Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• jms493jms493 Posts: 18
    MSRP $38,400
    Price Paid: $35,390

Breakdown
    cap cost reduction: 65
    tax on that: 5
    First payment: 489
    Acq fee: 625
    Reg: 185
    sales tax: 1,431
    Doc fee: 299
    tire fee: 7.50
    total 3,108
    First month paid bt audi = -489
    Total due at signing: $2,619
  • datunludatunlu Posts: 10
    Thanks for your reply, Car_man. I had a quote yesterday and the dealer clarified things for me. I thought it would be useful for others to know. The $1,000 incentive is only applicable to 3.2 A4, not 2.0. In addition, for 3.2 A4, there is a special incentive from Audi that reduces your cap cost by another $2,000. That is how the guy was able to give $6,000 off MSRP.
    That makes sense b/c the 3.2s are not selling and I believe this is the last year the they are making them available for the A4.
  • Hi All, got this quote from a dealership in my area for a 2009 A4 2.0 T Prestige and S Line package. I'm not too sure on the money factor that everyone has been talking about. Is this quote about right? Thanks for your responses.
    Selling Price: $44,575
    Residual: $20,527
    Total drive offs: $5,000
    Term: 36
    Monthly Payment: $672
  • Sorry got more info now.

The dealership gave me a "Lease Factor"... Not too sure if this is the same as the money factor.

Selling Price: $44,575
    Residual: $20,527
    Total drive offs: $5,000
    Term: 36
    Monthly Payment: $672
    Lease factor: .00116
    Cash capitalized reduction: $4,300

Still wondering if this is a good deal or not. I was thinking it was a little on the higher side, especially for the lease, but I could be wrong. What do you folks think?
  • Alright, so I'll respond to my own post. I just picked up my B8 (A4) as I listed above. However, after some grinding, I ended up with 1500 down and $500.00/Mo all in! I got the exact car I wanted, only in Black, and got the payment I wanted. Seems they had some room to maneuver. I am so pleased! Audi Mission Viejo, ask for Greg Duncan. Nothing could have been easier.
    Thanks, jms493. Your reply was really helpful for us to understand the fees and expected costs.

We finalized a deal today with 36 month, 10k per year on a A4 2.0 Premium Plus (Blue + Ash wood interior). MSRP 38400. The dealer offered us a price of 34450 and we were able to put nothing down. Final monthly goes to $527.9 per month. This price also included the maintenance package. Certainly, Audi makes the first payment.
    WOW!!! Datunlu.....thanks an amazing price! I did the calculations and that payment is spot on! Congrats and enjoy! I wish I go that price!!

If you would have paid everything up front your payment would have been around $460. That would have been around $2600 down which covers TTL and other fees.

$34,450 For a Premium Plus....everyone should should for that price!

The only difference with my deal was that I got 12K a year....about a $10 difference in the payment or 1% difference in Residual.

The mosr posts here the better people can be at getting the best deal possible.
    Thanks, jms493. Guess the price is no longer that rigid as we enter the second half of this year.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi dimochka. The easiest way for me to evaluate whether a lease is a good deal is to look at its selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what this number is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will be happy to give you their opinion of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're welcome, datunlu. Thank you for the update.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • redlinesiredlinesi Posts: 1
    What price should we be looking at now for the remaining 2009's? I'm at the point right now where I'm not sure if I'd have a lower lease payment waiting on a 2010 because of the residual.

I haven't negotiated a price with the dealer yet, but the residual they are giving me here in Minneapolis is 47% and a money factor of .00141. If I do Audicare that would go to 48% correct? This is with 15,000 miles a year.

Any advice would be great.
  • mattydmattyd Posts: 21
    Got quote at Audi dealer for leasing new 2009 A4 sedan quattro 2.0 Premium.
    $5800 total due at signing, $500/mon x 48 mon. Does this downpayment (which has those other normal due-at-signing fees in it, like sec deposit etc) seem sort of high?
  • donnydjrdonnydjr Posts: 8
    This seems extremely high, to be quite honest... surf this site a bit to see what others are paying now... I bought a Prem Plus for much less and better terms back in January.

Good luck - the A4 is a great vehicle !

d
  • seifseif Posts: 38
    what kind of quote is that????

this is directly from the audi site:
    Special $399 a month summer lease now through July 31, 2009

1st Month Payment $399
    Refundable Security Deposit $400
    Acquisition Fee $625
    Down Payment $2,550
    Due at Signing* $3,974 (Excludes taxes, title, other optioins and dealer fees)

what options do you have that make it that much more?
  • ermacermac Posts: 4
    Hey guys,

Just got this deal, wondering if im getting a good one?

A4 permium phantom black sports package
    Sale price 34500
    money factor .00161 (dealer added 20 basis points)
    residual 48%
    1500 down
    536 a month including tax and audi care
    42 mo. lease

What do you think? They also offered me a base A4 at 489 a month with 1500 down (can't remember the sale price on that)
  • barryendbarryend Posts: 121
    Last winter I ordered a Premium + sports package for April delivery. The residual was 50% and money factor .0008, 15,000 miles 36 months.

Leasing last year's car lowers the residual. The money factor is Audi's rate at the time and obviously is subsidized when the want to move product.

Buying a 2009 rather than leasing may make better economic sense.

Leasing a 2010 when the dealers are stoked up in the Fall may be a better time.

The Premium is a good value but has a horrible sound system. I had a loaner for several days. The Premium+ Symphony is a delight and the LED daytime headlights are sharp.
    thanks for all the info. Yeah shopping around it seems to make sense to wait for the 2010s.
  • Hi There

So I'm in the Seattle area and looking for an A4 Prem FWD, pretty basic but so far the dealers here have very little inventory (mostly quattros). Can I go to another state (California) and lease a car. The inventories show quite a bit more choose from in the bay area. Anyone have any reccomendations?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
  • magneetamagneeta Posts: 1
    Matty,

That is EXTREMELY high. I worked with a dealership in PA (live in NJ) and got the following:

Total $ Due at Delivery: $2000
    Monthly Payment: $415/month
    Spec: Audi A4 2.0T Quattro, Premium Package (Silver Metallic)

Residual is 48%

You can ABSOLUTELY get a better deal from them...
    Magneeta, what was the money factor and sale price of the car on your deal? The deal i was quoted was for a premium, and I am puzzled as to how people are getting a better deal on a premium plus than i am getting on a base.
  • seifseif Posts: 38
    getting the car tomorrow:

2009 A4 Quattro 2.0 TFSI Premium w/ heated seats
    Automatic
    Quartz Gray Metallic, Black interior
    36 months
    12K miles
    $1200 out of pocket
    $425/month

I think it is a pretty solid deal. got it from a leasing company i have used in the past. no dealer could even come close...i gave them the chance. what do you guys think?
  • Hey guys new to this site, been browsing around and really find it useful. What do you guys think of this deal from here in upstate NY.

Audi A4 Premium Plus 2.0T Quattro
    MSRP 37,500
    $3,000 Down
    3 year lease
    Service Plan $750
    First monthly offer from dealers was $589 a month

I was thinking $540 would be a good price, what do you guys think and how would I get the dealer to go down.
    Mageneeta, thats a premium, or premium plus? either way, thats an insane deal compared to what i have seen. Id take that in a heartbeat (although I really dont know much). What is the sale price of the car, and what state are you in?
  • mattydmattyd Posts: 21
    Thanks to those who replied, confirming that these numbers are truly insane.

I'm royally pissed. This is the type of pricing we get in Toronto. See, I had mistakenly thought that my location info would make my post get sent to a Canadian part of the Prices Paid forum, but it's serendipitous that it didn't, because I got a chance to see what leases are down south. These leases for A4s, at $2k down and $400ish /month are unfathomable here. And our dollar is only 8% off from yours, BTW.

FYI, the A4 quattro Premium here (same as your PP) is US$43240.
  • helgiehelgie Posts: 4
    Audi A4 Premium 2.0T Quattro Manual w/
    Heated Seats, Bluetooth, iPod connector
    Sale Price: $32,000
    $2,200 Down for Tax Title Tags + $480 First Month's Payment
    15k/Year
    3 year lease
    $480/month

It seems like a good deal to me...
    Not really understanding this deal. Need more detail like money factor and residual.

I paid $35,200 for a premium plus model w/wood. NO cap cost reduction. I paid TTL upfront for around $2500. 12K a year

My payment is $488 a month.

Why is your payment the same as mine???
    Again this is too much money. The residual must be down or the money factor is up.

Dont do this deal.

Go to Jack Daniels. You should be paying around $35K for that car.

it might be in most people best interest to wait until the 2010s come out to lease. The Residual will be higher.....which will lower your monthly payment.
    I was told the money factor was .00104 and the residual was 50%. What do you think? Does it seem like it's a good deal? I'm paying TTL up front and getting 15,000 miles/year.
    Another question. I was curious if anyone here has used a third party leasing company instead of Audi financial? I'm looking into due to the difference in cash sale price versus lease price of the car.
This discussion has been closed.