Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• sfcharliesfcharlie Posts: 402
    "I presume that 46% residual is an ALG number, which is what most private banks use. Shows you what residual support by a manufacturer is worth."

Yes... Audi is either being realistic or they are helping to create a self-fulfilling prophecy. ALG's annual awards for brands holding their value went like this for 2005 ...

Luxury Brand Residual Value Rankings
    BMW
    Lexus
    Land Rover
    Mercedes-Benz
    Acura
    Infiniti

...in that order. "Below industry average" were Audi, Cadillac, Jaguar, Lincoln, Saab and Volvo.

So, Audi might be seen as just realistic about demand for three-year-old A6s. Or, as your comment left me thinking, maybe they contribute to their own poor residuals by highlighting them with their own lease offers. I did get the sense from my local Audi dealer that AFS is discouraging people from leasing from them (and thus bringing the cars back to them to dispose of in three years) by offering a $6000 dealer incentive only if you run the lease through a private bank. Don't know if his offhand comment is true.

But, also, we're talking about 2006s. Right now, if you lease a 2007 A6 3.2 Quattro (80%) of A6s are sold with the 3.2 rather than the 4.2, AFS rates are:

12 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 77% of MSRP – .00140 Base Money Factor Rate
    24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 64% of MSRP – .00140 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 53% of MSRP – .00140 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 42% of MSRP – .00360 Base Money Factor Rate

Actually, these rates for 2007 are higher than those offered by BMW for the 2007 5-series ...

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 70% of MSRP – .00160 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 60% of MSRP – .00160 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 43% of MSRP – .00315 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 34% of MSRP – .00315 Base Money Factor Rate

So, there, for the new cars coming in, Audi appears more optimistic than ALG's stats suggest they should be.
    CarMan, can you post the August MF and residual for a 2006 A6 3.2 Quattro sedan, please?

Thanks,
    sfcharlie

P.S. If anyone else knows these figures, please post.
    Car_Man,

You have posted the August MF and residual for a 2006 A6 3.2 Quattro sedan, 12K/yr and 36 mos as .00105 and 47%.

Are the figures for the same car, but for 15K/yr and 36 mos, .00105 and 45%? MF provided by local dealer here in California, on Lease Review sheet I took home, appears to be .00125. Thought I'd double-check with you before questioning him.

Thanks,
    sfcharlie
    Car_Man ... I somehow posted my request twice (#227 and #228) ... I thought I was editing #227...Charlie
  • billmvbillmv Posts: 142
    sfcharlie

Am I reading your numbers (or your interpretation) incorrectly? It appears as though the BMW rates are higher, not AFS'. e.g. AFS 36/15k = 53% & .00140, vs. BMW 36/15k = 60% & .00160.

These are obviously factory generated residuals, but I always thought the intent of the factory sponsored lease programs was to get a relatively low mileage used car back into the dealership so they could sell it again. You always read about how the dealers "make more on a used car than they do on a new car." I have no idea if that's true or not. Does anybody? When you look at the big jump in MF from 36 to 48 months from virtually every manufacturer, you get the impression that they really do not want the cars back if you're going to lease them for more than 36 months. Why? Must be too hard to sell at that point is all I can figure.

When I leased my wife's MB four years ago we used a private lease company and they used Bank of the West. Residuals were much lower at BWE (44% vs. 53% at MB), but the MB MF was .0036 vs. BWE's .0026. That, and a jacked up acq fee at MB, swung the deal in favor of the private lease co.

Thoughts, anyone?
  • I am planning to lease a 2007 A6. I'm wondering if I'm anyone can tell me if I'm getting a reasonable deal. Here are the details:

2007 A6 3.2 Quattro
    Options: Premium(WB6), Convenience(PPX), Technolgy(WTC), and heated Steering wheel (2ZM)
    MSRP: $54,220
    Sale Price: $53,000
    Lease Term: 36 months, 10,000mi/yr, $.25/mile over 30,000.
    Residual Value: 56% of MSPR
    Money Factor: .0014
    Additional Security Deposits: $6750 (9 at 750 each, lowers the MF from .0020 to .0014)
    Monthly Payment: $751 ($628 depr, 117 interest, $6 lux tax)

Looking at the lease deals people were getting on 2006 A6's has given me pause.

Thanks for the insight and feedback.
  • My lease is about up on my 2003 4.2 A6 and i am looking for a 2007 4.2 A6. What are the residuals and MF for Sept.? any other incentives like the dealer cash for non-AFS leases, etc. I am coming off an AFS lease. Any credit for returning Audi/AFS customers? Thanks much for your help.
  • You're very welcome, skollie14. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • No problem, jjomalley. I;m glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey Charlie. I don't know if you have leased yet or not, but for the month of September Audi decided to stop providing lease support on 2006 models. This isn't necessarily a bad thing because the dealer cash that it is providing on them was not compatible with Audi Financial Services' special lease money factors anyhow. Your best bet is to lease this car through an independent bank and use the $6,000 dealer cash that Audi is currently providing on it to negotiate a very low capitalized cost. Unfortunately I do not personally keep tabs on the lease programs that independent banks are offering, but dealers usually have computer systems that enable them to search the country to see what banks are running the most attractive lease programs on a particular vehicle at any given time.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi again Charlie :). I am not surprised that the lease through an independent bank using the dealer cash and AFS' lease program end up with monthly payments that are about the same. Manufacturers often provide dealer cash allowances on vehicles at the end of the model year that are fairly similar to the cost of providing lease support.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi johnscar. The lease money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this car are right in line with Audi Financial Services' current program for it. This is always a good sign because it means that the dealer you are working with is not trying to mark up your car's money factor to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal.

Now let's take a look at this car's selling price. You are only being given a discount of $1,200 on this car. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the A6 right now, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition I personally would not be surprised if you were able to beat this price. Make sure to check out the following discussion here at Edmunds.com to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, petrie3. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this car for and what sort of mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A6 4.2 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 52%, respectively. Audi is providing close out dealer cash on 2006 A6 models, but it does not currently have any cash on 2007 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ccapccap Posts: 40
    2007 A6 4.2, MSRP of 62k.
    The dealership said
    $2,800 up front (first, security, aqu fee)
    36 months 12k miles
    $960 month

Is this the range I woul dbe paying for a 62k car? Seems high
  • Thanks Car Man! I am looking for a lease of anywhere from 2-4 years depending on where the "sweet spot" of lease rates, residuals, dealer cash and negotiated Cap Cost is on these cars. I only need 10K miles/year. Thanks again.
  • 2007 A6 4.2
    MSRP: 496,900
    selling price: 476,900
    36 months
    12K miles
    Res. Value: 54%
    MF: 0.00155
    No down
    Orange county, Southern California
    $751 + tax = $809

is this a good deal?
  • What kind of deal can I get on a 07 A6 3.2 Auto Multitronic™ FrontTrak® with these options..
    Options:
    Sunroof Package $1,450
    Premieum Package $2,500
    MSRP: 46,490
    24 or 36 (which ever is better) month lease 12k miles.
  • Is this a good deal.
    It's a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Quattro: MSRP: $49,190

Model Year: 2006
    Model: 4F25NL A6 3.2 SEDAN 4-DR AUTO QUATTRO
    Exterior Color: B5B5 ARCTIC WHITE
    Interior Color: NK EBONY
    Options: 0LM CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS
    6W9 FRONT PLATE FILLER PANEL
    N1F LEATHER SEATING INSERTS
    PPX PREMIUM PACKAGE
    QV8 SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO
    WB6 SUNROOF PACKAGE

36 months/ 12K per year with $2500 total out of pocket @ $682.00 per month including CA tax.

He told me he would give it to me 6k under invoice, which would come out to around 39,500, but with that payment its hard to believe that.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    This has been discussed before.

Taking dealer cash and getting a huge discount off a 2006 model might not be the best thing to do when leasing. The car is already 1 year old, and the banks kill the residuals and money rate factors. You can't use Audi for leasing when you take dealer cash, so you're at the mercy of other banks.
  • Greetings ccap. The best way to tell if this lease is a good deal is to find out this car's selling price. This is a very important number for consumers to know because it shows you how much of a discount they are being given and it enables them to estimate what their vehicle's lease payment should be. I would be happy to share my thoughts on this lease with you if you provide me with this car's selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.