Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A8 Lease Questions

Comments

• What is your monthly payment, if you do not mind me asking?

Usually trade in and balance in cash. Wife's 2012 A7 and my 2009 A8L. Looking at 2013 A8L 4.0 and might take the 3.0 after driving the wife's.

Tnx.
  • Sure---$1,277.83/month--includes sales tax.
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Posts: 69
    Tnx.

Happy New Year.
  • Hi CarMan,

Thank you for all your help here and happy new year!

I am looking to lease a 2012 A8L...never leased before. Yikes!

What are the money factor and residual for 10k miles right now???

I feel like I should be able to get a great deal right now. Audi even has a $799 lease offer on the 2013, but I'm not sure how feasible it is to get one of those?

Thanks again,
    Doc
  • Thanks for the kind words mancaver. I'm glad that you've found the forums so helpful. thanks for taking the time to give back and share the details of your new A8 lease with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • What's up Doc? (I know that it was bad, but I couldn't resist, sorry). If you really want to lease, you really should go with a 2013 A8 over a 2012 model. Audi is not providing lease support on '12 models any more.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks. I have changed gears and am now interested in a Mercedes CLS550...I posted a question over in that forum that hopefully you can answer.

Thank again.
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Posts: 69
    Save some money. Wife wanted the CLS, drove the A7 Prestige and saved me $20K+.
  • mibnymibny Posts: 14
    Hey guys ... I have heard horror stories about these vehicles once the warranty has expired. Are they true ?
  • Car man:
    Would you be so kind as to provide the January money factors and residuals for Audi A8 3.0 and 4.0 for a 24 and 36 month lease with 12,000?
    Thanks!
  • Certainly droeper1. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 A8 3.0 with 12,000 miles per year are .00072 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00072 and 51%.

The numbers for the '13 A8 4.0 are .00064 / 55% and .00064 / 47%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks so much kind sir!
  • You're very welcome, droeper1. Good luck in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • Dear Car_man;

I just saw your response on the numbers for the A7, thank you for your help, but I think I am better off leasing a 2013 A8 NWB.

The numbers I have been given for a 36 month, 10K miles per year lease are 53% residual and 0.00072 MF, is that correct? I am getting $1,000 over invoice minus the $3,000 loyalty, so I would be paying about $2,000 under invoice price, does that sound like a good price?

Lastly, I read something in a forum about a preferred equipment credit that Audi is giving to move the 2013 A8s, have you heard anything about that?

Thank you.
  • Hi;
    Sounds like you got a great car. I am looking to lease a 2013 A8 and I see you received a preferred equipment credit.
    Could you tell me how you got that credit? Is it only for certain options? Will the dealer include that credit on cars that need to be ordered?
    Thank you for your help.
  • Hi sancris--yes, I am extremely pleased with my A8--I have owned it for 2 and 1/2 months, and I am still thrilled every time I drive it. I did not order the car, but my local dealer found it at a Cleveland Audi dealer--the sticker already reflected the preferred equipment credit, so I didn't have to ask for it; it probably is only available for a heavily optioned model like the one I leased. The additional $3,000 loyalty bonus was available since I was turning in an A4 at lease end, and the no security deposit, "free" Audi-care and Audi's making the first lease payment were all part of an Audi program available to all A8 buyers, I think. I don't know if that program still exists. The local dealer appeared to also be motivated by a desire to close the deal before year end 2012---but I think all dealers will (should) always have some motivation to sell. Good luck--hope this helps.
  • sancrissancris Posts: 11
    Dear Mancaver;
    Thank you for your reply, it definitely helps. I am getting the Loyalty Bonus since I have a 2006 A8 which I will turn in when I lease the new A8, and I am also getting a 6% discount off the MSRP by being an Audi Club of America member for more than 6 months, but you are right, the first payment offer is no longer available. I saw online a few cars with the preferred credit on the sticker, I wasn't sure if I had to ask the dealer.
    Thanks and Good Luck
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hey sancris. Yes the numbers that you were quoted for the A8 are indeed correct.

I'd say that $1,000 over invoice minus the loyalty cash is a decent deal for this car.

I haven't heard anything about a preferred equipment price reduction, but I usually don't keep very close tabs op option package discounts.

Car_man
    Host
  • sancrissancris Posts: 11
    Thank you. I am ready to lease the car but there is a charge on the final quote that I do not understand. Do you know what the CapTax1 amount refers to? The dealer mentioned that it represents the taxes on the loyalty, but I can't see how.

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're welcome sancris. I didn't see your deal so I can't say exactly what each charge represents. Having said that, generally speaking consumers have to pay sales tax on consumer-facing incentives, which loyalty cash would be one, but not on dealer cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host