Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hello tank12. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00064 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If you have a significant amount of equity in your vehicle you might be able to use that to your advantage in negotiations with a different dealer at lease-end, but don't assume that is going to happen because it usually is not the case.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi tank12. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Audi A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00064 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings madhureloaded. I don't know any specific Virginia dealers that are good, but I can tell you how leasing works. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi bajaudia4. Please see my previous posts for the information that you are looking for. Audi Financial Services' residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • maverick2coolmaverick2cool Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    Hi Car_man,

This my first time leasing a car. I am looking to lease Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Tiptronic in Seattle, WA area.

Below are specs.

Ext. Color: Phantom Black Pearl Effect
    Int. Color: S Line Black
    Audi Connect
    IPOD Cable for Audi Music Interface
    S Line Sports Package
    Prestige Package

Dealer Gave me following figures
    Estimated Total MSRP $48670
    Residual Value: 49%
    Money Factor is 0.00124.
    Miles/Year 10000

Does this sound correct? Based on your previous posts looks like Money factor is way too much? Right?

Thanks
    Mav.

• Hey guys... just wanted to get an idea of what you think about this lease offer?

2013 Audi A4 - Premium 2.0T Automatic CVT
    Options:
    -Convenience package
    -Lighting package
    -Wheel locks
    -Chrome exhaust tips

MSRP: $35,735

Trade in equity on my old A5: -$500
    Audi loyalty: -$1000

Negotiated price with incentives and trade-in: $31,300

Audi care: +$820

FINAL NEGOTIATED PRICE INCLUDING AUDI CARE: $32,120

42-month lease
    52% residual
    10k miles/yr
    .00071 money factor
    $695 acq fee

Residual: $18,582
    $0 security deposit, $0 down, $0 drive-off (walk off the lot paying nada)

Monthly payment: $376 (includes CA 8.75%)

Should I pull the trigger?
    Thanks,
    Mike
  • Just a correction to the above...
    $32,120 final price does NOT include the trade in
    The $500 trade-in is going towards the cap-reduction/up front cost

Thanks!
  • Welcome Mav. You're right, the money factor that you were quoted is indeed too high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36-month lease of this car is only .00064 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man,

Have the leasing rates and details changed since December on a 2013 A4 Premium Plus quattro? This will be by first time getting a car on my own and I want to go there with some insight. I would like a 36 month lease, 15,000 miles with a convenience and lighting package. Do you know what the spread is on that? Also, what are the lease rates for it?

Thanks,

Brit
  • First post guys and been reading a lot on here. I am looking at a 2013 Audi A4 Premium Plus with Navigation and with smart key and in phantom black.

MSRP at $41,195
    36 mo lease with 15,000 miles
    Cost:
    $3,000 down
    $499/mo

Any insight on if this is a good deal? I am currently in another lease for my current car with 2 payments remaining ($750 total) but am also about $900 over my mileage. Car is in good condition and am thinking I will try and get Audi to buy that car out and that way I won't get stuck with final 2 payments or the mileage costs.
    But wanted to get opinions on the current lease and if that sounded like a good deal? Thanks!
  • Hey Brit. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You can look up the exact MSRP and dealer invoice price for this car over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunnds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome csimmssu. The easiest way for me to evaluate this deal is to take a look at this car's selling price relative to its full MSRP. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Knowing the selling price makes it easier to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given an in turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Let us know and I'm sure that myself or another knowledgeable community member will tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man,

I am a recent graduate so this is my first time getting a car on my own and I don't have a lot of significant credit history. I went to an Audi dealership in Houston and this is the deal they offered me for an A4 Sedan Premium FWD 2.0T CVT.

Lighting Package
    Convenience Package
    Audi Care

Lease for 42 months w/ 12,000 miles
    Adj Cap Cost - $32,126.40
    $6000 down
    Money Factor - .00120
    Monthly Payments - $398.92

Would you consider this a good deal?

Thanks for your help!
  • I forgot to add that it was a 50% residual.
  • ykangykang Posts: 88
    It makes sense if you put down $1000 not $6000. You better stay away from them. How is your credit history? Maybe you don't have stellar credit history yet?
  • That's including taxes, title, license, and fees. My credit is ok. I just don't have very much.
  • thairsthairs Posts: 12
    Hi guys,

I just wanted to see how my lease offer looks when compared to your guys' results:

2013 Audi A4 premium plus
    Monsoon grey ext.
    MMI
    Advanced key
    Sport pckg
    MSRP = $44,910
    Residual = 55%, $24,948
    12k / 36 month lease

Money factor = .00069
    Security deposit waived
    $675 deposit + $665.91 first payment = total down of $1,340.91 at signing
    Base monthly payment = $618.16 + tax = $665.91

Look like a good deal to you guys? I'm planning on pulling the trigger soon...

Thanks for the help!!
  • isles1isles1 Posts: 110
    edited January 2013
    What is the negotiated sales price? You should be aiming for only a few hundred over invoice, which is $41,830; even less if the car is on the lot.

What other fees are beng charged and rolled into the lease? Payments seem very high to me based on that MF and residual. Using invoice as a sale price, a down payment/deposit of $675, and standard lease acquistion fee of $695 and your posted MF and residual, I get payments of $519 BEFORE sales tax.

If I run the same numbers using MSRP as the sales price, I get $603 per month BEFORE sales tax. DO NOT pay MSRP for this car!
  • thairsthairs Posts: 12
    I haven't done any other negotiating other than standard emails with the sales person (I'm away from home on a work trip), I figure I'll go into the dealership to start talking about a better deal.

Here's the exact car that the sales person was basing the numbers off of:
    http://www.audirenotahoe.com/new/Audi/2013-Audi-A4-56c41ff90a0a006401cc32101d15b- e0f.htm

Thanks for the help!
  • romil01romil01 Posts: 75
    Considering the fact that I have lease numbers for a $63K Mercedes E350 that are $600/month with 15K/year and $1095 drive off...I'd say those numbers you got for a car that is almost $20K less are pretty poor.
This discussion has been closed.