Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• Ira Audi, Danvers, MA. I think it was a good timing thing- they were trying to get rid of a silver w/ grey interior that was on the lot for awhile. That's what they said- not really sure how that works, but they were anxious to move this particular one. Wasn't my 1st choice of color but that's OK.
  • I would appreciate some input.

I just got quoted the following lease rates for the cvt, non quattro A6:

36 month 15k a year 46% and .00080

24 month 15k a year 54% and .00080

I am a USAA member so I get the car at 1000 under invoice plus any incentives. Can someone clarify the 2000 plus 1500 rebates/incentives and also confirm if the .00080 is right or wrong, as I have seen .00018 and .00033?

Thanks
  • luvaudi19luvaudi19 Posts: 34
    currently, the money factor from AFS is .00018. The dealer is marking-up the rate.
  • fonefixerfonefixer Posts: 247
    Just make sure you give the car back after the lease is up. Have had almost 9 years of Audi ownership experience and this is not the type of automobile to OWN. Audis are lease-type vehicles that are given back at the end of the lease/warranty, no questions asked.
  • tee2nutee2nu Posts: 2
    Hi,

I think I just got ripped off by a Audi Dealer in San Jose. They did not give me a clear money factor even they told me that the APR % was 2.5%. I signed the contract and need to sign a couple of more paperwork once the car is delivered. Is there anyway I can cancel the contract?

I am paying $920/month for 15k/36mo. This includes taxes. The price negotiated is $900 over invoice for a total of $53,571.

I really need help in getting this renegotiated or cancelled all together. Is there anyway to do this.

Is the $3500 dealer incentive still in effect with a MF of .00018? I am going to raise hell and give the dealer a very poor service if I can't get this resolved.

Thank you in Advanced for all your help! :mad:
    In CA, nothing is final until you take delivery of the car. If you have, you're SOL. If you have not yet....then call the dealer and tell them you are no longer interested: don't tell them because you think they ripped you off, but "something changed" in your life or some other PC excuse....

You are correct about the dealer incentive and the MF.
  • mishmash1mishmash1 Posts: 16
    I'm a Current 2005 A6 leasee Looking to lease a new A6 with an MSRP of $55080. I've read there is $3500 total in incentives .Are they still available? Is this off the negotiated price or the MSRP? I'm looking for 36 mo. 15K a year. Is the residual still 47% for that? Will I get an additional 1% with the care plan still? Money factor still .00018?? Thank you all. You were a great help on my last lease. Looking for help again. I'll post my final deal for others. Any other suggestions? What is a good target for final cap cost? A lot here I know, sorry.
  • tee2nutee2nu Posts: 2
    Thanks luvaudi19. I took your advice and they re-negotiated. :) This forum is what the consumers need! My deal is below:

$2500 off Invoice Price
    and MF .00043 about 1% apr
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    920 mo on an 53k A6 3.2 sounds high.

Are you putting any money down, or trading something in w/ negative equity?

If the car isn't delivered and sitting in your driveway, you can refuse to take delivery.

Some laws state that if a customer never drove a car off the lot, the paperwork can't be enforced unless it hits the curb so to speak.

Also, if signatures are missing, they can't send the paperwork in anyway.

Even w/ no money down on a sign and drive, you should be able to lease a 53-54k A6 for low to mid 700's.
    Hi, tee what was your msrp/invoice/final cap cost/monthly payment? Your MF was higher then others have posted here? I've seen .00018 about .5% which sounds crazy but very nice.
    I'm getting quotes $2000 below invoice in the northeast but a higher MF (.00028) same residuals. Does anyone know of the $1500 extra in the northeast? Also, is anyone aware of other fees? Bank, dealer fees aside from DMV?
    Thanks loggie I was at the website too. How'd I miss that.
  • jabberjabber Posts: 56
    $575 Acquisition AND and $350 disposition. The acquisition fee is to be expected, but a disposition fee of $350??? Has anyone successfully negotiated that?
    sorry mate, but both are determined by AFS (Audi Financial Services) and the dealer has no control over this
  • jam550jam550 Posts: 10
    Hello all,

Great insights on this board - I am hoping to just get to the bottom line and have folks list out what I should expect to pay to lease an A6 in Charlotte, NC. I will be looking for the base car with 36 months / 12k miles per year.

Please let me know what my target cap cost should be when I speak to the dealers. Thanks!
  • jam550jam550 Posts: 10
    Thanks - looks good but since I am in Charlotte and will be buying after 5/2 it won;t apply. Anyone else? I am really hoping to go to the dealership armed with a target cap cost next week. Again, looking for this for an A6 Quattro. Thanks!
  • jpdcjpdc Posts: 17
    There are no guarantees, of course, but I suspect that it will still apply -- more or less. I brought in my 2004 A6 for service last week and spoke to the dealership about my lease-end options in July. They advised sitting tight because they have a lot of A6s to sell and they expect that the offers will only improve.

My guy was upfront about the $3,500 in Audi cash that's available, at least in the DC area. Plus, he said I might qualify for $1,000 more in conquest money for "switching" from another luxury brand (my wife's car is a MB). Not sure if that will pan out, but it's in his interest if it does since I'm happy and he gets the money anyway from Audi. If that's not an option, and you currently drive an Audi, see if they're offering loyalty money instead. I was told there's none right now on the A6, but stay tuned because it moves around

Anyway, assuming all that's true, I don't plan to pay more than invoice (not MSRP) less $3,500. The dealer then makes $1,000 -- which is fair enough. And I'll try to shave $500 off that. I know they want to sell me my car because I had them do all my maintenance for the last 4 years, and that's where the dealerships really make their money these days.

Finally, don't let them make up the reduced sales price on the money factor. I'm not sure what it is right now, but others on this list will know. I do know it's heavily subsidized.

So, in sum, get the dealer invoice price from Edmunds with all the options you want, then reduce it by at least $2,500 (and more if you can qualify for one of the other rebates), and IMHO that should be your target.
    From personal experience in the car business, leases should get worse as the model year ends from here on out. As the new year models show up, lease support for the older model year actually goes away in favor of "marketing allowance" that cannot be combined with special subvented lease rates.

Currently, with the incentives on the vehicle and a money factor so close to 0, the current A6 lease really cannot get better as the year moves along (remember, the residual lowers as the model year moves along)
This discussion has been closed.