Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A8 Lease Questions

Comments

• rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    Don't count on great leasing deals on the 2007 A8 as time goes by. The new 08 A8 models won't be here until late October or November at the earliest.

The A8/S8 is currently the only car that has no year end dealer cash or special financing incentives. That leads me to believe there aren't a whole lot of 07 A8's sitting on dealer lots, and Audi isn't really worried about selling the last of them off.

You gotta buy the A8 because you really want it, not because of a cheap lease payment. You can get a 7 series for 150- 200/mo less money on a lease, but that doesn't seem to keep people from buying the A8.

And I think the minor reskin on the fender flares on 08 models has the 07 production cut short, and there aren't near as many cars left on dealers lots as last year this time.
  • Just a quick question.
    I am going through a "lease broker" where the offer is to take over a lease from someone elses AUdi.

It is an Audi A8L, fully loaded (convenience pckg,leather arm rest, cold weather Pkg, 19 inch spoked wheels, front/rear parktronic, dual pane security glass,front seat vent/message, rear seat lumbar support). I believe it is certified and has another 50k on the warranty.

The price is 1050/month. No down payment since I am simply taking over his lease. It is a 2005 A8L with 25,000 miles with 28 months left on the lease.

Sounds pretty good, just don't know if this is currently a good lease price since the original buyer got this price 2 years ago.

Any thoughts??
    That doesn't sound too bad of a deal. You're looking at 1400 month + on a new A8 with at least 4,000-5000 down.

I would verify that this A8 is certifed. I would never want to own an A8 out of warranty, so be careful about that.

Also, be aware that Audi changed it's policy and you can no longer transfer the 6/100k warranty. I think it was Aug/Sept of 2006 that was the cut-off for transferring CPO's, so make sure your car was purchased before that date and you can send the transfer form in for $150.
  • Thanks rjlaero,
    I checked and since I am simply assuming his lease, the owner (the bank) does not change. So I should not even need a transfer form. (at least that is what my lease broker says).
    He sounds quite knowledgeable, so I guess I will go for it. If there is a problem I will let the forum know.

THanks again
    C
  • jz661jz661 Posts: 1
    Hi, Brian,

Great to read your post. I have an 06A8L loaded with premium/sport package, front ventilation, massage, heat, sun shades, parking sensor and so on... my end of lease purchase price is 56K, and current millage is 19800.

You said never turn in a lease. In my case, shall I sell it myself? If so, how do it do it? My lease ends next month.

FYI, according to edmunds, trade in value is about 60K, private party price is 65K, dealer sell price is 69K, and CPO is 73K.

Thanks a lot for help.

ps. I try to lease a new A8L (need the size for family), 12K/yr, 2-3 yr lease. any idea how much to pay for same options (live is SoCal)?
    Good luck getting 65k selling your 2006 A8 private party.

A8's are wonderful cars, but you will take a big hit on depreciation. And they can be very hard to sell at times. Why spend that much on a used one when you can get a brand new one for not that much more?

With market allowances and rebates, few would pay 73k for a certified 2006 A8L.

There's $7,000 cash back right now on A8's. So a 82k brand new A8 has a net dealer cost of 70-71,000.

Edmunds numbers are way off base sometimes, so take that with a grain of salt. The high end of the market is very tough and there's a lot of competition out there.

Sometimes you're better off turning your high end car in and walking away and getting something else. Maintenace and repair are expensive for any high end car and they lose value quickly.
  • Does anyone know if Audi is likely to take back a 2005 8L with 19000 miles whose lease expires 3/08 early inorder to get the new 08 8L now? Also what is the 3 year residual on the car I had a 42 month lease for $1096 on a well equipped 05.Someone mentioned a 6000 or 7000 dealer rebate is that on the 08's?
    The new 2008 A8 is a minor re-style. There isn't a new 2008 A8 on a dealers lot right now. The offical release won't be until November.

There's usually no incentives on A8 leases. If there's dealer cash, it's always at the end of the model year. There's dealer cash on leftover 2007's right now.

Unless you put a lot of money down, it's hard to get out of an A8 lease early. 9 times out of 10 the car won't be worth the current payoff.
  • jescuejescue Posts: 521
    We had our first 08 arrive on Friday.
    Where are you at?
  • jescuejescue Posts: 521
    Nashville. This is a sold order, but we are waiting on residuals.
  • Huntington,New York
  • Car_man,

Can you tell me what the current money factor and residuals are for the A8L?

Thanks,
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    I sure can, nygxdriver. You never mentioned what term or mileage allowance you are interested in, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A8L with 15,000 miles per year are .00048 and 41%, respectively. Good luck in your quest for a new A8, it's a really nice car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • shawn757shawn757 Posts: 115
    Are there any good leases on this car anymore? I have not seen one for a long time? Why isn't Audi proving any support for their A8 leases?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi shawn757. Audi pulled the plug on its special lease program for the A8. This car's residual values are so terrible that they probably figured that it was too expensive to provide a reasonable lease program on it. A 36 month, 15k resid of 37% is pretty darn bad. Instead of lease support, Audi is currently providing $8,000 dealer cash on long wheel base A8 models plus an additional three grand on units that have been sitting on dealer lots for a really long time.

Car_man
    Host
  • shawn757shawn757 Posts: 115
    Thanks for the info. My question is car man is that 0.9% finance rates compatible with the dealer cash? Also what about the 2009 models? What is the residual for 15k and money factor?
  • Anyone know the current residual and MF for Audi A8? 2009 model? I want 15K
  • Hi shawn757. Unfortunately, I believe that the dealer cash is not compatible with the 0.9% special financing rate.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey shawn757. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A8 4.2 with 15,000 miles per year are .00301 and 36%, respectively. the numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2009 A8 are .00048 and 40%.

Car_man
    Host