Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• suv800suv800 Posts: 40
    Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for an A6 Quattro 3.2 with these options.
    1. WB6 Premium Package;
    2. PTA Technology Package;
    3. PND Audi Navigation System
    4. PAW Cold Weather Package
    on 36 months, 10000 miles per year lease. no money down, would like to put everything into the payment. out of pocket / drive off will be the first month's paymet.
    I'm in New York City, sales tax 8.375%

MSRP $55125.00 Invoice $51320.00 ( I got these numbers for Edmunds.com)

Residual Value =
    Money Factor =

Can anyone please give me an answer for the residual value for 10000miles, 12000miles, 15000miles.

I thank you very much

William
  • glfanglfan Posts: 13
    Here's the residue chart on a 36-month lease:

47% for 15k miles
    49% for 12k miles
    50% for 10k miles

If you purchase the optional $650 Audi maintenance package, you can add another 1% to the residue. On a $50k car, it kind of pays itself. However, the package doesn't include any wear and tear items such as brake pads. To get the residue value, apply the % from above to the MSRP.

Money factor is a steal, 0.00033. That's equivalent to less than 1% APR. Hope it helps.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi jdmass. Audi has actually raised the $1,500 cash incentive that it was providing on A6 leases in February to $2,000 in March.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • dtopgeardtopgear Posts: 8
    Does that rebate and money factor include the Avant? Thanks!
  • jpdcjpdc Posts: 17
    I'm currently leasing a 2004 A6. My lease expires in July and I'm trying to decide whether to buy my current car or to lease a 2008.

I gather that Audi is offering extremely low money rates for new leases -- less than 1%. But those rates seem to be expiring soon. Does anyone know if they are likely to be extended? Also, if they're expiring and I want to move now to take advantage of them, any experience with my options? Will I have to buy out the current lease or is there any other possibility?

Finally, last time around, my cap cost was way below MSRP -- probably just about invoice. What's the real life situation these days?
  • luvaudi19luvaudi19 Posts: 34
    Guys and gals, I just got off the phone with my area rep. Got great news for you.

In addition to the $2000 lease incentive on 2008 A6 leases, there is also an extra $1500 available now. Money factors are still low at .00018 and residuals will vary by engine/drivetrain.

-Jerry
  • dbrousedbrouse Posts: 4
    Wow! Thanks Jerry. Is the $3500 exclusive to the CA area, or is that Nationwide? Also, I was in the Audi Dealership today, and they were giving me higher Money Factors. Do dealers mark these rates up?
    Dealers often do mark up the money factors or interests rates. It's another profit center for the dealership. In terms of the extra incentive monies, I think it varies by region, as I am on the West Coast and the call was from my regional rep. I do not see any nationwide bulletins for the extra incentives.

-Jerry
  • dbrousedbrouse Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply. Very informative.
  • cabluecablue Posts: 48
    Thanks for the info. Am I correct in understanding that there's a $3,500 incentive, a residual of 49 or 50% on a 12/36 mo. lease? Is the MF .00033 or .00018? I've seen both now. I'm very new at this and trying to figure it all out, hoping for a new car by this weekend. I'm in CA also.
  • Crap. I just went out and signed a lease order on a 2008 Audi A6 3.2 Quattro w/ Prem, CW and iPod.

I thought the incentive was just the $2,000 as was originally posted. So when I got an offer of $2,411 under invoice I jumped at it (I figured the dealer had contributed some cash). I live in NY. Can anyone confirm the extra $1500 incentive exists on the East Coast? Because if so, that gives me another $1K worth of negotiation room to bring the payment down.

FYI, if anyone's curious, I'm currently at $679 (sales tax in the payment - 8.625%) for 36 months with 15K miles/year and only money out-of-pocket is First Month's Payment and DMV Fees. I was quoted a residual of 48% (47% + 1% for Audi Maintenance Package) and a money factor of 0.00018.
    You are correct in that there is truly $3500 now. The money factor is based on previous Audi Finacial customer or not. the extra .00015 is for security deposit waiver.

I'm not always on the forums, so you can feel free to use the email in my profile for quicker answers.

-Jerry
    Don't worry, I think the extra 1500 is Western Region only.

-Jerry
  • Hey Jerry,

Thanks for the information. I confirmed that the extra $1500 is in fact in NY as well. After reading your post, I called several other dealers and asked them to match or beat the deal I got ($679 incl. tax for 36mos/15Kmiles w/ FMP+DMV OOP). One dealer actually walked me through the process and told me that the $2000 was a manufacturer to dealer incentive and the $1500 was a capitalized cost contribution.

Translation:
    The $2000 is applied towards the negotiated selling price of the car.
    The $1500 is basically Audi giving you $1500 to put down on the car which is why my deal required so little out of pocket.

After conferring with other dealers, no one could match the deal I got except maybe for a few dollars off. So I stuck with the deal and could not be happier.

I went to several Audi dealers in Long Island and have done a lot of the legwork, so if anyone wants to benefit from it and pick my brain, feel free to PM/e-mail me or just respond here.

In closing, I'd like to thank everyone in this forum for the immense amount of help they've given me in getting my last few lease deals. Leasing a car is no small task and is a huge commitment but the information given on this forum eases things up a lot. Because of this forum, a few years back I realized that I had to start shopping by which car had the best lease program rather than which car I wanted to get. I think we all are okay with dealers making a fair and reasonable profit, we just want to know what we are being charged for openly and honestly so we can make a rational decision.

This board and others like it do so much to level the playing field between dealers and customers and have totally transformed the car leasing/buying process for so many people. And people like me who are frequent post-readers but seldom post ourselves are the ones that benefit from it. So for that, and to all the people who have helped me and my friends and family save tens of thousands of dollars, I say thank you.
  • Here's the official statement from Audi's website about the additional $1500 (audiusa.com):

Audi is pleased to offer you $1,500* towards the lease of a new 2008 Audi A6.

*This offer is valid for a limited time only and can be combined with all other current Audi offer including special AFS lease rates. Offer requires financing with Audi Financial Services. New contract must be signed and vehicle delivery taken from dealer stock by May 2, 2008. Valid at participating Audi dealerships in the United States only. For complete details, please see dealer or call 1-800-FOR-AUDI.
  • vkjvkj Posts: 67
    i have a 2005 audi allroad whose lease is expiring at the end of June 08. the car seems to have held up its value pretty well. its a low mileage car with 23k on the odometer. the residual is around 25k and i would like some options and strategies about releasing it. the original msrp was about 44k and it think its blue book is around 28k. also i have a lease protection policy of about $5000 and i am trying to see if i can get this to cover some of the issues with the car or get an allowance for when it is eventually turned in ( the car needs new tires and the bumpers are pretty marked up from living and Parking in NYC). I saw on leasecompare.com Audi may have some pretty attractive lease rates on used audi's. I figure i would have to work with an audi dealer and that could make the car CPO and then lease it back to me.

please provide any information here or direct me to the correct forum.

thanks
  • trw4trw4 Posts: 1
    The advertised deal is $999 down, $575 acq fee, $549 1st mo pymt for total due up front of $2,123. 36 mo lease of $549 a mo. MSRP of $50,425 invoice of $46,950 (prem pkg incl $775 destination). MF of .00018 and 50% residual for 10k mi / yr. I tried to work backwards into the numbers from what I know. It appears Audi is basing these lease #'s on a sales price of $44,950 which is $2,000 below the invoice.

Any thoughts about this lease offer? Is this one to jump on? I know several months ago the offer was $579 with $4k+ due at signing.
  • As mentioned earlier, Audi is also providing a $1500 cap cost contribution in addition to the $2000 incentive. With the added contribution, it should make your total due up front around $600. As far as the deal, I don't know what the $999 down is about but the $549 a month does not include sales tax, title or registration so that has to be added as well.

After a long time researching lease programs and wanting the A6, I finally jumped on the recent A6 promotion. The Audi money factor has been stellar for a while now but the residuals have always been pretty bad. It seems now that the auto industry is in a monumental slump, Audi's providing what amounts to a $3500 incentive to make its lease programs competitive with those of BMW, Acura, Volvo, etc.

As far as jumping on this deal, I needed a car right away and I thought the Audi was the best car in its class. There are other deals to be had, however. I got quotes on the 528xi, A6 3.2 quattro, RL w/tech, Infiniti M35x, S80 V8 AWD and with the same deal structure, they all came within $25-35/month of one another (All under $680/month including NY tax). Which for me, meant that price was basically a wash and I was free to choose the car based on other factors.

The S80 was heavily promoted the last few months and I'm sure that it will be the cheapest of the bunch when similarly equipped (I priced mine with the V8 instead of the V6).
    The RL is probably the best bang for the buck. It comes with the tech package so that pretty much has all the added options you would want in a car.
    The Infiniti M35x is a great car but the ride is a bit stiff and having a good friend who has a Murano, the interior felt far too 'Nissan' for me to spend that much money on.
    The 528xi is a great car and was the main alternative, but it received poor frontal crash test results from the NHTSA and poor side crash test results from the IIHS, which ruled it out for me.
    The A6 was the best balance for me. Best pick by IIHS. 5-star crash tests by NHTSA. Great driving dynamics. Very roomy and luxurious interior. Great standard options and inclusion of Audi Care Plan at a very very minimal cost.

I also had originally considered the Cadillac CTS and the Mercedes Benz E350 but the CTS came out to the same price as the above cars and and I just felt that these cars were a step up. And the E350 was just way too expensive. The only car I didn't really consider because I don't like the brand or the interiors much was Jaguar.

So that's why I chose the A6. Bottom line: There are a LOT of deals out there right now. And in the midsize/large luxury sedan segment, all the cars are relatively similar in price and the dealers/manufacturers know this. Do your research. Make sure whatever decision you make, that you get the best deal. But in the end, drive the car you want to (and will hopefully love to) drive for the next 3 years.

Just my .02
  • I think I got a pretty good deal- what does everyone think:
    A6 3.2 quattro, Premium pkg, Tech pkg, Cold Weather pkg., Audi Care
    MSRP $53,525, invoice$49,833
    negot. price $48,892
    $3k down includes: $1,025 fees, 1st month payment of $533.82, the rest down payment)
    36 month, 12K with MF of .00018 and residual of 50%
    monthly payment = $533.82
    I think I did OK thanks to this website.
  • capsfancapsfan Posts: 5
    Jefferiah -

Just wondering where did you get the deal?
This discussion has been closed.