Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    aka5aka5 Member Posts: 24
    Hi Mazdabuyer,
    I am on the verge of placing an order for an Audi with those specs. Got the car buyers info from consumer reports and the invoice price is $35,933. If i were to buy it,the price i negotiated is, $500 over invoice($36,433.) Money factor 0.00139,residual 74%. On a 2yr,12,0000 mile lease. The salesman said it would be around $477 a month but it might be less by the time the car arrives from Germany.
  • Options
    Sorry! The correct money factor is 0.00135
  • Options
    mazdabuyermazdabuyer Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the info. How much would you be putting down to get the monthly payment of $477?
  • Options
    You're welcome. About $1,800. He also said that if the rates go down the monthly payment would be lower. I'm not sure but i think in the beginning of the year the car business is slow maybe. How much are you putting down? (Which state are you in?)
  • Options
    Hi Car man, Hi kyfdx,
    Need some help urgently,please. I am thinking about leasing an A4,2006,tiptronic,quattro,sun pckg,tech,premium,dolphin grey paint. MSRP $39,290. Getting it for $36,635,money factor 00147,residual 74%. 2yr lease and 12,000 miles per year. Would not get it untill about Feb 06. As it is now what would the monthly payment be? He also said that by the time the car arrives i might get a better rate.
  • Options
    elle121elle121 Member Posts: 4
    Hello there. Just wanted to you if you could tell me what kind of leasing price would be best and if I got a good deal. I am set to pick up an A4 3.2 artic white with beige interior and wood paneling. It has the Tech package, sunroof package, cold package, Navigation with DVD, and Audio package all for 41548. Lease payments given were with $5000.00 down and $470.00 a month. Is the deal good? Also I was offered a premier purchase deal at $monthly payment of $476.00 with the same $5000 down.

Please let me know what you think.

-Elle
  • Options
    elle121elle121 Member Posts: 4
    Oh and its a tiptronic
  • Options
    I am putting down $2.389.21 and I am in WA.
  • Options
    hobbitfanhobbitfan Member Posts: 2
    I hope to lease a 2006 3.2 Avant and also live in Orange County. Where did you lease the vehicle? Do you recommend a particular salesperson?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,200
    Sorry.. no salesperson information allowed in the forums.. Dealership name, city and state only..

Please refer to the Rules of the Road on the left hand side of the page.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    chiaudiguychiaudiguy Member Posts: 15
    hey guys! i've been browsing these messages for the last week and finally made it do the dealer. you guys have been extremely helpful.

i'm in the market for an a4 quattro, 2.0L.

in trying to extend the lease deal to 3 yr and 15k, they quoted me a residual value of 59% with the money factor of 0.00139. i guess i understand the residual will drop from the 76% level you get with the 24mo/10k deal, but i really have no point of reference if this is reasonable.

the salesman claimed the residual figures are all set by audi financial, and could not be negotiated. true?

seems like a decent deal, but just wanted to be sure...

thanks again.
  • Options
    A 24mo/15K lease deal likely has a residual of 73%.. If this is the case and the money factor is the same for 24 and 36 month leases... then, I'd go with the 24 month lease... A difference of 14% over 12 months will likely favor the shorter term.

That is an unusual occurrence, but when it happens, it is best to take advantage of it.. The downside is you will be back in the market in only two years..

Car_man has the residual and money factor information for these leases.... but, residuals are set in stone by the bank.. the dealer cannot change them.. Money factors are set by the bank, as well, but dealers have the option of marking them up for increased profit... however, they can't go below the factor set by the bank.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    chiaudiguychiaudiguy Member Posts: 15
    i'm new to leasing... so i guess my question is do you think the 3 year residual percent of 59% for 36mo/15k is part of the competitive offer, or do you figure i could get this rate year-round.

i guess i'm fresh off the home mortgage circuit, and the idea of "locking-in" to a good lease rate for 3 years sounds appealing, especially if the deal sounds this rare.

(ps- is the deal this rare?)

thanks again...
  • Options
    The 3-year lease program is good (residuals good, money factor great)... the 2-year program is exceptional (residuals and money factor are both great)...

I'm not really in the prognostication business... Lease deals can be changed monthly, and when they are running an especially attractive program, they sometimes go away, once sales expectations are met..

If you are in the market for this car, this would be a good time to lease it.. I would just have a hard time taking the 36 month lease over the 24 month lease right now...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rubiog74rubiog74 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know what the money factors and residuals look like for the 2006 S4? I am looking for 24mo. and 15K miles and 36mo. and 15K miles.

Thanks..
  • Options
    rubiog74rubiog74 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know what the money factors and residuals look like for the 2006 S4? I am looking for 24mo. and 15K miles and 36mo. and 15K miles.

Thanks..
  • Options
    alexs1alexs1 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    What are current residual and money factors for a new 2006 Audi A4 2.0, 24 months, 12k miles?
    I was quoted 75% residual and 0.00139 money factor.
    I was also told no factory to dealer cash back on this model.
    Does that seem accurate to you?
    Thanks for all your answers on this forum.
  • Options
    Hi Car-Man & kyfdx. Are you able to reply to my original post #255. The car should be arriving next week, and I am still interested to see whether this is a good deal or not.

Many thanks!
  • Options
    wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    The deals were suppose to end at the end of November.

Any ideas on what they are for December?

Also, I thought it was 75% for the 2-year, 10k miles/yr deal for the FWD and 76% for the Quattro.
  • Options
    chiquitachiquita Member Posts: 18
    hi wco81, i just leasd an A4 yesterday Nov 30th... i had been to two dealers.. well i got the car at one dealer and the other dealer who wanted my sale called me today December 1st 05 and left a message "dont know if you got a car yet, but the lease incentive deals have been extended to the end of next month"....... so they still may be on!? According to this dealer
    they told me A4 quattro sedans were 0.00139 and 10K at 76%, 12K at 75% 24 month.
    The Avant A4 quattro wagon had even better residuals at 78% 10 K and 77% 12K !!! Avant MF at 0.00185. :D
  • Options
    Thanks.

I scheduled a test drive this Sunday with the guy I'd been emailing about leases and he didn't warn me that it would be ending at the end of October so we'll see.
  • Options
    demars581demars581 Member Posts: 16
    Hi,
    I got a price for an A4 2.0T Q with Sunroof Package, Auto, and Heated front seats (in NJ). It is a 24 month lease with nothing down with 15k per year. The monthly payment is $423 (including 6% sales tax) with around $1360 due at signing. Is this a good price? Is there further room to negotiate?

Thanks!
  • Options
    wilt1wilt1 Member Posts: 13
    demars581 Begining of Nov. got a similar deal in N.J. Audi A4 2.0 quattro Auto with Premium Package, sunroof pack, cold weather pack, and xm radio pack. total msrp 35,660.00. put down 1,350.00 24 month lease 12,000mi. $430.00 a month including tax. Not many in stock vehicles to choose from though had to settle for second color choice black w/ ebony interior.
  • Options
    On the audiusa.com site, the lease deal said it's good until Jan. 4.

But the regional sites seem to lag behind. The bayareaaudidealers.com site still says Nov. 30.

Since the deal is coming from AFS, presumably it's good all across the nation through Dec.
  • Options
    casanova2casanova2 Member Posts: 40
    First off, great service you provide to the readers of this and other forums, keep up the good work!

Local Audi dealer here in Cleveland has the 24-mo lease offer on the Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Sedan with base MSRP on the auto transmission of $30,940. Money factor is 0.00139 as others describe with 76% residual for 10,000mi/yr or 75% for 12,000mi/yr.

In addition, I asked about making extra deposits and they are offering a discount of 0.00008 on the money factor for each extra month's deposit. I calculate that the two-year return on this comes out to nearly 30%, very sweet indeed. So if I give Audi an extra $3,800 or so I get roughly a $900 discount - and get my money back in just 24 months. Let CDs beat that!

Out of interest I looked at the Mazda 3s Grand Touring that has a MSRP of $22,400. It's $10,000 cheaper but Mazda's finance rates suck compared to Audi's - the lease comes out to $352/mo on this car, barely below Audi's awesome rate. I tried bargaining with the dealer but no go, he knows he'll sell the 3s without problems. Interestingly he told me that the residual value at 36 months was just 50% - I argued that 57% - 59% was closer to the truth but he said "Don't believe everything you read on line." Shifty or am I just imagining it?

I am leaning towards the Audi with the MSDs, great car at a great price, I can get an effective interest rate of just over 1% and a residual of 75% for 12,000mi/yr. Is there anything with a better deal on at the moment in this segment?
  • Options
    One question about MSDs?

If the car gets totaled or stolen, do you get your MSDs back?

Or is it like putting down big downpayments on a lease and you're out of luck if the car gets stolen?
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi aka5. I'd be happy to estimate what the lease payment should be like on this car for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro with an MSRP of $39,290 and a selling price of $36,635 through Audi Financial Services right now for 2 years with 12,000 miles per, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $391.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Hi Elle. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

The one thing about this deal that humps out at me is the large down payment that you are making. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your A4 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $5,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Greetings rubiog74. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi S4 Sedan through Audi Financial Services right now for 2 years with 15,000 miles per, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00260 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00260 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    You're welcome alexs1. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00139 and 75%, respectively...just like you were quoted. What you were told about the dealer cash is correct. Audi is providing dealer cash on leftover 2005 models to help dealers clear them out, but it is not currently providing any sort of dealer cash on 2006 models.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi mazdabuyer. The lease money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this car are in line with Audi Financial Services' lease program for it. This is a good thing. $500 over invoice is a good price, too. It is difficult for me to tell you if they payment that you were quoted is accurate though without knowing exactly what this car's selling price is. Let me know and I'll do some calculations for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi demars581. The lease payment that you were quoted for this car looks reasonable to me. I can give you a more detailed analysis of this deal if you let me know what the exact MSRP and selling price of this car are.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks casanova2. I'm glad that you enjoy this discussion so much. You are absolutely right, Audi Financial Services' multiple security deposit program is a good deal. You will get a much better return on your money by making the multiple deposits than you would by investing it, unless you are an investment genius like Warren Buffet.

The Mazda dealer that you spoke with was right. This car's 3 year, 15,000 miles per residual values are right around 50% right now. It's not a very good vehicle to lease when you combine its average residual values with its even worse lease money factors. You would be much better off leasing the Audi A4. As far as other vehicles in this segment that have attractive lease programs available on them, take a look at the 2006 BMW 3-Series. BMW is running some very attractive 2 year leases on it right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi wco81. Multiple security deposits are different than down payments. I believe that consumers whose vehicles are considered a total loss for insurance purposes would still get their security deposits back. Just to be safe though it wouldn't hurt to check with the bank that you are leasing through to make sure.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Dealer looked up a car in Santa Barbara (I'm in Norther CA) which would be a 2.0CVT, Premium, Sunroof, Cold and Tech Package with Bluetooth.

MSRP including destination and the metallic paint would be $35,460. As he worked through the price, he claimed he would be giving me $500 over invoice plus $300 for transport costs. So that implies $800 over invoice.

Option #1: $1350 drive off and 382.38 per month plus CA tax of 8.25% (or 413.93) for 24 months, 20k miles.

Option #2: $712.61 drive off and 408.88 per month plus 8.25% tax (or 442.61).

Total lease costs including drive off, 23 monthly lease payments with tax and $350 Disposition Fee are $11,221 for Option #1 and $11,243 for Option #2.

For some reason, I thought I could do around $10k or $1000 less than these.

On the printouts, it lists Gross Cap Cost as 34,374. On Option #1, there is a Cap Reduction of 615.31 resulting in a Net Cap Cost of 33,759. On Option #2, there is no Cap Reduction so the Net Cap Cost is 34,374.

So where is this $800 over invoice?

Plus in one of the screens, it looked like he was using a MF of .00152. When I pointed out the AFS buy rate was .00139, he said they were making a bit more back for giving me a low price. But it doesn't seem that way. He said it was actually a difference of about $9 a month between .00152 and .00139.

Now the other quote I had a couple of weeks back was for a 2.0T CVT, Silver, Premium, Sunroof and Sirius for MSRP of 34,285 and selling price of 32,734. Driveoff was $1273 and monthly was $375.09 not including tax.

So the total lease price including $350 Disposition Fee for the two years would be $10,962. Now I thought this deal was using .00139 MF but it ends up being only about $260 less than the other dealer's quote above for a car which is about $1200 less for MSRP with equipment I don't really want like Sirius.

Do how do these deals measure up? Should I be able to get more reductions?
  • Options
    jzcarr25jzcarr25 Member Posts: 26
    Car_man, can you please let me know the Dec residual and MF for the remaining 2005.5 Audi s4's. Are they identical to the 2006 models? I am looking at 36 mnths with 10,000 and 12,000 miles. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    chiquitachiquita Member Posts: 18
    first- thank you Car-Man and the service and info on this board...i dont think i could have EVEN got my deal if it wasnt for your information, especially on current money factors and residuals. You are priceless!

I love my new A4 2.0T quarttro avant wagon. I just got it a few days ago. It is so nice-- fit and finish in the interior is great.
    below i will post numbers to my lease deal.
    first-- let me say something i realized--- at first i didnt think i would get the car i did because it was in the showroom with LOADED packages and add-ons. Things i didnt think was necessary. But heres the deal- when you lease-- you get to multiply the residual % times the MSRP, so if the MSRP is higher (loaded packages and goodies), then your residual is higher and the gap between cap cost (negotiated price) is essentially the same as if you got a lower priced car without all the fun.Especially right now with the high A4 residuals-- it works out well.
    I AM SOOOO GLAD I GOT THE LOADED CAR-- ITS SO MUCH FUN AND THE PACKAGES LIKE TECH BLUETOOTH, BOSE STERIO UPGRADE AND TIRE-WHEEL UPGRADE ARE SWEET.
    For basically the same lease payment-- you get NICER car than otherwise 'average'. I can not tell you how much of a difference at least the BOSE and the wheels make.
    (just like shoes-- make an outfit).
    i also got the manual 6 speed-- its so much fun to drive and control with this engine, if you are into that sort of feel.
    here are my numbers:( for a 2 year 12K)-
    MSRP- $38,185
    negotiated price- 36,440
    money factor- 0.00185 (avant)
    Residual higher for avant=77% (78% if you get 10K)
    i put down 2K to reduce the cap cost (brought down to $34,440)
    monthly payment=$329, $358 (includes state tax at 9.1% WA).

THE CAR IS SWEET! GO FOR THE LOADED AT THESE RESIDUALS-- as long as whatever MSRP you be sure to negotiate a decent selling price well under that. It took some effort and haggling but worth it- at least i got under TMV true market value for this car. It looks like i got about $1700 discount from MSRP.

my packages included premium, sunroof, TECH, BOSE premium sound, wheel upgrade, cold weather, wiper? and something else?. The car talks to you!

:D
  • Options
    lamusiclamusic Member Posts: 28
    Hello Car_Man,

Can you please tell me the December MF and residual for the A4 1.8 Cabriolet on a 24 month, 12000 mile/yr lease?
    With a selling proce of about 38,500 and $2000 down (this is a gift - I know better than to make a down payment on a lease!) what kind of pre-tax monthly payment am I looking at?

Thanks Car-Man.
  • Options
    dmg1dmg1 Member Posts: 8
    I live in Mass., interested in leasing 36 month, 15K, no money down. What would be reasonable and excellent terms for an A4 quattro, 2.0T, auto, premium package, metalic, sunroof package, cold weather package. What are the negotiable factors and what should be standard factors before I go to the dealership?
  • Options
    dmg1dmg1 Member Posts: 8
    Addendum, what would the 24 month 15K lease look like compared to 36. In addition to posting 294.
  • Options
    skenterprisesskenterprises Member Posts: 6
    Hello CAR MAN
    I just have a general question concerning purchasing or leasing the A4. I want to purchase an Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 6spd with the S-Line pack, Premium Pack, and Sunroof Pack. Edmunds has the car at $34,005 INVOICE and $36,296 STICKER. I have located this car in another state and upon calling the dealiership, the salesman quoted me a price of $35,200 for the car. Obviously that is the first offer and hopefully I can get that a little bit lower but not much. I live in TX.

From reading all these posts, I should expect a lease payment around the mid $400 range leased for 3 yrs at 15000 miles. Now I am not a person that sees leasing as a means of having a new car every few years. I would like to OWN the car. However, if I opt to finance with a relatively low down payment in the $5-7k down payment range, my payments would be close to $600, as opposed to to $400 something by leasing.

I have NEVER leased before. I would like to have the lower payment of the lease and really need to stay away from the $600 payment by finacning. My question is to determine if it is financially viable to lease the car for the 3 yr term for the lower payments knowing full well I will KEEP the car when the terms are up and finance the rest. Does it make good financial sense to do this on the 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro??? Would I be better off just financing the car from the get go and stay away from the lease since I know full well I want to keep the car and OWN it? What are some the circumstances I shold be made aware if I decide to lease then purchase. After the 3 year lease term is up, what kind of residual should I expect to pay and how is this usually handled?? I figure if I pay $450 a month leasing X 36 months = approx $16,000. Subtract that from the $35,000 selling price equals around $19,000 left to finance. Pardon my ignorance, but is that how it works?
    Obviously I do not want to be paying for the car for 6 or 7 years, So would it be in my best interest to just cough up the $600 payment and finance the car for 5 years? Or is it "okay" to lease then buy for this particular car??

What do you think I should do???

I appreciate any feedback you may have, your posts have been a big help. Thank-you

Steve
  • Options
    audihelpaudihelp Member Posts: 1
    Just curious: Audi A4 Quattro Lease that is advertised on the Audi Usa Site has a Cap Cost of 33,060, and resid value of 25,125.60 for 24/10k lease. Audi advertises a monthly payment of $369.00. However, With a money factor of .00139, $33,060 selling price and 76% residual ($25,125.60) My program comes up with a lease payment of $436.00. Any help would be appreciated
  • Options
    Your selling price is probably going to be more like $32,000 with the vehicle you quoted. Most Audi dealers are eating some of the difference in order to move A4s.

I checked Audi's numbers on a lease calculator and they're spot on, $369/mo is right (excl. taxes, doc fees, etc).
  • Options
    bullbankerbullbanker Member Posts: 5
    I'm in the west central florida region and have contacted four local dealers w/in a 100 mile radius re. an Automatic A4 2.0T quattro for a 24 month lease. I have had all of them tell me that they are not negotiating on the MSRP due to the high demand of the cars. Demand is proven as most of their lots do not have any A4s, but still, they are pretty much saying here is the price, take it or leave it.

Is this reasonable?
  • Options
    imagewisimagewis Member Posts: 1
    I am in South Florida and they (3 dealers) were giving me around $1000 off MSRP on a $31,600 A4. That’s about about than $1500 over invoice price.

I assume that this price seems reasonable?

Jon.
  • Options
    Here in Cleveland, OH, I got the same deal, $1,000 off MSRP. If you get additional packages added on you might swing for $1,250 or so off MSRP but some dealers are offering $0 off because of Audi's sweet financing deal, so decide for yourself how hard to push the dealer.
  • Options
    jbond3jbond3 Member Posts: 7
    I got my fully loaded (exc. cold weather package)A4 Q for about $37K-$200 over invoice. Plus I had to pay additional $300 in total BS "dealer preparation" and "dealership association" fees. All in all I think it was a good deal. Granted, I live in the Northeast.
  • Options
    aerosheldonaerosheldon Member Posts: 3
    Are all money factors the same for each dealer? I am looking at an A4 3.2 and I am getting different money factor quotes from different dealers. :confuse:
  • Options
    tinker2tinker2 Member Posts: 1
    Money factors can be different depending on what finance company the dealer is using, whether the dealer is getting a "reserve" (markup) on the "buy" money factor, and, of course, on your credit score.
  • Options
    aerosheldonaerosheldon Member Posts: 3
    The lease is through Audi and my beacon is above 800. I would have thought they would be consistent but they are not.
This discussion has been closed.