Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• You're right, atsenb. While this is the absolute worst environment for the auto industry that I have seen in my decades in it, Audi's sales have held up relatively well. I believe that it was the only brand not to have its sales fall in October. Flat sales are like hitting the lottery when everyone else is down like 30%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey ahdanna. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 Avant Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00202 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • megsfmegsf Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man or anyone with end of lease purchase experience,

I am coming to the end of my '07 A4 lease 2.0T Quattro, Premium and Convenience package. The purchase price on my lease is listed as $26,013.55. Adding CA tax onto that, the total payoff is $28,751.21.

Looking on Edmunds and Kelley Blue Book, the trade in value ranges from $23500 (Kelley) to $25350 (Edmunds). Private party value is basically the same from both sources - $26,650. Suggested retail is basically the same from both at $30, 850.

So, the question is, do you think it is worth it to purchase this vehicle? We have only put 12,000 miles on it in the two years of ownership. It is in very good condition. We do have dings on the bumper and hubcaps (which the dealer thinks we will be charged for) but that is about it.

I called AFS and they said they do not negotiate the purchase price. Not sure if this is true but how do I get around that? As for financing deals, they are offering 3.9% on a 36 mo loan, as well as a $1000 gift card. We would most likely finance for a bit then pay it off in a few months (simple interest, no pay off penalty).

At the end of the day, we really like the car. We did get a nice offer on a new A4 but even though we really like it, it is pretty big and we aren't sure we like that aspect of it.

Any input would be great. I appreciate your help!!

Meg
  • I'm ending a 36-mo Premier Purchase on a 2006 Audi 2.0 black, black leather interior, sunroof, 22,000 miles, excellent condition. Haggling with local dealer about turning it in to them and getting into a 2009 A4 Avant Premier Purchase, but the numbers sound fishy to me.

2009 A4 Avant Prestige
    $42,125 ($1,000 off MSRP)
    36 mos
    10,000 miles/yr
    $1,500 loyalty rebate
    $648.02/mo (no tax in OR)
    (Don't have MF or Residual, but hoping to get that today.)

Our A4 Sedan is worth about $24,757 certified used. We owe $20,167 and they offered to make our last payment of $570.

The Avants available in OR are slim pickings, but I still think they ought to be able to make a better offer than this.

What we wanted was a black Premier Plus (which they said would be about $587/mo), but they don't have one in stock and nothing coming. Only silver. I haven't haggled in 3 years and could use your help with how to tackle this and what ballpark is feasible.

Thanks!
  • Can anyone tell me if this is good?
    I'm turing in my old 07 A4 for

09 A4 Prem Plus Quart
    36m / 15k
    485 down + taxes + fees = $2854.26 at signing
    $485.01 a month

Thank you
  • Thanks for stopping back to let us know how you liked your ride, woody50. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi santafe7. The money factor that you were quotes is way too high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0 Avant Prestige with 10,000 miles per year are .00202 and 52%. Of course, the fact that you ordered your car hurts your negotiating position and the fact that this is the only Audi dealer in your state hurts it even more. The dealer is clearly marking your car's money factor up to add hidden profit to your deal. The question is whether you can convince them not to.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Meg. The market for used vehicles, even good ones like the A4, has absolutely imploded. It's so bad that many dealers are refusing to take trade-ins because the value of the vehicles that they take in is falling so quickly that they are almost guaranteed to lose money on them. The end-of-term purchase option prices for leases that are ending now were established during a different market. I suspect that at least 90% of them are higher than the actual market values of equivalent used vehicles right now.

I personally probably wouldn't exercise my purchase option on a leased vehicle at this point, but it might be worth it to try to negotiate with AFS again. Some times consumers who are shut down in their initial attempt to negotiate their vehicles' purchase prices have better luck if they work their way up the ladder to a manager. Give it a shot, you don't have anything to lose.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mariuszka. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The best way to evaluate this deal is to look at its selling price in relation to its MSRP or its dealer invoice price. This will show you how much of a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what these numbers are and either myself or another helpful community member will be happy to give you their opinion on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car man or anyone who can help me.

I have more info and a new price on a new lease for an 09 Avant Quattro Prestige:

MSRP: $43,125
    Invoice: $41,757
    Selling Price: $42,000 ($40,500 minus $1,500 loyalty rebate)
    Acquisition Fee: $625
    Res Value: $20,700
    Money Factor .00222
    Terms: 10K/42 mos
    1st month paid on new loan, last month paid on current lease ($570.03)

They're telling me it's $623.56/mo. Really wanted to spend less money and stick with the Prem Plus, but can't find one in OR. If I try WA, I pay sales tax.

Thanks for any help...
  • Your info helped me convince my dealer to use the lower lease MF and save me several thousand dollars. They just said "we were exercising our right to advance the deal in our favor"!

When will December rates be available? The car will probably arrive at the dealership after the end of Nov.

Thanks again.
  • I will be turning in my A4 I ordered a 09 A4 3.2 S-line Here is the deal I have from my dealer on my new lease. Is this a good deal ?Thanks For the help. did get the $1500.off for summer event.

MSRP: $49,550
    LEV% 47%
    Residual: $23,288.50
    Adj. Cap. Cost $43,864.25
    Lease Factor: 0.00210
    Base Pay $630.92
    Tax: $58.68
    Total Pay $689.60
    Down: $6000 ($4,500 from you and $1,500 from Audi)
  • Hi santafe7,

I believe those are October rates. For example, I was looking at the A4 Avant and the numbers that car_man quoted vs. what is in that posting are different. When i compared it to October they matched up exactly - i didnt take the time to match all cars, but that would be my guess.

AD
  • pazopazo Posts: 8
    Consider the following: Today's economic times, that horrible money factor of 0.00210, and that this is a 36mo lease. Considering all of that, according to my calculations, I would not pay more than $620/mo.

I just got 09 A4 Prestige with Nav with 15K mi/yr and only $3000 down for $518 incl tax. The MSRP was $44,500.
  • Hi everyone,

I am considering a new Audi either A4 or A6. I have an A4 lease that is will go back mid-Dec so I will qualify for the $1500 loyalty cash. In addition, I quality for the Audi Supplier Discount program though my employer. I was wondering how this figures in with other discounts, incentives and possible negotiations? Should I be able to negotiate a price and then get the supplier discount and loyalty cash on top of that?

Thanks,

Ron
  • Thanks Pazo really appreciate that. will talk to my sales associate to see if we can't come to a better deal. He is telling me that the s-line are just hard to get but this seems a little high. It didn't help that I had to special order this car..Thanks again for the advice.
  • Dealers are being pretty aggressive with their inventory in the Northeast. Just leased an A4 2.0T Quattro with the Prestige package and metallic paint - MSRP of 41,300 and invoice of 38,419, negotiated price to 37,000. Using AFS for the lease - dealer claimed there was no negotiating of the residual and money factor which seemed a bit odd. Dont have the details in front of me be can follow up if anyone is interested.
  • Dealers are independent businesses and do not have to conform to Audi buy rates. My dealer flat out lied to me at first about the "Audi" rates that could not be changed. Turns out the Money Factor quoted was "dealer" rates and a point above what Audi's are. Information is difficult to find and the dealers take full advantage of the customer because of that. I got a lot of fast talking in the attempt to conceal and confuse.
  • azuayazuay Posts: 7
    this is the deal I am considering:

http://www.socalaudidealers.com/audi/regional_aoa/socal/extra_hero.html

is this really zero due at signing? I don't need to bring a checkbook?

Also, what happens if I give up the car sometime during the lease? What am I liable for if I return the car prior to lease end?
This discussion has been closed.