Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Mooselook. Despite the fact that this car's Edmunds.com True Market Value is full MSRP, in a competitive market like the one that you are in I suspect that you should be able to get a 2006 Audi A4 for around $1,000 or so over invoice. For the purpose of calculating a lease payment for you I will assume a discount of $1,000 off of full MSRP as you suggested. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro sedan with an MSRP of $35,445 and a selling price of $34,445 through Audi Financial Services right now for 3 years with 15,000 miles per, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $453. I used a money factor of .00139 and a residual value of 59% to arrive at this payment. Audi's current lease program for this car is scheduled to run through October 4th. Stop by the following discussion to ask any questions that you have about leasing a 2006 BMW 325i: "BMW 3-Series: Lease Questions".

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Thank You Car_man!!
  • jccai1jccai1 Posts: 106
    Hi Car_man! I've nevered leased a vehicle and am considering it. Just curious, how do you figure out the money factor and residue for each individual scenario that people ask you about? The money factor seems to be different in each scenario, why is that? Thanks.
  • No problem, I hope you get good representation from carsdirect. I just picked up my car last night (purchased it). Good luck!
  • Thanks for the help, Car man!
    ***Mooselook***
  • Hello,
    I saw ur forum and was wondering if you could help me. I've never leased a car and plan to lease an Audi A4 2.0T Quattro. I live in the Dallas, TX area. The MSRP of the car I have is $36,710 (Pemiium, Sunroof, S-Line Pack) + $720 Destination. The invoice is $34,005.

I recall in one of your posts last week you had said that Audi is offering $2500 dealer cash for this car. I asked Audi and they claimed to not know anything about this. Is this the case? I am looking for a 15K mile 24 or 36 month lease. What do you think my payments would be like respectively and fair? I know that Audi is offering special lease offers till Nov, but do you know what I should expect to pay out of pocket upon signup so they don't tack up fees?

I appreciate any feedback you can give. i just graduated college and this will be my first car lease and I don't want to be had. I would really be thankful for any of your expertise.

Thank-you again

Sincerely,
    Steve K
  • MSRP: $36,710 + 720 = $37,430
    I am assuming a Selling Price of $36,000 and MF = 0.00139

The monthly payment for a 24 month/15K mile lease should be 449 + tax
    The monthly payment for a 36 month/15K mile lease should be 467 + tax

You should expect to pay the first month's payment (+tax), tag, title and the acquisition fees (about $575) upfront.

Hope this helps.
  • You're very welcome nick_metro.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jccai1. Manufacturers publish lists of lease money factors and residual values for vehicles and give them to their dealers. I am often able to get a look at these lists because I know a lot of people in the industry.

Car_man
    Host
  • No problem Mooselook.

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome Steve. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Audi is currently providing $2,000 dealer cash on 2005 A4 2.0T models. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your capitalized cost on this car. This dealer cash is not available on the '06 model. Any salesperson who claims not to know about the dealer cash on the '05 model is either really uninformed or is lying to try to get you to pay more than you should.

Let's calculate a sample lease payment on this car for you and see what we come up with. For now I will assume that you are paying $1,000 under invoice for the car that you want, if you are able to negotiate a better deal than this your lease payment would be a little lower. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2005 Audi A4 2.0T quattro sedan with an MSRP of $37,430 (including destination) and a selling price of ($34,005 invoice + $720 destination - $1,000), through Audi Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $578. The payment for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be $559. With these leases, at signing you would have to pay your vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit of $600, AFS' acquisition fee of $575, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    Just be aware that you CAN'T use dealer cash on a lease or purchase thru Audi Financial Services. This money is given in lieu of any finance or lease specials, and you'll have to finance with a different bank or lease company to get the dealer cash.

Also, dealer cash is something that is given to the dealer and used at their discretion. A dealer doesn't have to sell you anything @ 2000 below invoice. You''ll have more negoitating power depending on the inventory and the number of cars they have on the lot, and if you'll take something in stock vs locating a car somewhere else in the country they don't have.
  • Thank-you for the feedbacks, I really appreciate it.

I'm confused, according to one of the replies above (Acura TL), my payment should be about $469 with a Selling Price of $36,000 and MF = 0.00139 for 36 months. A coople of replies after that (Car_Man) has it at around $559 a month with almost the same selling price for 36 months?

According to Audi's site, an A4 Quattro with a selling MSRP price of $34,000 leases for $369 a month for 24 months at 10k miles per year (in the fine print)

I am more inclined to beleive that the Audi that I want (2006, I have to have S-Line Pack!) with a selling price of around the same $34,000 for 36 months as opposed to 24 months AND 15K miles/yr opposed to 10k/yr should be closer to the $469 a month payment, right?

The car I want sells for around the same price as the one listed on the Audi website ($34,000) and the only difference being is the length of lease (36 months) and the miles//year (15K).

I don't know which one to go on, I an inclined to assume the $469 payment is more accurate. Can the change from 15k miles and 36 month lease bump the montlhy price $200 a month?

Please help! I am even more confused now!
  • I've been bouncing between the A4 and the BMW 3 series and I think I am going with the A4. I have 2 lease options.

Option 1 - 0 down 369/mth 10,000 miles for 24 mths. MSRP is 33060 and includes the sunroof package and 6 speed triptronic end of lease value of 25,125.60.

Option 2- Same thing but $439 down and the car includes a little more, almost exactly what I am looking for. Premium pkg, sunroof pkg, cold weather pkg, 6 speed triptronic. The only problem is that I want a manual transmission not an automatic.

I tried to negotiate a lower lease price due to the difference in the MSRP form one dealer with no luck, I was told that the manual transmission drops the residual value too much to make the difference. With lease option 2 do you think it is possible to have them waive the $439 down payment in lieu of a manual in place of the triptronic?

I was told that you can really negotiate leases but I don't understand why, the model I want costs less, I should pay less.

Christin
  • SK, what is the "S-Line pack", anyway?

***Mooselook***
  • Hi everyone.

This is the first time I am considering leasing a car. Do the dealers give you hassels at the end of the lease and try to add on extra fees? e.g. what if there is a scratch or a small dent (like a shopping cart damage).

I would really appreciate some input from all you leasing pros out there.

Thanks in advance.
  • Thanks for all of the help. I'm not nearly as Clueless as I was when I began my foray into the forum.

$36,912 is the Cap Cost, I've been quoted by the dealer for an A4 3.2 quattro with automatic, plus the sunroof and premium packages, including pearl effect paint. The residual value(after 36 months andd 30,000 miles) is $24,450 and is based on a money factor of .00255. Is this a good deal? (It's more than $1800 less than CarDirect.) Oh, and includes a free loaner whenever the car needs to be serviced.

thanks.

PS Does the Cap Cost include tax, license and registration fees?
    PPS. Included in this price is the 1% advertising fee. The leasing manager refused to budge.
  • I returned a 1999 A4 at lease end and received no hassels at all, plus 100% of my security deposit back. I have since leased a 2003 Saab, which I will be returning in November. They sent me a brochure to prepare me for lease turn in. In it, they say that tire tread must be a minimum of 1/8th inch, Dings, dents and scratches on exterior panels must be less than 2", windshield cracks or stars must be less than 1/2" and interior burn holes must be less than 1/8" to be considered "normal" wear and tear.
    I am anticipating no problem with this turn in.
    I think that if you take reasonable care of your car, you probably will not get whacked with any fees. On the other hand, if your car has damage, you may as well get it fixed right when it occurs and enjoy it for the rest of your lease, rather than drive a dented car for 3 years and then pay at lease end.
  • Question for Car Man. In Chicago, Audi is offering a lease for 24 months, 10k miles/yr, $575 acquisition fee with $0 down. They are advertising a payment of $389/mo. The price of the car they are using is $35,310 (2006 A4 Quattro w/automatic, premium pkg, sunroof pkg, and cold weather pkg. Can you provide the money factor & residual they are using in a deal like this. I want to make sure they aren't changing terms when I see the actual numbers.

I'd like to up the mileage to 12k/year. Any idea what that would change things?

I wonder if price is still negotiable on a deal like this?
  • I also have a question for CarMan

In the NY NJ tristate area the deal is $369/mo with MSRP of $35,310 but with a down payment of $439. (Its on Audi web-site under Regional Offers).

If I can negotiate the price down to, say $34K, how will the deal be affected? Will the monthly payments be reduced?
  • I just signed the following:
    2006 (not 2005.5) A4 2.0T tiptronic auto, metallic paint, "new" premium pkg. that includes sunroof, leather seat surfaces, heated front seats, same 17" wheels w/235/45x17 all season tires as on Sport Pkg., power passenger seat, etc. Also, dark wood interior trim (looks great!!). All sales tax (8.375% in my area) and $439 down payment is rolled into lease, 15,000 miles annually. All I pay at delivery is $575 bank fee, no security deposit, first month of lease and $67.50 for NYS inspection, registration and document fee. I will be selling the dealer my trade but this is not really tied to the lease, just a cash deal - but, the price they are paying is slightly higher than Kelley BB trade-in value; my trade is like new. Monthly lease payment is $471.31. I can't remember the exact list price for the car, but I think it was $35,685 before I decided to go for the wood interior trim option. Anyone have input as to whether this deal sounds reasonable or not? I guess at this point I go with it unless someone tells me I have been really taken, then I might fight with the dealer. They started with the regional "special" of $369/mo for list price car of $35,310 with $439 down, 10,000 miles a year, $575 acquisition fee (bank fee) $0 security deposit - not including sales tax (8.375% in my arae). Any excess miles over 10K annually @$.25/mile.
  • What a phenomenal community and service this is. Thanks so much to Car Man for putting in the time and effort -- it's much appreciated. Wondering if I might ask Car Man or others in the know to advise on this deal.

I'm about to sign on a 2006 2.0T 6-speed Quattro. Leather, Vavona wood trim, NE emissions, sunroof package, premium package, technology package w/ bluetooth, and navigation.

Here are the details: $1,148.35 at signing / $481.45 per month. Based on MSRP=$37,835; Sale Price=$36,189; Terms=24 Months X 15k miles per year; Rate=.00159; Residual=.75 ($28,376.25); Total Taxes=$542.59 (5% Mass).

What's the verdict? Thanks so much for your help!
  • I'm in Orange County, Southern California, and just leased a new A4 Avant. As a service to the people on this board who are interested in leasing one, here are the terms for the one I just picked up:

A4 Avant 2.0T Auto (black with ebony interior)
    Technology Pkg. w/ Bluetooth
    Sunroof Pkg.
    Luxury Pkg.
    S-Line Sport Pkg.

MSRP of $40,185, but negotiated down to $38,794

24-mo. lease, 12K miles/year, $900 total drive-off (incl first month's payment), $485/mo. payments plus tax. Based on what I've read so far, I think this is a pretty good deal.
  • Hi.
    I am currently considering taking advantage of the current Audi lease special.
    My local dealer in NC is offering me the following:

2006 A4 2.0 Quattro with sunroof pkg, and premium pkg, 6 speed automatic
    Lease terms are $1,000 down, 24 months, 15K/year, $467/mo (includes all fees and taxes)
    or I can do the model without the premium package (has sunroof, leather, auto) for $437/mo. For the extra $30, I would probably do the premium.

Can I do better, or is this a good deal?

Thanks,
    Chips
  • 06 Avant 2.0 TQ - premium package, sunroof, 12k miles a year, 24 mos, metallic paint. $2200 ish down, 399 a month (includes taxes). We started talking about the current NY regional special but I think I'd rather have the Avant. Sound about right? My credit score on myfico is at 717 (Equifax), with a blended score (all 3 scores averaged) is a tick over 700 (705 I think), so not sure if this qualifies me or not (any insight there)? I do have an update in the works on my report which should bring me to the 730 area (paid off a big cc bill)

I did not negotiate the price of the car yet as just went in to look/drive, but given that it is an Audi deal, I don't know if negotiating is even possible.

What I'd probably end up doing, assuming the above is in the ballpark of where it should be, would be to roll the "extra" $1000 the avant adds to the price into the deal and end up with a monthly payment of around $430.

Sound logical? Will my score get me in?
  • MSRP on the above was right around $36 K BTW ^
  • There's currently what I thought was a nation-wide lease deal on an A4 Quattro 2.0T Sedan for $369/mo, 24-month, 10K miles a year, $940 drive off. That's what's in the ads on their website, and what I was offered at the dealer. I didn't take it because I wanted the Avant.
  • well, got my deal worked out today - they just need to find me a car now!

here is where I ended up:
    '06 Avant
    $1463 out of pocket (1st month and sales tax + dmv, etc)
    0 "money down"
    $454.80 a month

overall I think I did ok, though they are trying to swap the car they have on the lot for a white with ebony or red with ebony, which are my preference over the Quartz. If that happens, price may go down a few dollars due to the difference in paint costs.

Sound reasonable?

car we are talking about has MSRP of $36560 as I recall
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    I doubt you're going to get any better than the nationwide ad that Audi is offering now right now. Maybe you can haggle about 10-15 bucks a month from a dealer, but I doubt may people will quibble about it.

Just 6 months ago, an 05.5 new body style 2.0T was $369 for the Quattro, but they wanted $1995 cap cost reduction plus fees for about $3000 out of pocket.

$369 and less than $1000 out of pocket for an 06 Quattro for 24 months is a heck of a better deal.
  • Just closed deal for a 2006 A4 Cabriolet Aquamarine Blue - can't wait - dealers states has to be ordered and will take about 2 months. Included is the Premium Package and Parktronic. MSRP was $41,379 and I paid $39,500. Hopefully, I got a fair deal. My next question is how to negotiate a good lease deal. The dealer states that I should wait until delivery as Audi may have a better lease deal in the Winter. Is this true? Or should I try to negotiate now before the car is ordered. I live in NY and bought in NJ.
This discussion has been closed.