Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Northern Cal dealership quoting me the following. MSRP $44260, sale price $42104. 36 months, 10k miles a year, $2500 down, res 56%=$24785. Seems like the payment is to high, any better deals out there? Thanks
  • Run don't walk.
  • ilauilau Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    Thanks Car_Man, I'm loving the ride. It's the least I can do for the awesome advice this forum has to offer.

Car_Man, could you shed some insight on one more topic - I feel that a lot of potential leasers will have this question as well. The financial manager talked me into getting the maintenance package for $820. I'm pretty sure I'll max out the allotted mileage (or close to it), but not sure if I'll end up spending more than $820 on maintenance services for a lease. Is this package worth the extra money? To recap, I'm on a 42 month term w/ 15k miles per year.

Thanks again
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Excellent question, ilau. Normally I would say that no one probably should not buy pre-paid maintenance on a leased vehicle. All I ever do on my leased vehicles is change the oil regularly, rotate the tires and change the occasional filter. I usually don't even use the dealer to perform the work. I go to a local, cheaper, more convenient place instead.

Now having said this, Audi is an exception to this rule. Audi Financial Services provides a 1% boost to the residual values of vehicles that are leased with Audi Care. That usually helps to offset a lot of the cost of the pre-paid maintenance program. If I was getting an Audi I would seriously consider getting Audi Care.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Could you provide the Dealer and Sales rep?
    I would love to find a deal like this in CT.
  • Hello Ilau,

Could you provide the Dealer and Sales rep?
    I would love to find a deal like this in CT.

A4 Premium 2013
    Monsoon Gray
    Lighting Package
    Convenience Packing
    42 months
    15k miles per year

MSRP: $36120
    Total Cap Cost: $32,176.53

Also could you share the MF and Residual value.
    I believe you said 0 Down, Did you trade your car as a down payment?
    the Monthly Payment is 400.00 is that with or without tax?

Thanks,
  • cavcarcavcar Posts: 1
    Just wanted to get some input on a current lease offer I received:

Audi A4 2.0T Premium Navi
    MSRP: $44,370
    final price: $41, 388.46
    money factor: 0.00079
    Out the door money (including first month): $1400
    total monthly payment: $575

does this sound reasonable?
  • Hi Folks,

Here are the details of a current dealer lease incentive (Huntington NY Audi):

$359 per month for 36 months

$0 Security Deposit, $359 1st Month Payment, $695 Acquisition Fee, $1,796 Down Payment, $2,850 Due at Signing*

Based on MSRP of $38,045 for a 2013 Audi A4 2.0T quattro Premium automatic with Tiptronic, Convenience Package, Lighting Package, Heated Front Seats and Destination Charge, excluding taxes, title, other options and dealer charges

Monthly payments total $12,942

10,000 miles/year

Note: This lease offer includes the New Owner Appreciation Program. **Audi of America, Inc. will pay $1,000 towards the lease or purchase of a new, unused 2012 or 2013 Audi A4

(Which I assume - includes means this exact deal does not apply if you do not qualify for the Program)

Is this a good deal ?

Thanks in advance for any insights!
  • junjgujunjgu Posts: 3
    @asoliveri
    If you are in NY why not try out legendleasing.com they are in Brooklyn. A4 2.0T Quattro Premium 10K 39 months is $359 with 0 down. That would save you 1800 down payment.
    If you try please let us know if they are indeed what they advertised. I'm thinking leasing from them too.
  • Hi Car Man,

Could you please provide the April residual and MF for an A4 Premium Plus quattro for 36 months / 12k miles per year? Thanks in advance!
  • flacrabbflacrabb Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man - Do you have the April residual and money factor for the 2013 A4 Prestige quattro? Lease term would be 24 months and 15k miles/year.
    Hello leadfoot1202. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00069 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There's a cash incentive on leases of this car in certain states. If you tell me where you are I can tell you whether it is available in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly flacrabb. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 A4 Sedan Prestige quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As I mentioned in my previous post, there's a cash incentive on leases of the A4 in certain states. Tell me where you are and I'll tell you if it's available in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • mankumanku Posts: 33
    I just picked up a 2013 Allroad premium plus...sticker was just over 49K, my price was 43300. I leased it...with audicare, 36months/10k year my payment is 549.99 in socal, 9% tax. In addition, I had ZERO drive off...dealer paid for 1st month, aquisition and registration fees.

On top of that, they took in my 2011 A4 Avant...29Kish residual and slightly beat up. That was a 39k new. I was paying 510/month for that one.

Seemed like a no brainer to me...don't know exactly how the dealership made money though!
  • Pretty new to car owning/leasing having moved to TX from NYC, looking to get some insights around a deal I'm working to put together for a PP A4 Quattro. Basically if I get it (vs a toyota hybrid) I'm trying to figure out whether I purchase ir or lease it. The following are my basic specs:

- Quattro tiptronic (also looking at manuals)
    - Premium Plus
    - Sports package
    - Audi MMI
    - B&O sound system

Basically a near fully loaded PP A4 quattro. The following is one offer I've got on a car that matches the specs I'm looking for (which is surprisingly hard to find)

$ 46215.00 MSRP
    $ 43962.00 SALE PRICE

LEASE
    36 month/ 12k (wac)
    $689.30 monthly
    55% residual= $25418
    .00119 money factor

PURCHASE
    60 month purchase $0 down @1.9%(wac)
    $814.22 monthly

The other question is whether to lease or but... I've always struggled with leasing, but it seems like the Audi's poorer reliability and cost makes it a more viable option. Interested in any thoughts, thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks,
    Rick
  • isles1isles1 Posts: 110
    edited April 2013
    Those lease numbers are terrible re: the monthly payment, and the sales price seems high. If it is a 2013 on the lot, you should be able to do better on the sales price. Get to the bottom of why the monthly payment is so high. Order Sheets are already out for 2014. Dealer is also probably sneaking in fees like prep & docs fees. Have all fees broken out.

"Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00069 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier." Dealer is padding the Money Factor...insist on Buy Rate or walk away. The residual should be 56% with Audi Care.

For comparison, I am paying about $15 more per month for a 2013 P+ S4 (MSRP $53, 445, sales price $50,562 before $750 lease bonus cash), 36 months 12K miles. $500 order deposit as down payment; AudiCare, acquisition fee and New York State sales tax in payment. First month payment and DMV fees at signing. No trade in or other incentives/cap cost reductions.
  • MSRP: $38,495
    Monthly payment: $460
    Miles: 15,000
    42 months

$3000 down (1st month included)
    $1000 Audi loyalty
    $1700 trade in (2004 A4 w/ 180,000 miles, the car was shot)

Thoughts?
  • mbz01mbz01 Posts: 9
    Poundsine - can you advise, was the monthly payment inclusive of tax or before tax? Also in LA - could you advise dealer?
  • mbz01mbz01 Posts: 9
    Manku - could you clarify? Was 549.99 before tax or after california state tax? Can you advise who the dealer was?
  • mankumanku Posts: 33
    after tax...

dealer was auto gallery in woodland hills...

good luck!
This discussion has been closed.