Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Definitely through the dealer. It makes no difference to be honest since when you apply for leasing through the bmwusa, it just tells you if your credit is approved and at what tier, then assigns you a dealership. Leasing is a different animal from purchasing, it's much more numbers and homework to get a great lease deal. You mentioned not wanting to spend time at the dealership, I feel the same exact way. I actually went to the individual bmw site for various dealerships from my area (up to an hor away) and used the online chat and asked for the internet sales manager and asked them to email me quotes. I probably contacted at least 10 dealerships via email (never giving out personal #) and got a great deal! Placed an order and picking up at the end of the year!
  • I'll try to help as much as I can
    What is msrp? selling pice? How much down payment? Any incentives, there is holiday credit right now?
  • MSRP is $46,695. Holiday cash ($1000) plus owner loyalty discount ($750) and additional $1750 dealer rebate brings sale price to $43,195. $2500 due at signing.
  • Double check bmwconfig.com to see exactly the msrp on that options you selected. I'm not getting $46,695 on my calculation. I'm actually off by a few thousand unless you forgot to add a few options you listed.

2013 328i
    Sport Line
    Leather
    heated seats
    Nav
    BMW apps

has a MSRP of $41,745. That is almost a difference of $5000!
    MSRP of $41,745 should have a selling price around $39k before any of your incentives

Sounds like dealer is marking up the MSRP and making it sound he is giving you "dealer discount"
  • Does anyone know what the current (December 2012) money factor and residual percentage is for a 2013 328i BMW 36 month lease, 10,000 miles - Los Angeles, California with high credit score (800)?
  • So dealer gave you a discount of $500 off MSRP and you got a car.
    I will not call this a good deal, more like a bad deal.
    The Holiday cash and Loyalty are BMW rebates, dealer mainly pocketed all of them. It is not what dealer discounts, it is directly what BMW discounts. You could have gone for 6.5% off MSRP plus the BMW rebates.

The pickup of lease payments might have been the benefactor, but that has to do with the used car department not the new car department.
  • their highest tier (best rates) start @ 675.... so it doesn't matter if your score is 676 or 850....
  • I understand, but I would really like to know if anyone knows what the current money factor and residual percentage rate is for a 2013 328i. Thank you
  • car_man will have to confirm, but I believe it is .0013 and 61% for a 10K/year
  • I would like to know how to calculate the money factor. I got a quote today and i would like to figure out the money factor. Thanks....
  • Hi sk17. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 328i xDrive Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi bubulik. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 335i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 64% respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00130 and 58%.

The numbers for the 2013 model are .00115 and 65% for 24 months and .00115 / 59% for 36 months.

I doubt that there's too many 2012s out there any more, but you might be able to find a couple here and there.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi hugene1. Let me begin by saying that in my opinion $4,200 is too much money to put down on a lease. I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

I'm not sure what you mean about a money factor of 1.44. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for a 39-month lease of this car is .00130. Make sure that the dealer uses that to calculate your payment.

As far as this car's selling price goes, there is probably a spread of a little over $4,000 between this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price. Add to that the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on this model and there's a total of around $5,000 to play with in your negotiations. You were quoted a discount of $3,095, that's probably around $2,000 over invoice. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you may be able to do better than that. I personally would shoot for $500 to $1,000 over.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi bubulik. The money factor that you were quoted is way out of whack. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for this model is only .00115. Make sure that the dealer uses the buy rate to calculate your car's payment.

As far as the selling price goes, shoot for $500 or so over invoice on a leftover model like this. You can look up this car's exact invoice price over in the new vehicle pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey jddssc121. BMW's December lease program is exactly the same as its November program was. The holiday cash is still the same as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi bella30. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2013 328i Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00130 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am negotiating a lease on 2013 328 i and wodner if what I am getting is a reasonable deal. Whiel MSRP, selling price, MF, residual seem to be in line, monthyl payment appears tobe high

MSRp 42195
    Invoice 38845
    Selling 40500
    Credits: -1000 holiday cash and -750 loyalty rebate
    Residual 25320
    MF 0.0013
    Monthly payment $500.66 incl tax ( or 470.77 without tax)

Inception fees are:
    Tax on rebate of $1,750.00 @ 6.35%
    $111.13

Conveyance fee:
    $499.00
    S 31.69 (sales tax)

Monthly Payment is $500.66
    $470.77
    $ 29.89 (sales tax)

Registration
    $175.00

Total due at inception
    $1,317.48

The $725 aquisition fee is rolled into cap cost which ends up being 40500-1000-750+725=39475

When I calculate lease using my understanding of how it is done, my monthly payment should be $432.67 plus tax. I think dealer can sell car lower than 40,500 too, but if I were to get my total lease price to $450, then I think the deal would be worthwhile.

Any opinions would be welcome.

Thank you
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,111
    I see by your tax rate & use of the word conveyance fee ($499) that we are most likely residents of the same state (CT). I live in Stamford & prefer to do my car shopping in NY where the doc fee is limited to $75 + a $12.50 tire disposal fee. I bought my 2011 328xi @ Wide World BMW in Spring Valley, NY. There are also plenty of dealers in Westchester that are also always hungry for business.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• When I do your math, I get $477.50 plus tax, which is about $7 higher than their payment...

But, I also get a residual that is different by $3, from yours.. so, I wonder if there is a typo in the numbers, somewhere.. Also, are you sure the MF isn't .00135?

I don't think that $1650 over invoice is a killer deal, considering the $500 doc (conveyance) fee.. And, as nyccarguy noted, with that terminology, it looks like you are in CT...

A lot of dealers to choose from up there.. shop it around..

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi,
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the lease special from socal bmw for the 2013 328i sedan premium package. It was for $339 month 39 months 10,000 miles and $3814 due at signing. I have more specific's on a previous post. I would really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.