Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi edrn. This is a tough call. I normally believe that getting out of leased vehicles early is a big waste of money. However it is difficult to say whether Audi will extend its new special lease program for the A4 past its current December 4th end date.

The lease-end purchase prices of leased vehicle are often more expensive than an identical vehicle would cost if you were to purchase it used. If you are considering purchasing your BMW and keeping it, make sure to compare its purchase option price with its current value on the open market. You may be able to get a good idea of how much this car is worth by looking it up in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com Used Vehicles. If your car's purchase price appears to be too high, you can always try to negotiate with BMW FS to see if they would be willing to lower your car's price or just walk away from your car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Viz. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is right in line with Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for it. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer you are working with is not marking your car's factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. The selling price that you were quoted, $800 over dealer invoice, looks good to me as well. You can always stop by the following discussion to compare it to what others have paid for similar cars lately if you'd like: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Overall I would say that this is a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi smanzur. I am sorry to say that I had to delete your message because it contained your e-mail address. Edmunds.com does not allow community members to post their e-mail addresses in messages. If you want someone to contact you, make your e-mail address in your profile public and tell people to check there. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • vizviz Posts: 50
    Car_man,
    Thanks a lot. I was waiting for your response.
    It seems like the dealers in this area are quoting in same range. However, I was just wondering how some people in this forum are quoting Sellig price less than invoice.

Another dilemma - Right now I lease 2003 bmw 530i with all options. I still have 4 payments left. So one option is to pay 4 payments+ 1,000 for mileage and get into leasing A4 now. Another option is buyout of BMW by dealer is 23k but the dealers are only willing to pay 19k according to kbb. However, edmunds, N.A.DA quotes are more than 19k.
    What should I do? Is this the best deal for Audi now? Now I started to looking at Lexus since they might pay higher for the car. Catch 22 situation :(
    Thanks.
  • My old Audi was on it's last legs so I went to the dealer and worked this deal for a 24 month lease.. Not sure how good of a deal I got but it seems fair?

2007 A4 Sedan 2.0T Quattro AT6
    MSRP 31,540
    Ibis white N/C
    Beige Int N/C
    6-Speed Auto trans Tiptronic(r)
    Audi Nav Plus 2100.00
    Convenience Package 1900.00
    Premium Package 1900.00
    Multi-Function Streering wheel 690.00
    BlueTooth 500.00
    Heated front seats 450.00
    Beige Birch wood trim 400.00
    Sport Suspension 250.00
    > Dest Charge 750.00
    Total - 40,450

500.00 from a trade in taken off the auto price, 2500.00 pays tax and Lic and 419.00 + Tax per month for 24 months, 15k miles a year.

Gross Auto Price 37,488.00
    Cap Reduc cost 14,440.57
    Adj Cap Cost 36,047.43
    Residual Value 28,871.50
    Depreciation 07,175.93
    Rent Charge 02,882.47
    Total Of Base 10,058.40
    lease term 24mo
    15k Miles per year

This is my first lease, not sure how I did? 5k Service free and free car wash at dealer

Thanks,

Dil
  • Thanks Car_man. You mentioned on another post that Audi has enhanced its lease programs through November. Do you think they will maintain these rates until the end of the year or get better (worse) next month? Is there such thing as a best time of the year to lease this car?

Also, if I cannot find the exact options combo at any local dealer and have to special order the car, should I expect any extra fees with it?

Thanks again.
    Hi.
    I heard a rumor that specials on Audi is going to be better in December. Can someone validate that for me? I am ready to buy A4.

BTW, when I test drove A4 2.0T tiptronic, when merging onto highway, its quite noisy. Did someone observe that? Any comments?

Thanks,
    Viz
  • Hi, I'm in a bit of a dilema and hope you can help. I have 3 options and I'm not sure which is best:

1. '06 Audi A4 w/ Sunroof, Premium package, tech package, and Navigation package. MSRP=37,135. Negotiated down to 33,500 and with my trade-in a little over $31,000. Monthly payments= $600
    2. '07 Audi A4 standard. Lease. Monthly payments= $359
    3. '06 Saab 9-3 (loaner car with approx. 400 miles). MSRP= $23,700. Negotiated down to $21,000 and with my trade in= $19,000. Monthly payments=$385.
    Looking at the numbers on Audi website for A4 quattro 2T , 379/month deal...Whats wrong with the calculation. I dont get 379...However, if I put in my dealer numbers, its correct.
    Res value is 73% of MSRP

MSRP -33510
    cap cost -33510
    Res value - 24462.3
    term -24 months
    MF -0.00115
    M.Int- 66.668145
    M.Dep - 376.9875
    Payment - 443.655645
    I saw this formula in some other forum.
    (Capitalized Cost – Residual Value) / Term = Monthly Depreciation
    (Capitalized Cost + Residual Value) X Money Factor = Monthly Interest
    Monthly Depreciation + Monthly Interest = Base Monthly Payment
  • leensleens Posts: 4
    Hey Viz,
    Did you get any info on the better December lease program for audi? I am ready to purchase and only have til Saturday for the lease promotion now. Don't want to miss a better deal
  • edrnedrn Posts: 17
    Thanks Car_Man for your advice. I think I'm going to hold out until the end of my lease to make a decision.I'm sure I'll be contacting you again.... :shades:
    Well, I wish we know for sure. Someone told me its going to be better. I went another dealer yesterday and he feels this is the best promotion and it cant get better. He thinks this promotion might continue but guarantee....
    Sorry..I dont have a straight answer.
    Thanks.
    Viz
  • Just wanted to share my experience.

I am coming off my lease tomorrow 11/30, my vehicle was inspected previously so all I need to do is turn it in. On Saturday 11/25 I call my local AUDI dealer to schedule an appointment to bring in the car. This is when the dealer(mohegan lake motors in Westchester) told me that they will not accept a lease return from someone who did not buy the car from them!! I called AUDI financial and they confirmed that the dealership is not required to take the vehicle unless they sold it!!

Now I am a little angry because the dealer where I bought the car is about 50 miles from my home(Town motors in Englewood NJ). I call and ask to make an appointment to return the car. The salesman that answered the phone told me I didn't need an appointment, just come in anytime 9-5 Monday-Friday, just call an hour ahead to let them know I was coming in.

Today my wife and I take off of work to bring the car in, I call the dealer at 10AM get transferred around and end up leaving a message for the sales manager. After waiting for a call back for 30 minutes I call again, this time I speak to a salesman who says they only accept lease returns on Monday and Friday, after a brief argument I end up with the managers voice mail again. Another 30 minutes goes by, My wife calls the dealer, this time a salesman tells her they are too busy to take any lease returns today and she get transferred to the sales manager and big surprise gets his voice mail. So I call AUDI financial, I get put on hold for about 10 minutes after explaining my situation, then I am told that they are working on it can they call me back.

At 12:30 the sales manager finally called me back, after arguing with him for 15 minutes he agrees to take the car tomorrow at 9AM, so my wife and I have to take another day off tomorrow. The person at AUDI financial still has not called me back.

And AUDI charges $350 to terminate a lease!!! I can say with certainty that I will never lease or buy another AUDI.
  • dino001dino001 Tampa, FLPosts: 3,432
    And AUDI charges $350 to terminate a lease!!!

This is nothing special. Almost everybody does that.

2012 BMW 328i wagon, manual and sports package. No. sold in the US: 1. Probably.

• And AUDI charges $350 to terminate a lease!!!

This is nothing special. Almost everybody does that.

Think you missed my point. 6 hours on the phone and 2 days off from work and I get to pay $350.
    This was my 4th lease turn in, never had I had this kind of hassle. Ford, Pontiac, Mitsubishi never had to pay lease termination, didnt have to return to same dealer I bought the car from and one phone call was all it took to set up a turn in. Now I lease a "Luxury Car" and there is nothing but hassles. As for everyone does that, this is the first time I have ever paid a lease termination charge, however I would not mind the charge if they did anything for it.
  • I want to lease Audi A4 via 1pay lease. Do I still need above average credit score if I make the entire lease payment in advance? Should the payment be less than all the lease payments over 24 months combined?

Thanks.
  • just got back from santa monica audi. heres the deal i got. let me know what you think:

2007 Audi A4 2.0T CVT with 35 miles on it, Black ext/ Ebony int.
    Options: Navigation, Premium Package, Audio Package, Wood Trim, Bluetooth, Convenience Package
    msrp:$37,060
    mf: .00115
    residual: 72%
    term: 24 months with option to extend up to 6 additional months with no additional fees
    miles: 15k/yr
    $ paid at signing: $1640 (575 acq. fee, 343 cap cost reduction, 400 1st month payment, and 300 license fees)
    monthly payment: $400
    $350 due at lease end if I don't lease/buy another audi or vw

All in all, it was a pretty good experience. Got initial quotes over the phone, drove it the next day and closed the deal that night. car is being delivered to my home tomorrow morning!

What do you think?
  • I think that's a great deal -- better than the one I got last week. I got an '07 2.0T with heated seats, sunroof, metalic paint and wood trim for $395/month x 24 months with no money down. I thought my deal was fair, but yours is far better.
  • I am looking on the following deal for Friday PM:

Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T Deep Blue Metallic Pearl
    Premium Package
    Winter Package

MSRP 34,310
    36 months
    15000 miles
    59% residual 20242

$2415.68 down (Doc fee $84, Aquisition $575, NY Tire Fee $12.50, Tax $1294.65)

payment $449.53

Dealer to pay off last two payments ($389 ea) on current lease.

What do you think?

Also, my old car 2003 A4 is over miles. They are telling me I owe milage overage, and the car needs new tires. Any ideas on this? (not complaining, just checking).
  • Hey Guys,

Just leased a 2007 Deep Sea Blue A4 6 Speed Quattro after reading this site from 12am to 6am last night =). Since this is my first leased vehicle I learned as much as I could but there are allot of number on this lease agreement. What numbers do I need to post so you guys can look over it and reassure me that I got a good deal?

Thanks!

-Chris
This discussion has been closed.