Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• smithsongasmithsonga Posts: 123
    hard to compare you buying an extended warranty vs. a CPO car.

What is the dealer asking to buy that car?
  • sss2sss2 Posts: 11
    How recently did you speak to BMWFS about buying your car? From everything I've heard, they stopped dealing directly with owners on July 1. Now, all lease-to-retail deals have to go thru the dealer and the prices are quite a bit higher. Did BMWFS contact you or did you contact them? I'm interested because I plan to buy my car off lease this week. Thanks.
  • sanasrsanasr Posts: 2
    My current BMW 5 Series lease will be ending soon (mid sept) and I want begin looking around for good lease deals. Unfortunately, the dealers in detroit areas are not very competitive and I was wondering if there are recommendations on dealers in the neighboring states (ohio, indian, illinois, etc) that people have been able to negotiate good dealers. Please advise. Thanks.
  • sanasrsanasr Posts: 2
    where and which dealer did you buy your car.
  • So here is the deal that I just signed for a:
    2010 BMW 528xi.
    MSRP: 50,775
    Discounted Price: 48,100
    Residual Value: 57%
    Money Factor: .00155
    36 months
    12k/year
    Due at Delivery: 2,520 nothing else
    Premium Package
    Value Package
    Xenon Lights
    Monthly payment: $618

What do you guys think of this deal? I know I can't change anything now but just wanted to know your guys and Car-Man's opinion
  • Is 618 with or without tax?
  • yes 618 includes tax. good deal?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're very welcome, jsmduke.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi destifan. According to the latest information that I have seen, the .00155 buy rate that you mentioned is correct. BMW FS uses a pass / fail system rather than a tiered system for leasing. That means either you qualify for its best available money factor, or you can't lease through them. If the factor that you are being quoted is higher than .00155, chances are that the dealer that you are working with is marking your car's factor up to add additional hidden, back-end profit to your deal. BMW dealers are notorious for doing this. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, there's a good chance that you will be able to find a dealer that will use BMW FS' buy rate to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cliffturn9. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. It's right in line with the latest BMW FS buy rate that I have seen for this model.

Let's look at the other important factor when negotiating a lease, the selling price. The car that you described probably has a spread of just under $4,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That means that the $2,600 dealer discount that you were quoted is probably around $1,300 over invoice. That's not bad, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition it would not shock me if you were able to find a dealer that was willing to knock another $500 or so off of this car's price. If you can't or aren't willing to do the legwork for that little, then don't worry...this is a decent deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi,

what are the August lease rates for 2010 5 series

Thanks
  • We have been leasing with BMW for quite some years now. We just leased a 2009 X 5 4.8i. Now i wasn't to lease a 2009 BMW 535i. Loaded with the M package body kit and wheels. The payments they quoted me is 840 with no money down, 12K miles / 36 month lease. Is this a good deal????/ Thanks

1050 535i
    USD 51,100.00

416 Carbon Black Metallic
    N/C

LCSW Black Dakota Leather
    N/C

ZCW Cold Weather Package

248 Heated Steering Wheel
    N/C

494 Heated front seats
    N/C

502 Retractable headlight washers
    N/C

ZMP M Sport Package

229 Active Roll Stabilization (ARS)
    N/C

300 Space-saver spare
    N/C

ZPP Premium Package

319 Universal garage-door opener
    N/C

430 Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors
    N/C

431 Auto-dimming rearview mirror
    N/C

563 Ambiance lighting
    N/C

ZVP Value Package
    N/C

6FL iPod and USB adapter
    N/C

2TB Sport automatic transmission with shift paddles

322 Comfort Access keyless entry

337 M Sport Package
    N/C

2NP 18" Light-Alloy Double Spoke wheels (Style ...
    N/C

339 Shadowline exterior trim
    N/C

438†Dark Poplar Wood
    N/C

456†Comfort seats with lumbar support
    N/C

704 Sport suspension
    N/C

710 M steering wheel
    N/C

715 Aerodynamic kit
    N/C

775 Anthracite headliner
    N/C

609 Navigation system

615 Online Information Services
    N/C

620 Voice-command
    N/C

653 HD Radio
    N/C

655 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription

6AA BMW TeleServices
    N/C

6AB Steering Teleservices
    N/C

6UH Real Time Traffic Information
    N/C

Net Total

Destination Charge

Gas Guzzler Tax
    N/C

Total Suggested Price
  • dulnevdulnev Posts: 652
    You didn't mention what state you're in -- the tax rate included in the payment can be significant in some places. You also did not mention what your negotiated price is. But $840 a month is what one should pay for a 550i fairly well loaded. You should not pay more than $500- $1,000 over invoice for a 535i, and you certainly shouldn't be paying more than $750 a month.
  • dulnevdulnev Posts: 652
    I know what the problem is. You're trying to lease a 2009 car. That's a HUGE MISTAKE as the residuals are very low. If you want a 2009, you should buy it. But if you want to lease, get the 2010 and your payments will be much lower.
  • joesaojoesao Posts: 16
    Hi there everyone,

This forum has been a fantastic resource in the past so I'm back, now that I'm getting another vehicle...

Would like to get the residual and money factor for the following cars:
    2009 & 2010 528i, 12k miles, 36-month lease, South Florida, great credit

(I want to compare the end prices on the 2009 and 2010 leases, so would appreciate data for both!)

Thanks for your help!
    Greetings Alex. Here's the information that you're looking for. According to the latest information that I have seen, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 528i with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 58%, respectively.

I had to make some assumptions when providing you with this data because you never mentioned the exact trim level, mileage allowance, or length of lease that you are interested in. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello joesao. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 528i with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2009 528i are .00050 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • joesaojoesao Posts: 16
    Awesome, thanks so much, Car_man!
  • Decent, I think for sure. Thanks for the info, I'm going in next week for same vehicle, will let you know...
  • tomb009tomb009 Posts: 2
    Hello-

I am considering a 2010 535. Is the MF for the 535 the same as the 528? I read on this forum that the BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 528i with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 60%, respectively. Can someone confirm this for me for the 535?

Also, is the acquisition fee set by BMW Financial Services? I have heard that BMW allows dealers to add to this amount? What should the acquisition fee be?

Thank you.

tomb009
    Phoenix, AZ
This discussion has been closed.