my wife previously visited this dealer and liked the vehicle). I test drove it and talked to the dealer after. he came back with $441 a month for 10k miles w/ $1800 due. (fees, 1st mo. payment). I told him we had to work on the cap cost, residual, and the $1800 up front. I also asked him for a quote w/ 10k and 12k. The second sales guy (the closer) came over and said that the residual number couldn't be negotiated because it comes directly from acuralease. I said: "Then I guess we are down to two talking points", asked for their cards and proceeded to leave (i really did have to be somewhere). He then came back w/ $389 per month (tax included) for 10k and $399 per month (tax included) for 12k. The fees also changed to $1441. They really wanted to get this done by the 31st because lease deals can change from month to month. I told them that I really did have to leave and if they would hold this deal until the end of the month. They called us at home on the status of the situation on Tuesday the 30th. My wife told them that she would come back down if more could be done to get us in this car. They said yes, so she went. Final deal (after my initial posting on this site):

Lease per month: $367
    Tax (ma. sales @ 6.25%): $23
    Total per month: $390
    Milage: 12k
    Term: 36 months
    Cap cost reduction: $0

Fees due at signing broken out:
    Aquisition fee: $595
    Tax on Aquisition fee: $37
    Doc fee: $269
    Title and Registration: $150
    1st mo's payment: 390
    TOTAL: $1,441

If you need cap cost and residual I can get them for you. I am currently at work and don't have all the info in front of me. I believe the money factor is .00161 (which works out to 3.87%).

I hope this helps.
    Lots of negotiation with four different dealers (and research on this and other sites). Finally found a sales associate that I trusted and he made it happen. Funny how two of the other dealers could suddenly match or beat his offer after I had it in writing..... BTW, so far we love the car.
  • stevosstevos Posts: 4
    Hey, great board, new poster, but have been reading for years. was wondering if Carman could post the April MF and Residual for both the TSX Base and TSX tech for 10k and 12k miles. Thanks in advance, looking to lease a TSX this month.
  • vrooooomvrooooom Posts: 3
    Hello atenczar. Thanks for the info. I am looking at a substantially similar car as the one you described above (4cyl with tech package). Not sure where you live but I live in MA and went to my local dealer on Friday to negotiate a lease on a new TSX. Not sure if this is a special Easter deal but I settled on $359 per month, 15K miles, 36 months, and no acquisition fee. If you didn't get the car yet you may want to try to re-negotiate. Good luck. Hope this helps.
  • scmr2scmr2 Posts: 2
    That sounds like a really good deal. Can you post details of your lease?
    atenczar, sorry to keep bothering you but I thought you might benefit from an update of my negotiation. The dealer called me back last night (I take delivery today). They were willing to drop my lease payment to $347 (including taxes), and only charge me title and registration when I pick it up. The catch was that I had to take a silver one that they had on the lot. I'm not psyched about because I wanted a black one but I guess they have a ton of silver and white ones that they are trying to get rid of. Good luck. Vroooom.
    Thanks stevos. I'm glad that you enjoy this discussion so much. Here's the information that you're looking for. Honda Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura TSX Base with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 TSX 4-cylinder Tech are .00161 and 58%.

The residual values for leases with only 10,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $750 dealer cash incentive that Acura is providing on 4-cylinder TSX base models and $1,000 on 4-cylinder TSX Tech models.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Carman, really appreciate it.
    atenczar, wanted to make sure that I closed off our discussion. I picked up my car this week and it is AWESOME!!! I'm going to be driving it all weekend. If you aren't busy, it might be fun to get together and compare our cars. Just a thought...no big deal if you are too busy. Vroooom
  • acegott1acegott1 Posts: 3
    I am about to lease a TSX and wanted to know what the best approach would be

http://newspaperads.miami.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=522787&adid=9136171

That is the add they are currently running. It is 0 down sign and drive no first payment. They have it listed at 359 for the base model with only the registration and other fees. I would like to spend around 300 a month and i am willing to put about 2000 down. Any suggestions? would it be possible to get the tsx with the nav for around that price.
  • mach2010mach2010 Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a 2010 tsx non-tech with the special lease with $0 down.

My question, how does the acquisition fee come into play? Are dealers waiving this? As I'm getting quotes online from dealers, is this included?

I just don't want any surprises when purchasing the car, as I know I'll have to pay registration fees and doc fees.

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,571
    edited April 2010
    The acquisition fee is included in the payment... No security deposit.. 10K mi./yr.

Vehicle registration and taxes on top of the payment...that should be it..

From March 2, 2010 through May 3, 2010, to approved lessees by Acura Financial Services. Closed end lease for 2010 TSX 5 Speed Automatic (Model CU2F6AJW), for well qualified lessees. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $30,120.00 (includes destination). Net capitalized cost $29,040.63. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Taxes, license, title fees, options and insurance extra.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

I just received a quote and wanted to know if it was a good deal

TSX base for 1500 out of pocket total for 290 a month?

Thank you
  • technicatechnica Posts: 4
    That's phenomenal compared to the offers I have gotten here in NY. If anybody is close to NJ/PA and getting deals like please let me know. I am ready pick up a TSX, with or with tech package in the next 5 days.
    Hi, what state are you located in, and did the $290 include tax and was there any capital cost reduction in the 1500, its seems like a great deal to me if the $1500 did not include any capital cost reduction.
  • technicatechnica Posts: 4
    Thanks Paul. I will call tomorrow.
    I am located in florida. I told them that I was only willing to put down 1500 including all fees and taxes. I am going to sign the lease this weekend and I will let you know the exact details.
  • sanman1sanman1 Posts: 69
    That must be for 10k mi allowance a year. I can't see putting that much money down on a lease even if the payment is $300 a month. You should be able to walk away from a lease deal with nothing to very little down, especially if you are a repeate lessee. I'm trying to work out a deal for a base 4 TSX. I'm getting a price of 27,600 here in Central Florida. I currently have an 07 TSX lease with two payements left and they were talking about making my last but I know how they try to roll it into the next lease. Also, they will not payoff the car and take it in as a trade as the payoff is about $1,000 negative from trade value. They quoted me a deal of $400 down and $358 a month plus tax. 15k mi a year allowance. I'm thinking I would be better off making my last two payments and getting a lease end inspection done as Acura Finance is quite lenient with their lease end damage waivers. Any opinion on that? Carman, do you think the dealer can truly take it in as a trade and payoff my car lease and still make a profit doing so if they put it on their lot? My car is in pretty good condition with 45k miles on it and with navi.
    I also got a few othe quotes from some other dealers thoughout Florida and wow some are really high priced leases. Well over $400 a month for a base model. Crazy!

Thanks!
    I'm in Florida, please let me know the details, sounds like a phenomenal deal, and I would definitely be interested in giving that dealer my business. I'm located in South Florida. Thanks!