Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing an Audi A4. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• ashehasheh Posts: 32
    It might be high... this is what I am looking at and I still think its too high... I also have a G35X with Sunroof for $398/m 36000 and 12,000 miles with $1500 down. The G seems to be the better deal.

Black/Black A42.0 Quattro
    Automatic
    Invoice 29,315

Premium Package $1,684
    Sunroof Package $1,274
    D&D $720

Invoice: $32,993
    Inception $1500

$1500 Drive off.

56% Residue
    ..00042 Money Factor

$429.69
  • gflo1gflo1 Posts: 2
    do you know if the current deal $2k down, $350 month, 10k miles, 2.0t quattro for 2 years applies for the avant as well?

and what kind of monthly payment would I be looking at if I did $0 down for the same time frame except 15k miles?
  • Hi gflo1. Audi's August lease program, which is scheduled to run through September 6th, for these 2006 A4 2.0 Sedan with quattro and 2006 Audi A4 2.0Avant are exactly the same. The only thing that would cause these two models to have different lease payments is the fact that they are priced a little differently. If you provide me with the full MSRP (with the destination charge added in) and an approximate selling price for the vehicle that you are interested in leasing, I would be happy to estimate what sort of lease payment you can expect it to have for a zero down lease with 15,000 miles per year. Post a reminder in this discussion with this information in a few days, by then I should have an idea of what Audi's new September lease program is like. Talk to you soon.

Car_man
    Host
  • I've got a very similar question. I'm working on a deal to get the last '05 3.2 Avant on the lot. The specs of the lease sound a bit elevated. To get a $450.mo total payment on a three year lease, with only 10k miles/yr, I have to put down over $7K. The MSRP is over $43K, but the selling price is $40,200 (about $750 over invoice). I'm curious how everyone is getting equal payments than my potential deal when they put almost nothing down (on an A4 sedan). Is it the money factor on Avants that's driving the monthly payment up? Do you by chance know what the typical money factor is on an '05 Avant, vs. an '06 Avant? Thanks.
  • auto
    premium package
    bose premium sound system
    17" double spoke rims
    msrp $36,670 w/ dest charge

I have not gone into discussions yet for purchasing so unsure as to how much it should cost. However, I would like to know the maximum I should be paying. Additionally, I currently own an Audi, so I was wondering if that loyalty program was still in effect.

thanks car_man
  • I need to lease a new car within 4 weeks and have tentatively decided on the 2006 A4 3.2 Quattro. I recently went to the dealership in Santa Monica; they were extremely helpful, but I'm afraid they might take "advantage" of me (I'm female in my late 40's and doing this on my own). I'm interested in a 36 month lease and low monthly payments. I do not currently own an Audi.
    Help. Thanks. clueless in LA
  • Hi, you just missed out on the deal that expired on the 6th. Just to give you an approximate, your payment on any lease would be, at a minimum, $100 higher per month. I'm working with someone who's trying to get me the special offer even though it expired. I'm supposed to know within the next few hours if he can make it happen. If he can, I'll be driving a new Audi.

If it happens, I can refer you to him, but there's no contact info allowed on this post, so I'm not sure how to exchange information.

Here's a tip, DO NOT work with just any salesman, ask for the Internet/Fleet salesman and have an approximate idea of the invoice price. Try to deal from invoice rather then from MSRP.
  • Thanks. I found on the net (@ CarPrices) the invoice for this model. It was almost $1200 less than the dealer invoice price I read at the dealership. That's when I became concerned about how I was being treated by the salesperson.

How much wiggle room do you think I have re: invoice price and packages?

I'm curious, why would I ask for the Internet/Fleet salesperson?
  • Depending on when you buy, you have plenty of wiggle room. I was being offered the car at $1500 below invoice. This isn't because they were willing to take a loss, but because of MFG rebate and incentives that the consumer doesn't know about. However, they'll be more stingy on the 2006 models, I was shopping for the 2005.5, which is the same as the 2006. I don't think they're offering any lease on the 2006 3.2's yet.

But as I said, the money factor is now .0025 from .00072, which expired on 9/6/05. So if you get one now, you'll pay a pretty penny.

Why the Internet/Fleet salesperson? Because when you ask for them, they know that you've done your homework and will try to give you a better deal. A regular salesman, on the other hand, will not even match that deal. One negotiates from MSRP down and the other from Invoice up.
  • Thanks for the prompt response.

As my screen name implies I am clueless.

1. What is the money factor?
    2. Where did you, as a wise, but mere, consumer find out about the MFG rebate and other incentives? Are these incentives that the MFG offers the dealer? All dealers?
    3. It seems like I would do better shopping for a 2005.5 (it is the new body style).
    4. A woman's mag referenced a web site thru the better business bureau that rated dealerships. Unfortunately, it was not a viable site. Are you aware of any source (preferably free) that rates the dealerships ala J.D. Powers?

thanks. thanks. thanks.

clueless in LA
  • I'd highly recommend you use carsdirect and use their services, they can get you a great deal.
  • thank you. Your patience (I do have a tendancy to ask too many questions) and expertise (I've contacted carsdirect) is greatly appreciated.
  • I am about to lease an 06 A4 2.0 while the current leasing specials are still around (until 30 Nov I believe) 2 yr lease, first payment (369) plus acquisition fees due at signing. Now the vehicle I have picked out has a higher msrp then the model leasing for 369 so I'm obviously willing to have a higher payment. My question is this , can you negotiate on car pricing when your leasing and not buying? It may be an obvious answer to some but this will be my first lease and was not sure. Along with that how much over invoice should I be trying to haggle with assuming you can with a lease? here is what I'm looking at MSRP and what NADA had for invoice. the car I want with its options has an msrp of 37,335. invoice on NADA is 34,791. Now on top of the dealers pricing and this leads to another question they have a dealer mark up of 1,995 (alaskan mark up) dealer prep 250$, a pan heater 200$( cold weather this I need) and something called propack 989$(which is marked as optional) so that brings their selling price to 40,768.. Now with all this info I'm hoping someone can tell me where I need to start at when negotiating the price I will lease it for. I have no intention of getting the propack (dont even know what that is) or paying the alaska mark up or the dealer prep. Is this being realistic or will I have to pay this? If not that takes off 3,234$ of their asking price of 40,768 bringing the total to 37,534 about what the MSRP was originally. All that mark up, dealer prep, propack seems like bull crap to me, is it? Any help would be appreciated and soon please, also keep in mind this is the only Audi dealer in Alaska so if I leave with out the car I cant just go to the next town to another Audi dealer. And this is the only car I want. I am not trying to get the car for invoice or 200$ over invoice just something reasonable for both parties cause I cant see paying exactly what they are asking, is 1500 over invoice appropriate perhaps? Help please anyone with knowledge on pricing and leasing..
  • Hi gpulls. Let me begin by saying that you definitely do not want to make a $7,000 down payment on a lease! I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your A4 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $7,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

The selling price that you were quoted for this car is a little on the high side. While at first $750 over invoice seems reasonable, once one take the fact that Audi is currently providing $2,500 dealer cash on this car into account it is more like $3,250 over invoice. You need to renegotiate this car's selling price and then have the dealer that you are working with calculate your lease payment using Audi Financial Services buy rate lease money factor of .00270, or better yet find an independent bank that bank that has a better lease program and run it through that.

While it is not providing any dealer cash on the '06 version of this wagon, its lease program is much more attractive on it. Its 3 year, 10,000 miles per buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2006 A4 3.2 Avant are currently .00155 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi gflo1. I really can't calculate a realistic lease payment on this vehicle for you without some sort of selling price. For now I can calculate one for you using a selling price of $1,000 under MSRP, which you should be able to beat. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Avant with an MSRP of $36,670 and a selling price of $35,670 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $477. I do not believe that Audi is currently offering any owner loyalty cash on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome clueless in LA. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The two most important numbers to focus on when leasing are your vehicle's selling price and the lease money factor that is being used to calculate your monthly payment. These are the two main profit centers for dealers on leases. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. You may be able to get a good idea of how much you will have to pay for the car that you are interested in by visiting the following discussion: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have negotiated an attractive selling price, have the dealer calculate a lease payment on your car using Audi Financial Services "buy rate" lease money factor. If you do not insist upon the dealer using the buy rate, which is currently .00220 for a 2006 A4 3.2 Quattro sedan there is a chance that they will try to mark up this car's factor to add additional back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi quest3. The selling prices of leased vehicles absolutely can and should be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash or financing. The exact amount over dealer invoice that you are able to negotiate will vary from model to model. You may want to stop by the following discussion to get an idea of how much you should pay to lease the car that you are interested in right now: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". The prices that you find posted in this discussion will likely be lower than the one that you eventually end up paying because you are in a market, Alaska, where there is not much competition for your business. I suspect that you already know this but just in case you don't, I have heard that it is actually cheaper for many Alaskans to purchase their vehicles in other states, such as Washington, and have them shipped home than it is to pay the large mark-ups that Alaskan dealers charge.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_Man,

Can you tell me the money factor and residual values on the 2006 A4 2.0T Quattro Sedan for 24 months with 15k miles per year? Also, can you tell me how much dealer cash Audi is currently providing?

Thanks for all you do!
  • I can help you too.......

The residual value on a 24 mo 15k is 73% and a converted lease rate of 3.336%. There is no cash back on 06 models right now..... :P

Leigh
  • Thanks so much bigdveedubgirl!! Those are the exact numbers quoted by the dealer.....Any thoughts on getting this car at or close to invoice?

Thanks Again!
This discussion has been closed.