Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• louneinerlouneiner Posts: 6
    Thought I'd let folks know the deal I just did. It was for an A6 3.2 with sunroof, premium, sunscreen and rear seat airbags. Based on a negotiated price of $46,500, I put down $1570 which included license plates and registration and the lease was $550 a month.

And it's the nest car I've driven in a lot of years.

Good luck to all.
  • Was it a 24 or 36 month lease? What state? If california let me know the dealer please. Sounds good.
  • Should I go now or wait until June or July. Would love to know what the best deal on a 24 month lease would be with A6 3.2. 7500 miles or 10,000 miles per year.
    MSRP of $43,840 including Destination.

Black & ameretto leather
    Sirius Radio

In California.
  • hessianhessian Posts: 5
    Car_Man

I think I originally posted this under the wrong topic.

Audi is currently offering special lease terms on the A6 3.2 Q with Sunroof and Premium package until May 31. Its under specials on the website.

The MSRP is $48,640 and the Purchase Option is $26,266. For 10,000 miles a year its $499 per month. That requires $2499 upfront with a $575 acquisition fee. Based on my calculations, if you assume a cap cost at the invoice price of $44,956, (which I know is low) the interest rate is only 2%. Otherwise if you assume the cap cost is higher, then the rate is even lower.

Is this possible? Is this deal to good to be true?
  • ccy1957ccy1957 Posts: 1
    Looking to lease same car in NY metro area. Can you tell me where you got this deal? They're telling me here I can't come close to that $550 mo. payment. Thanks, Carrie IN NJ
  • westhamwestham Posts: 11
    Go to www.Audi.com the deal is there, however check the small print, the dealer has to contribute and final price may vary.........watch out for the "turn in fee" catch.
    Best of luck.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    There is no turn in fee catch. Many leasing compnaies may charge a dispostion fee when your lease is up. It can vary anywhere between $250-500. I think Audi's was $350. Not a big deal.

The previous A6 3.2 Quattro lease deal was 519 month 36/10K on a 46k base sunroof pack car. The current deal is $499 month, but they're giving you the $2500 premium package as well.

I'm assuming Audi is trying to clear off the 06's in anticpation for the 07's.

This is the best lease deal that Audi has ever offered on the new body stlye A6's.

2006 A6 3.2 quattro® Sedan
    $499 per month
    36-month lease*
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Down payment $2,499
    Refundable security deposit N/A
    Acquisition fee $575
    First month's payment $499
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Amount due at lease inception $3,573

Excludes taxes, title and dealer fees. See dealer for details.

*36-month closed-end leases offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take delivery by May 31, 2006. Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. Rate based on $48,640 MSRP of 2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro® Sedan with 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with Tiptronic, Premium package, Sunroof Package, and destination charge. Purchase option at lease end for $26,265.60. See dealer for details.
  • hessianhessian Posts: 5
    so in your lease deal, did you get the $499 deal. If so what was the negotiated price and the money factor?
  • julisoljulisol Posts: 1
    I am about to see a dealer about a 2006 Audi avant wagon. What kind of monthly payment can I expect if I want to lease for 36 months and 15k/yr, no money down?
  • geddylgeddyl Posts: 2
    Has anyone dealt with generalcar.com? They have great deals but I need som references.

Thanks
  • bando12bando12 Posts: 2
    All,

Here is the deal I received on my recent A6. Just turned in my 2003 A6 and the new model makes a good thing even better :) !

A6 - CVT- Premium and Sunroof
    Purchased in Dallas, TX

36 Month Lease
    53% Residual
    .00056 MF
    Purchase Price 43,182
    Tax - 540 (Texas typically hits you with the full 6.25%-would have been $2,700, but ask for the tax credit to reduce this to about 1.25%)
    Title and Fees- $182
    Acquisition- $575
    Total Negotiated (amount financed) - $46,639.00

Money Down - $0 (paid my first payment and took the keys)

Total Monthly Payment - $602

Few Items of Note from my buying experience:

1. Not one dealer would participate in the Audi posted special ($499 A6 Quattro). Many acted completely lost on the deal.

2. Make sure you demand the MF rate that you see out on this site. I had one dealer acted offended because I was negotiating this rate as part of the package. I know that the "can" mark this up, but he was not happy that I knew the bottom line rate and would hold him to it (Needles to say I did not purchase at this dealership - Thanks Edmunds!)

3. In Texas since you have to pay the full tax on a lease car,make sure you ask for that Tax Credit. Without that credit the price of the lease would go up dramatically. It would have been an extra $2200 non-residualized, thus adding $62 to the monthly payment.

4. Negotiate those Fees. Those hidden charges that they don't want to detail in negotiations varied by $1000 between the dealership (again these are non-residualized an therefore equate to an extra $2000 on the price of the actual car)

5. Work your numbers and present them. With good spreadsheet and the knowledge from these forums, you can justify your numbers and what the monthly payment should be. If they are different from the dealers.... make them justify them. Can't tell you how many times the dealer has said "I just punched those numbers in the computer and this was the monthly price that it gave me". Every time the dealer has said this, it has show on further review that there was an undisclosed fee or different price in his numbers somwhere. Calculating a lease payment is not a mystery....it's a math formula!.

6. Never put $ down on a lease

Good Luck and thanks to everyone on this board for their advice. This is the 5th car I have leased using the knowledge gained from these forums and the leasing calculations on this site. I am sure there are better deals to be found than what I have negotiated, but I have never walked out with buyers remorse or felt completely taken by the dealer.

Happy Drivin!
  • nickelrevnickelrev Posts: 5
    hey car man , interested in leasing a 06 A6 3.2 black on platinum with tech pkge s-line pkge prem pkge 12,000 miles a year. how should i go about the dwn payment and what is a fair monthly lease price also what is the residule on the car!! hope u can give me some good advice . p.s. i live in newyork 8.6% thank you
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi jrme77. Given the fact that they are so much less popular than leases, I do not personally keep tabs on the details of manufacturers' balloon note programs. Sorry that I could not be of more help with this aspect of your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Greetings hessian. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro is .00073. This is equivalent to an interest rate of around 1.75%. As you can see, the interest rate that you came up with was pretty close. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that manufacturers' advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you should be able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one this advertised lease is based upon.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi julisol. Your lease payment for this vehicle will depend upon its MSRP and selling price. I would be happy to use Audi's current lease program for it to estimate what your monthly payment should be if you provide me with these numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nickelrev. You should not make a down payment when leasing this car. All you have to pay at lease signing is its first month's payment, a security deposit that is equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, Audi Financial Services' $575 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for this car right now in terms of its selling price, but you may be able to get a good idea of how much you should pay by visiting the following discussion: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

As far as this car's lease program goes, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro through Audi financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00056 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • nickelrevnickelrev Posts: 5
    car man , dealer is offering 05 A6 s-line,tech,premium,suspensionpkge black on black 3.2loaded!!!!! 7,000miles demo car!!! 39,000. is this a good price and more importantly lately i've been reading where audi's are not very reliable cars always in the shop. trouble with instrumentation and vibration issues at high speeds!! youre opinion would be appreciated. thanks.
  • rstoergerrstoerger Posts: 17
    bando12

Congratulations on a great deal. I have similar numbers and am in the North East. Looking for a similar car but would be willing to part with more $ if I could get Tech package, and wooden steering wheel (I am leaving a Jaguar S-Type, my second because their technology is stale...another story). I hope I can find a non Quat in the NE and that too is another story. But tell me, what is the Tax Credit. Is this a Dallas thing or an Audi thing.
  • bando12bando12 Posts: 2
    In Texas you have to pay the taxes on the full value of the car (6.25%). I believe there a few other states that hit you with this upfront tax such as Illinois) In Texas there is a tax credit for a trade-in. It is possible to get a tax credit on a lease turn-in if the lender you are leasing with has a vehicle coming off lease.

Not sure if that is applicable in any other state, but is specific to the dealer, and not with Audi.

Good luck
  • is .00053 the correct money factor for a 36 mo lease? would the money factor change if the term was reduced to 24 mo? is the money factor the came for both premier purchase and leases? any idea what the residual rate is for a 24 mo lease?

many thanks for the great info.
This discussion has been closed.