Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Welcome fab_aq6. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    You're right, rheise. The money factor that you were quoted for this model is much higher than Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for it. It looks like the dealer that you are working with is giving you a large discount on this car and then trying to make back some of the lost profit on the back-end of your deal. I don't believe that you ever mentioned how long you want to lease this vehicle for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, but if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant through AFS right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00115 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • atlnlnatlnln Posts: 5
    Thanks for your reply! The "sticker" price was $56+change. They dealer said they would reduce by $1000.00 and another $1000.00 if I had a family member w/ a BMW or had previously owned a BMW. I also offered to pay $4500.00 at sale. Can't assume this would all go to cap cost reduction as there are other fees. So maybe 51K? Although I love the car, I am about over my "new car fever" :)
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Posts: 69
    Thanks Car_man,

I think they offered a respectable deal. They were offering the $1000 in loyalty cash and they were $1500 higher on my trade that any other dealer. They are making up for a 2002 CPO A6 that I bought that has been in the shop 13 times in 9 months. While the new A6 is an unbelieveable car, we have made the decision to NOT purchase another Audi (This was my first and last Audi). We love the car but the reliability is just unacceptable. And the 06 is not looking very good in that department already.
  • shehzyshehzy Posts: 5
    Thanks Carman for the info. I'm a bit confused on the residual value. In an earlier post on Jan 18th 2006, you had mentioned a RV of 52% on 15000 miles/yr and 2% more for 12,000 miles -- so if residual values are not expected to go up, is it 54% for 12K miles/yr for 36 months or 57% rv?

Thanks!
    You're welcome, atlnln. Let me begin by saying that $4,500 is way too much money to put down when leasing. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your Audi would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $4,500 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all. The most you should pay at signing is vehicle's first month's payment, security deposit, Audi Financial Services' $575 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees that you don't roll into the cap cost.

Let's estimate what this vehicle's lease payment should be using Audi's new April lease program. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant with an MSRP of $56,000 and a selling price of $54,000 through AFS right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $786.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, dolsey01. I don't blame you for switching brands. No matter how reliable a brans was in general, there's no way that I personally could bring myself to buy another one if I had as many problems with my first car as you did.

Car_man
    Host
    Sorry for the confusion, shehzy. This car's lease program just changed for April anyhow, so let's just start with a clean slate. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00056 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man in trying to lease an Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 Quattro with the following options,
    1. Sunroof Package
    2. Premium Package
    3. 18" Alloy Wheels
    4. Rear Sunshade
    MSRP: 49,940
    Invoice : 46,139
    The dealer has agreed to sell me the vehicle 1000 over invoice what should my payment really be?
  • seanshinseanshin Posts: 4
    I'm trying to figure out the A6 lease price with many dealers.. but.. still i'm curious about lease price...
    Here is the options which i pick..

Sunroof Package
    Premium Package..

so.. around MSRP was $45,490
    invoice was $41,887

and i try to lease the car for 24 monthes..

and the Mission Viejo offer me
    Down$5000(included every taxes and processing fee and first month payment)
    Monthly $ 525 include Tax..

so... is that resonable price? or too much? How much is the fair price?
    i'm very curious about other people how much are they paying?
    Hi ducati996. I see that you have good taste in motorcycles and cars :) . Your lease payment for the car that you are considering will vary depending upon how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro with an MSRP of $49,940 and a selling price of $47,139 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $629.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello seanshin. Let be begin by saying that $5,000 is way too much money to put down when leasing. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your A6 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $5,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all. At lease signing, all you need to pay are your vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment (I even think that Audi is waiving its security deposit requirement this month), a $575 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

In your post you mentioned this car's MSRP and dealer invoice prices, but never what its specific selling price is. Are you implying that you are getting this car for invoice? If so, that is a good deal. If not, what is your car's selling price. Keep in mind that Audi is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car in April to current owners of Audis or a number of other luxury brands.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks for the feedback i was going to put 4000 total down can you do the payment for 24 and 36 months i can do 12K or 15K.

Thanks again.
  • seanshinseanshin Posts: 4
    Thanks for answers...

i bought the A6 2006 CVT 3.2 sedan with sunroof and prem.packages.

the Deal was...
    for 24monthes 10,000 mile/year

$2200 singing pay...
    Capitalized cost reduction $479.07
    Taxes on Capitalized Cost reduction $37.13
    Frist Month $650 (in tax)
    no security Deposit,title,registration fees
    Acquisition $575
    License Fee $357
    sales Tax $48.05
    Documentary fee $ 45
    CA tire Fee $ 8.75

Total $2200

(but it doesnt show on the paper even i purchased Dingfree option $200 for 2year)

so, total i paid in cash was $2200(include dingfree)

the Gross Capitalized Cost : $43729.59 (i think it is selling price right?)

and i paid CCR $ 479.05
    so..

adjusted Capitalized Cost is $ 43250.52
    the residual value was $ 29753.60

so.. how does carman think about this deal?
  • Car man,

I live in NJ and look to enter into a 36month/15,000mile lease for a A6 3.2 with a premium package, sunroof package and navigation. The original MSRP is $50,440, selling price is $47,344 and adj selling price is $50,098 (capitalizing inception fees of: registeration $254, documentation $166, first monthly payment and 6% sales tax). Total Cap cost is $50,674. The dealership is suggesting a 51% residual and 0.00056 factor. Ignoring the $1000 rebate and assuming zero down payment, they are saying the lease payment is $735. Does that make sense, it seems high to me given the other posts here. Id love to hear your thoughts.
  • umguyumguy Posts: 3
    Could someone help me out with a lease.

I've got a car for a trade... a 2004 S4 w/ 47000 miles. Kelly Blue book is for 27,000 trade in, they appraised it at 24,000. I owe 20,000 on my loan. They offered to pay my loan off and give me $700 a month lease rate.

The sticker on the A6 is 53,000. 3.2, Premium and technology package, sunroof and cold weather. I feel like I am getting the raw end of the deal here as I am not familiar with leases. Could someone please let me know if this is a good deal or what I should ask for..

Thanks in advance
  • umguyumguy Posts: 3
    By the way, its a 36 month lease for 15k miles.. in Michigan
  • Hey CarMan...what are your thoughts on trade in towards a lease...I have an 02 A4 Avant (5spd, roof, cd chnger, sport pkg) in excellent condition 48K miles....looking at leasing an A6 Avant or 5 Series Wagon...thanks
  • bradleyebradleye Posts: 3
    Car_man:

Audi Financial has a lease special in my area on the A6 3.2. 36 months at $499/mo.

$499 down (incl $1,000 reduction if eligible for Loyalty Bonus - what is this bonus?), $575 acquisition fee, $499 first month payment, total due at inception - $1573

Is this as appears, or will there be numerous "exceptions" or added costs in order to close the deal? Would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations.

thanks
  • motech12motech12 Posts: 1
    I leased an A6 for 39 months 1000 miles per month. I turned the vehicle in at the end of 33 months but made all the payments. There was not itemlized vehicle damage.

My take here is I have made 39 months of payments for 39,000 miles. The early termination statement reads they are charging me for miles over 36,000 as they state "milage prorated annually" (this is NOT in the contract). The car has 39,505 at turn in and had 162 when I received it. They are charging me for 3,343 miles over 36,000 not 343 miles over 39,000. I am paying for the same milage twice.

Help!!!!!
    You're welcome, ducati996. It definitely is not in your best interest not to make such a large down payment when leasing. If your leased vehicle is stolen or totaled in an accident, your down payment essentially disappears. You would be better off not making any sort of down payment, like in the lease that I calculated for you earlier. If you really want to make a $4,000 capitalized cost reduction, it would lower the 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease payment for a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro with an MSRP of $49,940 and a selling price of $47,139 to around $515 before tax.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, seanshin. Yes, your vehicle's gross capitalized cost is its selling price. Its net capitalized cost is its selling price minus any sort of down payment aka capitalized cost reduction that you decide to make. The lease payment that you got looks about right to me, but I can't give you my full opinion on this deal without knowing what this car's MSRP is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi genesis72. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this car look good to me. I'm surprised that you don't want to get quattro through. I thought that it snows quite a bit in New Jersey. Anyhow, using these numbers according to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi Audi A6 3.2 Sedan 2WD with an MSRP of $50,440 and a capitalized cost of $50,674 (why is this number higher than the $50,098 that includes all of your car's taxes and fees?) for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $735. As you can see, this number matches the one that you were quoted. Before finalizing this deal, make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars recently: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host

P.S. It looks like you are already aware of it, but don't forget to take the $1,000 incentive that Audi is currently providing to returning customers and to current owners of select competitive vehicles into account when negotiating your deal.
    Hello umguy. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what this car's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Aloha alohasurfer1. There's absolutely nothing wrong with trading in a vehicle when leasing a new one. Just make sure to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade instead of using the proceeds from it as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease. It's never a good idea to put money down when leasing. I say this mainly because if your leased vehicle is stolen and never recovered or totaled in an accident, your down payment essentially disappears.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey bradleye. Audi is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on the A6 3.2 to consumers who are wither A) returning Audi customers or B) current owners of a select list of competitive luxury vehicles. It appears as though this cash incentive is necessary to reach the advertised lease payment that you saw. If you do not meet either of the aforementioned criteria, you would have to make a down payment that is $1,000 higher to reach the advertised lease payment. Furthermore, I suspect that this deal only includes 10,000 miles per year. If you need to drive more than this, say 12,000 or 15,000 miles per year, this car's monthly payment will be higher. The same goes for if you want to add any optional equipment that is not included in the advertised car. The more equipment that you add, the higher the lease payment will be.

The sample lease that you saw is probably a decent deal, but like most manufacturers' advertised lease payments I would not be surprised if this one left a little meat on the bone so to speak. Consumers who live in areas that have a decent level of competition are often able to negotiate better deals on leases than the ones that are featured on ads.

Car_man
    Host
  • trabd123trabd123 Posts: 37
    Hi Car_man,
    I was at the dealer today to lease an A6 3.2q and left him a deposit of $500 to locate a light silver car with sunroof, premium package and a Sirus satellite radio. He gave me a lease number of $675 a month with NY taxes in payment for 12k/36 months. Here's the detail:

MSRP: $49,160
    Sell Price: $46,100 (includes a $1000 cash incentive)
    Money Factor: 0.000611
    Residual Value: 53%

What do you think of the lease number and sell price?

Thanks,
    TRABD123
    HI trabd123. The money factor that you were quoted is very close to Audi Financial Services' buy rate for this car. AFS' actual buy rate for a 36 month lease of an '06 A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro is .00056. As far as this car's price goes, I believe that the car you described has a spread of around $3,700 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. After backing out the $1,000 inventive, you are being given a discount of a little over $2,000 on the car that you want. This is a reasonable price, especially considering the fact that you are having the dealer locate this car for you instead of buying one that is already in inventory. For additional feedback on how much you should pay for this car, make sure to stop by the following discussion: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
  • jrme77jrme77 Posts: 1
    Car_man,

I'm looking at an A6 3.2Q, MSRP $49,190, purchase price negotiated to $46,700.

The Premier Purchase offer is for $657/mo for 36 mos w/ $2500 down, $26,070 residual (53%). Rate is 3.35%. 12k miles allowed with 25 cents per mile overage.

The 3.35% rate and the 25 cents both strike me as a bit high. And, the 12k miles/yr seems a bit low (15k?).

The alternative is to do a std 60mo loan at 5.59% with $12,800 down.

What do you think about these #'s?
  • louneinerlouneiner Posts: 6
    Thought I'd let folks know the deal I just did. It was for an A6 3.2 with sunroof, premium, sunscreen and rear seat airbags. Based on a negotiated price of $46,500, I put down $1570 which included license plates and registration and the lease was $550 a month.

And it's the nest car I've driven in a lot of years.

Good luck to all.
This discussion has been closed.