Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• I live in Atlanta and I am not eligible for the loyalty discount. I am trying to lease a 535i with the premium package. The msrp is 55K. The best my dealer says he can do is 1450 down 650 per month with tax(6%). Reading the above posts, this does not sound like a good deal. Any help would be appreciated.
  • My advice for ATL:
    Get dealers to compete for the same or similar car.
    Try Chris at Global, Josh at Macon and Rick at Athens.
    Good luck
  • robprivirobprivi Posts: 7
    I called around and got close to the deal I wanted. I leased the car for $536 down $650 month(tax included). MSRP was 55,320.
  • jkmiecjkmiec Posts: 5
    Got a dealer that will do this $859 a month 10k miles 36 months.

2009 535
    Sport
    Premium
    Comfort
    Power Sunshades
    Heated Seats
    Park Distance
    Navigation
    Sirius
    iPod

MSRP is $62,300
    Selling to me for $59,310

From what I can see this is about $500 over invoice which seems reasonable.

I also have $3200 rollover on an X3 that is figured into the deal

$859 / month 36 months Taxes included, Only first payment down.

My issue is that it has the old i drive. Is it likely that doing ED on a new 2010
    with same options and saving the 7% that I will get a better deal?

Thanks
  • smithsongasmithsonga Posts: 123
    I didnt run the #s, so I will trust you on that. But the lease price is very high..which maybe because of the early turn-in costs. (X3)

One point to consider. I just got a 2007 550i Certified car. 30k miles on it for $35k. It is a $72k car loaded with the V8. I financed it for $640/month. Warranty until 2013, 100k miles. I will have equity in this vehicle making my relative monthly less as I will get some of that money back. lease is a throw away.

$200/month cheaper than the deal you are listing.

Just a point to consider.
  • jkmiecjkmiec Posts: 5
    One thing I think BMW FS should do is "eat" at least one of my payments to re lease with them. What's the best way to get that to happen ?
  • georgia8georgia8 Posts: 1
    I received the following lease offer:

2009 528i
    36 month/ 10K
    $2500 Reduction from BMW (Covers in fees)
    Selling Price $48,114.52
    Residual Percentage 61% ($30,634.20 at lease end)
    Money Factor .0020
    $2500 down
    $519 mthly payment

Can someone share their opinion of this offer?

Thanks
  • erik13erik13 Posts: 3
    Hard to say since you don't mention the msrp, but BMW website has 528i for 459 per month with 3500 down, plus an additional 2500 off (which would reduce the payment even more). this was for msrp 49,025. Sounds like your payment is too high.
  • Hi georgia8, That doesn't look so good to me. Here is the offer I've been considering (in NY):

2009 528i sedan with xdrive, premium, cold weather, rear folding seats
    MSRP $52550
    Invoice: $48375
    Selling Price $47290
    36 mo/12K
    Residual 60% ($31530)
    Money Factor 0.00145
    Nothing down (other than taxes, fees)
    $552.07 per month
  • rperrper Posts: 1
    I got a lease deal for $599 per month 10k 36mos premium package with navigation $6178 due at signing. Ray Catena BMW Formerly Westchester BMW.
    MSRP $59,200
    Is this a good lease deal ?
  • cnj31cnj31 Posts: 2
    Dear car_man and kyfdx,

Do we have BMWFS' Money factor, the residual %, and Acq fee for a 36 months, 15K miles lease for: 2009 528xi, 535xi and 535xiT ?

Also, what kind of incentive is available for leasing and Financing for people who are NOT BMWFS' customers? I heard for leasing, BMWFS provides $2,500.00 Cap Cost reduction discount. And for financing, BMWFS has 0.9% for 60 months plus they will take care of the first two months payments, are these correct?

Thank you,
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    What's up, doc4242? Here's the latest info that I have seen. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 335i xDrive Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 48%, respectively. BMW is providing a $1,000 cash incentive and a .00030 money factor reduction to current lessees who lease this car.

Please post any additional questions that you have about leasing a new 3-Series in the "BMW 3-Series Lease Questions" discussion. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Jenn. You should be able to do better than $500 over invoice on an '09 528i right now. BMW is currently providing a $2,500 cash incentive on leases of this car to current BMW FS lessees and to the current owners of select competitive vehicles. If you qualify for this cash, and it is very likely that you do, you should be able to get this car for well below dealer invoice.

The money factor that you were quoted, .00145, is correct for current BMW FS lessees.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi erik13. For a number of reasons, the advertised lease payments on BMW's site are a little on the low side. While it is true that one should be able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that was used to arrive at the advertised payment, the ad does not include sales tax and it assumes that the lessee is making a substantial capitalized cost reduction...which is never a good idea. Furthermore, the vehicles that manufacturers advertise rarely contain as much equipment as the vehicles that most people get in the real world. More equipment = more money.

Car_man
    Host
  • sully007sully007 Posts: 1
    BMW is offering the following deal, but does anybody have any idea what your credit score needs to be to qualify for this offer or is this bait and switch crap? I live in Dana Point CA.

$529 Monthly Payment
    36 Month Term
    $3500 Down Payment
    $550 Security Deposit
    10000 Annual Mileage

Restrictions Lease based on 2009 528i Sedan wit Automatic Transmission, Premium Package and MSRP $49,025 including destination charge. Actual price may vary. Dealer contribution may affect terms. See dealer for details.
  • dexinsddexinsd Posts: 6
    Seems like a reasonable deal based on what I've seen. I just got a quote -- same packages and options, except no Nav and it had heated seats. Same MF and residual. Sale price was $55,900 -- they said invoice plus $500. Monthly payments $700 w $1250 drive off. This includes $2500 of loyalty money for being a current BMW financial services customer.

Anyone out there seeing anything better than $500 over invoice??
    Hi erik13. I doubt that having a BMW credit card would make you eligible for BMW's owner loyalty cash, but I suppose that one never knows. I have some good news for you though. BMW recently expanded this program to include not only loyal customers but current owners or lessees of competitive models. If you own another luxury vehicle, there is a good chance that you are eligible for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jkmiec. Unless BMW is running some sort of official early lease termination program, like Mercedes-Benz often does, having them eat one of your remaining lease payments to get you into a new vehicle is not going to happen. Sure, the dealer will tell you that they are making your last payment for you or eating it or whatever, but in reality all they are doing is using profit from your deal to make your payment. The dealer using profit from your deal to get you into something else hampers your ability to get the best possible deal on your new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cnj31. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 528xi with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 535xi are .00175 and 58%. Lastly, the numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 353xiT are .00175 and 58%. Wow, that was redundant...they're all the same.

BMW FS' base lease acquisition fee is $725.

If you opt to finance instead of lease one of these cars, you can do so through BMW FS at 0.9% for up to 60 months, regardless of whether you are a returning customer or not.

As you have heard, BMW is waiving the first two payments on finance contracts and providing a $2,500 cash incentive for most customers on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sully007. Unlike many manufacturers' captive finance companies, which have credit tiers that have different money factors depending upon what your credit score is like, BMW Financial Services uses a pass / fail system to borrow a term from school (man that was a loooong time ago). Either you qualify for its best available lease program, or you can't lease through them. Unless your credit is really messed up, chances are that you will be approved to lease through the program that you referenced in your post.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.