Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• Hello,
    My lease on my 2008 TSX is expiring in a month, so, having enjoyed the car I recently went back to my local Acura dealer in Miami to obtain an offer on a new lease on a 2010 TSX 4 cylinder without navigation. The offer provided was as follows:

Cap cost: $28,436.00
    Money factor: .00039
    Residual: $17,196.00
    Terms: 36 months/10K miles/year
    Monthly payment: $340/month (tax included (7% in Florida))
    Up front fees: I must pay $1,250.00 up front
    Extra: The dealer with pay my first month of my lease

I am also entitled to a rollover of 15K miles from my old lease.

After reading several posts I believe I will be required to pay too much. Perhaps, my cap cost is too high and I should not be paying so much up front ($1,250) on tax, title, etc.

How should I counter the offer? Should I demand they reduce the cap cost by upwards of $1,000.00? Does anyone know the invoice price on a 2010 TSX 4 cyllinder without navigation? Any suggestions and constructive responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks for your attention and time to this query.
  • Your MF (http://www.edmunds.com/acura/tsx/2010/car-incentives.html?style=101174002

Using one of the car buying services (USAA, consumer reports), a 2010 4 cyl automatic NON-tech TSX for $26719. Same specs WITH tech is listed at $29312. Both of these figures include the mfr to dealer $. But this is for Car ONLY..does not include any taxes/fees/other money rolled into capital costs.

And FWIW, there are still quite a few 2010 tsx's around...check other acura dealer's web page inventory and casually mention it to your dealer if they tow a firm line.

Hope this helps..good luck and let us know how you do!
  • Thanks for your help. I will let you know the final numbers.
  • I've been offered the following on 2010 Base in MA:

Cap cost including all fees: 27504.42
    36 @ 15k Per year
    54% Residual - 16291.80
    Ma Tax 6.25%
    Zero money out of Pocket
    $353.73 per month including tax

Good deal?
  • Hi Car_man,

Do you have the Jan. money factor and residual value info for the base TSX Sportwagon at 36 months and 10,000 miles per year?

Thanks!
  • I just executed the following deal on a 2010 TSX without tech:

Term: 36 months
    Miles allowed: 10K per year but the dealer transferred 15K extra miles from my old lease onto this one as per Acura's policy on re-leases

Total Cash down: $500.00 for tax, title, etc., including first month's payment
    Monthly payment: $305.00/month without tax
    The dealer also threw in free oil changes and tire rotations for the life of the lease.

This took place in Miami, Florida
  • I pay 5 dollars more per month and I have the tech package.
  • I sure do adfreak. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX Sportwagen with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Carman,

A dealer sent me an email saying the rates on a 2011 TSX Tech are now .00140 Could you confirm this? I have had some difficulty getting accurate info from this particular dealership.

thanks
  • Sure enough, hockeyguy1721. Apparently Acura just made an unexpected enhancement to its January programs. I'll make some calls to see what I can find out about the new programs. Stay tuned.

Car_man
    Host
  • kingsixkingsix Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    car man I am also hanging in there here is my quote, seems off:

2010 ACURA TSX with tech 4 cyl

Sell: 28,500
    Acq: 595
    MF: .00049 Seems high?
    Residual: 17633
  • 10sfan10sfan Posts: 136
    Does not look like they included an acquisition fee of $595.00??? So it appears to be a great lease rate plus the roll over miles from the prior lease term
  • Car_Man, regarding the Acura 'enhancements'...
    Could you post any chages to MF, Residual and/or cash incentives for a 2010 TSX Base @15k, 12k for 36mo?

YOU THE MAN! Thanks
  • jv1027jv1027 Posts: 2
    I've been shopping around and I was just offered 35 payments of $340/month including taxes on the 2010 base TSX, $300 first payment to cover tag transfer, 10k miles per year. Is this is a good deal? I had a trade in for which Car Max only offered me $6500 and they'll take it at $8,300 (I owe $8700). For some reason, I still don't feel that I got the best out of this since it is a 2010. Any opinions? Should I keep looking, or should I simply be content that they covered most of my balance on my trade in?
  • hockeyguy1721hockeyguy1721 Posts: 10
    edited January 2011
    Is the $595 acquistion fee standard on a 2011 lease? I am at a selling price of $31359 plus taxes and tags on a 2011 TSX tech.
  • Find out how much they are actually selling you the leased car for. Even though you are getting a lease, there is still a sales price. Then compare that price to what truecar.com says. Your trade-in makes things more difficult and you won't get the lowest price possible on the lease.
  • Does the $31359 include the acquisition fee? I am assuming it doesn't. $31359 seems high based on what truecar.com is saying.
    Yes, an acquisition fee of $595 is standard, no way around that. That fee is set by Honda Financial.
  • Car_Man:

Any word on Acura's February lease deals? I'm specifically looking to see if the dealer/cusomer cash incentives on the 2010 TSX Base will increase and if the MF/Residual changes.

Thank you!
  • ketytketyt Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I am looking for a 36m 30k miles (or 36k miles) on a 2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon (base). What are the current residuals and money factors? Any idea on MSRP discounts?

Anybody lease one recently? I got a quote for around $380/m and around $450 down (payment includes 6.5% tax and all fees). Any thoughts?

Thanks!
  • I got a quote of 400 (incl Tax) Per month and 2600 down payment 10K miles. Can someone comment if this is a good deal?

Thanks
  • Hi all! Been offered a 2011 TSX w/Tech (I4) lease, 15K miles per year, 2,000 down for $360.00/Mo which includes taxes OTD.

Good deal?

Thanks!!!
    :)
  • No, don't look like a good deal.
    You need to find out what the sales price of the car is. Even though you are getting a lease, you need to get the sales price. Then compare that sales price to what truecar.com shows.
  • Thanks for the tips. So I ended up with this

24 months lease
    380 Per Month ( after tax)
    2500 Down

Selling price is 29900.which is 200 more than what truecar.com says.

Thanks
  • ohh_henryohh_henry Posts: 4
    edited February 2011
    Hi!

I'm looking at a lease on a 2011 base tsx (non tech).

36 months/12k miles
    money factor of .00130
    $377 month (including tax)
    0 down, 0 fees, dealer pays first month

Thoughts on how this looks would be much appreciated!

Thanks
  • Helixtimestwo, Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 TSX with 15,000 miles per year are .00049 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

There's also a $1,250 dealer cash incentive on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi ketyt. Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 TSX Sport Wagon with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • are residual and money factor different for 2011 TSX than they are for 2011 TSX Wagon? If so, specifically interested in numbers for 2011 TSX (non wagon) w/ Tech package for both 4 cyl and V6 engine. Thx!
  • gbeergbeer Posts: 5
    I was shopping for a new Honda Accord to replace my 2008 wihich I am leasing for $250/ month + tax. I can get a new Accord with leather for $260/ mo + tax. I saw the Acura lease offers: 2011 TSX lease for $310/ mo + tax. 0 down so I thought it may be worth it over an Accord.

This sounded good, so I let some edmunds dealers call me. I told them I would take the 2010. I was told there were none around. I then asked how about a 2011 for the same price, but I also wanted them to make the last 2 payments on my 2008 Honda Accord.

One dealer did not call me back but I went and saw the other one and drove the TSX. It was nice and certainly better than an Accord. This morning he said he could do the deal. $310/ month + tax $829 drive off and they would give me a check for $279 x 2 = $558. He said the price was $1,423 below invoice.
    I told him I would do it.
    How does this sound?
  • In VA looking to lease a 2010 TSX w/ Tech. I spoke to the dealership yesterday and they offered me a 3 yr / 30 K with $ 0 down, tax, tile, and fees rolled into a payment of $ 386 a month. Does this sound high? The non Tech is $ 320 plus tax, title, and fees. Is the Nav & tax, tile, and fees justify the extra $ 66? How much room is there for negotiation?