Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A3 Lease Questions

Comments

• It was in the Sacramento Bee on 2/21 or 2/13. And I'm also trying to find out the MF and residuals.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi amitvisual. If you were to lease a base 2006 Audi A3 2.0T through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00300 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hi jccai1. If you were to lease a base 2006 Audi A3 2.0T through Audi Financial Services right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00300 and 67%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks, Car_man! I had to order the car to get exactly what I wanted, so I'll have to decide whether to lease or buy when it gets here in 2-3 months. The current MF is pretty bad, compared to the .00101 we just got on our new Passat.

Appreciate your help!
  • Probably taking possession next week on A3 w/ DSG, Sport pkg, Open Sky with Garnet red pearl paint. Getting the car for $29K. Being quoted 36 month term 12000 miles/year, money factor of 0.00305, and residual value of 52%. Putting down $2500 and monthly payments will be $421.15 plus tax. Comments?

I've been lurking for a very short while, and appreciate this forum alot - Thanks!1
  • I was recently quoted MF of .00285 and 54% residual for an identical A3 with 10k miles per year - sounds like your MF is being marked up a bit.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,918
    That might depend on when you were quoted that deal... I believe the numbers changed on March 1st.. At least it looks that way from Car_man's previous posts..

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• :) I love it I just purchased the Audi A3 2.0T Sport Pkg and not many people know what it is except for you GTI guys.
    Point and shoot.... I should have a camera facing me while I'm driving to catch that grin on my face.
    Auto with DSG this car has more than one personality,Its a mild quiet drive around town easy going tight and squeak free ride,Or its a raving mad man out to get ya.
    This car has quite the combinations working for it, Direct injection,Turbo,DSG shifting,Auto shifting,ESP control.sleek design,A total blast to drive.
    The biggest problem I have is finding a long enough race path to take it though its coarse.
    I also have an Acura TL 2005 which is my wife's car and I thought that car was the bomb but I have news for you.
    The Audi A3 handles better,More fun on the interstate,Very balanced and forgiving,..........OK I know the Acura is a different car ,A fine car I will add.But its not a hard core driving machine like the A3.
    The first thing you will want to do is purchase the best radar detector you can find.
    Second get the hot dogging out of your system because it will eat the gas.18 MPG
    If you drive normal and take it easy and behave you will be surprised how well it does on gas.30 MPG, BUT ITS HARD TO RESIST.
    You're very welcome, amitvisual. I'm sure that you will be anxiously marking the days until your new car arrives off on your calendar. I know that I would. Talk to you in a few months.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pinerivergal. I;m glad that you enjoy this forum so much. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 A3 is .00300. I would be happy give you my opinion of this deal, but in order for me to do so I really need to know this car's MSRP. It will enable me to see how much of a discount you are being given and to estimate what your car's lease payment should be using Audi's actual lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on your new car, wflasales!

Car_man
    Host
  • cvpacguycvpacguy Posts: 14
    I've driven the A3 with DSG and absolutely love it, but I got a quote from an auto broker today that just shocked me because it was so bad...I'm curious if you think this is what I should expect from a dealership. Also-- does anyone know if this pricing on the website is accurate in terms of options and such?

On a 2006 A3 2.0T DSG Lava Grey with Premium package with an MSRP of 29,415 (including dest. charge) he quoted me a MF of .00236 and a 48% residual! The lease payment he quoted ended up being something ridiculous like $570 a month, which is really discouraging considering I've got my heart set on this car.

Does anyone know if this is even remotely close to what I'd get at a dealership? Some friends of mine used this guy to get a deal on a Mercedes and recommended using him, but after this conversation I'm thinking I'll just contact the internet sales manager at the dealership. Thoughts?
  • andres3andres3 CAPosts: 5,284
    That is a bad lease deal, and all lease deals on A3's aren't very good.

Tell them to sell you the car (leased) at price of $28,000. They should be able to do that. That should lower the monthly fee. Also, putting more down initially helps.
    Hello cvpacguy. Audi Financial Services' lease program on the 2006 Audi A3 is not very attractive right now. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive, but if you were to lease a base 2006 A3 2.0T through AFS right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00300 and 50%, respectively.

In your post you mentioned this car's MSRP, but never said anything about its selling price. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Make sure to negotiate a decent discount on the A3 that you are considering before having a lease payment calculated on it. For feedback on how much you should pay for this car right now, make sure to stop by the following discussion: "Audi A3: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences".

Car_man
    Host
  • niasnias Posts: 4
    in Southern California....I'm into finance or lease....I'm still trying to figure out what's better in this car's case.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    The lease rates are pretty bad right now on the A3. You really need to buy the A3.

You can lease a 36k A4 2.0 Quattro cheaper than you can a 30K A3.
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Posts: 1,747
    Any theory or comments as to why the A3 lease rates are bad?

Is the A3 Sales volume too low for attractive lease packages from financial providers?
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    Maybe things will be different for 2007. 2006 was the 1st year for the A3 in the US. I doubt Audi was going to stick their neck out too far and put a very high residual on the A3 and cut the money rate factors down on a first year production vehicle.

Also, the high-ups at Audi claim their profit margins are quite small on the A3, and it's mostly a break-even car here in the US. It's designed to get people into the Audi brand at a reasonable price and turn them on the bigger and higher end Audis down the road.

It's tough to spiff a car with incentives when there's so little profit in the car to begin with.

But the demo cars and used A3's that have been coming through the manheim auctions and such have been going for pretty good money though, so it's a good sign that a fairly high resale value will give the A3 lower lease payments down the road.
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Posts: 1,747
    If the A3 is truly a "break-even" car, then the production cost must be hideous. Then again, VW and Audi have repeatedly commented how expensive their German factories are to run.

As for "bigger and higher end" Audis, that's not an option for me as I like hatchbacks, and Audi doesn't have one in a higher price bracket. But $40K for a small hatch is a lotta bucks.
  • Does anyone know the money factor and residual on '06 A3 S Line models for July? Any incentives? Finally, when are the '07s supposed to come out. Thanks in advance.