Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• zoombie99zoombie99 Posts: 124
    Car_man

I wonder if you can help me. I need the residual and mf on a tier 1 for a 535x @ 15k. Stupid question. Would I be better off leasing it at 10k for a higher residual and then paying BMW the .15 excess after my lease starts?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,434
    You can do the math... 36 month 15K/yr lease has a 3% lower residual than a 10K/yr lease...

Assume a $60K car, you'll pay $1800 (actually a little less) for the extra 15,000 miles, or $0.12 per mile...

In almost every case, you are better off taking the higher allowance, if you know you will use those miles..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• wnfakndwnfaknd Posts: 1
    Looking for the MF and residual for 24 and 36 month lease with 15K miles on the 535i and 528i for March.

Thanks! :)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi tlb5. While one never knows what a dealer will go for, the price that you mentioned seems a little aggressive to me. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You certainly may chadmandel. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 528i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi macdad. Unfortunately, I don't believe that BMW is leasing 2011 5-Series models through BMW FS any longer.

The selling price that you mentioned looks pretty good to me, but since it is their starting point you might as well shoot for something lower and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey macdad. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 535 GT with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello iamgarygnu. $700 over dealer invoice is a pretty good selling price for this car. I'm pretty sure that this car's buy rate lease money factor is .00190, but I don't see why the dealer would even bother trying to mark it up by .00005. Perhaps they were confused.

I don't know what the cut off for BMW FS' top money factors is off of the top of my head, but I recall it being fairly lenient, not the old General Motors anyone with a pulse lenient, but still not bad.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tortez. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 535i with 10,000 miles per year are .00185 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

BMW is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, cntv121.

BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 528i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

BMW's 12,000 mile per year residual value would be 2% higher and its 10,000 mile per year residual value would be 3% higher.

The $1,525 dealer contribution that you saw mentioned just means that is how much the dealer has to discount the vehicle by to arrive at BMW's officially advertised payment for this car.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take the $1,500 cash incentive that BMW is currently providing on leases of this car into account in addition to a dealer discount.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2012
    Hey iamgarygnu. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 528i xDrive with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Make sure to take the $1,500 cash incentive that BMW is currently providing on leases of this car into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi zoombie99. That's not a stupid questions at all. I agree with kyfdx, if you're going to use the miles just go with the higher allowance.

BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 535i xDrive with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2012
    Here you go wnfaknd. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value or a 24-month lease of a 2012 528i with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00190 and 58%.

The numbers for a '12 535i are .00185 / 62% and .00185 / 56%.

Oh yeah, there'a a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of these cars this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • poykayilpoykayil Posts: 9
    Hey Car_man

Are the numbers the same on the 2012 535xi at 36 month and 12k?
    Would you know if what they are for the 550xi as well?
  • Dear Car_man
    Thanks to this forum and all your help, I recently leased a 2012 528i from Andrew Einhorn at Irvine BMW. With the information you provided about Money Factors, Residuals, Fees, and Invoice Pricing I was able to shop all the local dealers and negotiate the best price. The next time I consider leasing or buying a new car I will definitely visit your page again, and I would highly recommend this site and Andrew to anyone who is looking to get into a new BMW. Thanks again for all of your help!
    Thank You,
    Bobby
  • socal59socal59 Posts: 54
    @bobby29oc, can you share the numbers? msrp, price paid, monthly payments etc etc?
  • Hey Car_man

I was quoted a money factor of .00235 and 61% on a 528i 10K 36-month lease. Why the huge difference in money factor? Is the .00190 based on the state or is it nation wide.
  • bderushbderush Posts: 17
    This is due to the dealer marking up the money factor to pad their profit on the deal. The money factor is set by Bmw Financial and is nationwide.
  • dmason12dmason12 Posts: 13
    Getting a 2012 535i in jet black/cinnamon brown with Prem, Sport, Nav, etc. w/ MSRP of $62045 at INVOICE (plus MACO and training fee ($500-$600 total)). 36 months, 10K miles per year with MF of 0.00185 and residual of 59%. With $2000 cap reduction plus the $1500 BMW lease cash, pmt is right at $700/mo including CA sales tax. BMW is also covering the last 2 pmts on my 2009 535i lease which expires mid May. Could I have done better?
  • $700/month is a great deal! Who is your salesperson? Do you mind sharing a contact info? Thank you!
  • dmason12dmason12 Posts: 13
    In keeping with not divulging specific info on here, my advice is:

Know what the invoice price is: available online plus MACO and training fee = $560 in S. Ca.

MF is 0.00185 on a 36 mo lease and resid is 56% for 15K miles, 58% for 12K miles and 59% for 10K miles. Use a lease calculator (available online). You cannot go wrong. Look at the dealer websites to find the color combo you want as you may have better luck going directly to them rather than getting another dealer to trade for that car or ordering. Good luck!
    Car_man,

does BMW historically lower the MF sometime in the spring?
  • akeyesakeyes Posts: 7
    Hi Car man, this is my first time writing in the forums and thank you in advance for any help.

I currently have a 2010 528 that is coming off lease in 3 months. I took out the new 2012 for a spin and it definitely has a different feel to it. Does anyone have any feedback on the steering and the new 4cyl turbo engine? Specifically, after owning for a while are they happy with it?

Second, this is the deal that Im currently working on an wondering if this is a good deal, they are also covering my last 3 months on my current lease (worth $1905):

2012 BMW 528i xDrive Sedan
    Exterior Color Titanium Silver Metallic
    Interior Color Black Dakota Leather
    MSRP $55,625.00
    Engine Type I-4 cyl
    Options
    125B 528xi
    354 Titanium Silver Metallic
    LCSW Black Dakota Leather
    ZPP Premium Package
    316 Power tailgate
    319 Universal garage-door opener
    508 Park Distance Control
    ZTP Technology Package
    3AG Rear-view camera
    609 Navigation system
    1CA CO2 relevant vehicles
    1CB CO2 content
    494 Heated front seats
    4BN Dark wood trim
    615 Online Information Services
    620 Voice-command
    655 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
    6AA BMW TeleServices
    6AB TeleService Control
    6NF Smartphone Integration
    6NR BMW Apps
    6UH Real Time Traffic Information

Notes Leather Seats, NAV, Sunroof, Overhead Airbag. Titanium Silver Metallic exterior and Black Leather Seats, 528i xDrive trim. READ MORE... ======KEY FEATURES INCLUDE: Heated Mirrors, Sunroof, All Wheel Drive, Turbocharged, Premium Sound System, iPod/MP3 Input, Onboard Communications System, Aluminum Wheels, Keyless Start, Dual Zone A/C. MP3 Player, Keyless Entry, Child Safety Locks, Steering Wheel Controls, Electronic Stability Control. ======OPTION PACKAGES: HEATED FRONT SEATS, PREMIUM PKG pwr trunk lid open/close, integrated 3-button universal garage door opener, front rear park distance control, Dakota leather upholstery door trim, TECHNOLOGY PKG rear-view camera, navigation system, SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO W/1-YEAR SUBSCRIPTION, BMW APPS W/SMARTPHONE INTEGRATION. 528i xDrive with Titanium Silver Metallic exterior and Black Leather Seats features a 4 Cylinder Engine with 240 HP at 5000 RPM*.

Lender: BMW FS
    Type: Lease
    Term: 36 Months
    Miles per year: 12,000 miles/year
    Tax State: NY
    Monthly Payment: $647.87 including 8.625% Sales Tax
    Total Due at Delivery: $1,774.87 Plus DMV Fees

Thanks so much for any help!
  • jefe511jefe511 Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I have been offered the following deal:

$54,245 MSRP
    36 month lease
    15,000 miles
    $1200 total out of pocket (including all dealer and DMV fees)
    $742 per month (includes 6%) sales tax

-Cold Weather Package
    -Premium Package
    -Tech Package
    -Sirius Radio

Any opinions?
  • ech7ech7 Posts: 4
    Dear Car_man,

The information you provide here is very helpful. I was able to figure out/calculate excatly the current (March) lease offer on 528i posted on www.bmwusa.com. Details as follows:
    - $549*/month for 36 months
    - 10,000 miles per year

While the residual (61%) and MF (0.00190) you provided are key elements, buyers must realize that the dealer contribution ($1,525) and lease credit ($1,500) must be taken into account. These are not mentioned on the BMW website, a dealer happened to mention it in their lease offer page.

If the buyer is not aware of this, then the dealer may use it to its advantage.

I will surely keep an eye on your posts so I can head out to the dealer well prepared.

E C H
  • bmwfansfbmwfansf Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    As a follow on to this trail, does anyone know if residual values are the same across the entire BMW line up? I'm getting 59% on a 2012 550i. Sound right? 10K miles/year.

thanks in advance
  • lebovlebov Posts: 1
    I was able to get a salesman to agree to a selling price of $500 over invoice for a 2012 528Xi with tech package ($1685), premium package ($2050), sat radio w/ 1 year ($350), cold weather ($1320) and destination ($895).

The selling price was invoice ($51,535) plus $500 or $52,035. Is this a good deal? I struck this deal on Saturday the 17th in northern NJ.

Was this a good deal?
    Sounds like a good deal to me. When I pull the trigger on my car, I hope to get it for no more than 500 over invoice. I am in north jersey also.
    I am waiting to pull a trigger on the 528 or 535 lease.Does anyone think the money factor will be reduced next month?

Also, does anyone know when the 2013 5 series (non hybrid) will hit the US?
  • wmjc22wmjc22 Posts: 1
    Not too bad. Lease or buy?
    How about this lease deal.
    $595 per month 36 mo lease 10k miles. $2k down that covers 1st month, $725 Bank and then motor vehicle fees $300 and $330 cap cost reduction

528xi
    Premium
    Cold
    Nav
    Metallic
    MSRP $56.2k
This discussion has been closed.