Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• A4vy, I'm in your area. FYI. Just trying to help even though those options and color are not my first choice. You have my email address. Otherwise, I'll work on a 2009 model with LED lights.
  • car man, i am goin ginto the dealer tommorrow to look at the new a4 2.0 w/ premium lus and sport package. do you have the new september rates and residuals for 36, 10k? also, i hear they are giving silly deals on 2008 A6's, if so , do you have the rates on those? thx
  • I got a quote from Audi Manhattan. I am trying to figure out how much my deal should be but cant seem to get it right.....

2009 A4- Premium Plus

MSRP-37,525
    Intial Payment-3,079 (inlc. taxes and 1st payment
    Monthly- 539

20 K miles

The rate is 0.00171

Here is additional info they emailed me:

M.S.R.P: $ 37,525.00

Your price: $ 36,523.00

Total initial payment: $ 3,079.75 (That includes taxes and 1st payment)

Taxes: $ 1,673.25

Registration Fees: $ 247.50

Monthly payment $ 539.00

Residual Value: $ 20,638.75

Pls advise. Thanks!
  • Hello Car_Man,

I saw this requested before -- can you please post the lease rates for the 2009 A4 2.0T Quattro Sedan with Tiptronic (Auto) transmission. I have been told the residual differs for the various trim levels -- the more expensive the trim, the lower the residual.

I am interested in the Premium Plus (WPS) trim and Prestige (WPT); looking for:
    24 months, 15K miles, 24 months, 12K miles
    36 months, 15K miles, 24 months, 12K miles

If there are any other details we need to know, it would be greatly appreciated if you could post this info as well. Thank you kindly for your help.
  • Hi...I just got the following dealer quote

MSRP $41,475

36 months, 15k year, no cap cost reduction

$670.00 per month with tax (7%) includes "maintenance package" of about $8 per month...like BMW but no brakes, wipers...

What do you think..seems a bit high....didn't haggle yet.....thinking like 645 ish might be better? is it way off base..I think he said residual was 53% and MF was .0018 ???? thanks
  • Sounds VERY high, even at $645. Negotiate the cap cost of the car. I don't know how far down you can get the Avant, but the sedan's are going under INVOICE (ie, *much* less than MSRP).
  • thanks..what would you think would be fair...620?
  • I just realized that you are looking at the 2009 and not the 2008. Assuming these are selling at MSRP (wouldn't surprise me), the monthly payment sounds about right. Now that still seems like a lot to pay for an A4, but that's an entirely different discussion.
  • thanks again...what I have found is that as of sept, lease rates have soared (the ECONOMY) compared to the past few years...seems like what you might have paid for a $50,000 vehicle you must now pay for a $40,000 one. At least the new A4 Avant gives you a good deal of car...my deal included navigation system, etc....
  • jiholl5333,

It's true that there aren't as many great lease deals out there right now as there have been in years past, but there are still some pretty good deals. For example, BMW is offering money factors that equate to about .9% right now, on a number of their cars (including the 3-series, although I'm not sure if it includes the wagon).

If you are committed to the A4 wagon, you can probably get it for less than $38,000 similarly-equipped, which would be less than $600/mo pre-tax (assuming the 2008's haven't taken too much of a residual hit, and I doubt they have). Perhaps as much as $100 less per month, if that matters.

My point, I guess, is that I don't think an A4 should set anyone back $600 or more per month. But I agree that the new 2009 A4 is an outstanding car. If you are willing to pay the new-model premium, I have no doubt you'll love the car.
  • Can someone please post the money factor and residual % for the month of September based on the A4 Quattro base model with 15,000 miles and for 24 and 36 month lease term.
  • BMW is not offering MF that equate 0.9%. BMW IS offering 0.9% financing on purchases. I've looked through all of BMW's September rates and the lowest MF on any of their models is .00120 (2.88%) on the 335i.
  • Here are all of September rates for all 09 A4s. Surprisingly enough, the rates aren't horrible, but the car did get more expensive.
  • GForce, I don't know this first-hand but I have a friend who just leased a BMW 2 weeks ago and he got a money factor that equated to about .9%. I don't know any more details than that, although it was in August if that made a difference.
  • FWIW, got this quote from Miramar Audi, a San Diego dealer:

2009 2.0t Quattro; Black on Black.
    ~Special Internet Price: $ 33405.00+TL
    Lease Option:
    ~Term: 36 months
    ~Total Drive Off: $ 835.74
    ~Miles Per Year: 12000
    ~Monthly Payment: $ 472.85 +tax
    Money factor .00171
    Residual 59% 20298.95
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,937
    That's $1000 off MSRP and the base rates..

Not really cheap for a $34K car.... but, a decent deal from the dealership, given the program they have to work with..

So... are you considering it?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi Soccerandlost,
    It may be possible with Multiple Security Deposits. But August base rates are not that low without security deposits.

G
  • Actually, that's a $500 discount. MSRP is $33,905.
  • I really like the new A4's, but probably looking at something less expensive for this lease go-round. Perhaps a Passat, though I am not pleased to learn the 2.0T Turbo model is not being offered in 2009.

I know that some people, particularly in Southern California, had reported difficulty in getting the dealer to move much off of MSRP since the B8 A4's debuted. Sounds like there is room to negotiate down from that initial quote.
  • I've heard of $1000 of MSRP on the A4. Still pretty high if you ask me.
    I would wait until early next year, 1st half of the year seems to yield lower monthly payments on leases than 2nd half of the year.

G
  • I think thats wayy too high. Obviously you are in the market for an Audi, but it's only fair to include a cross competitor in your tabulations.

I signed a 335i lease, Cap cost of 45,500k, 0 out of pocket, 605/month 15k 36mo from BMW dealer in central NJ. That's including a 1800 upside down tradein(car needed alot of work) and tire/rim insurance. Take all of that away and you end up around 550.

Take everything into account.

Good luck, the new A4 is very nice and may just be my car next year when my car lease is up :-)
  • ipod_nano - would you mind giving a bit more details about your lease.

What options you got with your car?

Also, would you mind telling me the dealership and dealer name that you worked with in Central NJ?

I'm looking to get into an A4 as well, but may have to wait it out, but it sounds like you got a really good deal on your 335i.
  • Curious about this deal:

MSRP 35330
    Sale Price 33300
    Residual 60%
    12K miles
    Audi care
    $2400 down (covers tax title lic only)

comes out to $449/mo

What do you think, is it a good offer from the dealership?
  • Hi miket21. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 Premium Plus Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00171 and 58%, respectively. I believe that this lease program is scheduled to run through November 4th.

I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will work up a sample payment on this car for you if you provide us with an approximate MSRP and selling price for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi boynix. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 A4 2.0T Premium Plus Sedan are .00171 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an '09 A4 2.0T Prestige Sedan are .00171 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi desgnconcpts. Here's the info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 Premium Plus Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00171 and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00171 and 55%.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 Premium Plus Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00171 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00171 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi tyler143. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Audi A4 2.0 Special Edition Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00274 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00274 and 49%.

This is AFS' standard lease program. Audi is no longer providing lease support on most '08 models. While that is bad news, at least it means that the $2,500 dealer cash that Audi is currently providing on this model can be used to negotiate a lower selling price for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • has anyone leased a new audi a4 in the northern nj area?
    im 19 and will be paying for most, if not all, of my payment and have fallen IN LOVE with the 2009 a4. im trying to find a real good deal but dont intend on putting any money down and would be doing a 36 month lease. i wanted the 19" sport package but heard it had a long delay on it, so the only option i would be getting is the ipod interface thing

any info would be great
  • cbmtcbmt Posts: 1
    I got these quotes from two different chicagoland dealers.

First Quote:
    2009 audi a4 2.0t premium +
    MSRP $37,525
    36 months
    12,000 miles
    Cash Due at Signing $4,196
    $580.00 mo.

Second Quote:
    a4 2.0t premium +
    $37,550
    36 mo.
    12K mi
    Tax & Lic Due
    Res. 58%
    mf .00235
    $630.00 mo.

These seem really high. Any suggestions on appropriate pricing and/or negotiating?
  • Residual varies by trim and is the most important piece of the lease puzzle. If a residual is high, you can lease a more expensive car for less..that's how it works.

I've had a 2009 A4 2.0TQ P+ with Nav for 2 weeks now. What I paid:

A4 2.0TQ Premium +
    $40,025
    36 mo.
    12K mi
    $2K downpayment to cover Tax/Lic/Fees/cap reduction
    I also got a 3% cap cost reduction as a discount
    Res was 57% I believe

Total came out to $614/mo. I added AudiCare and Wheel package which brought it up to around $650.

BTW...the $2k was my deposit for the pre-order since I ordered the car back in June so technically the day I did the deal I didn't spend a penny :)
This discussion has been closed.