Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi everyone,

I am ready to lease an Audi A4 2.0T CVT. A local dealer has offered me $399.00/mo.incl. taxes 10k mi/yr. with $0 down. The MSRP on this car is $32500. The lease term is 36 months.Is this a good deal? Comments please.
  • Hi All,

Just signed a lease yesterday in Houston, Tx.

A4 2.0T CVT
    MSRP: $32800 ( metallic paint/ bluetooth pkg.)
    Selling price: $29500
    MF: .00023
    Residual: $17028
    Term: 36mo./ 36k mi.
    Monthly: $399 w/ zero down incl. all taxes and fees.

I hope this helps everyone.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi pacsurf. Audi is not providing lease support on 2007 models any longer. As a result, if you really want to lease you are better off going with an '08 model. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Cabriolet without quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00027 and 54%, respectively. I don't believe that Audi is providing lease support on 48 month terms for this car, so you're better off going with the 3 year lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi schley254. I believe that the Special Edition A4 models are already at dealers. Audi is definitely already providing lease support on them. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Special Edition Sedan is .00110.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello machambi. The lease payment for the A4 that you are interested in will vary depending upon what its MSRP and selling price are. If I was in the market for a Audi A4 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice and then have the dealer subtract the $1,000 loyalty or conquest cash incentive from that, essentially making your purchase price $500 below invoice. You can look up the exact dealer invoice price of the car that you want by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Also, make sure to stop by the "Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are happy with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00023 (for a 36 month lease of an '08 A4 2.0T Sedan) and you're all set.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks onmark. I'm glad that you enjoy this forum so much. The money factor that you were quoted on the A4 Avant that you are interested in looks about right. The acquisition fee is right in line with what Audi Financial Services charges as well. Off of the top of my head, I am not sure exactly how much this car's lease payment will drop with every additional $1,000 down payment, but I can tell you that it is not a good idea to put any money down when leasing. Consumers who make large capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of them if their vehicles are totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you will be better off going with a zero down lease.

The best way to get a good deal on the car that you are interested in is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on it. The 2008 A4 Avant that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,500 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus Audi is currently providing an additional $1,000 cash incentive on leases of it through AFS right now. That gives you a total of around $3,500 to play with in your negotiations. If I was in the market for this vehicle, I personally would shoot for a discount of $2,500 to $3,000 and see what happens. Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using this car's buy rate lease money factor and you're all set.

I believe that Audi's current lease program is scheduled to run through May 2nd.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome piperwarrior. The Special Edition model is indeed a sort of bridge between the end of the current generation A4 and the introduction of the new 2009 model, but it is not exactly some sort of special secret. The lease program that you were quoted for this car looks off. According to the latest information that I have seen, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Special Edition Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 53%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

As far as this car's selling price goes, you definitely should be able to do better than $700 over TMV. $700 over dealer invoice minus the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of this car through AFS right now is more like it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey eastbeast. The Dealer invoice price of the car that you leased is probably around $36,800 to $36,900. I don't believe that the $1,000 cash incentive that Audi is currently offering on Audi Financial Services' leases of the A4 was available last month. So it looks like the selling price that you were given it less than $500 over dealer invoice, which is a great deal. Plus the dealer used AFS' buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment. This looks like a good deal to me. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ltjbukem. Through May 2nd, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro (not the Special Edition model) with 12,000 miles per year are .00023 and 53%, respectively. The money factor for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 1% higher. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of it through AFS right now. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • ferkyferky Posts: 20
    My '05 2.0T A4 lease is up in July. I want to get into another 36 month 2.0T A4 lease, and as much as I would love an '09, my understanding is that the 2.0Ts won't be out until a good while after the 3.2s, which are outside of my price range.

Given that I am settling for an '08, am I better off trying to get it now when there are still a good number of '08s to choose from and the incentives are decent, or will things only get better in the summer when they are that much closer to rolling out the '09s? My fear is that come June/July, they will have some decent incentives, but the inventory won't be there and I'll be stuck with a bunch of colors and options that aren't what I want.

Any thoughts on how to time a new lease?
    Hi eastbeast. A good way to get a good deal on a new car is to figure out approximately how much over dealer invoice you are willing to pay for the model that you want. Then shop around with a few local dealers, either by looking at their inventory on-line or by physically visiting them until you find a car that is equipped how you want it at a dealership that is willing to sell it to you for your predetermined price. If I was in the market for a new A4 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice, which is equivalent to $500 under to dealer invoice once the $1,000 cash incentive that Audi is providing on leases is taken into account.

After you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your car's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro is .00023.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ivtec2. I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice on an '08 A4 right now, which is equivalent to $500 under to dealer invoice once the $1,000 cash incentive that Audi is providing on leases is taken into account. Make sure to stop by the "Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

After you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your car's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro is .00023.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings cdutch. The dealer invoice price of the car that you mentioned is probably around $32,500. Plus Audi is currently providing a special $1,000 cash incentive on leases of it through Audi Financial Services. This crops the invoice to around $31,500. That puts the $32,850 selling price that you were quoted at around $1,350 over invoice. That's enough room that if I was personally in the market for an A4 right now, I would shop around with a few other dealers to see if I could beat that price.

The money factor that you were quoted is slightly high as well. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T sedan with quattro is .00023. Normally one would increase this factor by .00015 if they wanted to have their car's security deposit waived, but I have heard that AFS is waiving its security deposit requirement on leases for free this month,

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cubcub. Normally with a captive finance company, like Audi Financial Services, as long as your vehicle has been repaired properly after your accident or accidents you will not have to pay any sort of excess wear and tear. As an added bonus though I believe that the $5,000 figure that the dealer told you about AFS leases is correct. I highly doubt that you will have to pay any sort of penalty as a result of the accidents. This is one of the great things about leasing. Any vehicle that has been in two accidents would definitely suffer at least some diminished value when you went to try to sell it down the road. On a lease, you can just fix your car and walk away from it at lease-end forcing the bank to take the diminished value hit.

You're in luck with the A3. Audi is running a special regional lease program on it that is much better than its normal program. California is one of the states that this special program is available in. Audi Financial Services' special regional buy rate lease money factor for the 2008 A3 is currently .00055.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello manku. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Cabriolet without quattro is .00027. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses this factor to calculate your car's monthly payment.

You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the A4 Convertible in your area right now, but you may be able to find a community member who has purchased one lately over in the "Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings carmaster1. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment.

The Audi A4 that you described has a spread of around $2,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus Audi is providing a special $1,000 cash incentive on leases of it through Audi Financial Services right now. This gives you a total of around $3,200 to play with during your negotiations. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a discount of $2,200 to $2,700. Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer that gives it to you calculate your monthly payment using AFS' current buy rate lease money factor of .00023 (not available on the special edition model) and you're all set.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ferky. Audi's lease program on the A4 is pretty decent right now. It is definitely better than it was last month. This car's money factor is just about as low as it could possibly get (unless you are talking about the Special Edition model) and its residual values aren't going to increase. That means the only way that Audi will be able to enhance its lease program going forward would be to introduce larger cash incentives on leases of it. I suppose that it is possible that they will do this, but they probably will not do anything until after the current lease program expires on May 2nd. Plus as you mentioned, you may have a tough time finding a car that's equipped exactly how you want it if you wait too long to lease. If I was in the market for an A4, I personally would probably just get one now rather than waiting. As I always say though, it is difficult to predict exactly what manufacturers will do with their future incentives with 100% accuracy.

Car_man
    Host
  • sharkalasharkala Posts: 48
    Hello,
    I currently have a 2007 Audi A4 with a 24 month lease with 15K miles a year. My current lease is up in September. I am interested in leasing a new Audi. I will only have approximately 24K miles on the car when I turn it in. Is there any negotiating power since I did not drive 30K?
    Thanks.
  • faschulzfaschulz Posts: 52
    you can get the same deal for $399 tax incl for 15000 miles i got the same car price
    for that, wait until the last day of the month.
  • ferkyferky Posts: 20
    Does anyone think that the deals on the Special Edition will get any better? The price is right, but .0011 money factor is a far cry from the .00023 on the regular ones. I'm getting a push from the dealer to get me into the lease before the end of March (claiming that now are the best deals ever on A4s), but I'd hate for that special edition money factor to drop in a month or two.
This discussion has been closed.