Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• I am coming to the end of my 36 month A6 lease in 1 month. I have always told people that you don't lease to buy and you should do either or. But now I have a choice to make.

My residual is $25,450 and in looking for a new car and choosing between another A6, BMW 528 and a MB 350. The A6 and BMW are coming into a a full model change for 2011 and the E-350 has already had the changeover but I am not sure about the car.

I was thinking about buying the Audi A6 and then having a choice as to how long I want to drive it...whether it is until the end of 2010 or longer and for the amount of the purchase, cut the monthly in almost half.

I know the condition of the car as it has no rattles or squeaks...and I am due for the 45,000 mile service (whatever that is) as part of the pre-paid maintenance plan.

Any thoughts?

I hope that this "hybrid" question is OK on this forum.

Thank you

Elliot
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,261
    You will have to come up with sales tax again so figure that into the equation. figure keeping it at least 2-3 years more to make sense. You will be out of warranty but the chances are decent that since you know the car it will probably hold up. Still repairs could be very expensive. You could also check out VW which has great leases for the 3 year interim. The CC or the Tiguan [awd] -- the toureg is pricey but nice. No cost maintenance. The real deal would be the jetta sportwagon/sedan tdi. Gti is roomy and a blast. The new passat is due next year.
  • Since we have some weird laws in TX, I did not pay any sales tax on the lease...you get a credit from the leasing company that handles it. I am used to paying 8.25% per month in California. Yes, I would have to pay sales tax on the $25k if I purchased it.

The cars has new brake pads and tires (both 5000 miles use) and has been serviced up to factory standards with 1 remaining service at 45K.....and I still have 8k worth of warranty left.

I have not "owned" a car since 1970 as I have only leased for tax reasons. So, it is just a way to look at a purchase to be flexible and not have to get a car next month and I can choose from all of the new models that are coming.

I looked at the VW for my wife and saw the "CC" only had certain interiors etc.....I would prefer to get what I choose rather than what the limited choices are.

Elliot
  • my 9 yr E320 is gwetting older and i want something new. Like the E350 and like the A6. any thoughts would be appreciated. What about waiting for the 2011 A6?
  • Hi obiwan1. The triple zero 19 that I posted is correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Looking for Feb numbers on 2010 A6 T3.0 36 months 12K Premium Plus
    Thanks a lot!
  • Looking to get an 2010 A6 Prestige 3.0 , 3yr 15,000 mile lease. Anyone know the money factor on that vehicle and Residuals?
  • Dear Eliot,
    I would not recommend buying A6 2007. My 36 month lease with 18K miles per year was up a few days ago. My millage was 52K just 2K over the warranty but still within the limit. One day the car would not start and I was told by a dealer to pay $1300 for the repair of electrical system including buying a brand new $300 battery. The car was regularly serviced, I did not have any problems before and really enjoyed it. I guess the German engineers designed it to last for only 50K.mikes so that Audi would not spent much money fro the warranty repair. Once warranty is gone Audi is making money on selling parts and labor. Thank God I did not buy this junk as I was tempted by a low residual value. Best wishes.
  • bornoborno Posts: 77
    A little skeptical of your situation. Obviously things can break here and there, that doesn't kill the benefits of owning. Although I agree, I'd lease new over buying new any day. I usually buy a year or two old,(certified) and keep it over 6-7 years. That's hard now given the great new technology that keeps coming in this newly competitive industry!.

So, I need a car asap; mine was totalled. Off duty cop turned into my line, no injuries, his fault. Got $7.5K for my 00 A6,2.7TQ,MT. Loved it. It was only worth 2.5K on trade cause of bad cats.

I'm between a 08 A6 4.2, it has sport suspension(a must), and is certified. Stickered around $64K, and asking $43K, a decent discount from sticker, actually saw two similar cars both with low 20K miles on them.

I am also a good lease candidate, though I've never leased B4. (low annual miles, business write off, take car of my cars, like newest tech toys) So my two questions:

Lease new, and have a decision to make in 39 month or buy used and keep long term?
    If I leased new I'd go with the 3.0T, maybe chip it after the lease if I buy it out, or the used 4.2?, great natural engine pretty good discounts on cars, but older tech

HELP.......thanks in advance for ideas suggestions or comments
    Still love the cayenne gts.stick, but have finally come to my senses...lol
  • The reviews are saying the T3.0 is almost as good as the 4.2 in every way. The price/weight/fuel make the T3 a better option IMO
  • Can anyone confirm that the money factor for Feb. for A6 39 month lease quatro is .00019.

Thank you
  • Here you go, mattsam. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.0T Sedan Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00019 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi khan95osu. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.0T Prestige Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00019 and 44%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi luvaudi. I can confirm that the money factor that you mentioned is correct for a 39 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.0T Sedan this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • Carman:

Thanks for confirming the money factory, I just leased an A6 w/Premium Pkg., 15k, 39 months for $599.00 with only TTL down. How do you think I did?
  • I think that is awesome where did you get that at?
    Matt
  • bornoborno Posts: 77
    FINALLY, after a looooong search, I think I found her!
    Thanks for all the help!!!

'07 Audi S6 with 34K, three year old, certified with audi care, has brand new set of winter snows and rims, white with black interior, with carbon fiber inlays, tech pkg., and warm package(rare, it replaces the glass moonroof with solar panels that operate fans to change the air in the car when its parked.

the only options it doesn't have are adaptive cruise(regular cruise will b ok, wont use it much any way), driver side leather dash(nice but oh well), and the silver optioned head liner(this I'd like and may look into), also will need the i pod interface installed(expensive, any ideas?, hear $1k, from one dealer, $2K from another, but i will get it factory oem.

Car was sold and serviced buy selling dealer, who also capped my shipping costs at $500. 25 year audi salesman, previous owner trade it and an older porsche for a new S5 cab, my other dream car. Also getting 1.9% from audi for 24 months!

Pretty psyched!, will give price details later, may purchase the cpo audi care which covers additional 2 services. Any other ideas?? This is a beast of a car!

lexusguy was right, more S6s than 4.2, and only $1-2K more than the '08 4.2!

THANK U!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited February 2010
    You're very welcome, luvaudi. Congratulations on getting your sweet new ride. I've always liked the A6.

The payment that you were given looks pretty good, but it is difficult for me to give you a detailed evaluation of this deal without knowing what this car's MSRP and approximate selling price are. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car man check my numbers tell me what you think

MSRP $53165 3.0T premium plus
    Neg $51,744
    15K Miles
    .00019mf
    36 months
    Residual 48%
    My tax rate is 9% (high in this area)
    only first note out the door $869.50 (TTL rolled in)

There was only 3 cars in the 100 mile radius, and the color I wanted Oyster Gray/Light gray with dark walnut wood

Monthly note $869.50
  • Car_man:

As you requested here is the info I left out:

MSRP: $53k
    Neg. Price: $46,250.00
    Sales Tax 5%

Thanks for your help.
  • I made this deal at Carousel Audi, Iowa City. They had only one of these cars. Good luck, I love my car.
  • I have a lease offer from a dealer in Michigan for an A6 premium plus, MSRP 53075, negotiated price 51675. Its a 39 month, 10k lease, with audi care, and a residual of 26006. I'm putting 2500 down, and the base monthly payment is 632, with tax 670. The MF rate is .00039, which bothers me in light of the previous posts indicating the MF rate is 00019. Should I try to get a lower MF rate, or some other adjustment in price?

Thanks
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,261
    Premium plus has higher mf than premium I believe.
  • It takes high credit to get that money factor, maybe that is the issue. I got the exact car you are talking about at MF .00019 so if you credit is good you should be able to get it also. Its through Audi Financial (VW)
    Matt
  • gtligtli Posts: 27
    Hi Car_man.

Does Audi have any financing specials for CPO?
    I am interested in an '07 A6, 60 months.

Thanks.
    Hi mattsam. The lease program that you were quoted looks good. Let's look at the other major negotiable aspect of this deal, the selling price.

The car that you described probably has a spread of around $3,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were quoted a dealer discount of a little over $1,400. I personally would try to negotiate a lower selling price than that. Of course, if you really want a specific combination of color and options that's hard to find you hamper your ability to negotiate some.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, luvaudi. Thanks for the additional information.

The car that you described has a spread of around $3,600 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were given a whopping $6,700 discount on it. That is an amazing deal. You aren't going to be able to do better than that. Congratulations on getting such a good deal. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gtli. Normally I don't keep tabs on CPO incentives, but I did happen to see Audi's used vehicle program the other day. Audi is currently offering 1.9% financing for two years, 2.9% for three to four years, and 3.4% for five years on CPO 2007 A6 models.

Car_man
    Host
  • mattsammattsam Posts: 22
    Thanks carman, I didn't push the sale price too much. It was the exact combo I wanted and I was told to get the car over the weekend.

For everyone interested, the A6 is a fabulous car!
  • jitendra1jitendra1 Posts: 35
    What does TTL mean? How much was that for you upfront?
This discussion has been closed.