Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi jacklivesay. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX Wagon with .00092 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super PReferred" credit tier.

I don't believe that Acura is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome tobe575.

Car_man
    Host
  • I recently leased a 2011 TSX and signed a closed end lease agreement. I was happy with the sale but did not receive a copy of the agreement. They said they would send it through the mail. I live in PA and was wondering if they must give you a copy of the agreement when you sign it?
  • delta737hdelta737h Posts: 603
    Strictly speaking, I don't know that they must give you a copy when you sign. However, it's just good business practice to ask and for them to give you a copy of the agreement to which you're legally entitled.

John
    The AutoLeaseGeek
  • scericsceric Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    Hello everyone,

I'm totally new to this. I'm qualified for the college program 36 month leasing offer:
    $0 down payment, $360/month for 35 months, 10k miles/year, the net capitalized cost is $30,410.94 including a $595 acquisition fee. the residual is $18,906.9. Based on the info, my calculation indicate that the residual rate is 62.7%, and money factor is .00083.

The state that I reside in levies a $300 sale tax plus vehicle property tax which varies by years. But, confirmed with the county treasure office that leasing car is treated as buying a new car and full sale price will be applied for tax purpose.

I'm totally new to leasing car business. Please help me take a look. I need to make a decision pretty soon as I'll be crazy busy with the new job soon. Thank you!
  • Compare the sales price of the car to what truecar.com shows for your area. Aim for the lowest price truecar shows.
  • I am considering leasing the base TSX with the $299/mo. $2499 due at signing special.

Seems like a good deal to me as is. Do I even have a shot to try to negotiate this lease down even further? I know "dealer contribution may vary" and that tax, motor vehicle and other fees are extra. All things being equal, could I walk in there and offer to pay $275 a month and have them take me seriously? Or can I negotiate to increase the dealer contribution to include these extra fees?

I also have a trade in that I can get about $5k for. I assume that the trade in value will be a cap cost reduction used to determine the net cap cost and mohtly payment.

Any insight on this is appreciated.
  • scericsceric Posts: 2
    That was exactly what I felt. But, after negotiation, I ended up with paying $340/month for 35 months with zero down.
  • Nice deal. I broke it down and you are right. Looks good on paper but then when you break it down, you are overpaying on the MSRP. The 299 doesn't include taxes and DMV fees, either. So the actual payment works out to about 320/mo.

I assume you negotiated the MSRP down. What did you get it down to? $29,000?
  • pimlipimli Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am trying to lease a 2011 TSX. The dealer gave me a price of $32600, with $430(without tax) for monthly lease. I asked for a 12000 miles. He said it is $12 more than the 10000 mile price.
    The residual value, he gave me $19500. residual also looks too high.

What is a good price on this?
  • I just turned in my 2009 TSX 4cyl base 6 months early and signed a new lease for a 2011 TSX 4cyl Tech. It isn't unusual to get out of a lease early if the dealer can buy out the older car from the leasing company and resell it for profit. Basically, they will appraise your current car, then compare the appraisal to the lease buyout cost. In my case, they offered me a great deal on the 2011 tech model plus the $750 loyalty incentive.
  • pimlipimli Posts: 2
    I am looking to lease a TSX too with Tech package. Just wanted to know, how much did they quote you?
  • check truecar.com for the going sales price in your area.
    A higher residual is actually good. The higher the residual the lower the payments. But the residual % is set by Honda Financial.
  • They quoted me $31355. Monthly payment is $389 a month no money down.
  • Hi carman,

Would you mind providing current money factors and residuals on TSX sedan and TSX sportwagon? This would be in the southeast.

Thanks!
  • I'm a recent college grad and new to car leasing. I went to my local Acura dealer in Miami and was able to negotiate a deal for $2000 down, $380/month for a black on black 2011 TSX with the tech package. I was wondering if this is a good deal. I put a small fully refundable deposit on the car to hold it while I consider the deal. Is this a good deal? Any help at all will be extremely appreciated!!
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 194
    My advice is not to put any money down on the vehicle. If you are leasing, it is usually best not to put any money down. Keep the $2,000 in the bank, better to have it available. If you find you are strapped to make the additional monthly payment, you can always use the $2,000 to cover the payment. Most likely you will find, especially as time goes on, you have no problem with a higher payment and you will be happy you have the $2,000 at your disposal. Also, not sure about your situation, but a person does not have to pay MSRP for a lease. Check out True Car and Edmunds TMV and see (should be no problem) if you can negotiate a discount from MSRP based on those numbers. My daughter is an a similar situation as you. I advised her to remember she, as the consumer, is in the driver's seat in this economy. The dealer must please you to sell/lease the vehicle. She got a deal from a dealer. After speaking to me, she returned to the dealer and got $1,500 off the selling price plus an additonal $1,500 for her trade. A little knowledge about the car sellling industry and a bit of confidence when dealing with the sales staff goes a long way. Good luck.
  • I received a quote for a 2011 TSX with Tech of $2K down and $339 a month. All taxes and fees are included. The selling price of the vehicle is $28800.
  • Hi dickharris. Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX Sedan 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are .00057 and interestingly 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 TSX Sportwagon are .00057 and 59%.

When negotiating your lease on these vehicles, make sure to take advantage of the $500 dealer cash that is currently available on them.

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome dmullane. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you tell us what this car's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello Car_man

Can you please provide me with the buy rate and the residual value for a 2011 TSX 4 cylinder with Tech? 12K miles and 36 months. Thanks you.
  • 1.- I crunched the same numbers with edmunds http://www.edmunds.com/car-loan/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html and http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm and they were 30.00 apart on the monthly payments. What is the calculator that would be most similar to one that the dealer uses.
    2.-I'm looking to lease a 2011 TSX base model eiht the0/0/0/ deal at 350.00 for 35 months. What is a realistic deal to get that number lower especially with the 500.00 factory to dealer incentive.
    Thanks,
  • my bad; made a mistake, both calcs were equal
  • kencpokencpo Posts: 6
    edited September 2011
    Just leased a 2011 TSX base-no nav- zero out of pocket except DMV fees

10k/year
    36 months
    309/month plus tax
    Dealer used 500.00 factory to dealer cash and car must be delivered by Sep. 30
    In Feb, I had bought a certified 2008 base tsx-no nav- and am loving it. I was looking at buying a 2nd certified pre owned for my wife,but they are relatively expensive and the value seems to be in the new cars.
  • Hi, Car_man. I'm interested in leasing a 2011 TSX base Sportwagon and would like to know the September money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. Also, are there any incentives available other than the $500 dealer cash?

Thanks!
  • Could I get the MF and RV on a 2011 TSX v6, no nav, on 36 mo, 10k, and also on 36 mo, 12k? TIA.
  • I certainly can, mrgiella. Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 TSX 4-cylinder with Tech and 12,000 miles per year are .00057 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, infoseeker8. Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2011 TSX Sportwagon with 12,000 miles per year are .00057 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

As you mentioned, there's $500 dealer cash on this car. Acura is providing dealers with some $250 certificates on top of that that they can use on deals if they choose to.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go marys236. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 TSX V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00057 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey all, I am in the market to lease a 2011 TSX Base and we have negotiated all the terms, but I had a quick question on the fees associated with Florida. I have recently located from Illinois, so any insight would be a great help. Below are the itemized fees that were added to our negotiated price:

Acquisition = $595 (I understand that's non-negotiable)
    Tag = $225
    Battery/Tire Disposal = $145

I just want to ensure these are reasonable fees. Please let me know what you think... Any advisement is appreciated as I have written proposal with the dealer.

Thanks!