Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi Kevin. This car's lease program varies by term. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Avant is .00082 in the Central and Eastern U.S. and .00093 in the rest of the country. Its 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for this model is 56%. These numbers would be good on an ordered vehicle, but unless you are able to lock them in you will have to use the lease program that is available when you physically take delivery of your vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I'm not sure if AFS has a multiple security deposit program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome raptorfan. This particular discussion is for community members to discuss leasing the Audi A4. Please post any questions that you have about leasing the Q7 in the following discussion: "Audi Q7: Lease Questions".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're welcome. I'm not sure how much the Audi Maintenance Plan costs for shorter terms. I know that you can roll the cost of the plan into your vehicle's capitalized cost to bake it into your monthly payment, but I doubt that it can be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome dyoungs. You're right, this deal does appear to be $1,800 or so over invoice. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for this car in your area right now, but dealers tend to try to get as much as they can for convertibles as we head out of winter and into the spring. There is enough room here that it wouldn't hurt to comparison shop a little bit to see if you can beat this price, but you may not be able to.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of this car is .00175. It will waive its security deposit requirement for it in exchange for an increase of .00015 in the money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi eurosnob. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Avant is .00082 in the Central and Eastern U.S. and .00093 in the rest of the country. If you opt to have your security deposit waived, it will increase these factors by .00015. If you are being charged any more than this, the dealer that you are working with is likely trying to mark your car's factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dyoungs. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Convertible without quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and 64%, respectively. If you opt to have your car's security deposit waived, the money factor would be .00015 higher. So the dealer that told you that this vehicle's money factor is .00185 was marking it up to add additional hidden profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings Giampiero. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello audiseeker. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi ekazatsky. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 2007 A4 2.0T Cabriolet without quattro is .00150. The buy rate for the quattro version is .00175. If you opt to have your security deposit waived, the factors would be .00015 higher than this.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Car_M -- Your urgent attention requested on this deal: A4 Avant 2.0T quattro auto., with prem. pkg., heated seats, front filler plate. Lease based on 36mos., 12,000 miles with MSRP $34,510 and selling price $32,876. $418.04/mos including all taxes, fees, downpayment, Total down from me: $2,695 ($1,195 trade equity and $1,500 cash). MF quoted: .00097 (sec. dep. included) and resid. of 56%. Request for complimentary HomeLink installation denied. Please assess -- closing this deal tomorrow morning at 10:30 am.
  • Hi i was wondering what the current lease rates are on the 2.0t quattro manual sedan? Do you think Audi will be running another lease special soon like the one that just ended?
  • dyoungsdyoungs Posts: 4
    Thanks Car_man -- you were dead on. You showed why it pays to get quotes on the same car from multiple dealers. The "money factors are set by Audi Financial and I can't negotiate off of them" push back I got from the dealer who quoted the .00185 immediately went away when I said the other dealer was quoting me .00150 and that I was "confused." We finalized a 36 mo/10,000 miles per year deal for the car at .00150 and 64 % based on a purchase price of $39,358. I'm happy with the vehicle, and following your tips saved me some real money. Thanks again!
  • archerzarcherz Posts: 1
    Hi Guys -
    First time CarSpace user.
    Have just started looking at a 2007 Audi A4 lease. From what I've been able to assess from this forum, what I've been quoted doesn't look like a very good deal. Here are the numbers with dealer comments. And my correspondence back to them.
    Please advise. Thanks.

Dealer email to me:
    New 2007 Audi A4 Avant 6 speed auto
    Phantom Black (premium color) Ebony interior
    Cold weather pkg
    Convenience pkg
    Premium audio w/satellite radio
    Bluetooth phone prep
    S line sport pkg
    MSRP $41,785
    Selling price $40,500 plus dmv
    In both scenarios below I’ve also factored in the Audi care at $550. Audi financial allows a 1% increase to the balloon/residual with this option, payment goes up about $5. a month~ This covers your factory scheduled maintainance for 48 months or 50,000 miles.

Residual/balloon percentage on both with Audi care 15,000 miles a year is 53%
    MF on lease .00148 with security deposit waiver
    Interest rate on premier purchase 4.10%

36 month lease with $2,500 driveoffs (arbitrary number, can be less)
    Cap cost $39,949
    Payment $586.44
    DMV $238
    Cap red $1,338.56
    Bank fee $575
    $2500 total
    Residual $22,146.05

Premier purchase with $2,500 down payment 15,000 miles a year factoring in the Audi care at $550
    Financing $38,788
    Payment is $569.69 finance charge is $3867.25 if taken to term. (no prepayment penalty on the premier purchase. Balloon is $22,146.05

Addressing the price I believe I’m being very aggressive right up front on this ‘S’ line avant. Our typical discount on these wagons was about $500 due to the limited availability, this price I’ve quoted you is also well below our Costco pricing on this model.

Here is the email i sent back to the dealer:
    Invoice on the car that you describe, according to Edmunds, is $38,634. That's $1,866 over invoice on your deal. CarSpace/Edmunds is stating that we shouldn't be paying more than $1,000 over invoice and they are seeing some deals out there as low as $500 over invoice. Considering all this info, and the fact that the car is already on your lot, I think the deal should be better.

On the lease side, CarSpace/Edmunds as of yesterday stated that the Audi Financial Services current buy rate lease money on a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles is .00082. and that the dealer shouldn't be marking this up.

Thanks for your help CarSpace!
  • I just closed on my brilliant black/ebony interior A4 Avant w/ prem. pkg. last Saturday but it was not the S line and did not have the tech package. The dealer here in Columbus had to go to Indy to pick it up on dealer trade. These cars are not at all common so the deals are not to be had. At least you have located one that is sitting on a lot. Since I did not receive any feedback on my quote from this forum (good luck hearing back in a timely manner). Final deal was MSRP of $34,510 and out the door of $32,876 for 36 mos/12K miles. My MF was .00097 with resid. of 56%. I pulled and prayed and settled for $418 a month with tax, fees, the 2% residual inflation on all Avants and $2,600 down including $1,195 in trade equity. I made the mistake of having a car with trade equity in my deal and it probably cost me in the negotiation. The sales ad that hooked me was the A4's 36mos/10K miles $349/mos deal with $2,999 down and I ended up at $386 a month before taxes. What's done is done.
  • edwardsfedwardsf Posts: 187
    78 Carolian - Thanks for that post as I am also interested in an Avant. First, your deal does not seem bad. My understanding is that the money factor is higher for Avants than sedans. Is that your understanding too? Carman, is that true.

Second, it looks like you got the pretty typical (for savvy Edmunds folks) about $1700 under MSRP. Since you got an Avant and a rare one at that, sounds like you did well. But what is the 2% residual inflation number that you mention? Also, why do you report two monthly payments?
  • Edwardsf - The finance guy at the dealer told me the Avants depreciate 2% more than the sedan. It was not a negotiable point. The reason I listed the "before taxes" payment of $386 was to illustrate how far away I ended up from the teaser ad of $349 a month. $418 is my monthly payment with taxes, fees, etc.
  • jbeckrjbeckr Posts: 21
    Leasing can be hard to figure out. Is this a fair deal?

2007 A4 2.0T. 6spd manual. Premium package. Quartz grey paint. Walnut trim. MSRP 30635.

36 month lease, 12000 mi/yr. Drive off of 837.10.
    Lease rate 0.00158

Monthly payments 494.35

Love the car.

Alternately, the dealer found the same car but with the convenience package also included for an MSRP of 32390. With same money factor, lease duration and mileage, the drive off is 979.49 and the monthly payment is 626.74

Your help appreciated.
    Okay, thanks. But why did he tack it on to the MF instead of the residual? That is, Carman says lease rate is 93 and residual 56, and you are paying 97 and 56.

Thanks again for the info. I have been quoted about $800 over Edmunds invoice and $200 over TMV. They seem to be shy about quoting MF and residual over the internet. I won't phone them and that seems to bother them.
  • Edwardsf -- We started our negotiation with the Audi Financial MF of .00082 but they tacked on .00015 because of the $350 downpayment that I didn't want to come up with. I had already put too much cash and trade equity in the deal and made the mistake of being a "payment buyer." The finance guy did run the #'s on me coming up with another $350 (and having the MF remain at .00082) or them tacking on an additional .00015 and it was about even.
  • Hi! I have a 2004 Audi A4 with 49,XXX miles on the car. I leased the car in May 2004 for $270 per month (inc. taxes) on a 4 yr, 10,000mi plan.

I still got a year to go on my lease and am looking to try to turn it back into audi to pick up a new a4. I guess the question is: What kind of penalties or fees am I most likely going to be tacked with by trying to break the lease early, as well as being over on mileage. Would the dealerships be "willing" to take a hit for me if i bought another audi through them?

I heard if the leasing was ending and I was over on mileage and were probably to lease another audi that it would be easy to get the overage on mileage taken care of. But then again I do still have a year left.

Please advise. Thanks again. Of course if the penalties are too high, I can just wait till next year, but would like to pick up another car.

Thanks again in advance!
  • jburleigjburleig Posts: 16
    Hello. I'm new to the forum. I apologize if this question has come up before, but does anyone know if/where Audi publishes its current money factors and residuals on leases? I was hoping to know this before talking specifics with a dealer. I'm interested in A4's and possibly A3's. My wife in in their "supplier program" because she does legal work for Audi. I'm hoping that might mean some attractive terms, but the paperwork on the program is inspecific.
    Carman and all: Here is a quote from a SoCal dealer. How does it look?

2007 Audi A4 Avant
    Premium package, Pearl paint, Bose Stereo, Blue Tooth, Sports Suspension
    3 year, 10,000 mile lease

MSRP $34685.00
    Price $32740.00.
    Residual 57%
    Money Factor .00093.

Monthly Payment?

He first sent me $353.27 but he had wanted $2000.00 down and I rejected a down payment and asked for price, MF and residual. Then he gave me the above info without the monthly. (This price seems pretty good. I am wondering if he thought this was the sedan.)
  • Thanks for the great info once again...yep, you've helped with at least 5, and probably more people that I've pointed to these forums (although I re-registered again only recently). I also have a question about the Mini Cooper, so hopefully I'll see you over on that thread when you get a chance.

bgates222, "MINI Cooper: Lease Questions" #65, 16 Nov 2006 8:09 pm
  • tizzletizzle Posts: 8
    Greetings Carman!! My 2004 Audi A4 1.8T's lease is to expire next month. We are currently 16000 miles under our allowed mileage. We would like to just drive a A4 2.0T with premium package and heated front seats off the lot paying the same lease as we have on our '04 383.84/month. Do you think the dealer where we leased the car from would allow us to do this? What is the best way to be properly compensated for our delivering the car significantly under mileage? Thanks.
  • edogg1edogg1 Posts: 13
    I need help. I want a A4 2.0 quattro, CVT, Sport, Titanium, Blue Tooth, Convenience, Navigation, Sirius radio. The TMV price is 39,666. I want to put $3500 out of pocket (to reduce my payments), 12K Miles per year, Audi maintenance, for 36 months. I would assume since the car is about the same price as the advertised A4 3.2 lease special that my payment would be similar but the dealer is saying the monthly is $500 per month including tax.
  • edogg1edogg1 Posts: 13
    I am also trying to decide between the 2.0 fully loaded with S Line package or a fully loaded 3.2 non S-Line. Besides the s line logo, what else is cosmetically different?
  • dino001dino001 Tampa, FLPosts: 3,541
    It is better to keep the money, put it in an account and pay more monthly. Cap cost reduction benefits the bank disproportionally to the lessee, because if the car gets totalled early on you'll see nothing out of that money down. Since all good leases have GAP included in the payment anyway, the negative equity does not affect you. So keep the money in the bank and pay more per month.

2012 BMW 328i wagon, manual and sports package. No. sold in the US: 1. Probably.

• A4 Avant w/ metallic paint, convenience pkg, premium pkg, bluetooth, heated seats, tire press system, man. sunshades. MSRP = $37,035 Edmunds invoice = $34,302

-36 month lease @ 12K per year
    -"Internet special" price: $34,797
    -$350 "processing fee" which the dealer says is taxed
    as part of sale price
    -$575 acquisition fee
    -.00093 MF
    -59% residual w/ purchase of Audi Care (58 without)

Seems to me that the $350 "processing fee" is really an addition to the sales price (particularly since they are claiming it will be taxed as such), BUT I'm wondering even with this charge if this is a reasonable offer on this vehicle. . .

If not, should my next step be to demand elimination of the fee or to make a counter offer in which I reduce the sales price?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,584
    About $850 over invoice with the fee.. You may be able to get the price down by the amount of the fee, but that is probably it... so, your price now looks good...

For a reality check, what payment are you quoted with these parameters, and what is the amount due at signing?

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Does anyone know the current residual and money factor for a 2007 Audi A4 2.0t Fronttrak Manual w/ S-Line package?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.