Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• My wife has an A4 Cabrio and we got a letter from the dealer in Jacksonville, FL offering employee pricing plus any other incentives available, for the next 3 days. What is the discount? Is it just hype?
  • check your email dt. good luck getting your deal!
  • Hi Car_man. I'm considering buying this vehicle that came off a 3 year lease in Sept. 2008. It has been sitting on the dealer lot since then. It was originally leased at the end of Sept. 2005. It has 25,000 miles, and is in excellent condition, and is certified. I'm trying to gather as much information as possible to try to get the price down, obviously. The car has heated rear seats, flappy paddle gear box, Smart Key, navigation system, and all the other stuff these come with. One owner who is a personal friend of the dealer who leases vehicles and turns them in every 3 years.

I'm also wondering how long they will try to sell this before dumping it at auction, and if they do that, what they might get at auction. It seems that KBB trade in value is not going to be accurate in trying to determine how much the dealer has into this vehicle, so that's why all the questions here. I've never purchased a car coming off a lease before, and don't know much about leases. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Coleman97
  • Hi, I'm in Los Angeles and would love his name as well...! Thanks in advance for the help!!
  • That's a good question, Coleman97. I don't think that there really is any specific period of time that a dealer will keep a vehicle before trying to send it to auction. It probably varies from dealer to dealer and from car to car. Dealers will likely be more inclined to keep really nice cars and try to sell them themselves for as long as they can stand. I'm not sure what used A6s are fetching at auction right now. I personally follow the new vehicle market much more closely than the market for used vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car_man

Would it be possible to get the money factor and residual for a 2009 A6 4.2? Thanks for your time.
  • Hi roverlooker1. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A6 4.2 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00239 and 45%, respectively.

If you are a current AFS lessee, make sure to take the $1,500 owner loyalty incentive that Audi is providing on this car right now into account when negotiating your car's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks so much for the help. One other question-Does Illinois treat sale tax, when rolled into a lease, any differently than other states that results in an increase in the payment? A salesman once told me it did.. Thanks once again.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,708
    Illinois taxes the entire purchase price, rather than the payment.. So, yes.. taxes there are generally higher on leases than most other states...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi TwoDomes

Im in the LA area and definately in market for an 08-09 a6 lease.. can you please send me the name?

eric(dot)cotter(at)gmail.com

thank you!!
  • check your email eric.
  • Hi TwoDomes,

Looking too for a lease in LA Area. Can you forward the name to me as well?

Thank you very much!

drifty2000(at)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com
  • check your email mr drifty. be advised that while i was very happy with their sales manager, their customer service department has been atrocious in dealing with handling a refund check that was supposed to be issued. the sales manager is trying to fix the problem, but their finance and general managers are pretty poor at customer service in my opinion.
  • MSRP was around $44215 (after $5150 enhancement credit-- original MSRP was $49365).

One of the best car deals I've seen. BTW, what's enhancement credit? Thank you.
  • thanks easynone. they told me i was a real grinder at the dealership, which i take as a compliment!

my understanding is that enhancement credit is a euphemism for 'these cars arent selling at this price so lets lower the msrp to try to move units'. Lowering the msrp affects the residual value which makes the deal sweeter I believe.
  • Hello again twodomes,

My spam setting blocked your email address so I didn't get your email. Can you send again (I unblocked that domain name).

Thank you very much!
  • womblewomble Posts: 28
    Hi car man, what are the lease rates on an 09 A6 avant for 36 mths, 12,000 miles, top tier credit? Are there any dealer incentives out there right now? this car seems hard to find in the LA area... anyone have a positive dealer experience in socal? thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi womble. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A6 Avant Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00264 and 46%, respectively. The only cash incentive that I am aware of on this car right now is $1,500 lease loyalty cash to current AFS lessees who lease a new one.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man,

looking for residual and money factor for 36 month/12k lease on 09 A6 3.2 Quattro with prestige premium package.

Thanks
  • kgarykgary Posts: 180
    Its a trick question. There is no 2009 3.2 Quattro. 2008 was the last year for the 3.2 Quattro. You either want numbers on a 2009 3.2 front wheel drive or a 2009 3.0t Quattro.
This discussion has been closed.