Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Sounds excellent! $379/mo. is a great deal either way. I don't need 15K miles, but if that makes the deal better, I'm willing to take it.

What options did you add?

I look forward to getting your full report. Enjoy!
  • This is what I got quoted by the dealer when asked about this new lease special
    MSRP: 33510 (A4 with premium package and non-metallic paint)
    Residual: 73%
    MF: 0.00115 (this might be buy rate + their padding)
    Term: 24 months
    Down: 1300
    Monthly Payment: 379

These numbers don't exactly match when i plug them into the leaseguide.com's lease calculator, maybe due to extra document fees etc. i think i need to negotiate on the money factor part and not do any down payment for cap cost reduction
  • this appears to be a nicely equipped car without the wood package
    there is no down (1300)
    just a 575 bank fee
    unless they're including the tax a security deposit and turn in fee in the 1300
    the padding as you refer to
    is the cars selling price of the deal (this can be negotiated)
    the only extra $ are your states tax on everything taxable
    you need to ask whats the down 1300 represent
    aerosol
  • gbmangbman Posts: 2
    The 1300 isn't likely cap cost or really down, but the out of pocket at close - the $575, plus 1st month of $379 plus a couple hundred bucks for the title and license fees - I was looking into this deal and the actual out of pocket was higher than the $954 on the audi websight because it exlcudes title and dealer fees and it was also in the range of 1300 out of pocket for what its worth. Thats also the same MF I was quoted to get the $379. Note also that the advertised deal has no security deposit.

If anyone is interested, the 30 month deal also looked good - I don't need the high mileage lease and looked at the same deal over 30 months with 10k per year and the payment per month drops about $20 with the same upfronts. Residual value for 30 month 10k deal was 69%, same money factor.

The only reaon I am not jumping on these a4 deals is that I have an older A6 and can't get the trade numbers I need.

Good luck.
  • drjoeddrjoed Posts: 26
    I bought the Brilliant red (no paint upcharge) with Tiptronic, Premium package, Convenience package, Bluetooth and heated front seats. List 36,110 and I paid 34,500. I will give you the specifics on the money factor and residual when I sign the papers tomorrow. Money down: $678 which includes first month payment and title/registration fees. Monthly payment is $448 plus tax for total $475.
  • drjoeddrjoed Posts: 26
    I usually drive less than 10K year but I have a feeling I am going to want to spend more time behind the wheel in this baby!! Also, my lease experiences over the last 20 years have been that the best deals seem to come at this time of year so I want my lease to expire about this time. That is not a "scientific" observation but just seems to me to be true.
  • edrnedrn Posts: 17
    I'm in a quandry, folks... PLease help. My lease on my 2003 330XI is up in 2/07. I love the car. Residual value is 22,800. I'm looking at the A4 lease deal for 24 months at 379.00/month. Resale value of the BMW is 28-30K. Any suggestions. Should I keep the BMW(I only have 29K miles) and buy it or lease the AUdi. I need to decide quickly as the lease deal is up 12/4.
  • vizviz Posts: 50
    I am in the same boat, I have 530i but leased till april 13th and I will be paying at least $2,000 for extra miles :(
    Anyway do the match with Cash outflows and incremental values. For instance, your sunk cost is monthly payment till 2/07, since you cannot avoid that cost, unless you can buy the car and sell it for a profit.
    Will you get 28K/30K for 2003 BMW with 29k miles? I am getting $23,000 for my BMW530i with all options where as I have to buy the car for $28K - loss of 6k.
    How long do you want to keep the BMW, if you want to buy it?
    Thanks,
    Viz
    A4 2.0t quattro at $31540
    premium package $800
    wood trim $400
    heated seats $450
    destination $720
    total $33910
    invoice $31732
    Selling price $32532
    These are the numbers the lease is based on.
    The money factor is.00115
    Monthly $383+ tax; 15k miles/year
    There is no down payment, the only things due at signing will be the first payment, bank fee ($575) and title, plates and fees ($320)

1) Is the above deal any good? What other fators should I consider and how can I bring wn the price?
    2) Are there any dealers selling below invoice? If so please let me know so that I can contact them.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Viz
    Would you please DEALER share the contact info?
    Thanks,
    Viz
  • smanzur, did u go to purdue? ur name sounds so similar to someone i knew back there...
  • Your credit certainly is in good shape, gophaster. Here's the information about Audi's lease program that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T FWD Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00115 and 75%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00115 and 61%. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi again gophaster. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi twnmango. I don't believe that the addition of the S-Line package has any impact upon vehicles' money factors. It does lower vehicles' residual values by 2% though. The money factor that you mentioned is higher than Audi Financial Services' buy rate for a normal 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Avant with the S-Line package. AFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of this vehicle with 15,000 miles per year are .00115 and 68%, respectively. Perhaps the dealer that you are working with is marking this vehicle's money factor up a little bit to make up for the fact that they are selling you this vehicle at invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • You've made a wise choice, catatonic. Audi's lease program on the A4 is much much better than its lease program for the A3. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T FWD Sedan with the S-Line Package with 15,000 miles per year are .00115 and 56%, respectively. The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Welcome a4lease4me. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00115 and 75%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00115 and 61%. Using the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $31,090 and a selling price of $29,500, I estimate that this car's 24 month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $319. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are $349.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi audiavant1. A few weeks ago Audi enhanced its lease program on the 2007 A4 through the end of November. Its lease program on this car is very attractive right now. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Avant with 15,000 miles per year are .00115 and 70%, respectively. Audi's lease program for the A4 varies by trim level, but it is just as attractive for all of the versions of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey mbartels11. Yep, Audi is now advertising a very attractive monthly payment on this car. Not only that, unlike other advertised leases that require large down payments and have very low mileage allowances, this lease is zero down with 15,000 miles per year. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00115 and 73%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi kevin34. While I normally believe that pre-paid maintenance programs are a waste of money a number of manufacturers' captive finance companies provide a boost in the residual values for vehicles that are enrolled in this sort of program. I believe that this may be the case with Audi. If it does provide a residual value boost, this program would almost pay for itself. Check with the F&I person at the dealership that you are working with to see what the difference in lease payment would be for a vehicle leased with and without pre-paid maintenance.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Congratulations on your new car, drjoed. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi edrn. This is a tough call. I normally believe that getting out of leased vehicles early is a big waste of money. However it is difficult to say whether Audi will extend its new special lease program for the A4 past its current December 4th end date.

The lease-end purchase prices of leased vehicle are often more expensive than an identical vehicle would cost if you were to purchase it used. If you are considering purchasing your BMW and keeping it, make sure to compare its purchase option price with its current value on the open market. You may be able to get a good idea of how much this car is worth by looking it up in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com Used Vehicles. If your car's purchase price appears to be too high, you can always try to negotiate with BMW FS to see if they would be willing to lower your car's price or just walk away from your car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Viz. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is right in line with Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for it. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer you are working with is not marking your car's factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. The selling price that you were quoted, $800 over dealer invoice, looks good to me as well. You can always stop by the following discussion to compare it to what others have paid for similar cars lately if you'd like: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Overall I would say that this is a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi smanzur. I am sorry to say that I had to delete your message because it contained your e-mail address. Edmunds.com does not allow community members to post their e-mail addresses in messages. If you want someone to contact you, make your e-mail address in your profile public and tell people to check there. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Car_man,
    Thanks a lot. I was waiting for your response.
    It seems like the dealers in this area are quoting in same range. However, I was just wondering how some people in this forum are quoting Sellig price less than invoice.

Another dilemma - Right now I lease 2003 bmw 530i with all options. I still have 4 payments left. So one option is to pay 4 payments+ 1,000 for mileage and get into leasing A4 now. Another option is buyout of BMW by dealer is 23k but the dealers are only willing to pay 19k according to kbb. However, edmunds, N.A.DA quotes are more than 19k.
    What should I do? Is this the best deal for Audi now? Now I started to looking at Lexus since they might pay higher for the car. Catch 22 situation :(
    Thanks.
  • My old Audi was on it's last legs so I went to the dealer and worked this deal for a 24 month lease.. Not sure how good of a deal I got but it seems fair?

2007 A4 Sedan 2.0T Quattro AT6
    MSRP 31,540
    Ibis white N/C
    Beige Int N/C
    6-Speed Auto trans Tiptronic(r)
    Audi Nav Plus 2100.00
    Convenience Package 1900.00
    Premium Package 1900.00
    Multi-Function Streering wheel 690.00
    BlueTooth 500.00
    Heated front seats 450.00
    Beige Birch wood trim 400.00
    Sport Suspension 250.00
    > Dest Charge 750.00
    Total - 40,450

500.00 from a trade in taken off the auto price, 2500.00 pays tax and Lic and 419.00 + Tax per month for 24 months, 15k miles a year.

Gross Auto Price 37,488.00
    Cap Reduc cost 14,440.57
    Adj Cap Cost 36,047.43
    Residual Value 28,871.50
    Depreciation 07,175.93
    Rent Charge 02,882.47
    Total Of Base 10,058.40
    lease term 24mo
    15k Miles per year

This is my first lease, not sure how I did? 5k Service free and free car wash at dealer

Thanks,

Dil
  • Thanks Car_man. You mentioned on another post that Audi has enhanced its lease programs through November. Do you think they will maintain these rates until the end of the year or get better (worse) next month? Is there such thing as a best time of the year to lease this car?

Also, if I cannot find the exact options combo at any local dealer and have to special order the car, should I expect any extra fees with it?

Thanks again.
    Hi.
    I heard a rumor that specials on Audi is going to be better in December. Can someone validate that for me? I am ready to buy A4.

BTW, when I test drove A4 2.0T tiptronic, when merging onto highway, its quite noisy. Did someone observe that? Any comments?

Thanks,
    Viz
  • Hi, I'm in a bit of a dilema and hope you can help. I have 3 options and I'm not sure which is best:

1. '06 Audi A4 w/ Sunroof, Premium package, tech package, and Navigation package. MSRP=37,135. Negotiated down to 33,500 and with my trade-in a little over $31,000. Monthly payments= $600
    2. '07 Audi A4 standard. Lease. Monthly payments= $359
    3. '06 Saab 9-3 (loaner car with approx. 400 miles). MSRP= $23,700. Negotiated down to $21,000 and with my trade in= $19,000. Monthly payments=$385.
    Looking at the numbers on Audi website for A4 quattro 2T , 379/month deal...Whats wrong with the calculation. I dont get 379...However, if I put in my dealer numbers, its correct.
    Res value is 73% of MSRP

MSRP -33510
    cap cost -33510
    Res value - 24462.3
    term -24 months
    MF -0.00115
    M.Int- 66.668145
    M.Dep - 376.9875
    Payment - 443.655645
    I saw this formula in some other forum.
    (Capitalized Cost – Residual Value) / Term = Monthly Depreciation
    (Capitalized Cost + Residual Value) X Money Factor = Monthly Interest
    Monthly Depreciation + Monthly Interest = Base Monthly Payment
  • leensleens Posts: 4
    Hey Viz,
    Did you get any info on the better December lease program for audi? I am ready to purchase and only have til Saturday for the lease promotion now. Don't want to miss a better deal
This discussion has been closed.