Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Here you go, jit3. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 535i Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

This car's money factor is lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Ah ha. BMW FS' 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'd be happy to help you out cjsesq. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 528i xDrive Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Yes, the .00030 and .00105 money factor reductions are only available for loyal BMW customers. Having said that, there is some $1,500 conquest certificates floating around out there that can be used on the deals of current owners of competitive products.

You are correct about the $1,000 bonus cash and $1,730 option credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi looking at both 528 & 535 - Not sure if I'm getting a good deal or not (CT, NYC area).

Both cars have - Premium, Tech, Cold Wthr & Premium sound. Metallic/Dakota

$2500 for trade-in
    Approx $2000 in down pmt

528 - 12k/yr - $540/mo (incl tax)
    535 - 12k/yr - $640/mo (incl Tax)

Any suggestions?
  • sas12sas12 Posts: 3
    Thaks for the resposne Car_man.

The residual values have dropped from 63% in Sept to between 51-53% on the 550's. The residual value if further reduced by .30 cents for every mile that is on the car and that was increased from .20 to .30 in the last 60 days ( 50% increase). So these execuitve demos have true residual value of between 45 and 48%, that strikes me as a HUGE drop in the residual value over the last 60 days.
  • asw1asw1 Posts: 9
    I received a mailer from BMW today offering me "triple BMW loyalty rewards." Does anyone know how this offer fits in with the other offers for December?

Here is what the offer says:

"We would like to thank you for your loyalty to the BMW brand with an unprecedented loyalty offer, extended to a select group of BMW owners. For a limited time, lease a new 2011 or 2012 BMW through BMW Financial Services, and you'll be eligible for up to triple the BMW loyalty rewards - an average of $3,000 - courtesy of our enhanced loyalty benefits. [1]

"The timing couldn't be better - you can also use this offer in conjunction with any of BMW's other offers, including the BMW Mission To Drive Sales Event, going on now.

"So don't delay - this special offer ends January 3, 2012.

"[1]Average estimated enhanced loyalty benefit of $3,000 is based on a lease capitalized cost of $50,000. Total enhanced loyalty benefit will vary based on model chosen, customer down payment, capitalized cost and residual value. Enhanced loyalty benefit replaces existing $1,000 loyalty benefit for returning BMW owners with a model year 2005 BMW or newer, purchasing or leasing a new BMW."
  • I am trying to lease a bmw 535 2012, and i dont wamt to pay more than $700 a month incl. Taxes
    I am planning to put $3500 cash at signing, does anybody knows or recommend some1 who can make the deal happen????????
    I am located in los angeles CA
    Thanks
  • I've never owned a BMW but am considering my first. A 2012 BMW 535i; Black Sapphire with venetian beige, equiped with Premium Package, Technology Package, Cold Weather Package and satelite readio. The MSRP quoted by Dealer is 59,325 with selling price of 55,200. A lease for 3 years at 15K a year I was quoted 888.48 including the 3% rental tax in NC.

No money down was required nor security deposit, only out the door charges were first months payment and tag transfer fees.

Is this a good deal?
  • Hi Tamator,

Which dealer is it? it seems to be better than I quote here. What is the final selling price with 528?

Thanks
    Jen
  • Hi Car man,

My dealer told me the annual apr is 0.9. Then the MF will be 0.9/2400=0.000375. Is it correct? What is the residual for 528 with premium and tech package and 10000 mile per year?

Is the selling price reasonable by 500 behind invoice - 1730 option credit - 1000 bonus -1000 loyalty? Since those credit are from BMW manufacturer and 500 behind invoice is from dealer.

Thanks
    Jen
  • I think they quoted you pretty good as long is with not money down , but i think you should try to negotiated that payment down a little bit more .
  • That is not a quote from dealer. I am wondering if that is reasonable target price that I'll negotiate for.
  • Thanks again, car man.

To follow up, I negotiated a fair price for a 2 wheel drive 2012 535i GT as a purchase. Now I'm considering a lease. The car is equipped with the value package, which includes navigation at no charge. So does that eliminate the navigation credit discussed here? Am I correct that the only additional credit I get by leasing instead of buying is the $1000 lease incentive? Any other credits that would apply? I don't qualify for loyalty credits.

Cheers
  • Hi, I've also received a quote of $918/mo for a 535i 36 mo lease with technology, M sport, cold weather, park distance control and BMW apps for a negotiated price of$57064 in North Carolina. Money factor is 0.00235 and residual value for 15k mi/year is $33785. I'm a returning lease owner and I presume $1000 loyalty credit has been applied to my negotiated price. Should I take the reduction in money factor instead? And why is the money factor so high is it negotiable?
  • Here's the quote I got:
    2012 535i xdrive, premium, technology, cold weather, and satellite radio.
    MSRP $61,625
    15K miles per year
    $2K drive-off including first month, bank fee, and inceptions
    $675 per month (including new york sales tax)
  • ezinn12ezinn12 Posts: 15
    edited December 2011
    All,

Picked up my new 2012 528i today. I ordered it custom last month. Below is the deal, probably not the best i could do, but not the worst either. Let me know what you experts think...

2012 528i Fully loaded!!
    MSRP $61000
    Discounted $54385
    Excess wear & tear protection $671 (not financed)
    Out of pocket $2656.88 (incl, wear & tear, FL taxes, tag title, first month). $1000 loyalty incl.
    Monthly payment $777.11 12k/36

eric-
  • Being offered lease on 528i with sticker of $54775 in IL. Must make decision today, cuz I won't be around after for current promotion/year end.

Dealer wants $5500 down for $599 payment, 12k/mo and early turn in of my current leased BMW.

Last time, I paid $3500 down for 535i and there was $2k rebate applied. Want to make sure I'm getting fair offer. Dealer says it's $200 above his cost.

I asked about 10k miles/mo (what I have now, and is fine) and 42 mo lease instead (what I have now), and he is saying that payment diff on 10k miles is $12/mo and I shouldn't do that, and that monthly lease will go UP if 42 mos, cuz residual value goes down.

I'm not that saavy on leases.Does this all sound accurate to you? I'm not seeing where the rebate and "option" credit are applied, but can't tell what the current rebate, etc. really is on 528i.

Thank you!!

John
  • I would like to know the dealer because my quote is way off. I was told today $695 month $3K drive off with 10K miles
  • Gortex
    I am gettin a 535i m sport package loaded car $62700 msrp , $3500 down, $2700 loyalty credit monthly payment including tax and everyhig $740 a month 12k miles 36 month lease.
    Am i getting a good deal?
  • I got a new quoted from my friend who is a broker , 535i msrp $63,000, $3500 out of pocket , $2700 in rebates , 12k miles /year payment icl tax and everything $740
This discussion has been closed.