Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Car_man,

What is the December money factors and residual for a 2013 535i

36 months / 15,000 miles per year
    or
    30 months / 20,000 miles per year

thank you
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 262
    The only feasible solution in your situation is to have someone take your lease over. There are two sites that I know about - swapalease and leasetrader.
    The people there expect great deals but if you monthly payment is relatively low you should be able to find buyers.
  • xmonaxmona Posts: 9
    I need to know what I should pay for a 2013 BMW 535I MSRP $60,670. Sign & drive (first mo & fee & dmv fee) apx $1900. I got a phone quote of $706/ 39mos 10K. I think it should be around $635 range. I know that there is a $2K holiday rebate. Also, I was told that the 535I has a better deal than the 528I w/ the same options.
  • You're welcome derekla. Great job at negotiating. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi fyost. There's $1,000 bonus cash on the 2013 528i and $2,000 on the 2013 535i. The $750 loyalty cash is indeed still there.

The money factor for the '13 528i is .00130. The money factor for the '13 535i is .00125. The residuals for 36 / 10 are 58% for the 528i and 60% for the 535i.

Car_man
    Host
  • I was quoted this today and I feel like it is too high....and the residual value seems off:
    msrp: 53,695
    residual value: 55%
    Money Factor: 1.3
    12,000 miles
    39 month lease
    total drive off: $2500
    Monthly payment including tax: $562
    premium package, navigation, anthracite wood

Can u please let me know if this is off?
    thank you
  • Hi hamlyn. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ActiveHybrid 5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi rmd3003. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 550ix with 12,000 miles per year are 0.00125 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome omgraj. I'm not surprised that the dealership isn't all that interested in giving you a discount on an ordered M5. That's a pretty expensive car that they probably wouldn't be able to move very quickly if for some reason your deal fell apart before you took delivery. There's definitely wiggle room in this car's price, but if you're not willing to shop around and take something out of inventory your ability to get at it may be somewhat limited.

As far as this car's pricing goes, a base without any options M5 Sedan has a spread of $8,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. On top of that there's a $2,000 holiday cash incentive available on this car right now, giving you a minimum of $10,000 to play with in your negotiations.

I personally would want a significant discount on this car, but again it may be difficult to get one on an ordered vehicle. If you haven't officially placed your order yet, you may want to consider shopping around to see if another dealer would be more reasonable on the price.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello ace008. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 535i Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00125 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're welcome fourwheels1. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 528i Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

As far as the cash incentives go, there is $1,000 holiday cash and $750 loyalty cash on this model right now.

December is an excellent time to get a new car. BMW is running additional behind the scenes volume incentives for dealers and is really hammering on them to try to rack up as many sales as possible in an effort to outsell Mercedes-Benz for the year.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi wangt1015. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2013 535i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00125 and 57%.

If you need to drive more than 15,000 miles per year, you have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • jkauf1jkauf1 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Hi,

was looking at a 535i with navi, performance package, driver assistance package. dealer went through a bunch of number crunching and fancy terminology but basically came down to me plunking 30k down for the lease as a 1 time payment rather than 31-32 if i space it out and put no money down. the MSRP on the car is about 64k

I have read a bit about these one-pay leases and there (like most things) seems to be mixed reviews. Was wondering what your thoughts would be?

thanks
  • Hi Car man!

Looking for the latest lease rates on a 2013 528i for 39 months and 10K/year. I was quoted .0013 and 56%, does that sound right? Is a 535 with same terms much better right now?

Thanks so much!
  • 2013 BMW 528I

Alpine White
    Beige Interior
    M Package
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Heated Front Seats
    Sports Tranny
    Premium Sound

MSRP - $58570.00

Selling Price - $54,955.00

39 month/10k mile - Monthly payment of $733.00 with $1,000 Out of pocket
  • Hi Car man,

Earlier you mentioned that dealers are given 2500 to 3500 as an incentive, is that still going on. I believe you mentioned 3500 for a 2013 535. I am in the process of negotiating a lease and I have already been quoted just below the edmunds invoice on a 67,670 MSRP car. However, the dealers also quote their invoice as higher. Nevertheless, if the indicated invoice on edmunds is 62,240 what should I be aiming for as a STEAL of a selling price? Thanks for your help.
  • Hi Car man/Experts,

Need some expert advice from you.

Here is what is offered to me: MSRP 56K for 528i – TECH/REAR VIEW /Premium pack with Heated seats.

Discounted price- 52 K.

Lease option for 12k/year- is with money factor of ..00170 and 55% residual

They are charging me acquisition fees of $925 and tax and with my trade-in of $9500.

Also, they are offering a holiday credit of $1750.

The lease quote is $473/month for 39 months.

I need to make a decision if to go ahead on this.. Please suggest?

Thanks much in advance.
  • hithit Posts: 26
    It seems like you are putting your trade in 9500 as a down-payment? Don't put a down-payment on a lease. Don't. It simply doesn't make sense.

Read through these boards more, become familiar with what's key in lease calculations and negotiate based on that knowledge. Check Edmunds new car calculator for the invoice price of your vehicle. Don't do any more then a few hundred dollars above invoice. THEN subtract all incentives and holiday credits from the negotiated price of the vehicle. When you get the lease number from the dealer, plug everything into a lease calculator to make sure that the numbers add up.

Hopefully this post will be helpful :D
  • bimmer_guybimmer_guy Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.

How could i use my trade-in then?

Please share your knowldege looking into my situation & For MF and residual value looks right?
    Invest the money. Spend it elsewhere. Put it under your mattress if you want to. IF your state has it available, ask the dealer about buying down your money-factor, in which case BMW holds several times your payment to effectively lower the money-factor (interest rate). This may be an optimal option for utilizing your available trade-in cash to lower your payments, while retaining that money at the end of the lease.

A down-payment on the lease is not preferential. By putting a down-payment on a lease, you are renting a car, paying a non-refundable payment IN ADVANCE for the rental, and risking losing your money should the car be totaled or stolen.

Scroll up in the thread to see car_mans's most recent lease numbers response. It appears that yours a bit higher then usual, may be due to not-top-tier credit. Also your acquisition fee looks a couple hundred dollars higher then typical.
  • bimmer_guybimmer_guy Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    Thanks again. I am not sure if I am saying it right but my trade-in is around $9500 termed as total cap reduction on the paper I got from dealer. Is this the same as cash down?

If I don;t trade- in should i sell it outside. What would be my best option? i think trade-in would lower my tax?

I am in Texas. Dealer won't come down on MF..anything else could i ask them?

I did not get my credit check to them yet. Should I ask them as I think I would have a good credit to qualify for better MF, is this possible?
  • If they put the $9,500 for your trade as cap reduction, that would be equivalent to putting cash down.

I think hit has given you solid guidance regarding the lease. I have recently leased two vehicles, one of which was a BMW, and I traded in a vehicle each time. I checked Edmunds, KBB, and eBay Motors to get an idea of what I thought a fair price would be and insisted that I get the price I wanted. In each case, I had the dealership cut me a check for the trade essentially treating the lease as if there were no trade involved.

With regard to the money factor, I would check with other dealerships in Texas and contact them via their Internet sales department. I would guess there are quite a few BMW dealerships in Texas so you should be able to get several other dealerships to provide you written quotes for the vehicle you want. If you really want to work with the current dealership, insist that they match the best deal you have with regard to the sale price of the vehicle, the money factor, and fees. Since the end of the year is near, I would press them to sell the car at invoice and then subtract the applicable holiday cash, loyalty discount (if you are a current BMW customer), and the Ultimate Drive app discount (if you have an iPhone or Android phone, you can get an additional credit of $500 on a 5 series by downloading this app and scheduling a test drive at the dealership with which you decide to work).
    edited December 2012
    Depending on what exact colors/features you have, your car based on your description should have an invoice around 50800, so they are overcharging you there as well...

I would contact another dealer, or call out your dealer on it demanding to get the correct rate.

Once they know that you understand what you're talking about, it becomes a whole other conversation and relationship with the dealers. Read up, understand how the pricing is calculated. Understand what the rates should be (i.e. car_man's latest numbers post), what the invoice price of the car is (you can ask the dealer and compare with Edmunds at http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/5-series/years.html?sub=sedan ). I've found that being armed with this information, I am able to call up a dealership and dictate conditions on my own terms, not theirs, saving myself lot of $$$.
  • THanks for all the insight!! It helps a load..
  • Another quick question. Residual is calculated on MSRP or the final discounted price?

MSRP is 56K and Final price is 52K..
  • The residual is calculated using the MSRP.
  • Hello All,

I have been a lurker on these forums for a while and it has been a great resource for me in purchasing my last 2 BMWs. I just leased a 535i yesterday and took advantage of the 24 month "west coast" lease special. I want to share my deal with you all. I think I got a phenomenal deal on a brand new vehicle in stock. Thoughts?

2013 BMW 535i Sedan
    Alpine White
    Black Dakota Leather
    Anthracite Wood Trim
    M Sport Package
    Dynamic Damper Control
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Sport Automatic Transmission
    Heated Front Seats
    Bang & Olufsen Sound System
    Park Distance Control
    Rear View Camera
    MSRP: $68,845
    Invoice: $63,865 (includes $400 MACO and $180 Training Fee)

Negotiated Price: $62,865
    Cap Cost Reductions: $2000 Holiday Cash, $750 Loyalty, $500 Ultimate Drive App Download Rebate = $3250 Combined
    Price After Cap Reductions: $59,615
    Additional Fees Rolled Into Lease: $725 acquisition fee
    Total Cap Cost: $60,340

Lease Terms: 24 months w/ 10K miles a year
    Total Cap Cost: $60,340
    Residual: 74% - $50,945.30
    Money Factor: 0.00125
    Sales Tax: 8.50%

$530.56 = Base Payment
    $45.10 = Monthly Tax
    $575.66 = Total Monthly Payment

Due at Signing:
    1st Months Payment: $575.66
    Registration Fees: $104
    License Fees: $413
    Sales/Use Tax: $3.80
    Electronic Vehicle Reg Charge: $29
    Tax On Cap Cost Reductions: $276.25
    Document Processing Charge: $45
    CA Tire Fee: $7.00
    ---------------------------------------------
    Total Due at Signing: $1453.71

I feel like this was the absolute best I could do on this car. I'm actually surprised the dealer went for it. It was my first offer to them and they did the deal. It's basically $1000 under invoice minus rebates. Most people seem to be paying $500 over invoice minus rebates.

Hopefully this information helps others. There are great deals out there to be had, so good luck everyone! :)
  • linhtlinht Posts: 1
    Hi, can you share the name of the dealership and person you got this deal from. I'm in Southern California also and about to turn in my lease for a new 535. Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,863
    That's a good deal... :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• marsenginemarsengine Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    hi I'm new here
    I'm going to get 2013 BMW 535ix
    msrp 63445
    premium,tech,driver asst
    rebate 3250(2000+750+500)
    selling price 56195
    residual 58% 36798
    money factor was 0.00125
    msd 4450
    money factor after msd 0.00075
    tax 7%
    out of pocket 2110(reg ,1st pym,3yr reg.document, bank fee,tire tax)
    610.01/month with tax

12,000*39 month
    is this a good deal or push little harder?
    I didnt't ask any this is a first shot.
This discussion has been closed.