Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• jg22jg22 Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease an A4 automatic. base model, no options or extras. i believe the MSRP is around 34-35k. i want $0 down $0 due at signing, all fees, taxes etc rolled up into my monthly payments. i have been getting quotes between $415-$440+ tax per month on 15k mi/yr @36 mos. does this seem right? another dealer was coming in much higher and said there is no way the price could be at that. i am located in CA. thanks for your help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi audieddy. This looks like a pretty good deal for this car to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi wchance. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00080 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 A3 TDI Premium are .00141 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • wchancewchance Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply.

Oops i thought I was getting a bad deal but now I see that Money Factor is higher on a TDI model.

They also informed me that 10k is the minimum miles even though I only need 7.5k is that true?

I hate to abuse of your confidence but I am now thinking of a Audi A6 Premium Plus 2.0T, can you help me with numbers for 36month/10k and 36month/7500?

Thanks Again,

William
    CARMAN - are there any major drawbacks to doing a 42 month lease instead of 36. the payments are cheaper but not sure if its worse in the long run?
    You're welcome William. I know that AFS offers leases with 15,000 12,000 and 10,000 miles per year, but I haven't seen anything on a 7,500 mile per year lease with them. I don't see why the dealer would try to mislead you about 7,500 not being an option...they sell the car either way and don't profit from your driving additional miles.

Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A6 Premium Plus 2.0T with 10,000 miles per year are .00056 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jg22. Other than the fact that you're committed to your vehicle for a longer period of time, which could lead you to get sick of it or to seriously exceed your mileage allowance if your commute changes, no there isn't any major drawback to leasing an Audi for 42 months. Audi's bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage lasts 4 years or 50,000 miles, so you don't have to worry about being out of warranty during your lease like you would if it had a 3 / 36 warranty.

Car_man
    Host
    thanks so much. here are the terms i received on both scenarios. does this seem like an ok deal? $0 down $0 due at signing. MSRP $34,375

36 mos
    440 plus
    479 all-in
    0 out of pocket
    15k mileage

42 mos
    423 plus
    459 all-in
    0 out of pocket
    15k mileage
  • audieddyaudieddy Posts: 28
    Thanks Carman for all the great info you put out here. This is the third car we leased in the last 4 years and your help has been invaluable.
  • gohattersgohatters Posts: 10
    Here in Naples, FL Audi is offering a 36 mo lease on the A4 premium for:

$1,995 down
    $349/mo
    based on $33,375 MSRP
    10k miles/yr

If I use the money factor and residual provided by Car_Man above (thanks!), that means they reduced Cap Cost to approx $31,900. Which is $500 over invoice.

What are your thoughts?

It looks like a decent deal, but I haven't been tracking A4 leases for long. Will this deal stay? Or is it temporary? My current lease isn't up until Aug so I have a few months to lock something else down.

It looks like Audi and Infinity are dealing on the leases, they're several thousand cheaper than Merc or BMW counterparts.

thanks for your help
  • bocmcmbocmcm Posts: 1
    My 2009 A4 Sedan lease is up this month. In expressing an interest to purchase, dealer had a 1.9% interest rate available but to qualify I'd have to purchase a $3,000 Certified Extended Warranty. And that does not include any repair costs (like new brakes) to meet Audi Certified standards.
    I would finance balance for 2 years and drive for at least another 3 years.

Questions:
    1. Is this a good investment or simply the dealer trying to make $3K++ off me?
    (Just had a friend hit year 4 (post warranty) with a BMW and got hit with $3K in engine / computer repairs so this investment might be worth considering)

2. Are there better deals through Warranty Brokers that will provide comparable extended warranty coverage? If so, any recommendations?
  • zeerazeera Posts: 18
    Hi
    I am in the same boat as you are... my 2009 A4 lease is up and I am planning to purchase at the end (in a week) - it is interesting coz I was quoted 2.99% and the warranty is optional - it is up to us - I highly doubt they can tie up the rate to warranty. the rate should be tied to your credit score.

also - is buying at the end of the lease a better option than to lease a new one?
    if I buy it is coming out to approx 434 per month - and if lease a new one - I was able to get it down to approx 510 (exact same car) - i wonder if those $75 more is worth not dealing with a car that has 50K miles on it.
  • jordanttjordantt Posts: 3
    my relative around December got a A4 premium plus from a broker... We get all out cars through them. Whats the point of buying out your used car when payment comes out more not less than a new one? And you will most likely will be dealing with problems from the car. My relative did the same thing and Audi was giving trouble with what they would cover. So look around and look at the different options. I'm in NY i don't know if that makes a difference. Hope this helps.
  • zeerazeera Posts: 18
    Thank you jordantt - i know that makes the right sense. its just that returning the car and paying for the worn out tires and the repocession fee seem a little ... hmmm should i just buy out and use that money towards downpayment.
    You're welcome jg22. Do you happen to know the selling prices for these deals? That would be a big help in evaluating them.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem audieddy. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. See you around :).

Car_man
    Host
    Hey gohatters. $500 over invoice plus the use of the buy rate money factor is a good deal.

Just make sure that the dealer takes the $750 loyalty cash or $1,000 conquest cash into account if you are eligible for either.

Car_man
    Host
  • pljsonpljson Posts: 1
    I'd like another set of eyes to review the numbers on a deal I'm currently working on in NJ. Vehicle specifics:

36-months / 10,000 Miles

- 2012 A4 Premium Plus
    - Quattro
    - Nav
    - Advanced Key
    - Rear Accoustic Parking Sensor
    - Metallic Paint

MSRP: $43,600

Cap Reduction: $0

Inceptions: $4,0462.16
    --- First Month Payment: $465.00
    --- License: $371.00
    --- Dealer Docs: $349.00
    --- Acquisition: $695.00
    --- NJ Sales Tax: $1,305.71
    --- NJ Tire Tax: $7.50
    --- AUDICARE (includes Tax): $868.95

Monthly Payment: $465.00

I'm happy with it and am about to pull the trigger.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
  • gohattersgohatters Posts: 10
    Thanks. Unfortunately, they just changed the lease deal and added another $1k do the down payment. I think I'll wait and see if the better deal comes back next month
  • mashurimashuri Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I am considering a lease on a new 2012 A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus & Tripto. I am in Washington state and would appreciate feedback if this is reasonable.

A4 2.0T Quattro Prem Plus w\ Tripto. Std black paint.
    Sale price: $37,400 + $350 "fees"

36 mo term .00155 factor 56% residual
    $3k out of pocket
    $495 mo

or the same terms for $0 down; $590 month

How does this compare?
This discussion has been closed.