Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• jeqqjeqq Posts: 216
    Can you post the 3.2 lease rate for 42 month/15k. I'd like to know.

Also the A6 4.2: 36month/15k and the 42month/15k.

Thanks again
  • Car_man:

Do you have the new money factors and residuals for a 2008 S6?
    for 24 and 36 months at 15K and for 12K.

Thank you
  • markb5markb5 Posts: 6
    Hello and thanks in advance for your thoughts on the following figures:

I've been quoted the following from two So Cal Audi Dealers - both we're Internet Specials if that means anything:

2008 A6 3.2 CVT

10K/36

MSRP: $49,165 w/options
    Invoice: $45,732 +Audi Ad Buy $550 = $46,282
    Sell Price: $44,794
    Audi Care: not discussed
    Buy Money Factor: .00027
    Residual: 48% of MSRP

Drive-off cost:

1st payment: $621** This would be the monthly note ** Does it 'add' up ?
    Security Deposit: Waived as returning Audi customer.
    Cap Reduction Cost: $1259 (I'm "ok" with this to keep the note down)
    Acquisition Fee: $575
    Document/DMV/tire fees/taxes: $543

Total: $2999
  • shawn757shawn757 Posts: 132
    It's .00045 rate with security deposit. Otherwise it's .00060
    The exact car I got was

AUDI A6 QUATTRO
    MSRP: 57265
    Invoice: 53267
    Sell Price: 50824
    Audi Care: 590
    Money Factor: .00045
    Residual: 44% of MSRP

Drive-off cost:

1st payment: $707 including tax for 42 months with 15K miles a year.
    Security Deposit: $750
    Document/DMV/tire fees/taxes: $470.74

Total: 2502.74

The car options are

Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Audi Navigation System
    19" Alloy Wheels w/Summer Performance Tires
    Premium Paint Charge
    Sport Suspension
    Audi Music Interface
    Front License Plate Holder
    Color Adjustment Phantom Black Pearl Effect

The car with $717 a month I posted earlier was sold. There were twins. The sold car had sunshades thats why $10.00 less than the payment.

How can you say it's questionable? This is the deal I got. The best part is there was 2 dealers who were willing to do this out of 8 dealers. And the car was also a dealer trade in not a car that they had in stock. They had to truck it and bring it at their cost to their dealership. If the dealer was loosing money I don't think they would go this far to sell a car! Thats why I beleive him when he said $3000 from Audi on top of $1500 dealer cash. Since 2 dealers was willing to do it that statement should be true.
    I was told this weekend about the $3,000. I was also "informed" that it is no longer available as of January. Is that correct?

You did well, enjoy the car.

TIA
    Hello Car Man

What's your impression of the following #'s I've been offered:

'08 3.2 Quattro w/ Premium &iPod (that's it) @ 10K/36K

MSRP: 50,175
    Invoice: 47,725 (includes Ad buy cost of $550)
    Sell Price: 45,875
    Residual: 48% of MSRP

Drive-off cost:

1st payment: $613
    Cap Reduction Cost: $1259 (I'm "ok" with this to keep the note down unless you strong advise otherwise)
    Document/DMV/tire fees/taxes: $543

Total: $2,990

Eager to hear your thoughts as I'm heading back to downtown Los Angeles Audi this weekend to discuss again.

Thanks !
    I am not sure. I know the $1500 is still available but don't know about the $3000. Dealer told me that they had better incentive back in November. He said they could have done about $50 better for 36 moth 15k that what they offered me in December which was $740. I choose the 42 months since the payment was lowered to $707.
    You will easily do better at Rasnak Audi in Pasadena or at Penski
    "You will easily do better at Rasnak Audi in Pasadena or at Penski"

yeah ok... what do you mean by that ? Better Net Cap Cost, better drive off, better money factor etc etc...

Elaborate please.
    Better Document/DMV/tire fees/taxes for sure.
    Maybe even without net cap cost reduction you might be able to get that payment.
    Money factor seems ok. Residual seems a little low for 10K miles a year. Do you have Audi care in there? Car man would be the best person to give you those values I think.

I don't know what programs they have this month. Jeqq says the hidden $3000 is no longer there for Jan.

Contact the internet sales department of both dealerships and see what they will offer. It won't hurt to do so.
    These are #'s I'm currently at... Car Man your thoughts ?

'08 3.2 Quattro w/ Premium & iPod (that's it) 10K/36K

MSRP: $50,175
    Invoice: $46,415 (includes Ad buy cost of $550)
    Sell Price (Net Cap Cost): $45,179
    Residual: 49% of MSRP

Drive-off cost:

Cap Reduction Cost: $1235 (I'm "ok" with this to keep the monthly note down)
    Document/DMV/tire fees/taxes: $543 reasonable ??

... are you guys around ??

These are #'s I'm currently at... Car Man your thoughts ?

'08 3.2 Quattro w/ Premium & iPod (that's it) 10K/36K

MSRP: $50,175
    Invoice: $46,415 (includes Ad buy cost of $550)
    Sell Price (Net Cap Cost): $45,179
    Residual: 49% of MSRP
    Monthly Note: $613

Drive-off cost:

Cap Reduction Cost: $1235 (I'm "ok" with this to keep the monthly note down)
    Document/DMV/tire fees/taxes: $543 reasonable ??

Thanks
  • I'm trying to lease an A6 Avant but the monthly payments just seem to keep going up (originally quoted close to $800, then $870 now $942)

2008 A6 Avant standard paint and interior. Premium, iPod, Cold, Tech, Nav, rear side airbags which stickers at $57.5k, sales price to me would be $55.5k

36 month lease 15k miles, no cap cost reduction leaves me with a drive off of $2,500 and a monthly payment for 35 months of $942!!!

Doesn't that seem high? :surprise:
  • Here you go, jeqq. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A6 4.2 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00027 and 46%, respectively. I posted this program instead of the 42 month program because the money factor for a 36 month lease of this car is about half of the factor for a 42 month lease (.00052).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I sure do, evan7578. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 S6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00305 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00305 and 51%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year its residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi markb5. This looks like a very good deal. After taking the $1,500 cash incentive that Audi is currently providing on leases of the 2008 A6 into account, it is probably equivalent to around a little over $900 over dealer invoice...which isn't bad. Plus, the dealer that you are working with is using Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment. If it includes sales tax, the payment that you mentioned looks about right to me. If you like the car, I personally do not see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey markb5. I just replied to your earlier message. Please check there for my response and let me know if you need anything else.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey markb5. See above :) . Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi cschmelz. The current dealer invoice price for the A6 that you described is around $53,637 (this is probably slightly higher than the invoice price of the stock unit that you're looking at). Plus Audi is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car. The selling price that you were quoted, $55,500, is probably equal to around $3,300 over dealer invoice after taking this cash incentive into account. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition I suspect that you can do better than this. Make sure to stop by the "Audi A6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately.

Car_man
    Host
    First of all - thanks Car Man for your thoughts...

So just to confirm as I'm now definitely looking go with the '08 3.2 Quattro (my 2nd listing & query) - the #'s look reasonable there as well correct ??

thanks again !
  • Hi guys,

I am interested in leasing an 08 Audi S8. Wondering if I could get the residual and money factor for 10,000 miles per year - 24,36, and 48 month lease.

Also, contemplating just going with a V8 4.2 Quattro A6 (because it's considerably less expensive! :) ) so I'd be interested in the same information for that as well.

Thanks very much in advance!
    I went for the A6 4.2, 42 month/ 15k lease, which lowered my payment by $36/month. My money factor was .00052. I would like to confirm the 43% residual with audi care that was quoted on this lease.

Thanks again
  • gsjivgsjiv Posts: 18
    hello - in GA, currently have an A4 1/2 through 36 month lease w 36k miles allotted. I have 8k miles on it and near perfect condition. i would lie to upgrade to an a6 but dont want to put down any $ or pay much more per month.

strategies/reality issues? my thinking is since my car has 1/2 the use they can make $ on it quickly and get me in a lease for 3 more years.

is this doable? what should i ask for and expect?

thanks!!
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    You want a car that's $12,000 - 15,000 more expensive than your current A4, no money down, and keep your payments close to the same...and break your lease 1/2 way in ?

Forget it.
  • mgdmemgdme Posts: 1
    Car Man, I am considering buying a pre-certified 2007 A6 3.2 Quattro, since so many are coming on the market. I read that last year there was a special on a short term lease. I am interested in obtaining the lease terms that was offered, specifically the residual value. Also if it was a finance, were there any cash back programs which would have effected the trade in price to the dealer? I am trying to find out what room the dealership has to negotiate the price. Any ideas?
  • You're welcome, markb5. The money factor that you mentioned looks good to me. It is right in line with Audi Financial Services' buy rate for the 2008 A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro. The selling price that you were quoted, $1,200 over invoice, is OK, but if I was in the market for this car I personally would shoot for a larger discount than that. Furthermore, Audi is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of the '08 A6. So if the dealer that you are working with is not subtracting this cash from the price that you mentioned in your post, you definitely should be able to beat it by shopping around. Make sure to stop by the "Audi A6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi gophaster. Wow, you're certainly interested in some nice cars. Here's the info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Audi S8 with 10,000 miles per year are .00263 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00263 and 47%. The numbers for a 48 month lease are .00283 and 38%.

If you were to lease a 2008 Audi A6 4.2 Sedan with quattro through AFS right now for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be a much more attractive .00027 and 57%. Its 36 month numbers are .00027 and 49%. Its 48 month numbers are .00304 and 39%.

When negotiating your deal on the A6, make sure to take the $1,500 cash incentive that Audi is providing on leases of it through AFS into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi gsjiv. Unfortunately I don't believe that it will be possible for you to get out of your current A4 lease well before its scheduled end date and into a much more expensive vehicle without increasing your lease payment dramatically. In order to get out of your A4 lease now, you will need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mgdme. Unfortunately, given their relative lack of popularity compared to new vehicle leases I do not personally keep tabs on the details of used vehicle lease programs. The one thing that I can tell you is to make sure to compare the cost of leasing the '07 A6 that you are considering to the cost of leasing a similar brand new model. The high level of lease support on new vehicle leases and the general lack of it on used vehicle leases often makes the difference between them less than one might initially think.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.