Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Thanks for the info, jasonmdbmw. I didn't know about the whole within 30 days part, but I guess most people who are in the market for a new car are within a month or so of lease-end anyhow.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi cliffpoz. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 328xi Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00130 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome runofkings. The residual value for a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2013 328i Sedan is 60%. Add 3% to that for a lease with 10,000 miles per year.

There's a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ranjohn. Let's see if we can work up an approximate payment on this car for you. It looks like it has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. Add to that the $1,000 cash incentive and you have a total of around $4,500 to play with in your negotiations. Let's say that you are able to negotiate a $3,500 discount on this car and see what sort of payment that generates.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 328i xDrive Sedan that has an MSRP of $44,545 and a selling price of 41,045 through BMW FS right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $462.

Increasing the MSRP to 46,645, but keeping the discount and lease program constant would raise the payment to around $489.

Car_man
    Host
  • I have to get the exact numbers but I was recently quoted on a 328xi
    Mineral blue
    Harmon Karden
    Technology Package
    Driver's assist package
    Premium
    Lighting package
    Cold weather package

about 3300 down which includes first month payment, NYS taxes, fees, etc
    3 year lease 10k per year 488.00 month.

I haven't done any negotiation yet so maybe I can get it a little cheaper. I didn't ask for any of the numbers yet on the price and such.
  • nydennis40, can you please share the details of the lease quoted. I am looking for buy the same car with same options.
  • That is all the details I have at the moment. I did this through Email. As soon as I get the info I'll shoot it your way :-)
  • treatrea Posts: 2
    Car_man - What are the March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2013 335i Sedan with 12,000 (and 15,000) miles per year?

Is BMW offering lease incentives for this car during March?
    Hi trea. BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 335i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

BMW is now providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of 3-Series Sedans. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • grokgrok Posts: 10
    The Pre Jan 2013 328i BMW MSRP is $350 less than the Post Jan 2013 328i BMW MSRP. Since BMW changed and sets MSRP for this year car, which figure is correct to use when calculating the lease cost? It is advantageous for the customer to use the new higher MSRP rather than the old sticker MSRP and since it is being leased in March 2013, rather than in 2012,can the new MSRP be considered correct?
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,979
    You'll have to use the MSRP on the sticker that's on the specific car you are leasing...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• hutcherhutcher Posts: 2
    I am coming out of a lease on a 2010 328 convertible and am looking to lease a 2013 335is convertible. Dealer found one with almost everything I want (it has black interior which isn't my first choice) -- MSRP $68,895. He told me payment would be $659/month for 36 months w/ 10,000 miles/yr with $1,349.69 due at signing.

Having educated myself on this forum (thank you!) I asked about money factor, residual and what price he was using. The answer is $5,250 off of MSRP after rebates (which puts purchase price at $63,745), 65% residual and .00130 (which he says is about 2.9%). KBB says dealer invoice is $63,405. So the purchase price would be $340 over invoice. KBB also says $63,469 is the "fair purchase price."

Am I missing anything? Seems like a good deal to me. But since I haven't negotiated at all (other than insisting that the information be provided to me via email instead of me going to sit down with him), I want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!
  • ranjohnranjohn Posts: 17
    Hi Car Man:

Just want to make sure that I got this right. So when you are calculating the residual value, you would use the % * the MSRP ; however, when calculating the depreciation fee (the amount that will be used during the lease term), you are actually using the Negotiated price (instead of the MSRP) - residual and then divided by the # of months, am I right?
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,979
    That is correct...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• nicecar3nicecar3 Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I am wondering what is the ballpark for a lease a 2013 328i in 24 months with driver assistance package option and premium package installed
  • wildcat005wildcat005 Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    I'd like to lease a 335i 4-door sedan this month.

The car I'm interested in features:
    - Cold weather package
    - Driver assistance package
    - Premium package
    - Technology package

The MSRP is $53,770 and the dealer's suggested price is $54,120. I’d like to do a 10,000 mile lease with $0 down. I have great credit. Any idea what the residual value, money factor or monthly payment would be?

If I decided to go with the Sport Line instead, will the residual value and money factor change much?

Any additional insight is appreciated!

Thanks for your help in advance!
  • punjimanpunjiman Posts: 4
    Wow that seems like a good MSRP. I'm looking at the same car, in NJ, with a MSRP of 57.
    I'm getting 0.0013, and 68% residual on 24 mths/12K miles.
    Did you negotiate that MSRP?
  • Hi punjiman,

I haven't negotiated anything yet. The MSRP is from the Vehicle Inquiry Report that our salesman ran. We're shopping right outside of DC...not sure if that changes anything.
  • punjimanpunjiman Posts: 4
    Hi wildcat,

I think the numbers i'm getting are good, if you try for that (the money factor and residual), but you are getting a very good msrp I think.
    do you mind sharing the dealer name, maybe i'll take my business there.
    dealer names are allowed to be shared here, just not salespeople.
    im getting those lease numbers from parkave bmw in nj.
  • The current selling price for a 2013 328i xdrive is at around the invoice price according to kbb.com and truecar.com. Do these selling prices on these sites include the $1000 incentive, or is the incentive in addition to the estimated selling price?
This discussion has been closed.