Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A3 Lease Questions

Comments

• cubcubcubcub Posts: 4
    Hi guys,

I'm coming to the end of my '04 Audi A4 lease. The cars been in two accidents and has been repaired, but nonetheless I am stressed about what awaits me at turn-in inspection.

I visited the dealership yesterday and they informed me that i had $5000 of wear and tear allowance built into my lease. Of course this was in context of me saying i was interested in getting into an A3. (Note, i lost my copy of the lease agreement in a house fire so I'm flying blind.)

A few questions:

1) Does the $5000 allowance sound legit? Or is this a ploy to get me into another audi.

2) Does anyone know what the MF, etc is on an A3 in Southern California is right now?

Thank you in advance,

Stressed
  • gforce11gforce11 Posts: 225
    5000 seems a tad high, my tsx has 1500...but here's the trick, each "ding", no matter how big or small counts for 500. which means, they let me get away with 3 "dings" that cost no more than 500 bucks to repair. pretty tricky, i would check with audi financial. when i turned in my a4 last year, i had probably one noticeable scratch on my rear bumper. I turned it in without an inspection and i wasn't billed by Audi, they just billed me for the disposition fee and thats it.
  • cubcubcubcub Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply. I checked and I do have $5000 in allowance. So I'm feeling a bit better. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.
  • jkenikjkenik Posts: 6
    msrp: $32,520
    selling price: $30,667 (dealer cost $30,907)
    Resid. value: 49% ($15,934)
    Buy rate: .000700
    Price Adjustment $949 (assuming this is to reduce the drive off)
    Drive off $479

10k/36m $442 + tax

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi jkenik. $300 under dealer invoice is an excellent selling price for a 2008 Audi A3. The money factor that you were quoted looks good as well. It is right in line with what Audi's April buy rate was in the states that it is running its special enhanced lease offer on this car in, assuming that you are having your car's security deposit waived.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • nbarornbaror Posts: 1
    Hi all, I just got a 2008 A3 2.0T Manual Trans with Premium Package, Open Sky and iPod. Black on Black.

MSRP: $29,555
    Final Negotiated Price: $27,281.00
    Monthly Payment for 3yrs / 15K miles: $399.99

Money down was 2,000
    Here's the breakdown for the down payment:
    Cap Cost Reduction: $730.25
    First monthly payment: $400
    Acquisition Fee: $575
    CA License Fee: $241
    Doc Fee: $45
    CA Tire Fee: $8.75

Purchased at Rusnak Audi, Pasadena, CA. A real pleasure to deal with. Their internet manager is patient, helpful and doesn't play games. He gave me the best price I'd seen on this vehicle with no negotiating.
  • manolo444manolo444 Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have been shopping around for an Audi A3, Manual, Premium Package and Open Sky - Lease 36 months/12K

The quotes I have been getting seem very hight to me: between $500 and $550.

What is the residual and money factore for such a car?

Is this due to the fact that they are trying to get rid of the 2008 A4 (the 1st answer i get from dealers when I inquired about the A3 is: "you should get an A4")???

Shoud I wait for July or August?

Thanks a lot for your help and advices.
    Emmanuel
  • billdctbilldct Posts: 24
    It appears that there are no specail A3 lease deals currently in Connecticut. Does anyone know which states there are deals in at the current time?. The prices posted by nbaror are great compared to what is around here. I have purchased/leased cars out of state previously and have no problem traveling to get a better deal.
    Hi billdct. Audi is currently only providing lease support on the A3 in about half of the country, specifically its "Southern" and "Western" regions. If you live in Connecticut you will not be able to take advantage of this regional lease support, even if you were to lease from a dealer in one of these areas because eligibility is based upon your place of residence.

Car_man
    Host
  • billdctbilldct Posts: 24
    Thanks for the information. I guess there is no A3 in my future as I don't want to buy the car and the car leases very poorly in my area.
    You're very welcome, billdct. It certainly does not appear that Audi wants to lease the 2008 A3 right now. It completely eliminated all of its lease support on it in July. On the bright side, it introduced new dealer cash on it this month, $2,000 on the 2WD and $2,500 on the quattro.

Car_man
    Host
  • RicksterRickster Posts: 40
    I just got an email from a dealer that made it seem like Audi has started a new lease program for 2008 models. Anyone know anything about that?
  • just leased an a3 3.2:

36mo/12K
    MSRP: $38,025
    Negotiated Price: $34,900
    Money Factor: .00155 (Audi Financial)
    Residual: 48%
    T.O.P.: $3,400 ($1,900 Cap)
    Monthly: $456.21 + tax

Could have gotten a better deal, but for a limited A3, im happy. Carman tell me i didnt get robbed :P
    P.S. Last day of the month hostile walk in i was....
  • vlad101vlad101 Posts: 2
    These are the terms that I received from SoCal:

36mo/12K
    Purchase Price : $28,873 (incl.tax and license)
    Money Factor: .00155 (Audi Financial)
    Residual: 45%
    Money Down: $1,700 (incl. 1st month payment)
    Monthly: $425 + tax

They say the lease terms are better on the A4. It's a more expensive car so I assume the payments might be about the same. I like the A3 better tho. But with these terms I may just look elsewhere. Any thoughts?
  • vlad101vlad101 Posts: 2
    I was able to get the payments to $1,700 down, $400 a month including tax.
    Yep, what you heard is right, Rickster. Audi tried to pull the plug on its special lease program for the A3, but after sales tailed off and dealers started to freak out they brought it back. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '08 A3 2.0T is currently .00155. Its residual values vary by trim level and mileage allowance.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thought I'd share my results with the forum since I have been using these boards as a valuable reference over the past 2 months in my research. Just got myself an ‘08 A3 today. Misano Red 2.0 T auto S-tronic S Line with Open Sky System, 18″ wheels and bluetooth. MSRP $33,670. Selling price was $27,299. 36 month lease, 12k/year miles, $1400 due at signing, $450/month after tax. Car is great and it seems like I got a pretty good deal on their last ‘08. Deal was through US Bank, not Audi because supposedly the deal woudn't have been as good through them. The US Bank MF was .002something and residual was in the 40s so no help there but selling price way below invoice helped balance things out. Location is LA area.
  • MSRP - 38040
    Sell Price - 31750
    36 month / 15k miles
    $550/month including tax
    $999 due at signing
  • Hi fasanfamily. Thanks for taking the time to give back by sharing the details of your lease with everyone. As you know, real world examples like this are always helpful for others who are in the market for similar vehicles. If you'd like, you can stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Thanks again and enjoy your new A3 :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • 09 A3 2.0T S-tronic fwd
    Premium
    Convenience
    Nav
    Open Sky

MRSP: $36,050

Price quoted: $32,995

I should start by saying I've never leased a car before. I usually just buy them. I went in purchase this car for cash on the best price I could negotiate. I'm also looking to trade in my 2000 S4 w/110k mi.

They only offered me $5k for my trade.

Then I asked what the lease terms would be if I applied the $5k trade as my cash down.

36 mo/10,000 miles/yr

MSRP: 36,050
    Residual %: 52%
    Initial cap cost: 32,995
    Lease Money Factor: .00110
    Monthly payment: 386.36

Any advice? I know I should get more for my trade but they gave me the story about how hard these cars (older S4s) are to sell at auction these days, blah, blah.

If I just buy the car outright is 3K off MSRP typical? It was the best "Internet offer" I received.
  • Hi guys.

I have a 2006 A3 on lease in New England. The lease expires next month. I would like to buy the car.

The residual is about $16k. I heard that dealers can buy it for $1k less than the residual. Audi currently has a "down to 0.9% APR on certified pre-owned cars" special advertised. This probably won't apply to the A3, but meh... this post is for someone to check my math. I can get bank/CU finance @ 5.99% APR. State tax is 7.5%.

It seems the math goes like this:
    Car value: 16k
    Tax: 1200
    Cost to buyout lease = $17200.

If I finance with the bank/CU over 3 years, the payments are about $519, for a total of about $1500 in interest.

Which is where it gets interesting......

Say the dealer buys it for $15k and certifies it as a pre-owned car (extra warranty etc) and then sells it to me for $18455 incl tax (approx $2175 profit before tax, certification and warranty fees). At 0.9% APR, that works out to the SAME $519/month for 36 months.

So... the dealer gets money.... I get an extra warranty. Not sure if the leftover from the $2175 is going to be worth it to the dealer though ?

Thoughts/comments/etc ?
  • Am in the same situation and must make a decision by end of Feb. Have you called to negotiate if your residual/payoff can be lower? I will, but closer to lease end. My decision is between financing with VW if I can get good finance rate or buying car outright. Will also throw in the idea of purchasing an A4 Avant as well, when MB lease is up in June.

Anyone else have wholesale numbers? :)
  • Got me an A3 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic
    Lava Grey
    Convenience Package
    Premium Package
    Open Sky
    Cold Weather Package
    ====================================
    36mo/12K
    MSRP: $34,600
    Negotiated Price: $31,500
    Money Factor: .00011 (Audi Financial)
    Residual: 52%
    Down Payment: $2100 (covers first payment, tags, audi care, dealer fee)
    Monthly Payment: $390.21
    Total Monthly: $429.23 INCLUDING tax

Think I did pretty well and the dealership (Audi Tysons Corner VA) was a pleasure to work with. Two other local dealers couldn't touch their price.
  • Hey oldirtymustard. I love your username :). Congratulations on getting your new A3. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. It sounds like you had a very positive dealer experience. If you'd like, you can share even more details about it by stopping by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • skinsoskinso Posts: 8
    I have the same situation now, i am just wondering does that plan work out?
  • boterobotero Posts: 4
    Hi guys.

I know I didn't take any advantage of the new year's sales but I'm planning to lease a Audi A4.

Does anybody know what is Residual Value and the Money Factor for this car?

I know this is a Audi Forum but can Anyone help me with the same information for the BMW328i

Thanks for your help....
  • Hi botero. This is actually the Audi A3 lease questions discussion. You will have better luck finding out answers to your questions on the A4 over in the "Audi A4 Lease Questions" discussion. Please post any future messages about it there.

Since we're already here, here's the info that you're looking for. Audi's lease program for the 2009 A4 varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. I will have to make some assumptions since you never mentioned what these variables are. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan Premium with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 52%, respectively.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 BMW 328i with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • maxbosmaxbos Posts: 6
    Hey Car_man,

I am considering getting a second A3 for the family. Do you know hat the current residual/money factor values are in Massachusetts?

Assumptions:

2009 A3 2.0T Front wheel drive (basic)
    36 months
    10K miles (also interested in 12K miles residual)

Thanks,
    maxbos
  • Hey maxbos. Here's the latest info for this model. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 A3 2.0T FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00103 and 52%, respectively.

Since you are a current Audi owner or lessee you probably qualify for the $750 loyalty incentive that is currently available on AFS leases of this model Make sure to ask the dealer about it.

Car_man
    Host
  • I know I might be stoned to death in this forum but hopefully someone can help.

I have a 2008 A3 which I leased in the spring. My monthly payment is $400 and some change, its been a FLAWLESS car, probably the finest tuned and well built machine I have had. Really want to have a payment around 200-250 and save the rest in the light of this great economy we have:(

Any suggestions on where I should post? What website I could utilize (lease trader)? Or if this site knows anyone wanting to assume an easy lease of a great car here in Atlanta.

any input would be great!