Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A8 Lease Questions

Comments

• The residual on my lease contract is around $65k after 4 years. Why is that bad?

Brian
  • jpvwaudijpvwaudi Posts: 139
    Good luck. But get at least $10k off the car

I don't know where your buying your cars, but new A8's have between 4500-6000 markup depending on the options, and we don't work for free. At the end of the model year the factory puts money on the cars so, then and only then, is it possible to discount 10g's and not lose money.
  • I got that off of my 2005 A8L when the lease rates were better. Plus they also threw in the auto-armor, the tire/vehicle 4 year warranty, the VIN etching on all windows, and LoJack. But I did sell 40 other cars that year to clients through the same dealership. I only got off about $3k on the 2007 S8.
  • jpvwaudijpvwaudi Posts: 139
    Thats understandable then if you brought in that kind of business; I just wanted to make the point that the average buyer off the street isn't going to be able to save 10 grand on an 07 right now. How do you like the S8? IMHO, its the best car on the road for under 200 grand, and the B & O system is worth every penny......
  • I absolutely love my 2007 S8 ... the exterior color/and dual interior seats is completely amazing! I know I will be able to pocket some money when I get rid of it. I am already to order my 2009 RS8 with the 610+hp LAMBO engine and the new body of the A8.

I love the tweeters popping up and stuff, but with XM, CD, etc., I was kind of disappointed with an option that retails for about $6300. I did get about $600 off that option. I just hope it all works out.

I just went by a friend in a new Aston Vanquish S ($289k or so), he tried NOT to look but eventually did.

The car is truly gorgeous. And again, I have every option, except the Solar Sunroof, which I think is a waste in CA or anywhere sunny, because it's doesn't charge a separate battery to run the actual compressor, just the fans. So it can barely cool the car in the sun.
  • No problem, berisky.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Car_Man

I started my quest for a new car this week and had no intentions of buying an A8. Well needless to say, one look and I was hooked. The offer I have on the table is the following:

A8 Short w/ premium, 19”, massage, Sirius
    MSRP - $77970
    Invoice - $72574 (according to KBB)
    Offer - $73608
    Residual – 44% (45% if I have them throw in the $599 maintenance program)
    Money Factor – 0.00145
    Payment with 7.75% tax - $1322.79

I’m in So Cal and wanted to know if the Residual and MF sound right for my region thru Audi Financial. A couple of posts back you stated that they were 46% and 0.0013. I just want to be sure that they are not marking these up. Also, do you think that there is room for further negotiation?

Thanks,
    Tim-in-Cali
  • timincalitimincali Posts: 10
    Forgot to state that this was a 36 mo 15K / yr deal.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi Tim-in-Cali. The Audi A8 is definitely a very nice car. The selling price that you were quoted, $1,100 over dealer invoice, isn't bad. Audi's March lease program is different than the numbers that you were quoted though. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A8 Short Wheel Base with 12,000 miles per year are .00080 and 40% (man what a bad residual value), respectively. Make sure that the dealer uses these numbers to calculate your car's monthly payment. Since you are in such a competitive market, it wouldn't hurt to see if another Audi dealer in your area was willing to beat this offer, but it's not bad.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • timincalitimincali Posts: 10
    UGGG ... I can't believe that the residual dropped so much. If I plug in the same numbers to my lease calculator, the payment jumps to 1382.65 w/tax. That's an increase of $60. I also dropped the residual by 1% to account for the 15K miles (this is what I was told the delta was between 15K and 12K). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Tim-in-Cali ...
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    A8's are in extremely short supply and there are very few on dealer lots right now depending on the region you live in. Audi doesn't have to really push this car int the US market with inventory levels so low, so that's why the residuals are pretty bad right now.
    I'm sorry that this car's lease program isn't better, Tim. It is what it is. The only thing that you can do to lower your lease payment is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ebbebb Posts: 1
    Anyone have current residual % and money factor for the S8?

Thanks in advance!
  • orm1orm1 Posts: 1
    I'm negotiating for an A8L using a Premier Purchase. Quoted 41% residual. 2.25% interest. The salesman maintains that with the PP they don't use a money factor. True? So is the interest on depreciated amount (difference between MSRP and residual)? When I do my numbers I get a monthly of depreciation payment + monthly interest that is about $200 less per month. Thoughts?
    I have seen this car's lease program and would be happy to help you out, ebb. Audi Financial Services' program for it varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned how long you are interested in leasing for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Through June 4th, AFS' current 36 month, 15k buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 S8 are .00355 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    What you were told is correct, orm1. Audi Financial Services' Premier Purchase Program is what is known as a balloon note program. Balloon notes use interest rates instead of money factors to calculate the interest portion of payments. I do not personally keep tabs on the details of balloon note programs, but the 2.25% interest rate that you were quoted for this car looks about right to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jkrutchjkrutch Posts: 6
    Does anyone have the current (month of June) 24 and 36 rates and residuals for the S8? I am also wondering if there are any incentives for the S8. As much as I love this car, they are simply not selling and there is a huge amount of inventory sitting on dealer lots. There are over 100 S8s listed on AutoTrader alone and I know of 2 local dealers that have S8s that aren't listed on AutoTrader. I can only imagine how many there are out there. I would think (and hope) as the '07 model year comes to and end there will be a huge incentive on this car either in the form of cash back or an aggressive lease program. Thanks in advance for any info.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jkrutch. Through July 31st, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Audi S8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00323 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00323 and 42%. As you can see, this car's lease program is pretty bad.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hotskohotsko Posts: 1
    Hi,

I need to turn in my Lexus LS at the end of August and want to lease (or buy) an 07 A8L. The numbers right now look pretty bad. I am looking for 36/48 month 15k.

1) Do you think Audi 2007 lease programs will get more aggressive when we get into August?

2) Right now, the lease program on the 2004s is great. DO you think that a similar program for the 2005's is coming soon? and is this a better value?

Thanks,
    Confused.
    Hi hotsko. Audi's current lease program for the 2007 A8 is scheduled to run through July 31st. It is difficult to say what its August program for this car will be like, but I personally do not expect it to be dramatically different.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum