Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• alexallyalexally Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    Hi Car_Man,

I am tempted to go for the lease offered by my local San Francisco Bay Area, CA dealer:

$699 36 month closed-end lease
    $2194 cash due at signing
    $0 Security deposit
    $0 First Month Payment
    $1499 Down Payment
    $2194 Due at Signing (excluding Taxes, title, other options and dealer fees)
    Rate based on 55,595 MSRP (I have not sat down and negotiated yet, thus don't know the selling price)
    $350 Disposition fee due at lease end.
    $0.25 over 10,000 miles per year
    Purchase option at lease end for $31,689

I have a few questions:

1. How much under the MSRP would be a reasonable selling price for such a6 model?
    2. How much do the "excluded" taxes, title, dealer fees typically run?
    3. What are the Money Factor and Residual Value for a 2013 3.0 A6 Quattro Premium Plus?
    4. The advertised $699 will be plus tax (9.75%)? = $767.15 Any other hidden fee??
    5. Is it a good deal?

Thank you so much for any info that you can provide. My husband is the worst car shopper I know so I have to do all the research and go to the dealer myself. The lease deal ends on 9/4/2012.

I am a first time leaser so I need any advice you can provide me with.
  • romo_007romo_007 Posts: 16
    edited August 2012
    Hi Alexally,

I am in the market for the A6 3.0T as well and I live in Bay Area. I believe With 10k miles per year you should be able to negotiate your payment down a little more.

I will be going to a dealer tomorrow and will post my numbers on the board.
  • Thanks romo_007. Yes please post your numbers after you get your deal. Very much appreciated!
  • I actually only need 10000 miles on a 2012 A6. Plus not sure if things have changed in September. Please update. Also since its late in the year, how much should you get off of MSRP. I was offered $4K + $1K for the loyalty discount. I was going to push for more. Let me know your thoughts.
  • You're welcome bandit19. Yes, the money factor stays the same regardless of the mileage allowance.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi alexally. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

If I was in the market for a 2013 Audi A6 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice, minus the $1,500 owner loyalty cash if you are eligible for it.

Through September 4th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00159 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition I suspect that you will be able to negotiate a lower selling price on the car that you want than the one that was used to calculate the monthly payment in Audi's official advertised lease program for this model.

Tax, title, and license fees vary from state to state.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited September 2012
    Hi hessian. AFS' residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 3% higher than its residual for a lease with 15,000 miles per year.

Audi's August lease program is scheduled to run through September 4th. Please feel free to check back with me later this week for an update on what the new September numbers are like if you're interested.

As far as selling price gores, I personally would shoot for $500 or so over invoice minus the available loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man -- thanks so much for the valuable info!
  • Thanks Car-Man for your valuable input. I ended up getting a lease before 9/4 for a 2013 A6 Premium Plus Quattro at about $1400 off MSRP (they wouldn't knock the price down further because they had to get the car from some other dealer for the ext/int color combo that I wanted) plus incentive and lease the car with MF at .0016. Somehow the RV was at 59.8% which I thought is high for 15,000K/yr. I was able to calculate the monthly payment with you link you suggested on my own which was right on with what they showed me on the lease. Thanks again!!!
  • 54gt54gt Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I'm considering a 36-month, 12,000 mi/year lease on a '13 A6 2.0 Premuim Plus Quattro, and I'm hoping you can provide the September MF and residual numbers if they've been published. Also, will opting for Audicare improve the residual?
  • Hello. I've seen a lot of offers listed, but I was wondering what I should expect to pay for an Audi 3.0 Premium Plus 36 or 39 month lease? I figure if you all can give me an idea of what a good monthly payment is, I'll know when I have a good offer. I would like to add Audi Care, the cold weather package and the side assist.

In addition, with the "Summer of Audi" over, should I wait until the Winter event? I'm in no rush. I don't have an Audi loyalty credit either.

Also, I live in Nashville now, so there's not a lot of competition like I had a year ago in the Los Angeles area. Should I expand my search to Memphis, Louisville and Birmingham in order to get the best offer?

Thanks,

TM
  • Hello Car_Man,

Here is what I have been offered:

Invoice: $55,600
    2013 Audi A6 3.0 Premium Plus/with added options - $59,120 MSRP
    $1000 off - New Owner Appreciation
    Negotiated Price - $57,000
    Final Price: $56,000

For the 36 months/12,000 miles, I was offered 1.41% interest rate and 55% residual. Is that a good deal?

Thanks.
  • Looks like I'm a bit late to the party and just missed the summer event. My question is similar to 54gt's. I'm looking at a 2013 A6 2.0 Premium Plus with an MSRP of about $52220 (before rebates/discounts). For a 42 or 48 month lease (10k miles/year), what interest rate and residual percentage should I expect if I have great credit? Are these set by Audi or can I negotiate these with my dealer?

I'm not sure if a 48 month lease is worthwhile, but 4 years (or 50k miles) is the length of the limited warranty.

Is there something like an upcoming winter event I should be waiting for? :)

Thanks for the help. :)
  • Hi Car-Man;

Could you tell me the MF and residual for a 2013 A6 2.0 Quattro Premium Plus for 36 months (10K Miles)?

Thank you for your help.
  • Any time cestus.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome alexally. Thanks for stopping back and letting us all know how things turned out. Enjoy your new A6, it's a great car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, 54gt. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0 Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00148 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The purchase of Audi Care boosts the residual value by 1%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello john33a. A selling price of $1,400 over invoice minus the available incentives on a 2013 A6 is pretty good.

The money factor that you were quoted is correct, but it is actually .00141, not 1.41%. This money factor is equivalent to an interest rate of around 3.38%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi sancris. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 2.0 Premium Plus quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00148 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • 54gt54gt Posts: 2
    Thanks, Car_Man! Now I'm ready to make my move.
This discussion has been closed.