Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Greetings Al. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases early, especially a whole year before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so you would either have to pay all of your car's remaining payments or have trade it in to the dealer. Even if you are able to trade it in, there is a good chance that it is going to be worth less as a trade than you will have to pay to buy it from the bank that you are leasing it through AND that banks may still want you to pay at least the depreciation portion of your remaining monthly payments. The amount of money that you save on getting a good deal on an A6 now will be eaten up by the cost of breaking your lease before its scheduled end. Also, keep in mind that the cash back that you mentioned is not compatible with Audi's special lease program. So if you lease your new A6 through Audi Financial Services you will not benefit from the dealer cash at all. If I was in your situation, I personally would wait until next year to get a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey kkarl. I'm not sure how this dealer cash was missed in the incentives section of this site (I am not involved in that department), but I can assure you that it definitely exists. As I just mentioned to another community member though, it is not compatible with Audi's special lease program. You can only take advantage of it if you pay cash or finance / lease your new car through an independent bank. I believe that this dealer cash is scheduled to be available through September 5th.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi anyalytical99. I didn't see mention of this car's selling price when you described the lease that you were quoted. This is a very important number for you as a consumer to know because it shows you how much of a discount you are being given. If you can lease this car with a capitalized cost of around dealer invoice, like you hinted, you would be getting a very good deal. Audi is providing dealer cash to help dealers unload their remaining 2006 A6 models, however this cash is not compatible with Audi's special lease program.

Audi was providing special owner loyalty cash on the 2006 A6 a month or two ago, but I do not believe that it has any special incentives on this car for returning customers right now. Unless there is some sort of special program out there that I am not aware of you will still have to pay your remaining two payments on your current lease. You may be able to get the dealer that you are working with to "pay them for you," but in reality all this would be doing is hampering your ability to get the best possible deal on your new vehicle.

This car's lease program has not changed since July 9th.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey jjomalley :) . All kidding aside, I would be happy to give you an idea of what the lease program is currently like for the car that you are interested in. I just need you to tell me exactly which model you want, how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. Let me know and I'll see if I can find out what the lease program is currently like for the car that you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new car, korient. I'm glad that you found this forum so helpful. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello kmt123. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A6 2.0T Sedan with quattro and with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 58%, respectively. As you mentioned, if you opt for the pre-paid maintenance I believe that this car's residual value would be 1% higher. I would be happy to calculate what this car's lease payment should be like for you, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price. You can look up its MSRP by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You should be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this car right now by visiting the following discussion: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dtawil. You really need to find out what the selling prices of the leases that you were quoted are. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Knowing the selling price will show you how much of a discount you are being given and will enable you to calculate what your car's lease payment should be (assuming that you know what Audi's lease program is, which I can provide). I would be happy to share my thoughts with you on the leases that you were quoted if you provide me with the selling prices. It is difficult to say exactly what Audi's August lease program for the A6 will be like, but I personally do not expect it to be very different from its existing program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dtawildtawil Posts: 13
    Hi Car man,

Thanks for the help. The selling price I got quoted was $45k, this does not include taxes.

I guess I really missed the boat on this one huh? That $499 lease looked great!
    Hi Car man,

I just clicked on a link to an article you provided that shows you how to estimate what a lease rate might look like. However, I've gotten some crazy number, can you double check my work and see what I'm doing wrong?

Negotiated price= $45,000

Residual Value for car- using 45% you provided in your previous post= $20,250

Negotiated price- Residual= $24,750/36= $687.50

45,000+ 20,250= $65,250x .0105= $685.12

$687.5+$685.12= $1372.62

This without tax, so this can not possibly be right, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks again, and that article is really very helpful.
    Oops I goofed. Used .0105 instead of .00105 adding all that up I get $719.93 before taxes. I guess I just have a bad selling price because I see some members we able to get this for 40k-42k in the purchased forum. I'll look at other dealers over the weekend.
  • jjomalleyjjomalley Posts: 9
    Well, the Yes did answer my question!!! :D

I'm looking at an 07 A6 4.2 (fairly loaded) with 10K miles and 36 or 48 months. The list is going to be around $63K

Thanks for your help.
  • Here is the update

-2006 A6 3.2
    -Sunroof pckg
    -Sirus Sat
    -18 in wheels and tires

MSRP: $44,740
    Invoice: $40,504
    Purchase/Selling Price: $36,740

36 months/12000 miles
    Money Factor = .00214 (.00234 originally, but dealer reduced leasing managers commission of .00020)
    Residual = 44%

Last two payments on old lease with AFS totaling $870.66 paid by dealer.

$3500 due at inception ($2000 being 1st mo.; tax, tag, title & $1500 being cash)
    $590.00/mo

These numbers were through another bank the dealer has a deal with. I asked about the AFS numbers. The AudiFinSer numbers provided a slightly better residual of 46%. But acording to the dealer AFS did not have residuals of 51% as I thought they were around based on there current program that hasn't changed as of July 9th. Can you confirm AFS current program? Of course I am going to verify with the dealer again. Any thoughts on this?

I have no issues with the discount I am getting plus the two last payments being taken care of; but would wanna know if the AFS has changed to reflect lower residuals.

Thanks again for your thoughts :shades:
  • maf1maf1 Posts: 15
    Car Man,

I am planning to lease an A6 3.2 sedan, and have been offered below invoice price. Looking at these postings it seems like people have been getting great deals as well. Are the dealers getting some other form of cash on leases? Can we use the aforementioned 6000 dealer cash in our negotiations? I need to know how low to push, because below invoice is new territory for me.
    Thank you again, the forums are great, after seeing the deals on A6's I changed my mind from buying a 530 ix.

Marc
  • Hello? Car Man?? You out there??
  • mandesonmandeson Posts: 20
    Car Man,

I would like to know the current residual values and money factors for August for the A6, for 36 months with 12K per year. Also are there any cash incentives such as the ones from July still available?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • I think that's too much. This is what they offer me. $2000 drive off and $551/mo(including tax). This car was just basic with sunroof package. But I think for Sirus Sat and 18 inch. wheel will cost you $1500 more upfront and $40 dollar extra a month(I assume 590/mo tax is already included)? hm...
  • nooksnooks Posts: 1
    Car man,
    What is the lowest possible money factor in August on a 2006 A6 3.2 for 36 month/12k miles per year?
    Thanks,

Al
  • shawn757shawn757 Posts: 129
    Car man,
    What is the money factor and the residual value of a Audi A6 3.2 for 36 month 15k miles?
  • I received the following numbers for an 07 A6 4.2:

- MF .0026
    - Resid 54%
    - 36 Months
    - 10K miles/year

That MF translates to over 6%. I think the dealer's trying to work in a little extra profit there. That's on top of paying MSRP for the car!! I'm waiting on another dealer to get back to me with numbers.

Also, I was told that the numbers for a 42 or 48 month lease were even higher as Audi is trying to build up their CPO fleet over the next few years and want to keep people in 36 month or less leases. Don't know if that's bs or not.
    Thanks for the additional information, dtawil. OK, so you leased a 2006 Audi 3.2 quattro with an MSRP of $48,640 and a selling price of $45,000. A base '06 A6 3.2 Sedan has a spread of $3,329 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $3,640 on the specific model that you are interested in. This looks like a good price to me. This car's lease payment will vary depending upon how long you lease it for and its mileage allowance. Assuming that you are leasing it for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $687 using the prices that you mentioned. As you can see, $499 per month isn't happening without a large down payment, which is never a good idea.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey jjomalley. Here's the info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A6 4.2 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 55%, respectively. You definitely don't want to lease this car for 48 months because its 48 month factor jumps all the way to .00360, but you can lease it for 39 months with a factor of .00160 and residual of 45%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello anyalytical99. You are getting quite a low selling price on this car. The dealer that you are working with must be running your lease through a bank other than Audi Financial Services. By doing so, they can take advantage of the whopping $6,000 dealer cash that is available on it right now. This cash is not compatible with AFS' special lease program. If this is the case, even with the large discount this dealer is still making over $2,200 on this car. This late in the model year, you may be able to do better than this if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Since you asked, AFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan without quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00085 and 46%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Marc. I'm glad that you enjoy this forum so much. Volkswagen is not currently providing any lease cash on 2006 A6 models. However it has a ton of dealer cash on this car, $6,000 to be exact. This dealer cash is not compatible with Audi Financial Services leases, so many dealers are running consumers' leases through independent banks to take advantage of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings mandeson. This car's lease program varies by trim level. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of this car with 12,000 miles per year are .00105 and 47%, respectively. Audi is still providing $6,000 dealer cash on this car in August, but this cash is not compatible with leases through AFS. If you want to take advantage of this cash you have to either pay cash for this car or finance / lease it through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, Al. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan without quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00085 and 46%, respectively. You may find that you are better off taking advantage of the $6,000 dealer cash that is available on this car right now and leasing it through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi shawn757. See my previous post for an answer to your question. This car's 15,000 mile per year residual value is 2% lower than its 12,000 mile per year residual.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello jjomalley. The money factor tat you were quoted for this car is much higher than Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for it. Its current 36 month buy rate for the '07 A6 4.2 Sedan is only .00140. You're right, the dealer that you are working with may be trying to mark your car's buy rate money factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. You definitely should shop around a little bit. You should be able to do better than full MSRP and a jacked up money factor. This car's 48 month lease program is much worse than its 36 month program. The longest you should lease this car for is 36 to 39 months. If you go any longer than that its money factors more than double.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi,

Thanks for the info. We are looking at the A6 3.2 with the tech plus premium packages with the wood and leather wheel plus sunroof and we have been quoted a 36 month lease rate of $764 with included maintenance (extra ($8/month). The dealer in Long Island has not given us a written quote which makes me suspicious. Mercedes for the E350 had no qualms in putting it in writing and their prices come in @$711 for 27 monthe and $705 for 39 months.

What should I be paying for the above car with the tech package?

Thanks
  • Thanks for the reply Car Man. I appreciate the information.
This discussion has been closed.