Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• almattialmatti Posts: 164
    Is the MF, the monthly lease interest rate? In financial terms am I taking the MF as the interest rate, the settled Price of the car X the residual (49% i.e.), plug in the term (36 months or 42 months) and the negotiated Price into my financial calculator and I should get the monthly payment ?

As a comparison ( The Infiniti M37X is different than an Audi A-6 Quattro, I know), but Infiniti has a MF of .00039 and a residual of 53% for a 39 month lease. But I'm looking at as a comparison a 20103 M37X with Tech, Prmium & Deluxe Touring packages with $2k Cap Cost + TTL at amonthly payment of $550 with 15k Miles per year. I have a 2010 G37X with 6 months to go on my lease. Infiniti will eat 3 months and the dealer may find enough "equity" to wash out the other 3 months.
  • Car Man,

Would appreciate your help. What are the MF and residual value for a 36-month lease for the A6 Prestige for 10,000 miles/year and 12,000 miles/year. Assume top tier credit. Thank you in advance.
  • hilltop3hilltop3 Posts: 30
    Past posts have indicated a good deal is say $500 over invoice. Does this hold true whether leasing from a dealers inventory or placing a custom order?
  • jromulusjromulus Posts: 2
    Car_man,

If each extra sec. dep. is .00008 MF reduction, would 2 months security deposit basically represent the difference between tier A and tier B ? Or fairly close?

Then its just simple math.

Thanks.
  • hilltop3hilltop3 Posts: 30
    Would you please tell me the March MF and RV for the 2013 A6 3.0 AWD Prestige using 42 and 48 mos, and 12k? Appreciate your help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Certainly Josh. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 Sedan 2.0T Premium Plus quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00126 and 56%.

The amount of money that you put down does not have any impact upon this car's money factor. You're better off paying as little as possible at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi almatti. Money factors are used to calculate the interest portion of lease payments. You can convert a money factor into an approximate interest rate equivalent by dividing it by 2400. the following article does a great job of explaining how to work up a lease: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi socalaudifan. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00137 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hilltop3. Generally speaking, I have found that dealers are often more willing to provide attractive discounts on units that they already have in inventory than they are on ordered vehicles. The reason for this are probably twofold. One they are paying floorplan interest on the units that they physically have in stock so the sooner they sell them the better. Two, they can provide almost immediate delivery of a unit that they have in stock. There's a greater chance of a deal falling apart if the consumer has to wait a couple of weeks or months for their new vehicle.

Having said that, shoot for the lowest price possible and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
  • Good Afternoon,

Could you assist me with RV and MF for 2013 Audi A6 Premium Plus 2 at 15K and 20K miles per year with a 24 month term for top tier credit?

Thank you for your kind assistance.
    edited March 2013
    Hi jromulus. You certainly could make up for the difference in money factor between two credit tiers by making additional security deposits. I don't know the difference between AFS' current money factors for Tier A versus Tier B. I'll see if I can find that out for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go hilltop3. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0 Prestige with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00157 and 47% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00185 and 44%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi missysoso. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0 Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00137 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that AFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • mattsammattsam Posts: 22
    Carman, Can you get me Aprils Lease rate on 2013 S6 15K Miles 36 months
    I'm getting quoted .0015 and 50%
    Sure mattsam. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00133 and 49%. It looks like you're getting Audi Care. Adding that to a deal bumps the residual value by 1%.

Car_man
    Host
  • mattsammattsam Posts: 22
    Thank you carman
  • Hi, wow. can't believe forum! I'm interested in leasing an A6 2.0T P+.
    Do you have the latest residual value and money factor?
    I'm interested in 10k/yr for 3yrs (if Audi does 10k).

Thanks!
    You're very welcome mattsam :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome braketoolate. Here you go.

Audi Financial Services does indeed offer leases with 10,000 miles per year. Its April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0T Premium + without quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00082 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jam550jam550 Posts: 10
    Hi Carman,

I am about to go out to an Audi dealership for the first time with the intent ultimately to lease an A6 for 3 years with 12k miles (most likely a 2.0 Premium).

I haven't leased before and would love to know the following before I dive into this:

- what are the most important figures for me to know - residual? Money factor? Anything else??

- I've read that it is best to negotiate the price of the car down as best as possible before indicating I'd like to lease and not buy. Good advice?

- any other pieces of advice or wisdom I should know before I go to the dealership?

Realize these are broad questions, but would really appreciate your insights and know the few most important things i need to know before I go in.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.