Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi TT Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing an Audi TT. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• max19max19 Posts: 22
    msrp of 40720 2005 Audi TT 1.8T 225 HP.

I will like to know how much is the money factor, and residual for a 48 month lease.

If you can throw in a estimated payment will be great.

Thanks Car Man
  • Here is the information that you are looking for max19. If you were to lease a 2005 Audi TT 1.8T 225 HP coupe through Audi Financial Services right now for 48 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be a horrendous .00305 and 38%, respectively. As you can see, this is not a very good time to lease this car. You would be better off financing it. When you negotiate your deal, make sure to take the $1,500 dealer cash that is available on '05 TTs into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • lbh2315lbh2315 Posts: 6
    Well I guess I will be the first to list my deal on the NEW TT Roadster! Here is my deal, CarMan (an others), please comment when you have some time.

2008 Audi TT Roadster 2.0 TFSI
    Brilliant Black with Limestone Gray Leather/Alcantara
    Premium Package
    Bose Surround Sound
    Audi Navigation Plus
    Bi-xenon adaptive headlights
    18 inch 7 arm alloy wheels with Z rated tires
    Bluetooth cell phone prep

MSRP with destination = $45,570
    Agreed sale price = $43,776 (4% off MSRP)
    Residual = 57%
    Term = 36 months
    Mileage: 12K/year
    Money Factor = .00240 (didn't think a car this new and this hot would have a very good money factor - and it didn't, although not horrible, i.e. Porsche)

Drive off is $3K, which includes $700 to the state of Arizona for plates and gov't fees, $575 for acquisition fee, $388 for doc fee and $1337 cap cost reduction.

Total monthly is $696/mo.

Any advice. Great deal? I think not. Bad deal? I think not. I look at it as being the best I could do under the circumstances. The new TT roadster is not even out yet, waiting lists exist and the car has been getting rave reviews - so I was surprised to finally find a dealer who would give me 4% off - most told me 1% off tops! So, why do I feel like it is not a good deal???? Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions from anyone......
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Congratulations on your new Audi TT, lbh2315. I've always liked this car and the 2008 model is even better than the previous generation was. The '08 TT roadster is supposedly more rigid than the old coupe was.

It looks like the dealer that you got your TT from marked up its money factor a little bit to add additional profit to your deal. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '08 TT 2.0T roadster is only .00190 (.00015 higher with the security deposit waived). Having said this, the $1,800 discount that you were quoted seems pretty reasonable for a redesigned model that was just introduced. Overall, I'd say that this isn't a bad deal for such a new car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • nyaudimenyaudime Posts: 8
    What are the money factor and residual rates for a 24 month lease with 10K and also with 12K miles for the 2008 TT? Thanks.
  • wvbobwvbob Posts: 13
    Car_Man
    So far this year I have attacked the same Dealer for a '07 Jetta Wolfsburg, '07 Passat Wolfsburg both for my daughter's Now Dad is interested in leasing a '08 TT.
    What are the MF and RV's for 36/48/60 months, 10k miles. If numbers crunch correct I'm taking the chain saw to the dealer and cut a deal! My interest's align with the 2.0T w premimum pkg/heated seats/AUTO/xeon lights/power roof. I guess I must be getting soft in my older years! Any suggestions for options or approaches to reduce the cost's. I feel I hammered the dealer fairly well for the two VW's, based on what I have read in the respective forums. Not certain he'll move as far this time of year and this vehicle!
  • driver27driver27 Posts: 1
    Greetings. I am new to this site and to the leasing process. I have always bought cars for cash. I am going to try to lease a new Audi TT (not sure whether it will be a convertible or a coupe). I would appreciate any advice on the specifics of lease terms that may be available for the new TT. I live in the Washington DC area and have some flexibility as to where I purchase the car. Depending on the lease terms, I might prefer to buy the vehicle, so any advice on what kind of a purchase deal I could get would also be appreciated. I would imagine that Audi would like to get some of these cars out on the road, and that with the end of the month coming up there might be some flexiblilty on price. Thanks in advance for any help.
  • av8trisav8tris Posts: 1
    I am interested in leasing or the premium ownership program on an A4 3.0 conv with heated sports seats, blue tooth, nav, and thats it. What have been your purchasing experiences with the lease for premium ownership? How much have the dealers been neg?
  • IBH,
    You did not do badly on your lease... I got a similar option package without Nav and Bluetooth, but got the Sirius radio and baseball optic stitching, so our bottom lines are similar. Mine, very quickly, is $4,000 down for inceptions and cost cap... $660 per month on a 24-month lease. I thought it was a little high, but it compared favorably to my 2003 Jaguar S-Type.
    The money factors are not as good as when we leased my wife's 2006 A6, and I guess there is a premium to be paid to be one of the first to have the automobile.
    I ordered the car on May 1st and my salesman says I should have it early to mid-July. From what you heard about waiting lists, does that sound reasonable? As you did, I also got $1,800 off of sticker... about 4%.
    In south Florida it is difficult to get a deal on any newly released car. You certainly pay a premium to be the first on your block, but with this shape and performance, I think it's worth it.
    Best of luck with your vehicle and many safe and exciting miles.
    Elliott
    :shades: ;) ;) :shades:
  • All prospective purchasers: Please note that the $1,000 Bose system is not a surround sound system on the TT. I tried it out on the showroom floor and one writer said it needed a little more bass, which I do agree with, so I plan on doing a little upgrading of the system with a sub-woofer and possibly a couple of nice Polk Audio rounds in the kick panels.

The Bose radio does come with the Audiopilot, which monitors ambient noise in the cockpit and compensates with more volume when there is more noise intruding in the cockpit.

Also, the system is rated at 255 watts and I believe it has 11 speakers.

;) ;) :shades: ;) ;)
  • bmwt23bmwt23 Posts: 1
    Im currently trying to decide Whats better to either lease or buy the car. Typically I hate the fact of buying because I have bought a new car every 1-2 years. But In the long run is it better ot hold on or finance the Audi TT ? basicall i wanna know a comparison with OTD prices thanks in advance
  • BMWT23, I may be the wrong guy to ask this question to. Since I have an investment fund that generates a good return, I never take out principal from it, so I definitely always lease. I also try to put down the least money for inceptions, and sometimes roll that into the leasing number.

Also, the $45,000 sticker price would make me shudder a bit if I had to come up with it to own the car. I would suggest you ask your accountant the question and see what he says.

This time I am leasing for 24 months, being that the automotive industry is changing their models to more modern offerings with sleeker body styles and high-performance and technology at the forefront.

Whatever your final choice, good luck and many happy and safe miles ahead.

:shades: ;) :shades:
  • it sounds like you got a pretty decent deal. i have a 2003 audi tt coupe with a lease expiring august 2007. im interested in leasing a 2008 tt 3.2...since it is more or less custom made, did you feel like you had much leverage to negotiate? i am not sure how to approach bargaining in this scenario as i am also pretty specific as to what i want. any advice would be much appreciated!
  • Make sure the dealership takes at least 1800-2000 off of the MSRP, and bases the lease on the number you come up with. I am paying a fairly high monthly number...$660 + 4000 down... but I am waiting for a used R8 down the road a bit. I am going against my usual strategy in leasing and putting more down than I normally do. But lately I have been getting bored with my cars sooner than normal.... maybe it's my age... 57.

It is also a fact that Audi is hitting record numbers of sales with their cars now, so maybe that will be impetus for the salesmen and dealerships to make some good deals, so as to keep them on a roll. Good luck, and keep me possted.
  • Audi's website has this deal link

2008 TT Coupe 2.0T
    $429 per month
    36-month lease*
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Down payment $2,500
    Security deposit $450
    Acquisition fee $575
    First month payment $429
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Amount due at lease inception $3,954

Excludes taxes, title and dealer fees. See dealer for details.

*36-month closed-end leases Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. Rate based on $37,725 MSRP of 2008 TT Coupe 2.0T, Auto S tronic FWD, Premium Package, Destination charge. Purchase option at lease end for $22,257.75. See dealer for details.
    ">link title
    Is this a good deal?
  • lpulpu Posts: 1
    Hmmm.... I spoke to a dealership.
    For this deal, each $1,000 of options would add $30 to the month payment and $$$ for 15 miles, and tax & fees would push it to over $600.
  • kenmorekenmore Posts: 5
    audi 3.2 TT Quattro
    alcantara
    bixenon
    ipod
    bluetooth
    18" 10 spoke rims
    6MT

MSRP: 44575
    Offered Sale Price: 43000

Lease:
    No money down.
    2205 for fees
    730.88/mo x 36 months

this comes to total of 26,311
    depreciation = 21,396

difference= 26,311-21,396 = 4915
    subtract tax from the difference: 4915-1315= 3599

So the dealer makes 3599 off this lease. they tell me invoice is 41K so if i bought the car, they would profit 2000. by leasing they make 1599 more over the 3 years.

is this a good deal?
  • The extra $3599 in your calculation is finance charges.. The equivalent of interest on a car loan. That is revenue to the finance company to compensate them for providing the money to buy the car from the dealership.

The dealership might get a small commission for selling the lease for the leasing company, but that is no different than if they provided bank financing.

That $3599 isn't profit for the dealership.

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Last night - drove off a red TT 2.0 Coupe (wife's choice) - in San Jose, CA - with the price below:
    MSRP - $43675 (incl. destination of $775)
    Invoice - $40673
    Price negotiated - $40173 ($500 under invoice)
    OPTIONS:
    AUDI MAGNETIC RIDE SUSPENSION
    AUDI PARKING SYSTEM - REAR PARKTRONIC
    BLUETOOTH PHONE PREP
    AUDIO PACKAGE
    AUDI DVD NAVIGATION PLUS W/ IPOD INTERFACE
    BI-XENON HEADLIGHTS
    PREMIUM PACKAGE

Chose the audi 36 month lease offer with the cap cost starting at the above negotiated price:
    Total cash Paid - $4725
    (Cap down $2425 + Acq. fee + 1st month + lic. reg. etc.)
    Monthly lease of $500 (includes CA sales taxes of $38 :( )
    Includes - Audi care maintenance for full term of lease
    (The money factor is 0.00145 & residual value - $24895 57% of MSRP - for those who care about this)
    Bottomline for 3 years - total of all payments (including taxes, down payments & all) = $22566 That is a monthly rate of $626 (with only fuel to add :) )

I felt I did okay on this - any opinions? Looking at the number of viewers on this forum, I don't expect many responses, but hope this helps someone who is looking into one.
  • It sounds like a great deal :shades: What is the annual mileage allowance for your lease?
This discussion has been closed.