Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• flbimmerflbimmer Posts: 12
    what was the payment?
  • nameseannamesean Posts: 8
    wow. I didnt know that 528i's were here yet. Good news. Tell us how is drives compared to the 535 when you drive one. We are all curious now. ;)
  • bmwmrc1bmwmrc1 Posts: 16
    edited July 2010
    namesean, the 528i was surprisingly quick. The base engine now has 240 hp, compared to last year's 230 hp. The ride was very smooth and responsive. The one I drove had premium and sport packages. Obviously, the 535i was quicker, but I was quite impressed with the 528's responsiveness. It's definitely worth taking a look at, although I just learned today they're going to hold the 528's from delivery, because of compression concerns. But regardless, they are here now.

BTW, in the end I decided to lease another 328i (2011) with premium and automatic, because I was offered forgiveness of the last 3 payments on my 2007 328i and my payment is almost identical to what I was paying on the 2007, which was $484 per month plus tax. I only put down the first month's payment, plus doc fees, and acquisition fee. The color I chose was the new DEEP SEA BLUE with beige leather interior. It's a beautiful and elegant combination.
  • 1003008gl1003008gl Posts: 11
    Hi,
    Please let me know if this is a good deal.
    2011, 535i, 12000 miles/year, 3 year lease, buy rate 0.00250, no security, 725 bank fee, 1551.67 total drive off, monthly payment is 772.59+CA tax 9.75%=947.92
    MSRP is 55,125
    Thanks
  • van131van131 Posts: 7
    Whats a good residual and money factor for any BMW??
  • boris535iboris535i Posts: 4
    Car man or anybody:

I'm looking to get a 2011 535i. A lease with 10K miles per year. 36 mo lease.. with just drive off. here is what i got.

msrp 61,325 p1/p2/conv pck
    after discounts on car total come out to 58,700.00

the money factor is .0022 and $4,500 security deposit. total drive off with security deposit come out 6243.00 (4500 would be refunded back to me at the end off 36.mo).
    payment 814 with out tax. tax rate 9.75% total monthly payment 894.00

can i expect to get a better deal if i say no to this deal and keep trying to work the sales guy or is this the best im going to get?

thanks in advance
  • pursuitpursuit Posts: 5
    Hi, I am working with the dealers in my area for a 2011 535 with an msrp of 65,475. I would like to know what the money factor and residual numbers for 36/10k.What should i expect the payment to be. Only fees out of pocket 1st month,acc,doc reg. sales tax 6%. Thank You.
    62% mf should be not more then .230
    msrp 62225
    36mo
    6300 refund deposit
    1700 drive off
    867.24 including tax
    btw first time bmw owner never had bmw befor love it
    :)
  • pursuitpursuit Posts: 5
    This is what i was quoted on a 2011 535.
    msrp 65,475
    sale 61,375
    res 62%
    money .00230
    drive off 1,450
    36/10k
    905. includes 6% sales tax.
    Lease guide calculator say payment should be 860. What is the correct #
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're welcome ML.

BMW FS' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 535i with 10,000 miles per year are .00230 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The 61% resid is for a lease with 12,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey abockstein. BMW FS' 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per resids.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bmwmrc1. You're lease payment will depend upon this car's selling price. Let's crunch some numbers, assuming a selling price of $1,000 over invoice and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 BMW 528i that has an MSRP of $49,075 and a selling price of $46,185 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $627, assuming that you qualify for its top credit tiers and pay a security deposit and acquisition fee at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 550i with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

I don't believe that BMW is currently providing any cash incentives on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi 1003008gl. If your credit is in good enough shape for you to qualify for BMW FS' top credit tier and you pay a security deposit at lease signing, this car's money factor should be .00230.

The acquisition fee that you were quoted is correct, which is a good sign because BMW dealers often try to mark it up.

You never mentioned this car's selling price though. This is a very important number to find out. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is much more difficult to figure out how much of a dealer discount you are being given and in turn whether there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings van131. BMW's lease program vares by model, term (length of lease), and mileage allowance. If you describe the lease that you are interested in, I should be able to give you an idea of what a good money factor and residual value would be for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Boris. The money factor that you were quoted is too high if you are making multiple security deposits. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2011 535i is only .00230 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Each extra security deposit that you make after the first would lower that factor by .00007.

Make sure the dealer uses BMW FS' buy rate to calculate your payment.

As far as the selling price that you were quoted goes, the car that you described probably has a spread of $4,800 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $2,600 dealer discount that you were quoted likely puts you at more than $2,000 over invoice.

Between the selling price and the marked-up money factor, I would not be surprised if you were able to beat this deal by haggling some more or shopping around.

Car_man
    Host
  • billyd6billyd6 Posts: 3
    Are you sure the residual is not 58% on the 550i with 36 months and 15,000 miles?

Also, what do you think money factors and residuals will be in July? Any chance of a slightly lower money factor?

Thanks!

Billyd6
  • flbimmerflbimmer Posts: 12
    Thanks CarMAn!!!!

Got the car today, it is amazing! By far best car i have ever owned (leased). :) Got looks at every light and parking lot!!! I think i will sleep in it tonight....
  • asteinbergasteinberg Posts: 138
    What are MFs for 2011 528I?
    Interest rates are lower than more than 2 years ago when I leased my 2008 BMW 535i, yet their money factor (from discussion here) seems much higher. I think that's exploitation.
    I am considering a 2011 528i, with premium, night vision, sport, driver assistance, convenience, ehad-up display, xenon. The $60K MSRP is a tad higher than the $59K+ MSRP on my 2008. That car was discounted to 55K (which hopefully the 528i can); had a much lower MF, and I gave a refundable deposit -- I think maximum 7 deposits brought MF from 144 to 90.
    I've had performance/service problems with both prior BMWs, and BMW company was indifferent/unresponsive. Dealers did not consistently honor 'loaner' policy.
    I can't do the 528I unless I get a decent price and MF.
    Anyway, CARMAN, my main question -- is aren't they just doing MF for what they can get away with, rather than what interest rates are, nowadays?
    Are BMW sales so much better than everyone else that they can charge a high MF. I go to the showrooms, and I don't see people looking or buying.
    To avoid their exploitative MF and $625 acquisition fee, you're almost better off buying the car, if you have the money. I'm only earning 2% in bank. They can borrow at prime rate of perhaps 3.25%.
This discussion has been closed.