Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• I purchased a 2011 535i yesterday that must have been one of the last ones received in Houston as it had an arrival date here of September 25. 35 miles on the odometer and $62,875. I paid $53,000 and had the dealer include the iPhone cradle.

I asked for purchase and lease alternatives and the dealer was trying to mark up the lease rates significantly.
  • Looking to lease 2012 535i for 36 mos and 12,000 miles in Virginia Beach area. With options, MSRP would be $60,950 + destination. Options - dark graphite, NAV, rear camera, premium pkg & sound, dakota leather, and cold weather.
    - What price should I be able to negotiate for this car?
    - I'm being told there's a $1,730 NAV credit - any other incentives I should be expecting?
    - Quoted loyalty MF rate of .00130 ("just announced") and residual of 55% - sound right?
    - What other Lease charges" should I be expecting to have?
  • Appears you are getting a 0.00065 reduction from the base MF. That is twice what the current Loyalty lease incentive is (.00030). Is it possible you are exiting a current lease shortly, as a new enhanced loyalty program was just announced which discounts the rate further if getting a car in next few months, but exiting one also within a strict upcoming timeframe.
  • novass66novass66 Posts: 11
    edited November 2011
    cbeck44, thanks for your response. Yes, my curent lease is up Dec 8th and I was discussing with the dealer either pursuing the 535i or waiting until the new 3 series came out in a few months. Does this scenario sound like it would qualify for the new enhanced loyalty discount that was just announced?
  • jcarmjcarm Posts: 13
    Ezinn,
    How many months and miles did you have for this deal? This is a higher discount than I have seen. A total of $7,140? Can you tell me what incentives these were for? Was the $2000 due at signing a down payment or just first month payment acquisition fee, tax, licence, document fee?

Thanks
  • The enhanced loyalty (which I believe gives an addtional .00075 discount) has pretty strict guidelines - current lease maturity between Dec 1st and February 29th, and the consumer must take delivery on or before January 3rd, 2012.
  • fenicep3fenicep3 Posts: 13
    edited November 2011
    Hi carman, I am looking to lease a 2012 528i xdrive with cinnamon dakota leather, m sport package, technology package, cold weather package, side and top view cameras and driver assistance package. I live on long island, ny. The quote I received for a 48 month lease with 12000 miles a year was $825 sign and drive. ( first month would actually be 992 plus plates). I am new to this so was wondering if this is a good deal or should I insist to lower monthly payments. They are giving me more than 4 thousand off msrp. I still think the monthly payment is a little on the high side. What do you think. I would appreciate any input that anyone has. Thank you
  • Why would BMW announce a loyalty program for lease ending in December and not include November leases?

My lease ends November 30th so it does not qualify. That bonus makes a big difference--I probably won't lease the 5 series because the lease rates are so lousy!
  • Jcarm,

My lease is for 36m/12k miles. I recieved the nav, loyalty, and holiday $1000 incentives. The $2000 includes 1st, tax, tag, tittle and whatever, other dealer fees he could find.

Regards,

Eric
  • The enhanced loyalty has a .00075 MF reduction. If you qualify, this combined with the normal loyalty rate gives you a total MF reduction of .00105. The base 5 series MF is .00195 and should go down to .0009 if you qualify for both MF reductions
  • hello i do not know if you got a good price but i just leased a a 528xi from smithtown for $500 down (motor vehical fees and taxes on rebates) 665 month with 12k miles 36 months.

the car came with navi, comfort pack and prem package I think some small extras as well 56K car lease after rebates and dealer discount around 50\K

owner loyalty
    navi discount
    nov mission dissount

I feel like i got a good deal my 328 from 2008 was 475 month and i put 3.5K down
  • kball2kball2 Posts: 39
    Is the enhanced loyalty only for someone coming off of a lease or does it apply to someone that has a buy currently financed thru BMW Financial Services?
  • The enhanced loyalty is for current lessees with maturity between Dec 1 and Feb 29 who lease a new BMW by jan 3.
  • Here you go mac0404. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 550i Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This car's money factor would be .00030 lower for loyal customers.

BMW is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • macdadmacdad Posts: 65
    Car_Man or other - November MF and Residual for 2011 550 GT please. 36 mo 12k miles.

macdad
  • jcarmjcarm Posts: 13
    Car Man can you confirm that BMW will combine MF reductions for enhanced loyalty and normal loyalty? I am being told that you can get only one or the other. Has anyone actually received the .00090 rate?
  • jvostjvost Posts: 31
    edited December 2011
    I did receive the enhanced loyalty and they will combine them. It wasn't easy, as 2 of 3 dealers denied any knowledge of it. I had to copy the plan that appeared on a BMW dealer's website in another state and email it to my dealer before they acknowledged it.

The lease on my current BMW expired on Dec. 1, 2011, so I qualified. I did 2 more things to bring down the payment: I am a member of the BMWCCA, so I receive a $1,000 rebate on the lease of a new BMW. I used that as a down payment. Second, I took advantage of the multiple security deposit program to bring down the rate another .00035, by making 5 additional security deposits. This is a fantastic program and I highly recommend it.

Here was the deal I put together:

2012 535X-Drive, 36 Mos., 10,000 miles/year

MSRP: $61,325.00
    Discounts:
    Nav. Credit ($1,730.00)
    Additional Credit: ($1,000.00)
    Dealer Discount: ($2,796.00)

Selling Price: $55,799.00

Plus:
    Acquisition Fee: $725.00

Capitalized Cost: $56,524.00

Less:
    Cap. Cost Red. $1,000.00 (BMWCCA Rebate)

Capitalized Cost: $55,524.00

Money Factor: .00195
    Less:
    Loyalty: (.00030)
    Loyalty: (.00075)
    Net Money Factory: .00090
    Less:
    5 Sec. Dep. Disc. .00035
    Net Money Factor: .00055

Residual 56% $34,342.00

Payment B4 Sales Tax $637.80

Sales tax will be another $49/mo.

My objective was to see if I could do a $0 lease with a payment of $650 or less with tax. I came pretty close.
  • ap75ap75 Posts: 2
    Jvost: great deal man! How do you inquire about the multiple security deposits? Did you make them all at the time of delivery or through the course of the lease? Are the deposits refunded to you at lease end?

Car_Man or anyone - When you get them, I'm looking at December MF and Residual for 2012 535i xdrive please. (36 months/10k miles)

Also anyone have experience of combining the USAA discount to the lease? I actually got $1600 below invoice through the USAA-preferred dealer.

Thanks!
  • Car_Man,

When released, please post the MF and Res. on a 2012 528i 36/12 plus any new incentives. Also, if I ordered a car in November and pickup in Dec. I am assuming that the Dec numbers count for me if they are better, correct?

Thanks

Eric-
    There's no trick to the multiple security deposits. Just tell them you want to make them when you do your lease. You need to pay them up front. You get the deposit back when your lease ends. In my case I wrote a check for $3500 (5 X $700) at the time of lease. You can make up to 7. I'm not sure why I didn't make the other two - I should have, but I got into the target range of my payment.

My payment without the multiple security deposits would have been $669.25, so I'm saving $31.45 per month. That's $377.40 per year on an a deposit of $3500 is a return of 10.78%. That's a whole lot better then .040% I'm getting from the bank. I have no idea why BMWFS does this, but I love it.
  • Hi macdad. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 550i GT with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This car's money factor is lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited December 2011
    Hi jcarm. According to what I have heard, the .00030 normal and the .00075 expiring contract money factor reductions can indeed be combined for a total reduction of .00105.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi ap75. According to the latest information that I have seen, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 535i xDrive Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This car's money factor would be lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're absolutely correct, Eric. If the December lease program for this car was better than the November program, you would be eligible for the better numbers. Unfortunately, I believe that the December money factor and residual for this car are exactly the same as the November numbers were....00195 / 56%.

BMW is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive plus free navigation on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • drdr3drdr3 Posts: 2
    Stop the press. What is that second .00075 loyalty reduction in the MF? Is that the issue the dealer was reluctant on?

I'm aware that the $1,000.00 loyalty cash can also be used to reduced the MF on a lease by .0003, but where is this second loyalty discount from?

Please do tell. I'm on the fence about ordering an X6 3.5 now of waiting for LCI in July.

Thanks,
    David
  • The .00075 is applicable if your lease is ending within the month of December. However, I think BMW just introduced another program for people who have leases expiring after the new year?
  • Does anyone know how much the conquest cash is for the 5 series?
  • I do not think this is accurate. My understanding is the extra .00075 is for customers with leases ending by the end of February 2012 who lease a car by Dec 31 2011.
  • billmvbillmv Posts: 145
    Hi Car Man.......Can you tell me if the .00075 expiring contract money factor reduction program is also applicable on an X3? I have seen nothing regarding it on the X3 forum, but thought I'd ask since I found it here, and thought it might apply to more than one model.

Thanks!
    edited December 2011
    Here is the actual language of the program. Please note that it has now been EXTENDED to include leases ending through April 30, 2012, but note that you must take delivery of the car by January 3, 2012:

BMW FS Loyalty Program
    $1000 Cash Incentive. All qualifying current BMW Financial Service customers BMW Financial Services customers with a BMW Lease or OwnersChoice contract scheduled to terminate between December 1, 2011 and April 30, 2012 are eligible for the following FS Lease Loyalty Rate Reductions or $1000 Loyalty Cash: Lease/Pre-Pay Lease = deduct .00075 Owners Choice = deduct 1.75% OK with BMW Loyalty Program for combined rates of: Combined Rate Lease/Pre-Pay Lease = deduct .00105 Combined Rate Owners Choice = deduct 2.50% Contracted rate may not be below .00005 for Lease / Pre-Pay Lease contracts or below 0.01% on OwnersChoice contracts Requirements and Restrictions: - May be applied against posted Sales Support Rates or Regional Standard Rates – unless specifically excluded in the program details. - N/A Pre-Pay Lease Rate Reduction - OwnersChoice financing is available only in Illinois and Texas. - customers must take delivery of a new MY11 or MY12 BMW from an authorized BMW dealer and enter into a Lease, Pre-Pay Lease or OwnersChoice contract through BMW Financial Services for this vehicle - Program Cars and European Delivery vehicles are eligible if delivered between December 1, 2011 and January 3, 2012. Vehicle must be reported delivered, and Lease, Pre-Pay Lease, or OwnersChoice Contract must be signed between December 1, 2011 and January 3, 2012. - Year End BMW FS Lease Loyalty Reduction cannot be credit locked.
This discussion has been closed.