Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• I was told today by 2 dealers the Texas sales tax credits were capped, so that only the first $40,000 was "tax free".
  • Car_man or anyone:

Do you think BMW financial will drop the MF in December for the 2010s? Right now the MF appears to be crazy high. I believe the current MF charged by BMW Financial is .0024 while most Dallas area dealers are marking it up to .0028 (6.72%). The 60% residual (for 12k miles), state tax credits, holiday cash, loyalty cash, and negotiated purchase price are great on this car right now. However, the extremely high MF is ruining an otherwise good deal.

What is the likelyhood the MF drops in December to move inventory prior to the end of the year with the other vaiables remaining the same?

When do we usually get word of the December numbers?

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Hi,

Negotiating a 3 yr/10K lease for a 535xi with premium, nav, parking control and sat. radio.

Total MSRP: 58220. 61% residual

Original dealer offer was about $2200 down, which is first month, fees and $925 down payment, with monthly payment of $755 (before tax is applied).

Spent a lot of time on this site and emailed another dealer and got a quote for about $708/month for same model but less one option, so $750 less in MSRP price.

Used info with original dealer and when talking with the dealer's general manager, I asked if he knew whether MF would go down in December. He stated that the .00028 MF will remain in effect through 1/4/10, same as the holiday credit.

They just came down to $715/month ($40 drop per monthly payment).

Seem like a good deal if I want to finalize this month?
  • Hi Car_Man,

Could please update all of us on the December Lease Numbers (12k/15k miles) and current incentives on a 528i?

Thanks so much.
  • Hi fm1. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 535i with 10,000 miles per year are .00240 and 61%, respectively.

As you mentioned, BMW is currently providing a $2,500 cash incentive on leases of this car to all customers plus an additional $1,500 ($4,000 total) to loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi rob_m3. The money factor that you mentioned is scheduled to run through January 4th. While it is a tad on the high side compared with what BMW often offers, it is compatible with a $2,500 cash incentive for non-loyal customers and $4,000 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mjr2u. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 535i with 12,000 miles per year are .00240 and 60%, respectively for loyal customers or new ones who pay a security deposit at lease signing. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is attempting to mark your car's factor up to bake additional back-end profit into your deal. See if you can get the dealer to use the buy rate to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello l0m6905. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 535i with 12,000 miles per year are .00240 and 60%, respectively for loyal customers or new ones who pay a security deposit at lease signing.

It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is attempting to mark your car's factor up to bake additional back-end profit into your deal. See if you can get the dealer to use the buy rate to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi baluk. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is right in line with BMW FS' current buy rate for it. That is a good sign because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not attempting to mark your factor up to add hidden profit to your deal, like BMW dealers often do.

If you are really getting this car for $100 over dealer invoice minus the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it. You can double check to make sure that you are really getting this car for that price by looking up its dealer invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey freezedog. BMW's November lease program is scheduled to run through January 4th. While it reserves the right to make unscheduled changes to its lease program, I doubt that it will.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey nc_driver1. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 528i with 15,000 miles per year are .00245 and 58%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease of this car with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive and additional $1,500 cash incentive for loyal customers (if you are eligible for it) that are currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man, thanks for your reply.
    I'm in the market for a 528 or 535, and I'm not in a hurry to get one, but at the same time I dont want to loose the $2500 Holiday incentive BMW is offering now, Do you think BMW will lower the MF in January to get more aggressive or is this as it will get?
    right now my dealer is offering the following to me:

All offers are with 36/10 $2000 total out of pocket

1. 2010 528i only option is VP $568 + Tax
    2. 2010 528i Sport Pckg, VP, Xenon, $619 + Tax
    3. 2010 535i Premium, Sport, $655 + Tax

Your thoughts

Thanks

RM
  • Does anyone know the residual value for a 4 yr lease at 10K per year? 12K per year?
  • Looking to lease my second 528xi for 2010. Edmunds shows MSRP of $48,100 and invoice of $4,250. Dealer claims he's giving it to me for $500 over invoice. With december sales event and loyalty program, there is $4000 in bmw money. If the MF is .0025 and the residual is 61% on a 3 year lease with 10K miles/year, how do I calculate what the monthly payment should be? Dealer also will take back my current lease 2 months early and credit the outstanding payments toward the new one.
  • Would you kindly explain the concept of "lease money factor" and the relevant calculations behind it and or the analysis performed with the factor.

Thank you.
  • HI Could u pls tell me which dealership and the price offered.I am also looking to lease a 528i base model.Thanks for your help.
  • Many thanks Car Man!
  • It's really simple.

1. Calculate residual: 61% of MSRP. MSRP in your case is $48,100.
    2. Figure capitalized cost: in your case the invoice price - the $4000 in bmw money + inception fees ($825?). There may be other items you'd want to put in there but that's a good start (I assume no down payment).
    3. 2 - 1 is your depreciation, divide by 36 to get amount of depreciation per month.
    4. Take (1 + 2) X .0025 to get your monthly finance charge.
    5. Add 3 & 4 to get your pretax payment per month. Depending on where you lease you may need to pay the Sales Tax upfront or you can add it per month to the payment.

There are a few other wrinkles but that should be about it (at least you can get an idea).

HTH (unless I'm wrong, in which case I would welcome any corrections).
  • Hi all - I have an opportunity to take over a lease- 2009 528xi fully loaded-7k miles- 26 months left on the lease- the current leaser wants 2k for his pocket and wants me to pay the 600.00 lease transfer = 2600.00 out of my pocket- the monthly payment is 590.00 a mo. is this a good deal? can I do better at bmw on 2010 with all they are offering now?
    thank you
  • Hey Car_man, or anybody,
    I've being negotiating with my local Dealer (miami Fl) for a few weeks, and this are the best numbers so far:

2010 528i with Premium Package
    MSRP $47575
    Selling price $42500
    61% residual
    .00245 MF
    36/10
    2000 total money out of pocket
    $549 + Tax ($588 with tax)

what do you guys think??
    Dealer is telling me this are the rock bottom numbers.
This discussion has been closed.