Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• The AudiCare is a no-brainer..

I've only had excess wear and tear charges on one of my eight leases... And, that was only $70.. so, I'm not sure I would purchase the insurance, but that is more a personal choice (like an extended warranty).

It's not an exorbitant amount, in any case..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hey spoon,

I got both packages you mentioned as well. I agree with kydfx that the audicare is a definite yes. On my last Audi lease, even the 15K service done at an independent dealer was $200. Also, if you're in CA, you can get a refund for the portion you don't use. My understanding was also that you have to have the services done every 10K miles, ie it's not optional and you get charged at lease end if not, but I could be wrong on that.

For the second package, I think I overpaid. My wear/tear was $845 for $5k coverage and $1k/per line item of damage w/$0 deductible. Can you tell me what company is providing the insurance? I have 60 days to cancel and so i might switch out of mine and try to find yours! The company mine is from is called American Auto Guardian.
  • a499a499 Posts: 1
    Hi all, wanted to get your input to see if you think this sounds like a good deal, planning on putting a deposit down tomorrow (Chicago area):

- Brilliant Black/Black 2.0 Prestige w/ Navigation $43,335
    - 42 month lease
    - 20,000 miles/year
    - $3,580 total out the door
    - $635/month
    - Audi Care
    - Plus..they're paying the last payment of $450 on my current TL lease

I've been negotiating for a couple weeks now. What do you think???
  • I saw some other posts on here saying you can just get oil changes at those 10k service intervals and you should be fine. So I guess Audi Care is only worth it if you really want to get the full services at Audi. I'm not sure what Audi services include that you really need, besides maybe tire rotations.

As for the excess wear and tear, I don't see much on the company providing it, the dealer made it seem like it was straight from Audi; the document says IM&A Group on it so maybe that's the company (I got my car from Pacific Audi in South Bay). There are four different tiers, from Economy to Basic to Value to Preferred. The package I got was the Economy and the price was $422. The other tiers were much more expensive. My plan covers up to $5k of damage with a $0 deductible.
  • Thanks very much for the info. I am in LA so I am going to try to cancel my excess plan and get the one you mentioned from Pacific... it's JM&A I think, as I found a company by that name. This is definitely not straight from Audi. My dealer claimed that American Autoguard had a partnership with Audi, but I am guessing there are multiple companies doing business with them.
  • ceg1ceg1 Posts: 11
    42 months
    12 K per year
    $680 due at signing
    $545 per month (and this is rolling in 2 remaining current lease payments of $626 each).

Is this a good deal?
  • What is the total price of the car you are going to lease?
  • I'm looking for the December residual and mf on a 2009 Audi A4 Avant w/Premium Plus and navigation. It's a 36-month lease with 15K per year. Anyone have this information?

Thanks in advance.
  • My lease on a 2006 A4 is up in 6 months. If I decide to keep the car are there incentives available? How are interest rates from Audi Financial when purchasing off-lease cars?

Car details:
    - 2006 A4 2.0T quattro
    - navigation,bluetooth,homelink,xenon lights,bose audio,satellite radio,leather,sunroof
    - 24K miles at lease end (my lease allows 36K)
    - residual is $22,797
  • Picking up car first thing tomorrow and this is the deal i am getting any advice would be great.

2009 A4 PRESTIAGE PACK S-LINE
    19 INCH WHEELS
    ONLY CAR IN SEATTLE WOULD HAVE TO ORDER WITH OTHER DEALERS
    ICE SILVER BLACK SPORT SEATS.
    3000 OUT OF POCKET
    36 MONTHS LEASE
    12K AYEAR
    PAYMENTS $612 A MONTH INCLUDES TAXES audi paying 1st payment.

BEEN NEGOTIATING WITH 3 DEALERS THIS WAS BEST DEAL.

THANKS ON ANY HELP.
  • I'm planning on entering into a lease for an A4 2.0T quattro, but am struggling as to whether I should wait and see what comes in when dealers take delivery of the December orders in Feb./Mar. or to special order the exact car I want. How much leverage will I lose by agreeing to terms (i.e. sale price, lease payments) on the exact car I want now vs. waiting to pick from what will be coming in later this winter? Can I get the dealers best price before the car arrives in stock?

Thanks,

Manuallease
  • ceg1ceg1 Posts: 11
    It is just north of $37K
  • I have the same questions. My 07 A4 lease expires end of this month, but the dealer says it's no problem to extend the current terms for a few months if a new A4 is on order. The estimate on delivery is 70-90 days after you place the order. No word yet on pricing for 6 speed MT or Frontrak, but supposedly this information will come soon.

What's confusing to me is how to consider present or future incentive programs in making a deal on an ordered car. Do you have to commit to the exact terms when you order? Can you change your mind while waiting for the car? Would the dealer be less likely to sell close to invoice on a car "on order"? Clearly buyers have the advantage in this economy, but I don't want to give up that advantage just because I want a manual transmission and don't really need quattro. Thanks.
  • I had a 07 lease that I was in the same position. ordered a 2009 A4 2.0 S-LINE They told me I would have to wait until february to get the car because I special ordered it My lease was up this month. called Audi they told me they would extend the lease for up to 6 months. Here is the problem Audi has a loyalty program in December for any turned in lease you get $1500 Rebate along with the Audi summer event.(Audi pays 1st month,no fees)you will save alot of money doing it this month.

I would try to find a car this month if you can. did the only thing I had to give up was the 3.2 to a 2.0 which was fine for me. So it really comes down to you Hope this helps.Also, it will be hard to negotiate a good price on a special ordered car,that is what I found..Good luck
  • I just got a quote for a 2009 A4 2.0 with premium plus, red exterior, black interior.
    36 month lease, 12k miles per year
    55% residual
    Not sure what the MF is but the dealer said the interest was 4.8%
    $1000 down
    $616.94 for 35 months (first month free, includes tax),
    sell price on this is $36,269 (msrp $37,525)
    Apparently I don't qualify for the Audi $1500 loyalty as the original maturity date was back in Sept.
    Is this a fair deal. I'd appreciate any feedback
  • I found the Dec. Audi lease rates on Roadfly and for the car I WAS looking at, the 09 A4 3.2 Prestige, the money factor was raised from .00169 to .00199. Back to BMW.
  • That dealer is ripping you off. My 09 Audi 2.0 Quattro w/ Premium Plus + Navigation cost:
    MSRP: $40,025
    Edmunds Invoice: $37,237
    My Price: $35,129

The 55% residual is correct for 12K miles. However, he's charging too much on the money factor. It should be 0.00169 x 2400 = 4.056%.
  • Thanks for your comments 09 Audi Fan. How did you manage to get the price so far below invoice? i.e. Was it a demo model? Did you get the Audi loyalty discount?
  • I just picked up my car Ice silver MSRP 44,1100 negotiated with 3 dealers got the car for 40,500.I own a 09 Q7 4.2 and turned in a Audi A4 07 lease..Sl-line Risidual are higher never can understand way.Well worth it love the car.

They were not going to give me loyalty program because my mature date was Jan 14th and the $1500 loyalty stats your return must be by Jan 1st.I sent GM a e-mail stating way I should get rebate He agreed talked to Audi Rep and got it. am a huge Audi fan and both cars I have through Audi Financial.

Dealer was honest and this car is hard to find. Audi sales were up 7% last month so they are not coming off cars to much,but most dealers still want to move inventory. Good luck to all.
  • Just following up: Does anyone know what interest rates Audi is offering when buying out leased cars? (... and will they negotiate the purchase price or am I bound to the residual stated on my lease contract?)
This discussion has been closed.