Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi prudentlease. You can reference the advertised lease that you saw mentioned here, but chances are that it is for a completely different, less expensive vehicle.

A $40,645 car that has a selling price of $39,328 and a $5,000 capitalized cost reduction, a money factor of .00069 and a residual value of 51% would have a 39-month, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $387. So the $515 payment that the dealer is quoting you is way out of whack.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi audiguy87. The selling price and money factor that you were quoted look great. If you like the car, this appears to be a good deal for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • audiguy87audiguy87 Posts: 3
    Thanks for the response Car Man!

Just wanted to post my lease deal I signed a couple of weeks ago for everyone's comparison and reference.

2013 Audi A4 Premium Plus
    Navigation, Sport Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Lighting, B&O sound, Audi Care

36 month
    Cap cost: $40,600
    Residual: 57%
    Money Factor: .00069
    Total drive off including first month's payment: $750
    $519 / month + tax
  • ahjoahahjoah Posts: 1
    hi everyone, I'm looking to lease my first new audi a4. I drive 7500 miles a year and would be happy with an a4 premium. the only options I'd like are the moonroof and glacier white pearl. I live near Milwaukee, wi. please advise as to my best options and things I need to know. I currently drive a lexus es300 1997. thanks so much
  • kmurkmur Posts: 36
    Hello CarMan! You have been very helpful in the past so hoping you can help out once again...

What are the residual and money factor numbers (tier 1) for the A4 Premium Plus for model year 2013 and 2014, 36 months, 12K miles a year.

Dealers are offering good deals on the 13s, but I assume the 14s will start with a higher residual?

Is there any difference in those numbers based on transmission choice (CVT, manual or tiptronic)?

Thanks!
    CarMan:

Can you also run the 39 month lease numbers (MF and residual) for 2013 and 2014 A4s .... A4 Premium Plus for model year 2013 and 2014, 36 months, 12K miles a year.

It seems that the advertised specials right now are for 39 months, not 36.

Thank you.
    You're welcome, audiguy87. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new A4 :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hey kmur. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A4 Premium Plus Sedan without quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00013 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2014 model are .00089 and 54%.

The transmission that you go with should not have any impact upon these numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    The money factors for 39-month leases are the same as they are for 36-month leases (this month at least), but the residual values are 2% lower for the 39-month term.

Audi is waiving the first payment on leases in July.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi CarMan...

Thanks. I was really hoping to get the numbers for the 2014 A4 WITH Quattro. Can you give those numbers when you have a chance? Thanks.
  • mjf5012mjf5012 Posts: 10
    edited July 2013
    Hello,

CarMan, would you please post the money factor and residual for a 42 month lease of a 2013 Audi A4 with Premium Plus?

Thanks.
  • waters96waters96 Posts: 18
    edited July 2013
    Hi Car_Man,

I live in San Francisco and I am a current A4 owner and am in the process of negotiating a new 36 month/12000 mile per year lease on an A4 Premium Plus Quattro with Nav. The MSRP is 42240 and I've negotiated a selling price of 3000 off MSRP, for a total of 39240. Is that decent?

What is the current money factor, and what should the residual be on this lease? I read elsewhere that purchasing AudiCare adds 1% to the residual. Is that true? In my current lease, I paid about $500 for $5000 of "insurance" for extra wear and tear on the car. My damage report came in at about $1500. Seems like that was a good value, but how hardcore is Audi when it comes to enforcing these damages? Should I do it again?

Anything else I should be thinking about in this negotiation that's actually negotiable? Thanks.
  • Hey Car Man,

I was wondering if you knew the MF and Residual for a 2013 Allroad Premium Plus. 10k a year for 36 months. The dealership today told me it was .00167 and 55%.

Thanks!
  • Hi Car Man,

Please let me know if the deal below looks good to you for a 2014 Premium with S Line package for 36 months and $12k miles per year in NJ. It appears that I am getting $1,871 below dealer invoice.

MSRP - $40,395
    Dealer Cost - $38,024.50
    Selling Cost - $36,153.01
    Customer Cash - $1,500
    Dealer Incentive - $1,000
    Buy Rate .001080 / Residual 54%

$445 per month (includes tax)
    Hey kmur. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 A4 Premium Plus Sedan with quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00108 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mjf5012. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00060 and 46% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi waters96. A $3,000 discount on a 2013 Audi A4 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro represents a selling price that's probably right around dealer invoice. Keep in mind that as a returning Audi customer, you are eligible for a $1,000 loyalty cash incentive on this car. If you can get the dealer to subtract the loyalty cash from this you are getting a heck of a deal. If not, you might be able to shave another couple hundred dollars off.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of this car with 15,000 miles per year are .00040 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Purchasing Audi Care does indeed provide a 1% boost to your vehicle's residual value.

I personally never purchase excess wear and tear insurance, but that's more of a personal decision than anything.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do kbl_chicago. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Audi allroad Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00077 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As you can see, the numbers that you were quoted are way out of whack.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi villager11. The selling price and money factor that you were quoted look good to me. This looks like a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • cph2516cph2516 Posts: 1
    villager11, could you tell me what dealer in NJ? I am outside of Philadelphia and we aren't getting that type of number here - willing to travel for the correct deal.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.